Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I dislike the idea of Umbral Forma and feel it should be removed.

(PSN)Yes-Man-Kablaam

For the record Nightwave and Wolf of Saturn Six is cool and I look forward to the next week of challenges.

The whole idea of these Umbral mods was to be used at their fullest with Umbra. It was hard and clunky to fit them in everything else and that made Umbra (and it's line whenever they may arrive if at all) Feel pretty special and it wasn't too bad powercreep wise due to the aforementioned drawbacks for a set that is frankly OP. But now Umbral Forma is arriving and just ugh. Do we really need more poer creep with this these mods should be slightly difficult to work with on other frames it's putting a circle peg in a square hole! Nevermind the added excess flood of "my Umbral w/e powercreep build" this just doesn't jive well in my opinion and will make any future Umbral things more difficult to develop as you'll have to consider it on every frame now instead of a focused Umbral line.

• Like 1

Forma itself was exactly the same thing for the game in 2013
:)

does the game need higher Stats? well, no. but Cosmetics and pointless Stats is EVERYTHING that the game sells.
do i want more infinity Stats? not really, i want stuff to do.
but that's not likely to happen.

• Like 3

You realize that umrba forma is really hard to get; you can only get it from nightwave as the second last reward (which you only get once) and will take roughly 7 weeks to get. Further, once you put on 1 then no other mod can fit in that slot without extra drain; meaning you are essentially locked into using an umbral set up.

• Like 1

Umbra mods were probably never intended to be used on anything but Excal Umbra but players tried desperately to fit them into other builds so DE prolly saw an easy grind scheme at their feet and took it. I personally don't like the idea of set mods in general. A set bonus is either worthless or so good it pigeon holes builds and Warframe already has a problem with staple mods.

Given the very long time gate on Umbra Forma of one every 10 weeks I'm betting it's going to create problems in the future as things are constantly being changed and added. My Rhino Prime from 5 years ago has been forma'd 10 times just because of changes over the years and it's not just mod or frame changes. The addition of Nullifiers forced me to abandon his Stomp build.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Xzorn:

Umbra mods were probably never intended to be used on anything but Excal Umbra

That is just false. If it were the case would wouldnt be able to equip them on other frames.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam:

Feel pretty special

But Umbra still is a special Excal. Not by numbers but by his quirks in having howl instead of blind and in his sentience. That lets him stand out far more than a simple number increase on the modcards.

6 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

That is just false. If it were the case would wouldnt be able to equip them on other frames.

How can something be false if it was not said with certainty?

I said probably and plenty of unintended things in this game have become "features".

DE did not intend for Nova's M.Prime to work in reverse and now it's part of the game or the giant Chroma Deluxe Heavy blade skin. Even Coptering. DE makes mistakes and just goes with it. There's more evidence they literally just made Umbra Forma a month ago than any intent on having it be a part of the game from the start.

• Like 2

Wait, hold on... So a Forma which can put an Umbral polarity on a regular Warframe that isn't Excalibur Umbra? Well, I guess my 250K EHP Inaros can always use more health and armour. Maybe I should put some effort back into this game... Not sure if it's necessarily a good idea, but I suspect that might be tying into The New War where more Umbra stuff is planned to crop up. Definitely sounds like power creep gated behind a grind wall, though - like Arcane Guardian and Adaptation. So nothing new there.

It's like ... 1 Umbra forma every 10 weeks

It would take you like ... 200 weeks to get one for all the prime frames you want.

That's y I say umbra frames shouldn't have been a thing in the first place it'll either be powercreep regardless or unfair powercreep to other frames but they needed a replacement for excal prime I just hope we don't see anymore

2 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I'd love to be able to purchase new forms of forma in the market since I heavily purchase the normal forma already (probably spent a thousand + plat already) since I have no interest in farming them. I'd be a great alternative, and would make de money. So idk why it isn't a thing.

No. Not everything should be purchasable with plat... plat is yo ez to get. I am so glad that you can soon differentiate players from payers. It's simple as that. A reward that everyone gets is pointless. It gets its value from the way to it. Plat is a cheap way and not worth anything. But something like the world armor set will have a special standing. Warframe has to many pointless or worthless rewards. Umbral forma is a very good thing like the cosmetics.

Umbral Forma was 100% going to happen and it's going to become fairly common otherwise Umbral Mods for a limited set of Umbral frames was dead in the water. 

That or they would have to make an Umbral variant of literally EVERY frame in the game or face the ire of everyone who's frame didn't get the Umbral treatment when they eventually say "whelp we're done making Umbras" 

So hate to be the bearer of bad prognostication but look forward to a lot more Umbral Forma. 

40 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

It's like ... 1 Umbra forma every 10 weeks

It would take you like ... 200 weeks to get one for all the prime frames you want.

They're likely going to be significantly more common in the future. This is undoubtedly a test to see how things go before they go full bore. 

10 minutes ago, Oreades said:

They're likely going to be significantly more common in the future. This is undoubtedly a test to see how things go before they go full bore. 

Its rank 29 and like some players akt it will not be common. You have to do 60% of all missions in 6 weeks to get to rank 30. A lot of people will miss one or two weeks and are out.

2 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

Its rank 29 and like some players akt it will not be common. You have to do 60% of all missions in 6 weeks to get to rank 30. A lot of people will miss one or two weeks and are out.

You realize by saying "in the future" I'm not talking the current release right? 

5 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

It's rank 29 now as its 1st introduced. But as with most rare things DE makes them more accessible like a mission here or there, twitch drop here or maybe just 20p up on the store. I'n not just looking at the 1 Umbral forma that's why it's called Powercreep as it creeps up.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

I'n not just looking at the 1 Umbral forma that's why it's called Powercreep as it creeps up.

Your logic is flawed. Normal formad frames already clear rooms of enemies in ~5 seconds, another umbral forma or w/e won't do jack S#&$. Unless clearing a room 2 seconds faster will be game breaking. All low level content is easy as sh1t, after a several hour of survival even your umbral mods will be obsolete and do nothing cause of the ingame scaling. So stop whining already, don't like the new formas, don't use them. I personally will rather have a 1 umbral forma on a frame instead of adding 5 normal frames just to fit extra mods and relevel the damn thing several times.

Eh I would be happy if you could plat Umbra Formas.

They don't have much use on frames like Loki, for one, so they don't break anything.

• 1 month later...