Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

il y a 5 minutes, CuppyDogCity a dit :

Her ultimate feels very underwhelming. You fly around very slowly and are weaponless except for your exalted launchers, which don't seem to come out automatically and don't feel powerful, flashy, or useful enough to warrant them being your only offense here. Using the two of them doesn't feel all that different from using them normally, either.

He kill 125 bombers realy fast, have 90% power. Its good weapon. Light atack is good, need change heavy (charged) atack. 

54 minutes ago, .Grineer_Slayer. said:

See how her stomach sticks out like a pot belly, and her breasts hang like grineer armor plates, almost as if shes exposed?

Lets compare her to a female body builder's frame:

She's not supposed to be a body-builder, she's supposed to be a strength athlete. These are different body types. You also picked an animation set with laughable, painful looking pelvic tilt. EVERY frame looks potbellied on that.

Balefire is weak as hell. I'm scared it'll be buffed to "almost as good as a gun", and never worth using. That it consumes shields is insult to injury. Give it some distinguishing characteristic or mechanic that means it's worth putting my gun+melee away for, please! All the fun factor ended up the larkspur instead, I guess...

Shield pillage: astonishingly "who cares" ability, but it would at least have been useful if you'd been able to cast it during aegis storm...?

Haven: haven't adequated tested.

Aegis storm: hey remember after the devstream when everyone said "boy, i hope her ultimate gets a lot more mobile because that's absolutely laughable"?

Yeah, that. This is an AWFUL ability which is a shame cos it LOOKS great. Please allow her to use her jet-dodge while in aegis storm, greatly improve its movement characteristics, make it actually auto-equip/holster balefire, allow the use of Shield Pillage and buff the crap out of balefire.

Put simply: the main point of aegis storm seems to be that you can fly around and shoot balefire. You can fly around a lot better if you stay OUT of aegis storm, and balefire is not worth equipping.

Her passive is just helpless in the face of slash procs and toxin atm. I mean, I'm not sure the passive is actually working, but even if it was, how would it help with those issues? Do you expect us to mod her for health? 

Final thought: shield arcanes, aegis and barrier, have pretty lousy %'s compared to grace and guardian, for example. This means not even arcanes can currently salvage her survivability imho.

If the 80% status resistance arcanes were 100%, you'd still be screwed: magnetic, slash or toxin are all able to annihilate you and you can only block 2. I suspect rapid resilience and adaptation are about the best you can do atm and it feels inadequate. 

Edited by FlanShark
  • Like 2

I'd like to point out: Hildryn is nowhere even close to being irredeemably  bad, but Shield Pillage and Aegis Storm need tweaks ASAP:

-> improve Aegis Storm movement speed, give us a dodge during it, allow us to drop out of it without the slow slam, let us use Shield Pillage during it, let controller users float down

-> make Shield Pillage always give us a minimum amount of shields back per target(even if they lack shields or armor), make the shields start coming to us the moment the wave hits targets

Alright DE,

This Warframe is so weird.
Despite the fact that I believe every one of her abilities has glaring issues, I find her super fun. 
I think she has so much potential despite all of her problems and I haven't stopped playing her since she came out, nor do I intend to.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I want to talk about something that I think would really benefit her: 
Make her first ability non-exalted. 
Please.

Hear me out here -
Why not just make her first ability solely a castable ability: 
You press the button, you fire a shot off. 
You hold the button, you charge a shot and fire on release.
No more weird cost per activation and shot. 
I really don't see why this ability had to be exalted, especially with the way her fourth ability works.

Since this is the only weapon you can use in her fourth ability, change her fourth ability so that when it's activated, you pull out the gun as an exalted weapon then.
Basically, I'm saying scrap the uniqueness of having an exalted weapon in her first ability and just make her fourth ability a full on 'exalted-form'. 
Again, I don't see why her first ability had to be exalted. Maybe it was just to be unique? Unfortunately, it comes off as massively clunky to use. 
Please consider altering it, maybe in the way mentioned here.

I also think that Balefire should really have its stats messed with a little.
I mean, sure, it rocks some crazy high damage at max rank and with mods, but having such rough status and critical numbers just feels bad. 
Base damage alone can only go so far with the way scaling works in Warframe. 
When I was toying with this in the Simulacrum against various high-level enemies, It felt pretty meh. 
Again, the damage is nice, but when you get to the point where you need multiple shots to kill an enemy and each shot takes shields, it seems very inefficient. 
I would be totally fine with a damage decrease if it meant possibly seeing an increase to its critical and status stats. 

As for her second ability, please change the way it works to keep it more consistent across factions. 
Right now, it feels amazing against Corpus, alright against Corrupted, very lackluster against Grineer, and downright useless against Infested.
The ability itself seems nice when it works, but the only time it seems to really function well is against the Corpus. 

As for her third ability, I, unfortunately, can't say much about its interaction with allies. I've only played solo since I got her!
However, I can say that when facing multiple enemies, the drain seems way too high for the damage that it does. 
Maybe consider adjusting the ratios a little?

As for her fourth ability, consider what I said above about her first ability.
Further, please allow us to cast her second ability while using it.
Considering it uses her shields as its resource, it can be difficult to maintain it in firefights against multiple enemies. 
If she could cast her second ability while using it, I think it would feel much better/maintainable. 

Past that, maybe just consider increasing the range a little and possibly altering the cost some. 
The range feels a little small and the cost has seemed a little high to me in fights. 
The cost though, again, might just be because it's her shields that she uses for a resource and I was taking too much damage overall.

As for her passive, the one listed in the game feels great, but I'm somewhat confused. 
In the game, it says her passive is brief invulnerability after her shields break, which feels awesome! 

Yet, the passive listed here says "Damage to Shields does not affect Health. No damage bypasses Overshields"?
I'm not sure if this passive is actually in the game, but if it is, please add it to her passive description. 

And, on the topic of ability description, her second ability appears to cleanse her of status debuffs, yet the ability description says nothing of this. 
Maybe add it to the description?

Overall, I think she is very fun, but has numerous problems.
Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing changes in future patches. 

Edited by KX297
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

UPCOMING CHANGES OF NOTE:

Hildryn's Main Blueprint is being moved from Vox Solaris' Offering Rank of Shadow (Rank 5) to Agent (Rank 2).

This is coming in a near Hotfx - thank you for your feedback!

What I want to know is when consoles get this update, will our feedback on hildryn be taken into account or is it only pc player that can give feedback. (if that's the case then that's a damn shame)

I want to say that there are a couple of bugs with hildryn that would significantly improve her if they were to be fixed.

2: Shield Pillage

-Shield Pillage fails to take away enemy armor. The animation plays but the ¨armor strip¨ takes away 0 armor. Because of this, hildryn recieves no shields from this ability when using it on armored targets without shields

-This ability can't be used while using Aegis Storm. It doesn't seem to be a balance issue, as haven does not prevent using it.

4:Aegis Storm

-Sometimes enemies take 2-3 seconds to be CC'd with this skill even if used directly next to them.

About balance:

Baelfire seems fine to me, I deal 20.000 damage with high status chance with it, and charging it increases its' damage even further. No changes needed I feel like.

Shield pillage: Just fix the bugs with the armor interaction. Make it castable during aegis storm, but make it hold the shields for hildryn in CC'd enemies instead of giving them to her right away

Haven: It deals extremely poor damage, barely stuns, and it's supportive effects don't work on allied targets (NPCs/objectives) and when they do work on other players they are barely useful. I don't think it needs to deal tons of damage, but it needs to do more for how much it costs.

Aegis storm: Please make it so that Baelfire is automatically equiped when using Aegis storm free of charge or make it so that we can use secondary weapons/primary weapons during aegis storm.

• Like 1

il y a 10 minutes, KX297 a dit :

Yet, the passive listed here says "Damage to Shields does not affect Health. No damage bypasses Overshields"?
I'm not sure if this passive is actually in the game, but if it is, please add it to her passive description. 

in game if you lost shield, you go immortal for 3 sec. You can circulate it on allies using 3

4 hours ago, Darkfreed0m said:

Vox Solaris Standing? No. Thank. You.

The Farming for toroids is borderline psychological abuse.(joke)

I really like her design though. it reminds me of the early warframes (excal,nyx,rhino,etc)

Shame i won't ever use her, unless maybe i get a lucky riven that sells for 400p.

Funny. i ended up farming toroids for 2 hours like a madman anyway.

probably got 150 or so with a resource booster.

Balefire could use a change in that it only slow you down if its half charged or something. At the current moment its really hard to fire the Balefire repeatedly without being unnecessarily slowed.

Edited by Hieracon
  • Like 1

So, spend around 5 hours playing Hildryn on Fissure Endless, Razorback and several other quickie missions. Verdict thus far:

Hildryn NEEDS 175% Efficiency to be even Viable in my opinion, as all her abilities are simply way too expensive for little result

Abilities:

Passive: One of the best passives in the game hands down, makes Hildryn VERY Hard to Kill.

1 – Balefire:       

• Charges too slowly even with FULL Firerate Mods, though deals insane damage.
  • Cost per shot is simply ludicrous.
  • No Charged Damage shown in Arsenal.

2 – Shield Pillage:            

• Useless against anything Non-Corpus, Costs WAY too much. Should be usable during 4.

3 – Haven:          

• Too little for too much cost. Needs total overhaul or it's buffs and damage raised by at least 15x.

4 – Aegis Storm:               

• Painfully Slow (Not even Warframe Sprint Speed? Really?), cannot go very high, Cost is fine WITHOUT Balefire.
  • Being forced into using Balefire increases cost so much it’s almost not worth using.
  • This should behave like Titania 4 or Archwing, if you want to fly somewhere, you can. No weird limits of having to be so close to the ground.
  • Also, WHY does this make Energy Orbs drop if Hildryn does not use them at all? I am told that Energy Orbs restore Shields, but I can’t say I’ve noticed.
  • Deactivating less than 1m from the ground should just allow her to drop gracefully to the ground instead of Slamming Dat Booty down.

Bugs:

• Using Hildryn 4 at 1 second of the Rewards Countdown on Endless Void Fissure not only makes it so you cannot see or select a reward, but completely crashes the game after said screen.
  • 2 and 4 work on Razorback exactly as with other enemies.
  • Whilst in 4, Elevators go through you
  • 4 is sometimes not disabled by Nullifiers
  •  When in 4, waypoints are not updated often
  • Like 1

Shields are not a good damage reduction mechanic, especially when you apply a drain from your abilities on top of something already going down fast. As a result hildryn is extremely uncomfortable to play without adaptation. In theory I think she's solid and can be quite fun, but there's the fundamental problem that comes from using shields as both your sole protection and as energy.

What the problem with using shields are

- Few ways to properly regenerate then. Methods of regaining shield have heavily fallen by the wayside compared to getting HP back.

- Abilities use shields or "my shields are gone, I can't do anything to save myself": This is bad because shields go down very quick due to no damage reduction of any form. Shields are gone? you have 2 seconds to find a spot and pray because you have nothing to regen shields with at that point if you didn't cast pilage right before.

- Energy orbs do next to nothing: 25 shields restored is nothing, shield regen is bad but suffers an even worse issue. Any ability cast causes shield regen to cease function. When using channeling abilities, you gain virtually nothing because 25 is so small and channeling abilities, especially when using both at once, is too high.

- Overshields aren't a good thing to rely on because 1200 bonus shields can get stripped quick. If you're at a point where you need overshields, it would be hard to keep them for a number of reasons. While this isn't as big of an issue because of her cleanse it does bring up a couple issues.

- Unreliable overshields means you might have to mod for health because of slash/toxin . To get good shield/energy levels 2 mods are required. either 2 capacity mods, or 1 capacity 1 regen. You could also get away with 2 capacity 1 regen. So you have what many other warframes dedicate as their health/armor mods but still have to worry about health due to having only 225 HP that can be easily wiped clean with a high level toxin cloud or bleed proc. 

Ways to get energy shield back and why they pose a problem

- Armor pillage: Can be effective but also it can be diminished permanently before hildryn gets to enemies. Hildryn has a naramon polarity, she doesn't need energy so what else can do? really you're stuck with a scavanger mod because if you have corrosive project you are cutting the total shields per target you can get by 30%. if your allies have it to, that's another 30%. In high level grineer missions where people like to strip armor off, you will be out of luck if you have a couple guys with corrosive projection and possibly coaction drift.

- Shield pillage: It works fine so long as you don't have a mag with you as her ability to mass destroy shields can interfere with your ability to stay alive. Also shield disruption but at least no one uses that really. 

- Energy orbs: 25 energy is nothing and regen can be stopped by using abilities before you get anything.

- Waiting: having to stay our of combat and not use abilites to help people for a period of time just feels bad.

- Shield charger: for a resource pool that is endless draining from 2 channeling abilities and damage, it's too inconsistent but can still be okay with other regen boosts.

- Arcane Barrier: Extremely powerful with the invulnerability but is too expensive. No one would have to use this to have a good warframe.

That's it. Hildryn can't use guardian it seems so your choices are very limited and all have their notable draw backs. 

That said, there's one problem that I don't think any warframe off the top of my head has faced before.

Infested lacking shields or armor gives hildryn no sustain or protection against infested forces.

Since we took at look at what can regen shields now lets see what you can use against infested.

- Pillage: only if the infested are in an augmented armor sortie or they live long enough to be hit by a swarm mutalist. Very limited

- Energy orbs/waiting: Painful to have to wait to use warframe abilities because there's absolutely no way to regen it reliably. 

So really, she has nothing against them without being able to generate shields like she can with other factions. This makes her incredibly uncomfortable to play for infested as, not only can she not generate shields to use her abilities often and help out, but she can't generate overshield against infested. This is super important because without overshield any toxic ancient or mutalist osprey will have a field day with trying to kill her.

I might not be thinking hard enough but I can't name a warframe as hampered by a different faction than hildryn currently is. Even at their worst other frames like mag had something like their CC. But hildryn's 4th ability drains too much shields once you have enough enemies in. Takes you out of combat unless you want to use more shields to cast your balefire, and is countered by ancient healers. Essentially making you a worse Bastille but you drop energy balls you can barely use.

I mentioned hildryn being uncomfortable to play. This another important thing to note about her now that we understand what hurts her the most.

Hildryn can use up too much energy on a resource type that depletes fast in later content

- With more range you connect with more enemies and allies all increasing your drain to notable levels.

- Strength is needed to give your buffs and restores any decent value. You will be sacrificing either efficiency or duration which also affects efficiency of your 2 channeling abilities.

Shield upkeep takes too much effort

- Pillage only gives shields on the return trip. lasts 2 seconds total at base but can be called back.

- Have to disable ult just to use pillage

The problem is, you don't want to use too much energy because you don't know when big burst of damage is coming and you have to use shields to keep pillage going so when the invulnerability comes, you can get shields back quick. This is a short time frame on an ability you have to cast a huge amount.

Pillage should have a longer duration but go back and forth between you and the max distance through the whole duration. Hildryn will be using this a ton anyways, shield/armor strip is good, you need to keep shields and preferably overshields up, and it's pretty much your only failsafe if your shields deplete without forcing you to wait an excessive time to get back into combat. it should not be as narrow of a window as it is.

Overall I do enjoy or mechanically, but again there's an inherent problem with using shields as a main focus in any respect be it as energy or defense. Especially not both.

Edited by Annnoth
  • Like 1

I've been enjoying Hildryn however I do have a few small issues. Her balefire is pretty strong imo with corrosive being able to go up to 80k. However I do wish that the explosion radius was a bit bigger. Even charging it up doesn't make the blast radius that much bigger only taking out a few enemies here and there at a time. For her Aegis Storm, I feel that her mobility is extremely restricted despite flying in the air as you can't really go very high and she is very slow in moving around. I'm hoping that you guys could integrate her shift into Aegis Storm so that she can move faster even if its slightly or even make it so that she moves much faster like a thruster in archwing when holding shift. I don't really have an issue with the other two skills but I feel that using Arcane Aegis even at rank 1 makes her shield regenerate at an extremely fast rate, which is kind of my subsititute for 2 when in 4. I do enjoy Hildryn but I hope you guys make her balefire have a bigger explosion radius even if its just in her charge up with explosions similar to staticor and for more mobility in aegis storm and maybe make it fly slightly higher for that tad bit extra air superiority.

I hear hildryn can't cast shield pillage while using aegis storm, big yikes if so cause it's not streamline to have to go in and out of it to get back shields, especially with the landing animation locking you in place.

Also heard that you can't using any other weapon besides balefire with aegis storm. It's understandable with titania but hildryn should be able to choose to use weapons or balefire. 

2 hours ago, Gama. said:

What is the point of obtaining the Blueprint if you cant even obtain the other parts 

This event clearly was not planned very well.... Locking a warframe behind platinum because you cannot kill the boss that drops the parts is just badly organised.

Gotta get everyone out and scanning those data-hashes. Pretty sure that'll do it.

1 minute ago, -Bv-Concarne said:

I hear hildryn can't cast shield pillage while using aegis storm, big yikes if so cause it's not streamline to have to go in and out of it to get back shields, especially with the landing animation locking you in place.

Also heard that you can't using any other weapon besides balefire with aegis storm. It's understandable with titania but hildryn should be able to choose to use weapons or balefire. 

Ye unfortunately you can't use shield pillage while using aegis storm but I've been using arcane aegis and arcane barrier as substitutes for this. I've also tested max efficiency and duration above 40%, which makes the amount of shield usage go down by quite a bit. Also because I could only use balefire in aegis storm, I tested it out a bit and I've found balefire to be quite strong however I only wish for a bigger explosion radius so I can take out groups of enemies faster.

2 hours ago, Stalc said:

I have no idea they actually told free players to wait off for people with money to buy off? Did you forget the time it takes to make one of your warframes in your game or has the ego gone to your heads? Its 4 days worth of wait to make a single warframe, so not only are you making the free players wait longer to get the frame, but you aren't even showing the timesink involved for participation. You are making free players wait longer deliberately so people can buy the frame early even before the events conclusion yea?

Um yea, its a for profit company.  How entitled are you, that as a free player leech, expect to be given things by a game studio.

I've been able to do arbitrations fairly easily as her.

She seems quite awesome. It is disappointing that her 2 doesn't work while using her 4, and that you can't use anything but your 1 while using your 4.

My only question about her so far is her passive: It states that the invincibility trigger refreshes whenever your shields refresh to full. This does not seem to always be the case though. I've been in a situation where I was sure my shields hit full, then when my shields hit 0, instead of going invincible, I've died.

Just a clarification: Should she go invincible upon losing her last shield, or can damage spill over and she be one shotted without becoming invincible (In which case her small health pool and 300 armor begin to matter)?

Il y a 20 heures, KaizergidorahXi a dit :

Seriously, another frame locked at Tier 5? No matter how shiny the new frame is, most players who do not enjoy the Heist content will never acquire her if she's locked at such a high level. Forcing people to play high-tier missions when the rest of the parts can be found in the Operation is not a great idea. And PLEASE don't take this comment to mean that you should put them ALL in the Tier 5 just so they're all in the same place. Just put the Frame BP's back in the market like how all the old frames were. Earning the frame parts is fine, but being forced to farm tons of items and a boss fight 98 times is not fun or "playing a game", it's just work.

So while it's true that the normal rep grind is pretty hard (I skipped baruuk, but I got Garuda like a week after release the normal way), it should be noted, you can get platinum without buying it. You just have to engage in trade chat/warframe market.

Honestly, it was way easier to get the plat via tradechat. I had enough saved up to grab her collection, and oh man.. I loved it.

So far she seems fun but I have to agree with the other people in some major points:

• Balefire feels weak past a certain point. It is clunky to use with the charge up and even then the charge doesnt deal much damage. Modding for speed improves this somewhat and the dps is alright but it still feels a little undertuned.
  • Something needs to be done about Pillage and its interaction with Grineer and Infested. It is somewhat useable but only in large crowds, even then it just doesnt do enough.
  • Haven needs more testing but the damage is negligible. Supporting your allies is fine but once enemies enter the picture your shields dwindle too fast. If Pillage did more regen, it would be manageable to keep the balance.
  • Aegis Storm... nuff said. Too clunky, too slow, too expensive. In a game full of one-shot frames, this one feels lacklustre. It doesn't know if it wants to be CC or damage. It certainly isnt mobility. Even the CC bugs out occasionally, as enemies get released upon taking damage.

Overall I get the idea that a frame with "infinite" energy needs to be balanced and restrained but there's simply so much powercreep by other tanks that Hildryn feels undertuned in almost every regard. I feel like some tweaking and some mild reworks (mostly for Pillage and the way it interacts with armor/health) can fix that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ishinae said:

My only question about her so far is her passive: It states that the invincibility trigger refreshes whenever your shields refresh to full. This does not seem to always be the case though. I've been in a situation where I was sure my shields hit full, then when my shields hit 0, instead of going invincible, I've died.

Just a clarification: Should she go invincible upon losing her last shield, or can damage spill over and she be one shotted without becoming invincible (In which case her small health pool and 300 armor begin to matter)?

I think shes supposed to go invincible when her shields hit 0 cuz thats what it does for me but that may be a bug if ur invincibility doesn't refresh when ur shields go to full. Never happened to me tho

Edited by Shadow62051

I see that most of my gripes have already been mentioned, including the restricted movement in Aegis Storm and the inability to use other weapons while hovering.

I would like to add that, while so hovering in Aegis Storm, Hildryn takes up far too much of the screen. This makes enemies often hard to spot at long distance or just on the other side of the screen (because you can`t see it). If the camera were moved up and to the right a smidgen that would help a ton.

Cheers for the frame, having a blast despite the complaints!