The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Weekly - 5 Sorties REALLY?

Mickey1779

Yeah this week wasnt too great Ill admit it took around 3 hours to complete them all (bar the sortie one that cant be finished yet).

The level 30 exterminate one got finished (somehow) in the last part of yesterdays sortie (which I still hadnt played), not sure how I managed to get it since I was playing as Rhino and didnt do anything to stay undetected.
Havent done vaultruns (or lua challenges) in over a year so wasnt thrilled about them either since I mostly solo (carrying 4 keys helped alot).

Edited by (XB1)Dic3man
spelling

2 hours ago, Mickey1779 said:

Maybe it is me, but I thought one of the "benefits" to Nightwave was that players would be able to complete the daily and weekly challenges logging in once every 2-3 days.

This weekly for completing 5 Sorties requires players to log in almost every day this week and thus is counter to that initialize, why?

If you would reduce this to 3 Sorties it would make sense as someone would need to log in 3 times during the week to not miss a daily challenge.

1) Log in before daily reset. 

2) do Sortie. 

3) wait for reset. 

4) do new Sortie. 

5) skip a day and repeat. 

6) skip a day and repeat. 

6 Sorties, completed in 3 logins per week. 

I'm very glad to have helped you with your problem, which as you can see is not necessarily a problem. This means that you are now happy. Also I am happy that I have made you happy by helping you to identify that the mountain you were looking at is indeed just a mole hill. 

• Like 2

What else to say that has not been said already. This subject is starting to be realy boring. See you in few weeks, when you will have enough informations based on the results of the benefits or the flaws of the system. Until then, just put a little bit of efforts into it. It's here to stay. 

1 hour ago, Tellakey said:

I mean... I guess? It's not so much about missing out as it is about not getting the exclusive rewards.

alright.
those rewards are EXCLUSIVE and are meant to be EXCLUSIVE

can't handle the ridiculously easy content, yet? -> well u got a reason to step up your game for future events
you have no time? -> i guess you have better things to do then. making money, raising a kid, spending time with your partner....this is called having priorities.

and if you are old enough that you need to set priorities because you might have taken on responsibilities you should be old enough to deal with missing out on an EXCLUSIVE reward because you do not have what it takes without taking personal offense.

because tbh, if ppl can't handle missing out on virtual armor because they have to raise a kid, make money or **** their partner etc.

they have far greater issues than that virtual piece of armor

Edited by kuchn
  • Like 1

This entire nightwave system is awful. It completely screws new and casual players. It only benefits those who play religiously. But since its veterans are benefiting from it that's all that matters right? I think 3 sorties would be better. 5 is a bit much. This new system is simply not worth the tedious grind for the rather small reward in return.

• Like 1

Eh. I solo them every day anyway, except for Assassinations that's not Vay Hek, Ambulas or Mercury Vor. Can't be bothered dealing with the Stalker any more; you can only one-shot him with your Corinth so many times.

This is the only Weekly left on my board, and I'm already rank 11 despite skipping 13,000 Standing last week. I'll have 2 passes, and if I use them both up, I'll flip a coin, and bite the bullet if it comes up tails. But I will not bat an eye if I pass on another 5,000 Standing.

Don't want to do it? Skip it. Farm some Fugitives on OV instead.

Edited by KnossosTNC

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

You can screaming that all you like but that doesn't change that the system has major flaws. You are one of the players that this system benefits so of course you don't see an issue.

okay
i absolutely agree that it screws new players over
but i absolutely disagree with the notion that everybody needs to have the EXCLUSIVE rewards just because they think they should

1 minute ago, kuchn said:

okay
i absolutely agree that it screws new players over
but i absolutely disagree with the notion that everybody needs to have the EXCLUSIVE rewards just because they think they should

Your last point is completely irrelevant to what I just said. I don't know where you got that from my post. 

• Like 1

il y a 22 minutes, (XB1)Eminem2420 a dit :

This entire nightwave system is awful. It completely screws new and casual players. It only benefits those who play religiously. But since its veterans are benefiting from it that's all that matters right? I think 3 sorties would be better. 5 is a bit much. This new system is simply not worth the tedious grind for the rather small reward in return.

What new and casual players are realy losing with this change? 

Edit: it could be 3, i agree but this do not reflect the system as a whole. 

Edited by HexOmega111x

I cleared up 5 rank last week, don't worry if you miss up on some challenge.

Excepted if you really want that cosmetic at the end or get that umbra forma early.

But i have to admit a timegated activity on a limited time board is annoying.

Wonder if you can triger a point if you already did the daily sortie. That would be nice.

There's gonna always be a new person *@##$ing about one of the new weekly challenges always isn't there? Almost everyone already does sorties so this challenge is just easy, if your person who doesn't have access to to sorties don't worry you can skip elite weeklies and still hit rank 30, only need 60% participation to get max in nightwave. 

I predict next weeks night wave elite weekly will be  pet you kavat 3 times and somone will still make a complaint thread about it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

2) do Sortie. 

3) wait for reset. 

4) do new Sortie. 

I'm very glad to have helped you with your problem, which as you can see is not necessarily a problem. This means that you are now happy. Also I am happy that I have made you happy by helping you to identify that the mountain you were looking at is indeed just a mole hill.

Not sure if you're serious but the sortie resets when I'm at work anyway.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kobrakai85 said:

Not sure if you're serious but the sortie resets when I'm at work anyway.

No problemo, muchacho! 

We wave the magic wand, say the magic words, abra cadabra, sim salabim, presto change-o and voila! 

1) Log in before daily reset. work. 

2) do Sortie. 

3) wait for reset. go to work and be productive, leave at the appointed hour and return home. 

4) do new Sortie. 

Tah dah! 

I'm very glad to have helped you with your problem, which as you can see is not necessarily a problem. This means that you are now happy. Also I am happy that I have made you happy by helping you to identify that the mountain you were looking at is indeed just an ant hill. 

2) do Sortie. 

3) wait for reset. 

4) do new Sortie. 

Give me a break! Some of us have jobs, families, commitments and cannot login at a specific time. You might as well have random alerts come back if you expect players to change their schedules to meet the needs of the game.

In the end this is just another badly designed challenge. Expecting players to be available for 5 of 7 days, especially with a holiday weekend (St. Patrick's Day) is pretty inconvenient for many players.

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Give me a break! Some of us have jobs, families, commitments and cannot login at a specific time. You might as well have random alerts come back if you expect players to change their schedules to meet the needs of the game.

In the end this is just another badly designed challenge. Expecting players to be available for 5 of 7 days, especially with a holiday weekend (St. Patrick's Day) is pretty inconvenient for many players.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

1) Log in before daily reset. work . the events that you wish to attend to. 

2) do Sortie. 

3) wait for reset.go to work and be productive... attend to said events until you are done with your other duties. 

4) do new Sortie. 

5) skip a day and repeat. 

I'm very glad to have helped you with your problem, which as you can see is not necessarily a problem. This means that you are now happy. Also I am happy that I have made you happy by helping you to identify that the mountain you were looking at is indeed just a mosquito bite. 

You dudes need to get together and present these as a single item. I'm running out of ever smaller items to compare your problems to. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

to meet the needs of the game.

This is the problem with many people. Somehow I get the impression that I'm really lucky to play for fun, to be a volunteer in this game, because it sure sounds like DE has a warehouse full of kidnapped people in order to boost up the daily player numbers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I'm very glad to have helped you with your problem, which as you can see is not necessarily a problem. This means that you are now happy. Also I am happy that I have made you happy by helping you to identify that the mountain you were looking at is indeed just a mosquito bite. 

You dudes need to get together and present these as a single item. I'm running out of ever smaller items to compare your problems to. 

Notice that your 'solution' requires playing across the reset time every time. Notice that this is not a solution. You have helped nothing. You have contributed nothing. Stop insulting those with legitimate complaints about the new system.

• Like 1