Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips for completing Nightwave Acts

Chad1661

With all the complaints about Nightwave, how about sharing tips for completing them:

Mining rare gems:  With the the Mining Gun from Fortuna, hit as many mining seams as possible (both blue and red)  and look for the small bracket.  If you hit it, it is a rare gem reward.  With a little practice, it gets to be easy to hit consistently.   Don't worry about the other other dots.  Just open them up long enough to close them if they don't have a bonus bracket.  You will get some mineral for your effort and there is a small chance of a gem from the blue.   On Plains, the cave to the left of the gate (exiting from cetus to the plains)  has a c---load of seams.   On Vallis, the bigger caves have the most seams, but those are not close to the entrance.

Get X number of finishers - best way is to sneak up from behind and "E".  Loki is great.  Helpful to do this solo.

Complete level 30 exterminate undetected --  The level range has to be 30 and above.  25-35 will not work.  Also, as long as you don't set off an alarm, that counts as undetected.  I completed it solo with Loki.  Ivara would be good too.   Although, as long as you can quickly take out the enemies before they can set off an alarm, most any frame would probably work.

Unlock Lockers - Corpus tile sets have a lot of lockers.

Fishing for Rare species on Vallis:  Best place is to fish in the ponds in caves with bait for either Charamote or Synathid.   They will spawn in cold and warm climates, so you can fish them anytime.

Complete 8 bounties - In Plains or in Vallis, if you have a hard time completing the higher level ones, stick to the lower level bounties and keep comming back after they reset.  If you knock out 2 a day, you can finish this up easily in 4 days.

Murkray is a rare fish that appears on the coasts with Murkray bait -  both day and night.  Good Choice for completing the rare fish challenge on PoE

Edited by Chad1661

2 hours ago, Chad1661 said:

Fishing for Rare species on Vallis:  Best place is to fish in the ponds in caves with bait for either Charamote or Synathid.   They will spawn in cold and warm climates, so you can fish them anytime.

Complete 8 bounties - In Plains or in Vallis, if you have a hard time completing the higher level ones, stick to the lower level bounties and keep comming back after they reset.  If you knock out 2 a day, you can finish this up easily in 4 days.

I believe the baits are locked behind SU standing though. There is however often at least one or two Charamotes spawning in hotspots in caves, even without any bait. The Tromyzon also spawn without bait in ponds during cold weather. If none spawn in the hotspots, run like 50 meters away and then back to the hotspot to make most fish respawn. You can also use the Luminous Dye from PoE to make them easier to spot, and you may even be able to use the PoE fishingspears if you don't have any gear from Fortuna yet. The captured fish will be of less quality but should still count as rare I think?

And with the Bounty act you don't need to wait for the timer to reset to do it again. Just do the Tier 1 bounty over and over, which only consist of 3 quick and easy parts, and you should be done with 8 within an hour. I think the timer only affects the SU standing gained, but the mission still counts and you get the rewards. 

Unlocking Orokin Vaults can easily be done quick solo. The way I do it is to use a high duration and efficiency Loki, equip all dragonkeys, bulletjump through the Capture Derelict mission with constant invisibility to completely ignore all enemies except the target. You can easily pick off the 10 finisher kills and and 20 aimgliding kills in this one as well with Loki, or similar upcoming dailies. Might want to bring some energy restores if you're not generating through Zenurik. 

Edited by SirTobe

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Ubern00ber88 said:

For finishers I recommend Inaros or Excalibur. Both work phenomenally for this.

I used Sleep Ivara + CL Dagger, that worked really well too.

• Any frame that can sleep enemies works well. It means you can do the "without detection" exterminate [this week] at the same time.

4 hours ago, Chad1661 said:

Do the 2nd Profit Taker bounty if you can, it only has one stage and takes like two minutes to complete. Alternatively, do the boss; takes longer but you might get something worthwhile out of it.

Edited by SordidDreams

58 minutes ago, (XB1)Ubern00ber88 said:

For finishers I recommend Inaros or Excalibur. Both work phenomenally for this.

49 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I used Sleep Ivara + CL Dagger, that worked really well too.

Or you can pick Ash with Fatal teleport and just press 3 a couple of times.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-03-12 at 8:06 AM, HorridaMessor said:

Or you can pick Ash with Fatal teleport and just press 3 a couple of times.

Each attack of his 4 also counts as making a finisher (I didn't expect it to work, but it did for me). So that's even quicker 🙂

Edited by Azamagon

A thought to the future.

Don’t fill any Ayatans, make sure to hold onto your amber stars and empty sculptures, because that one is likely coming around again toward the end of the season, just to catch anyone who thought they were done with it.

Hold onto a veiled Riven or two, because I suspect that there’s gonna be a challenge like ‘Unveil a Riven Mod’ in future weeks.

Make sure you know how to do Spy missions properly, because I suspect we may see challenges like “Complete three Spy missions flawlessly”, i.e. all three Vaults, no alarms. Ditto for Rescue missions.

They’re probably not going to make any challenges involving Operators, but if they do I shall laugh forever and ever and ever at all the people who never bothered to level theirs up.

Ditto Archwing, because Archwing challenges are gonna be on the rotation.

An interesting one: I do not expect any solo challenges. DE seem much more interested in pushing for clan activity with Nightwave stuff.

7 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Don’t fill any Ayatans, make sure to hold onto your amber stars and empty sculptures, because that one is likely coming around again toward the end of the season, just to catch anyone who thought they were done with it.

^^This.  So much this.  This one challenge broke me of my habit of filling ayatans as soon as I get them.  

Overall for tips, I'd say try to get accessibility to as many things as possible for players who haven't done things like clear all nodes on the starmap or Max rank with the Cetus & Fortuna factions.

If you haven't done quests like the 2nd dream/War Within. Those should be priorities for unlocking more of the end game challenges.

I expect we could get an arbitration challenge such as doing 3 rotations. Hopefully the friend/clanmate requirement wouldn't be strapped on, but considering the profit taker this week. It's still possible.

Also have a weapon ready to level for challenges such as getting a new weapon to lvl. 30. Or forma/modular weapons again.

Then if you're trying to level a new weapon/frame anyway. Try to bring it with you while doing the required nightwaves missions and when possible, do fissures if you need to do a specific mission type so you also get a prime part.

Last thing that just occurred to me. Have a reserve of judgement points and animo beacons in case we are required to fight Kela or Ambulas in a future nightwave.