Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR Fail Penalty needs removed or altered

deathmite

A 24hr penalty for failing the MR test is way to long. I'm on MR Test 13 and I've failed it 3 times. I use the practice portion quite a bit and pass it almost every time now. However it also seems to be a bit bugged, as the platforms will disappear even when not being touched. The enemies also take way too long to spawn, for how much time each platform take to fall. Using Frames like Titania or Ivara don't seem to help due to the lack of energy to spawn with. With Titania, I spawn with 115 energy. My friend did it with Ivara (I don't have Ivara). He can only get a couple of strings off before running out of energy... I'm not even sure the ropes are even supposed to work in that one. Either increase spawns for the enemies, increase the time the platforms have before falling, increase the energy available on the frames at the start, or completely remove the 24hr penalty... It's just dumb you have to wait 24hrs to retake the test, when the test has that many issues already.

There's a reason you can PRACTICE tests in the relays in the Simaris room. It's your own fault for failing the actual tests multiple times.  

I'm not sure if you're able to use your gear wheel in tests anymore, you used to be able to, just use some energy pads.

• Like 8

Maybe instead of telling DE to change their system, rephrase and ask specifically for tips from one of the 1000s of people that have passed the test, several of whom would be more than happy to suggest other equipment or frame abilities to help you through this exam.

• Like 2

I had a friend who was stuck on this MR10 because his brightness was so high it just looked like a glowing white patch. Suffice it to say his first teat failed because he was jumping in blind. He was on his fourth attempt when I met him and after swapping screens we finally figured out the problem. The new problem is that now his other unmentioned problem has shown up. He's a HORRIBLE test taker. Practice runs ace them all day. Real teat shows up the pressure and anxiety beats him every time. 

• Like 3

It took me 2 tries because the first time I was a little nervous so I kept missing the targets. 

You actually don't need anything special, just an auto rifle or weapons that you can sweep in a line, that way you cant miss. My aim was not so great so I brought good old soma and scanned the targets.

Pick the low platform, you don't need to get on top ones. The platform flashes red when it is about to disappear. when that happen jump to the next closet one. Take it easy and you'll do it.

Good luck! and glory to the queen

STRENGTH TO THE GRINEER!

51 minutes ago, deathmite said:

Using Frames like Titania or Ivara don't seem to help due to the lack of energy to spawn with. With Titania, I spawn with 115 energy. 

You can use energy pads for energy... even without a frame to cheese it it's pretty easy. They are tests for a reason. There will be more difficult test ahead if you find that difficult then it could be a problem for you.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, deathmite said:

increase the energy available on the frames at the start

This can be done by removing all the mods from your titania minus the ones needed to reach max efficiency

(Something along the lines of streamline, narrow minded, continuity should be enough)

• Like 2

When I did this one I jumped to the top middle plate and just stood there and took out enemies when it disappeared I dropped down to the one below and then the next (since there are 3).
If those arent enough you have a bunch more around.

I remember doing one qualify MR test without practicing though once and I had brought TONCOR lol, it was the one where you are suppposed to shoot "orbs" in the air or something, that was not a good weapon choice but I finished it.

OP is honestly not wrong it is a useless system if you fail you should get get another try I mean its no like mr is doing that much they dont need to lock it behind that kind of wall little extreme for something you dont do that often anyways.

What im trying to say here is what is the actual point of the 24 hour retry rule? I mean if the mr test is holding the person back from doing what they want they will probably just log off.

Edited by S.Dust

OP the trick with MR 13 test is to not panic and take your time, you have more of it than you think. From the start ignore the middle platform so you have an extra one to come back to as you make a circle. Do you have an Ember? The 4th ability World on Fire is quite useful for killing a few extra enemies quickly as you jump around. If you do it smoothly and without panicking, you shouldn't even need the middle platforms. The platforms give you a visual clue when they're about to disappear, they start flashing. Use a gun that doesn't require you to reload if you have one. I hope this helps, good luck.

Edited by Zilchy

8 hours ago, deathmite said:

I spawn with 115 energy.

you can use plates but that test is easy.  make sure that nothing touches a plate, and then just stand on the plate they make a noise when their are about to fall.  also, plan a route through the test as this will save you time.  one more thing I would suggest that you take an accurate large magazine weapon.  personally, I used the stradavar in semi-auto or the latron wraith (20 rounds is all you need for that test) on mag where I added every enemy sense mod I had (this lets you know where the enemies are I would keep the full map out as well as it helps with navigation and enemy location).  one more thing the catch moon/arca plasmor with a turbulence Zephyr should be able to do the test no problem.  

6 minutes ago, (PS4)toneone3000 said:

Im stuck on the MR 17 test. The orb positions are random, so practice is pointless. I have nerve damage in my hand so my movement skills suck. 

Hey man it is annoying but there's a fairly easy solution. Equip Ember with max range, max efficiency and just an Intensify for power strength. If you don't have the frame you can easily get it by killing Sargus Ruk for the parts. Activate world on fire and ONLY focus on hitting the orbs. Take a long range melee and simply hop around hitting each one, they will immediately spawn each time you destroy one so you will build up time to get to each one the more you hit. World on fire in the meantime will kill enough enemies for you, just ignore them completely so you can focus on one thing and have more time to get to the orbs if your movement isn't great. Best of luck!

Edited by Zilchy

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

Hey man it is annoying but there's a fairly easy solution. Equip Ember with max range, max efficiency and just an Intensify for power strength. If you don't have the frame you can easily get it by killing Sargus Ruk for the parts. Activate world on fire and ONLY focus on hitting the orbs. Take a long range melee and simply hop around hitting each one, they will immediately spawn each time you destroy one so you will build up time to get to each one the more you hit. World on fire in the meantime will kill enough enemies for you, just ignore them completely so you can focus on one thing and have more time to get to the orbs if your movement isn't great. Best of luck!

I used Equinox clone build. The clone kills everything, but I can never make it to the upper level in time. Thanks for the suggestion though.

hace 10 horas, deathmite dijo:

A 24hr penalty for failing the MR test is way to long. I'm on MR Test 13 and I've failed it 3 times. I use the practice portion quite a bit and pass it almost every time now. However it also seems to be a bit bugged, as the platforms will disappear even when not being touched. The enemies also take way too long to spawn, for how much time each platform take to fall. Using Frames like Titania or Ivara don't seem to help due to the lack of energy to spawn with. With Titania, I spawn with 115 energy. My friend did it with Ivara (I don't have Ivara). He can only get a couple of strings off before running out of energy... I'm not even sure the ropes are even supposed to work in that one. Either increase spawns for the enemies, increase the time the platforms have before falling, increase the energy available on the frames at the start, or completely remove the 24hr penalty... It's just dumb you have to wait 24hrs to retake the test, when the test has that many issues already.

Or you can learn to play (its even more sad that you cant do it with "cheese" method like using titania ) ... the test has no "issues" , if other people can do it so can you .

42 minutes ago, (PS4)toneone3000 said:

I used Equinox clone build. The clone kills everything, but I can never make it to the upper level in time. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Titania razorwing maybe. No tricky parkour when you can fly. I sympathise with your situation and wish you all the best.

well you got to see it in a positive way.

the game gives you 24 hours to cool your head, deal with the frustration over you not passing a test of your mastery and practice in order to git gud.

besides, it gives you time to write in the forums about the last tiny bit of penalty system that is not linked to tedious grinding but at least to a resemblence of skill.

Edited by kuchn