Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NIGHTWAVE is a failure

Ax10mCRO

7 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Exactly, there should be absolutely no changes to the game, it should be one big sense of achievement and everything should come to me just cause I logged into the game! There should not be any optional things, because I might dislike them! Everyone should be grateful I even login! I should be getting rewards while I sleep! 

I can't understand even the 5% of your word because my IQ is too low lol

Actually, no one seems to want "free reward", but rather "free way to get reward".

like if you want plat, you can do arbitration and sell ayatans, do eidolon hunt and sell arcanes, do eso and open relics/sell vandals, go sabotage and hunt rare mods, and even more...

But it is not true for nightwave. you HAVE TO DO 65% of nightwave and they are not always fun things to do.

Edited by Test-995

1 hour ago, Ax10mCRO said:

We are forced into missions with "friends or clanmates" which "can't be changed by DE" which then were changed as seen yesterday when they messed up the 40 wave defense mission (also thanks for not giving us the red text not to waste time on it, I loved spending an hour in there,getting no reward and fidning out you swapped it)

I'm not a fan of these challenges either, since my clan is mostly inactive, but at the end of the day, this IS an online game, and DE intended for it to be played with others. and you aren't being forced; seriously, that word has lost all meaning since Nightwave released.

5000 standing for profit orb with friends or clanmates (again that wonderful thing) locked behind rank 5 of SU standing, locked behind a standing cap based on my MR, you practically gave the middle finger to a lot of your playerbase right there.

the only people getting a "middle finger" - more like a mild inconvenience, or even a goal to work towards - are those who decided not to level up their SU rank. you've had many months to raise your MR and gain the standing, even if all you do is fish and mine to ensure you can buy all of Ticker's Debt Bonds every day. first thing I did when Fortuna Launched was grind for Standing, because I knew it would be important.

And now we got syndicate missions RUINED by people who simply rush through them without looking for insignias/marks because "hurr durr, gotta do my 10 missions for Nghtwave."

you can solve this problem yourself by running the missions solo. they aren't difficult and you can go at your own pace to find all of the Marks. running public is only going to give you people who don't care about the marks, so just don't do it.

Nightwave isn't a failure, you just need to up your SU standing and do the syndicate missions solo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

But it is not true for nightwave. you HAVE TO DO 65% of nightwave and they are not always fun things to do.

65%!!!

How dare they put a condition like that, I should get my umbral mod and armor set at 0%! 

And those pesky molotov throwing diaper wearing ugly fugitives too! I can't stand the sight of them. I don't want them to drop in my mission and give me passive standing either! 

How will I get me sense of fulfillment if I actually have to work towards it? 

• Like 3

Just now, 0_The_F00l said:

65%!!!

How dare they put a condition like that, I should get my umbral mod and armor set at 0%! 

And those pesky molotov throwing diaper wearing ugly fugitives too! I can't stand the sight of them. I don't want them to drop in my mission and give me passive standing either! 

How will I get me sense of fulfillment if I actually have to work towards it? 

Oh yes 65%, having at least 40% or more of S#&$ty challenges(citation needed) and you have to do 65%.

if challenges itself is good, or there is more challenges to choose, then there would be less ranting/whining/crying here.

22 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

It's not there for weeks, just 1 week only.

The challenges was there for one week, yes.
The Profit Take itself was there for weeks before the challenge dropped. He had enough time to get max rank. But he didn't bother.
So yes, it is on him.

4 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

The challenges was there for one week, yes.
The Profit Take itself was there for weeks before the challenge dropped. He had enough time to get max rank. But he didn't bother.
So yes, it is on him.

He didn't bother because he didn't expected time-gated content to be nightwave challenge.

Do you say same if there is nightwave challenge that would be like "Forma opticor 3 times"?

Because warframe existed long time, people have to be more than mr 14 and that's their fault if they don't have that much of mastery ranks?

Or maybe "use an umbral forma" because there is enough time to grind fugitives, it's your fault if you didn't do that?

Edited by Test-995
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Oh yes 65%, having at least 40% or more of S#&$ty challenges(citation needed) and you have to do 65%.

if challenges itself is good, or there is more challenges to choose, then there would be less ranting/whining/crying here.

How dare they make me do simple mathematics on top of everything else! 

300k rep is 65%

100% would be little more than 460k let's round it to 465k.

Each week is 43k standing without those pesky fugitive captures. 

That comes to about 11 weeks that the series will run! 11 weeks of this horrendous Nora, with her silky voice, whispering sweet nothings in my ship! 

Elite challenges are 15k,

so 28k per week if I so decide to log in every week and not do any elites but all other challenges. And ignore those ugly fugitives. 

28k over 11 weeks 308000 standing! 

I can't even gain one prestige rank after getting everything ! This is sooo unfair I should be getting all the prestige too! 

• Like 1

Just now, 0_The_F00l said:

How dare they make me do simple mathematics on top of everything else! 

300k rep is 65%

100% would be little more than 460k let's round it to 465k.

Each week is 43k standing without those pesky fugitive captures. 

That comes to about 11 weeks that the series will run! 11 weeks of this horrendous Nora, with her silky voice, whispering sweet nothings in my ship! 

Elite challenges are 15k,

so 28k per week if I so decide to log in every week and not do any elites but all other challenges. And ignore those ugly fugitives. 

28k over 11 weeks 308000 standing! 

I can't even gain one prestige rank after getting everything ! This is sooo unfair I should be getting all the prestige too! 

lol but didn't you know there is also S#&$ty weekly nightwave? and daily will expire after 2 days?

So no matter what, chances for "forced chore" is not that low.

The thing is poorly thought out, and it's poorly executed.

Let's start with the poorly thought out part:

• We are forced into missions with "friends or clanmates" which "can't be changed by DE" which then were changed as seen yesterday when they messed up the 40 wave defense mission (also thanks for not giving us the red text not to waste time on it, I loved spending an hour in there,getting no reward and fidning out you swapped it)
  • 5000 standing for profit orb with friends or clanmates (again that wonderful thing) locked behind rank 5 of SU standing, locked behind a standing cap based on my MR, you practically gave the middle finger to a lot of your playerbase right there.
  • And now we got syndicate missions RUINED by people who simply rush through them without looking for insignias/marks because "hurr durr, gotta do my 10 missions for Nghtwave."

As for the poorly executed part, just look at all the bugs being reported, I won't even waste time typing those out.

It really feels as if this thing had so much potential that was wasted by devs making hasty decisions based on "OH MY GOD THIS IS GONNA BE SO COOL" instead of actually thinking about the aftermath.

That's why I usually do my syndicate missions alone, well, I play mostly solo, it sucks when the missions are defense, interception or survival because they always require two rotations, I tend to ignore those missions, as for medals, sometimes I don't feel like finding them so yeah, better to rush solo than to bother other players.

5000 standing for profit orb with friends or clanmates (again that wonderful thing) locked behind rank 5 of SU standing, locked behind a standing cap based on my MR, you practically gave the middle finger to a lot of your playerbase right there.

I think my favorite part about all these 'wah wah Nightwave' posts is how the fact that people who've made more progress get more rewards comes up every single time.

Thanks for not breaking the pattern.

• Like 4

Just now, Test-995 said:

lol but didn't you know there is also S#&$ty weekly nightwave? and daily will expire after 2 days?

So no matter what, chances for "forced chore" is not that low.

A daily? That lasts two days? Outrageous daily should last just 24 hours, what kind of shoddy book keeping is this ? It should be called bidaily or dubaily or something, such horrible use of time durations! 

And a weekly that lasts a week? Even more outrageous how do they expect me to work for the week and play this game for a few minutes and then spend some hours on the weekend which I normally do?

This is proving my very first point,

It should be 0% standing needed,

How dare they expect us to put effort to gain something? that's it! time to boycott the internet till our demands are met! 

*still in full sarcasm in case any friendly mods come by and not get it due to the excess work they put and still get no thanks, I appreciate your work guys 🙂 *

47 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Exactly, there should be absolutely no changes to the game, it should be one big sense of achievement and everything should come to me just cause I logged into the game! There should not be any optional things, because I might dislike them! Everyone should be grateful I even login! I should be getting rewards while I sleep! 

Lol, these forums in a nutshell 😂

17 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

Nightwave is sucking for yet another week - just bring back the quick alert system that was successful for 6 years in combination with it - let players choose what they want to play.

You mean stagnant and forgotten in a dusty corner relying on off game bots to give you warnings? Hmm, yea, wouldn't call that successful. Barely even functional. Just because Nightwave isnt better for you it doesnt mean it's not better for the game. 

Edited by --END--Rikutatis
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

A daily? That lasts two days? Outrageous daily should last just 24 hours, what kind of shoddy book keeping is this ? It should be called bidaily or dubaily or something, such horrible use of time durations! 

And a weekly that lasts a week? Even more outrageous how do they expect me to work for the week and play this game for a few minutes and then spend some hours on the weekend which I normally do?

This is proving my very first point,

It should be 0% standing needed,

How dare they expect us to put effort to gain something? that's it! time to boycott the internet till our demands are met! 

*still in full sarcasm in case any friendly mods come by and not get it due to the excess work they put and still get no thanks, I appreciate your work guys 🙂 *

hmm, where those "sarcasm" came from? i don't really see someone who saying "I WANNA FREE REWARD!", most of them are just saying "I HATE THIS CHALLENGE! THERE IS NO CHOICE! NIGHTWAVE IS BAAAAD!".

Anyway i guess it's time to stop, maybe?

Edited by Test-995

I've been doing a few runs in syndicate missions yesterday and I found only one person not playing the search the medaillons game.

If you want to be sure that you'll be able to search the medaillons, go in a pre made squad, or do not consider it a big deal I guess.

Btw about the nightwave, I like the fact that the game makes me go where I never go or I stopped going by myself, like apothics or nightmare missions. It changes from my routine and that is very satisfying.

Edited by ludo3009
  • Like 1

I really wanted to post something insightful, wise and to provide an educated answer to the OP. 

However this is the 100th moaning thread based upon the fact that someone can’t handle a change to a gaming mechanic and, rather than adapt and make it work for them, prefers to selfishly demand the game reverts back to how they like it. 

TL;DR - /yawn

24 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

hmm, where those "sarcasm" came from? i don't really see someone who saying "I WANNA FREE REWARD!", most of they are just saying "I HATE THIS CHALLENGE! THERE IS NO CHOICE! NIGHTWAVE IS BAAAAD!".

Anyway i guess it's time to stop, maybe?

*Temporary sarcasm suspension since a stop request was made*

You don't have to like every challenge, the "with a friend" may cause you to break immersion a bit and certain walled of conditions like the profit taker were indeed not ideal for some players that have not reached that level of reputation or skill. But you don't have to do it anyway. 

As I have shown by my quick math check, just earning 28 k standing per week is enough. 

This can be achieved by doing

all dailies and weekly and no elites. 

All weeklies and 2 elites and no dailies, 

5 dailies, 5 weeklies, 2 elites. 

This still leaves you with enough wriggle space as some weeks will be better than others. 

Once again, 

Night wave is not the problem, 

Expecting rewards for little to no time and effort put in, unwillingness to make friends and general aversion to change in their routine is what the problem with the players is and that too for very specific challenges, not for all of them. 

Bad/difficult challenge != bad game mode. 

I myself have given criticism for some of the challenges, but the Nightwave itself I like. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

2 hours ago, Ax10mCRO said:

• We are forced into missions with "friends or clanmates" which "can't be changed by DE" which then were changed as seen yesterday when they messed up the 40 wave defense mission (also thanks for not giving us the red text not to waste time on it, I loved spending an hour in there,getting no reward and fidning out you swapped it)

The we can't change challenges thing was referring to changing the kuva surv challenge to less time as many people felt the hour requirement was too much.  The 40 waves was swapped to a different challenge due to some tile sets not counting.

• 5000 standing for profit orb with friends or clanmates (again that wonderful thing) locked behind rank 5 of SU standing, locked behind a standing cap based on my MR, you practically gave the middle finger to a lot of your playerbase right there.

Fortuna has been here for months, if you didn't rank up in that time that's your fault not the game's 

• And now we got syndicate missions RUINED by people who simply rush through them without looking for insignias/marks because "hurr durr, gotta do my 10 missions for Nghtwave."

There's this thing called "playing solo" it's a revolutionary thing where it's just you in a mission. 

It's a matter of people doing syndicate missions for the wrong reasons and not for the syndicate standing it gives.

What if I told you that I haven't done syndicate missions with other people in years because rushers existed long, but very long before nightwave? I just take my max range Limbo and get all 8 medallions easily.

And then, "correct way, wrong reasons" and what not. LMAO. What if I told you that the correct way to play in PUGs is minding your own business and not dictating how others should play?

2 hours ago, Walkampf said:

Yeah, it bothers players who don't have friends.

I do have one friend. Even my gf plays Warframe. There's just 2 things. Gf only plays once in a full moon. Friend only logs in when he wants carry, generally after I already grinded everything and he just wants me to go trough everything again for him. I have no trouble popping up in recruit and typing "Need <friend> for XYZ task". I quickly get a pm, send a friend request, invite, and get it over with. May even delete the fake friend afterwards. Now do I wish I could do it with my actual friends? Yes indeed. Will I throw a tantrum over it? Life's too short to cry for stuff that can be fixed in seconds, and still has an advantage even if mostly flawed.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Test-995 said:

He didn't bother because he didn't expected time-gated content to be nightwave challenge.

Ever since a "Kill an Eidolon" condition popped up, yes. Yes, he knew. Ever since there's a challenge title accompanied by the word "Elite", yes. Yes, he knew. Because elite is not "kill 150 enemies with a secondary". From the moment you see that "elite" tag in the challenge you can assume two things:

• It won't be mandatory for max ranking nightwave;
  • It'll be something related to an open world boss, ESO, Arbitrations, long mission runs, etc.

In case he didn't know, however, I'm just go ahead and say that he's not in the game for long enough to understand and predict how these challenges work. So not very elite of the player then. And in that case the elite challenges aren't for him. That's about it.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Ever since a "Kill an Eidolon" condition popped up, yes. Yes, he knew. Ever since there's a challenge title accompanied by the word "Elite", yes. Yes, he knew. Because elite is not "kill 150 enemies with a secondary". From the moment you see that "elite" tag in the challenge you can assume two things:

• It won't be mandatory for max ranking nightwave;
  • It'll be something related to an open world boss, ESO, Arbitrations, long mission runs, etc.

In case he didn't know, however, I'm just go ahead and say that he's not in the game for long enough to understand and predict how these challenges work. So not very elite of the player then. And in that case the elite challenges aren't for him. That's about it.

You’ve just reminded me that I really need to hurry up and unlock Arbitration’s. Which I wouldn’t have done if Nightwave weren’t a thing. 

Another Nightwave positive. It pushes you to open areas that you’d otherwise overlook. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

There's this thing called "playing solo" it's a revolutionary thing where it's just you in a mission. 

Well that's nice honey, but you completely missed the point.

According to you it's absolutely fine that syndicate missions which are used to farm syndicate standing are now being rushed through without any regard for their primary role?

And instead of fixing this issue the solution is to play solo?

Meanwhile so many of you have pointed out that DE wants us to make friends and socialize by forcing the friend/clan requirement but at the same time go "hurr durr you should just play solo".

How about this? How about the people who are not trying to farm standing in a mission designed for farming standing go play solo instead of ruining it for others?

Anyway I'm done bothering, keep defending everything the devs do and enjoy the half-assed solutions you get.