Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova prime or mesa prime?

Anshdrop5

Both are really interesting and have their own strengths. Both are tanky (Nova thanks to her new Augment) and are well appreciated in nearly all the different missions' types.

Mesa more for pure DPS purposes, Nova for Control/"Assist DPS" (damage increase and explosion on her 4) purposes.

Mesa is more tanky and deals more damage overall, but her cc is barely noticable. Nova can get very tanky with a proper build but wont be as tanky as Mesa. But you can build Nova as tank and for her MPrime, the build part will barely take from her cc overall, the only ability that will be impacted will be her wormhole. Nova has one of the best CC in game, damage reduction ability and a nuke in a form of AMD.

Both framed are the best of the best in their own right.

Edited by Xardis

Gerade eben schrieb Xardis:

Mesa is more tanky and deals more damage overall, but her cc is barely noticable. Nova can get very tanky with a proper build but wont be as tanky as Mesa. But you can build Nova as tank and for her MPrime, the build part will barely take from her cc overall, the only ability that will be impacted will be her wormhole. Nova has one of the best CC in game, damage reduction ability and a nuke in a form of AMD.

wrong about tankyness tho.

nova with her 1, molecular fissure, adaptation and arcane guardian never dies. u can literally tank 8 lv 125 heavy gunners face front, just standing still. with molecular prime it takes them even longer to get u to low health and in that case operator just heals up with the arcane(s). mesa is tanky for sure, but she cant match novas EHP with the right build. mesa is also vulnerable to AoE and melee whilst nova is not. they are both similar but also very different. both can nuke but in a different way. personally nova any day for me but thats preferrence. nova is also "better" for a team than mesa since she just wipes enemies with peacemaker. nova can just use molecular prime and everyone benefits.

1 hour ago, Anshdrop5 said:

I just wanted to know who is better for endgame and damage, less squishy and who is better all rounder.

Thanks a lot 

Mesa. That is all the answers for every question in the universe. At least for now. She's tanky and has an incredibly OP nuke ability that is only rivaled by Saryn's spores (and few others).

Though Nova is also pretty good. Except in Vallis where a sniper can shoot you from kilometers away and whatnot.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Anshdrop5:

I just wanted to know who is better for endgame and damage, less squishy and who is better all rounder.

Thanks a lot 

I want to know that who can survive lvl 100+ enemies and can destroy them easily?

Just want you guys to know who is better mesa prime or Nova prime 

If it helps you with you answers

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Anshdrop5:

Just wanna know which one will last longer in ESO and which one can kill high leveled enemies easily

Which Warframe scales damage Mess or Nova

I think you aren't finished asking yet so maybe get both?! ;)

Much of your satisfaction from each frame will boil down to how much you enjoy each frame. I can’t argue which one is better, but I can tell you which one I’m going to choose in your scenario. Has little to do with better... I like playing one more than the other.

Enjoy the game, explore, spend time with all the frames you can, then you’ll know which one you enjoy better...

2 hours ago, Anshdrop5 said:

Just wanna know which one will last longer in ESO

Saryn.

2 hours ago, Anshdrop5 said:

which one can kill high leveled enemies easily

Depends on the enemy. Trash mobs that are targeted by Mesa's regulators? Mesa. Enemies that regulators don't target? Nova.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Anshdrop5 said:

Thanks a lot 

They have different jobs. 

Nova is more about control and debuffs, Mesa is pure damage output. 

Mesa is far tougher out of the box. She's easy to mod. She is very survivable, but only against ranged damage. She doesn't fare well in melee range, though she does have some slight control over enemies what want to get in your face. 

Nova can be made pretty tough, but you'll end up juggling some pretty exotic mods (you'll be leveraging Null Star) and it's going to call for some pretty radical stat swings. There's a certain synergy with the short range maximum duration gives and Neutron Star, but you basically give up using Wormhole for anything significant. Mobility vs. 90% damage reduction; your call. 

It's going to come down to personal preference and how you want to play. Nova is more useful to a team, but a badly played or modded Nova is a menace. Mesa just kills stuff in job lots, but is a very useful bullet magnet. Sometimes, that's all you want. 

Edited by Sloan441
Magnitude

4 hours ago, Xydeth said:

nova is also "better" for a team than mesa since she just wipes enemies with peacemaker. nova can just use molecular prime and everyone benefits.

Well, nova is better in what sense though?  Mesa wipes everyone with peacemaker, ok everyone benefits because the enemies all die.  Nova casts MP, and everyone benefits... at killing the enemies that would already be dead from Mesa.  Just saying, death is the best CC

EDIT: I’m not trying to detract from nova at all, I like playing a speedva myself, I’m just trying to point out a loophole in the argument.

Edited by Littlemike137

4 hours ago, Anshdrop5 said:

Just want you guys to know who is better mesa prime or Nova prime 

Both are good for different reasons. You look at a CC and a DPS frame which are both popular. there is no "better". And every frame and kill 100+ enemies with the right build.

9 hours ago, Xydeth said:

wrong about tankyness tho.

nova with her 1, molecular fissure, adaptation and arcane guardian never dies. u can literally tank 8 lv 125 heavy gunners face front, just standing still. with molecular prime it takes them even longer to get u to low health and in that case operator just heals up with the arcane(s). mesa is tanky for sure, but she cant match novas EHP with the right build. mesa is also vulnerable to AoE and melee whilst nova is not. they are both similar but also very different. both can nuke but in a different way. personally nova any day for me but thats preferrence. nova is also "better" for a team than mesa since she just wipes enemies with peacemaker. nova can just use molecular prime and everyone benefits.

Nova can only be as tanky as you are willing to sacrifice her other stats. Thus her 1 is weaker than Mesas - excluding melee (but that is very easily avoided) and AoE (thats also easily avoided). Mesa also has that limitation, but Mesa doesnt need that much mods to be as effective, and stats that make her effective boost her tankyness more than Nova. To top that Mesa has more base HP. Both are tanky, but making Nova tanky requires more than on Mesa. and so, with all mods, forma and arcanes you can have, I find Mesa more tanky than Nova.

I don't even understand why you are all arguing about who's the tankiest, Nova can literally freeze the whole map, i don't even know how you can die with all enemies moving like they're escaping from a retirement home. At this point you don't need EHP, no one can kill you.

Nova is definitely the most tactical (CCs, teleport, slow enemies and bosses - always useful on interceptions), Mesa has better damages but she's limited to her LoS, she can't kill what she can't see though. Apart from having a really high damage output and slightly buffing allies, Mesa doesn't bring anything to the team - If you need high damages go for Mesa, if you need utility go for Nova.

Edited by 000l000

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Littlemike137:

Well, nova is better in what sense though?  Mesa wipes everyone with peacemaker, ok everyone benefits because the enemies all die.  Nova casts MP, and everyone benefits... at killing the enemies that would already be dead from Mesa.  Just saying, death is the best CC

EDIT: I’m not trying to detract from nova at all, I like playing a speedva myself, I’m just trying to point out a loophole in the argument.

not a loophole. mesa is limited by line of sight, nova is not. mesa also has no spherical AoE, its limited by the shrinking reticle which molecular prime is not. sure, u can kill what u aim at quickly, more or less, but with MP they are dead as soon as MP hits them and wont deal a lot of damage anymore too so u can call them 75%-dead in a sense. pick mesa over nova, idc, personally i would pick nova over mesa any day but as i said thats opinion. its also simple fact that buffing/debuffing -> teamplay whilst damage itself is not team focused. "death is best cc" is a meme, nothing else. killing stuff has 0 to do with CC in the literal sense.

if u call that a loophole then we can stop arguing in this thread at all because if u want to find a loophole u will always do so but going back and forth is not what a dicussion is all about.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Xardis:

Nova can only be as tanky as you are willing to sacrifice her other stats. Thus her 1 is weaker than Mesas - excluding melee (but that is very easily avoided) and AoE (thats also easily avoided). Mesa also has that limitation, but Mesa doesnt need that much mods to be as effective, and stats that make her effective boost her tankyness more than Nova. To top that Mesa has more base HP. Both are tanky, but making Nova tanky requires more than on Mesa. and so, with all mods, forma and arcanes you can have, I find Mesa more tanky than Nova.

i dont sacrifice anything in my build. i have negative range which is kind of a must have unless u want to lose 1 stacks quickly. AMD and MP range is not an issue anyway. wormhole is arguably the only ability where negative range is an issue. its a typical max duartion build with adaptation and MP augment +2 arcanes, not too big of a drama since only 1 arcane is needed for tankyness, being guardian and thats not too big of an investment imo.

nova can be more tanky EHP wise, roughly 74k vs 77k but that depends on the arcanes too. at the end of the day they both have a really hard time finding their grave so its not that big of a deal.