Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need help with building an unkillable rhino.

OH_GOD_NOTTHISGUY

Question

23 answers to this question

Personally I ignore shields and go for armor, strength, some health, and the augments for 1 and 2 so I can charge through a pack to empower my iron skin refresh, and to not have to wait for iron skin to expire in order to detonate and refresh it. With that build, you don't need range and duration as much, but limiting those will make 3 and 4 less effective for helping a group. Just be sure you don't get stuck with low iron skin and no energy. 

1 hour ago, OH_GOD_NOTTHISGUY said:

I've been using rhino prime for a while

It suddenly occurred to me that

I haven't changed the build ever since old void times.

I'm updating my build. 

Can somebody help with that

Nothing much 

Just want a big hulking pile of stone cold rhino 

That can't be killed.

Are you a rhino charge build player or a rhino roar build player? You can do a build to max benefit either, or a compromised build that doesn't given the best of either. I for example never charge so my build is a mass roar build. I see some players charge a lot and their roar has minimal effect.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

This is the Rhino Build I tend to use most. Rhino isn't unkillable but it'll take pretty long into an endless mission before he struggles.

IAAFy3V.jpg

You can slightly and I mean slightly improve the build by using Umbra Steel Fiber + Umbra Intensify in place of Steel Fiber / Transient but what you're mostly gaining is a lil duration on his Roar more than anything else. Avg 80-120k Iron Skins, upwards 200k. I prefer my Rhino fast, ie Arcane Vanguard, Rush and Amalgam Serration.

mW1L3it.jpg

This is the Sentinel build you'll want to use with him. Carrier, Djinn or whatever. The important part is Synth Fiber + Deconstruct which spawns Health Orbs and allows you to pick them up when you're already full Health.

And to Finish it off this is a video of the upper avg 120k Iron Skin taking 44 shots from three lvl 165 Corrupted Nullifiers. Arguably one of the most deadly enemies in the game after scaling kicks in. Seriously give x3 Nullifiers a try with other frames to compare. He's quite durable and able to instantly replenish his eHP.

Spoiler

Il y a 2 heures, Lutesque a dit :

No Frame is unkillable.... 

Especially the Rhino.

Because he's dependant of his abilities to stay alive.

Nullifer, you say Nullifer? Sh*t !

Toxin ? Oups !

Slash ? Oh, no !

And he dont have personnal way to regain HP.

A Nidus will have less armor but can really be unkillable.

Regens and the Immortal passives are really awesomes.

So a Rhino can be tanky and hard to smash but not truly unkillable.

Hardness and survavibility are not same thing.

• Like 1

The most unkillable frame, no matter the conditions, is an Arcane Grace powered Inaros. By a very fair margin. Just build sheer tankiness around him and Grace will take care of the sustain.

Nullifers, slash and toxin procs, lvl 165 bombards and heavy gunners squads, every f*cking boss in the game... He doesn't care at all.

Radiation procs could get him killed by an ally though, and self damage... but that's pretty much the only thing that can.

Bonus: his 4th augment gives him status imunity, like he needs it...

Edited by Galehann

6 hours ago, SgtHotPepper said:

Especially the Rhino.

Because he's dependant of his abilities to stay alive.

Nullifer, you say Nullifer? Sh*t !

Toxin ? Oups !

Slash ? Oh, no !

And he dont have personnal way to regain HP.

The hell?

Never go into a Nully bubble. That's like Rule #1 and not just for Rhino.

He's immune to status effects so not sure what Slash has to do with anything.

He's actually more resilient to Toxic than most because it doesn't triple dip into his eHP. His Iron Skin is Ferrite HP so it simply gets +25% Damage against him where as other frames get +25% for Ferrite an additional +50% for Flesh Health type and it ignores 25% of their armor value. Toxic / Puncture hurt other frames way more than Rhino. That's why I posted the video of him eating lvl 165 Nullifier Lanka shots as they do Puncture damage which wrecks most frames. He's even stronger against Toxic.

He also has instant HP recovery by simply re-applying his Skin.

7 minutes ago, uiop2000 said:

No, that would be Nidus the Undying.

Not really. Nidus can fall into a death spiral at much higher levels. Wukong cannot.

Once Nidus procs undying more than once within 3 min or so it gets very difficult for him to recover as his damage output drops like a rock which in turn makes him take more damage as enemies stay alive longer and it goes full circle into him procing undying again. Once Nidus has to Revive the run is over. Nidus will still get further in levels than Wukong but that's because he has amazing synergy where as Wukong pretty much has Melee damage spoofing and that's it.

Wukong and Perma Hysteria are on a similar level when it comes to not dying and they both have similar weaknesses. Hit either of them with a lvl 300 or so Ancient Disruptor and they're going to have a bad day. Smart stealth play remains the most effective "immortality" at high levels but it's all very situational. Zephyr can't die against Corpus / Void enemies if you play well but neither of those last two are technically taking damage.

Just now, Xzorn said:

Not really. Nidus can fall into a death spiral at much higher levels. Wukong cannot.

Once Nidus procs undying more than once within 3 min or so it gets very difficult for him to recover as his damage output drops like a rock which in turn makes him take more damage as enemies stay alive longer and it goes full circle into him procing undying again. Once Nidus has to Revive the run is over. Nidus will still get further in levels than Wukong but that's because he has amazing synergy where as Wukong pretty much has Melee damage spoofing and that's it.

Wukong and Perma Hysteria are on a similar level when it comes to not dying and they both have similar weaknesses. Hit either of them with a lvl 300 or so Ancient Disruptor and they're going to have a bad day. Smart stealth play remains the most effective "immortality" at high levels but it's all very situational. Zephyr can't die against Corpus / Void enemies if you play well but neither of those last two are technically taking damage.

Correct, but I'm going to note one thing, he said Unkillable. Undying's five secs of invulnerability and healing to 50% is more than enough to get away from whatever's killing you, and then regenerate so you won't die again. For Wukong self-revive is the only thing keeping him (sometimes) useful while for Nidus self-revive is a failsafe in case you get in over your head.

Il y a 1 heure, Xzorn a dit :

The hell?

Never go into a Nully bubble. That's like Rule #1 and not just for Rhino.

He's immune to status effects so not sure what Slash has to do with anything.

He's actually more resilient to Toxic than most because it doesn't triple dip into his eHP. His Iron Skin is Ferrite HP so it simply gets +25% Damage against him where as other frames get +25% for Ferrite an additional +50% for Flesh Health type and it ignores 25% of their armor value. Toxic / Puncture hurt other frames way more than Rhino. That's why I posted the video of him eating lvl 165 Nullifier Lanka shots as they do Puncture damage which wrecks most frames. He's even stronger against Toxic.

He also has instant HP recovery by simply re-applying his Skin.

True about status immunity . My bad.

Yes it's better never go to a nullifier bubble but S#&$ happens and it's particulary bad for rhino because this is a instant dispel.

And dont take offense,i dont say that Rhino can tank. It's even a very solid warframe indeed.

It' a very hard nuthell to crack but he just cant do some things.

I make a Nidus build that can literraly stay among a full bunch of enemie taking damage and dont give a sh*t.

Because, like you point, there are some nice synergies.

Adaptation work marvelous on him (a flat DR is frequently better that armor), arcane guardian activate all time, hunter adrenaline is permanently trigged and so on...

If you add healing Sentinel, his 4 ability and his passives you can just do some dance when mobs try to kill you.

So it's all about the OP's question.

1 : no warframe is unkillable.

2: Rhino is not the better candidate to emulate Deadpool.

4 hours ago, SgtHotPepper said:

So it's all about the OP's question.

1 : no warframe is unkillable.

2: Rhino is not the better candidate to emulate Deadpool.

It's just weird all these alt options came up when Rhino was specified. Like I get other options are out there but people down talking Rhino like he's not very very durable on his own. I pushed him lvl 350 Solo and wasn't delicate about it at all. As one should be with Rhino. He's very Quick Crash or Burn.

Best non-Immortal in game is a spar off between Trinity and Nidus. After that it gets wishwashy but Rhino ranks pretty high.

Build to YOUR strengths, none of the stats mods or any of it is any good without your direct input, you can be unkillable with ANY frame, takes skill & practice, always horde energy, health & ammo pizzas, remember what your abilities do, A rhino stomp can be as much a life saver as Nidus undying, that split second retreat.

Treat these things as tools, designed to do what you want with who YOU are, for example I use Nidus parasite snot ball at max range constantly, its utility is astounding, outright broken & an amazing stall tactic when making that blind rush at 60 minute survival to the exit.

I combined My Frost prime with the Zenistar I just got, now the ice globe is a death trap, Parasecis or whatever, the ballas 2h sword, turned my necros into a slaughter machine with a high crit chance high speed max reach build, the frame is the same, the weapon turned him into a veritable terror.

So build to your strengths & what you want it to do, look at the mods suggested & find the murderous joy combination that makes you squeal with glee at every fallen foe!

Poopy is, Iron skin has no damage reduction so even if you stack XXXk iron skin it will start getting shred at some point (but we talking lvl 200+) . Also you need to hit many mobs with his charge and have to keep charging/refreshing iron skin if you want to keep any decent amount. Also there is this VERY old glitch where you can get oneshot when you release iron skin and cast new one even when your HP are greyed out (means you "should be" invulnerable).

Its pretty cool original build. Overkill for even sorties if you can hit multiple mobs and stack lots of iron skin you can do whole mission and still sit around 90% iron skin.