Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What about people who just spent tons of resources crafting arcanes?

Tacritan

what about them?   well yeah, what about them indeed, who cares, they got what they wanted/needed, things changed and they still have what they wanted/needed, they lost nothing, expecting a claim is a pretty moronic expectation.

It's pretty typical of Warframe since the start.  I remember when getting two R5 Cores was a good run.

Why Hema is a meme worthy joke.

Let this be a lesson. Don't play new content 🙃

Seriously though. Everything old gets easy. Including content of this game. Pretty sure Wyrmius and Flappy Zephyr is the hardest content.

Edited by Xzorn

I am not super fond of the open world content in general. I think it's overly grindy and lacking in story and direction. Mining and fishing are very boring tasks for my space ninja proxy suit to be doing.

That said, the grind was a barrier for me when it came to getting arcanes. I was thinking of skipping them, but now maybe I won't. This is a step in the right direction for me.

17 hours ago, Tacritan said:

yeah, feels good to farm the s**t out of PoE within last week just to see all your work end up like this. 

We really need reimbursement script for existing plains arcanes, last couple days ive been running around PoE lakes farming wisps and mining gems just to see this happen. 

What a disgrace is right mate, if I was you I would just quit WF right now and move onto a different game, or you know keep complaining. Whatever floats your boat 🙂

Vote with your actions. If you don't like a feature refuse to give in to it. I personally stopped caring about arcanes after realizing just how insane the grind is. I figured DE would eventually follow suit, and they did. I just received all of my long-desired arcanes by simply having the blueprint in the inventory.

Its the same as anything that was a blueprint but now isn't. Or was limited, but is now infinite. I was sitting on over 500 archwing pods, and when it became an infinite use they became useless. But that doesn't mean I should be given back the materials. It was my fault for stockpiling so many, and that goes the same for the arcanes I crafted. Just think of it as 'getting them earlier than the rest'.

• Like 1

Arcanes are completely optional...you feeling bad for having to farm them has no issues with 95% of the player base. So that was your decision and nothing more. Feel good that you had the time to play the game and get what you wanted. But donot think you speak for the majority here.

12 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Meh. What am I going to use them on? 

I already have hundreds of wisps, and despite having hundreds of archwing launchers, I have lots of those base materials that I somehow got and now have nothing to really spend them on. So.... What benefit would we get from such a refund?

idk. i am basing it off of DE not making the resources useless going forward for new content.

Again with the issues of the Login system rework. That time I didn't feel unfair, I understood the "hard work" they put in to get the weapons and armor set. But let's be real here, you just need to log in, nothing else. 

But not this time, this time to build arcanes you have to grind your ass off for the wisps, the gems the fishes, there's no other way around it, you can't really buy your way out of boredom because there aren't many resouces to buy with plat. You have to actively grind. I just built 3 sets of arcanes 2 weeks ago, and hell, it was hell, layers upon layers of resources, tiers upon tiers of materials.

I'm not a spoiled brat who want to be given everything for free, I like the grind if it's fair. You people make us "veterans" sound like spoiled brats, but not all of us. 

I'm glad they changed the economy for players old and new. Can you comprehend everything I just said up until this point? And not dismiss all of them?

Then explain this, some guy named @Voltage in the Update and Build notes asked DE why didn't they refund the time we put in building arcanes like before: 

"Thank you for the hotfix.

Still no refund for investments into Arcane crafting. Players were refunded the last time when Arcane costs were reduced as per Hotfix 22.3.4 on November 16th, 2017.

Arcane blueprints are now removed and hundreds of Eidolon gems, Breath of the Eidolon, hours, missed Eidolon cycles to fish, etc. have been lost. Loc-pins cost essentially nothing and those were refunded, why not these?"

I saw a guy said that they can't, because they only keep records of players' progress 30 days back. That's a good reason, give me more and not talk to us with a condescending tone.

15 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

You don't need them to play.

15 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

I never bothered to farm all the materials needed for arcanes because it's boring as hell, but now I can just throw some shards at the quills and get all the Margus Vigor I need.

Uhm ?.....

In any case it looks like DE took all the Blue Prints sitting in my foundry and just converted them into fully Crafted Arcanes for me... nice...

I feel like this is going to happen again...

It's hard to look back and think of the things you could have done instead IF this was done much earlier. It messed me up initially because I diligently followed the path set up by them to advance, only to receive this late April Fools' joke afterwards.

I just hope this ill-fated decisions will not repeat ever again. I gained so much from the arcanes I maxed out already. That grind is past me now. I am just relieved that DE finally realized that prolonged boring grinds barely pass as content at all. STOP IT.

On 2019-04-05 at 6:11 AM, SenorClipClop said:

Demanding a refund for actual money is not the same as demanding back the crafting materials you got just from playing the game. All you would've spent is your free time which, since you're using it to play a video game, can't really have a monetary equivalent.

You sound like the moms who want to speak to my manager.

Yeah quote me out of context and toss in another wanna be-funny-joke. Read the message i responded to.

You wanted to shine but didn't even sparkle. 

I've spent quite some time farming resources out in PoE to build Amp/Zaw/Operator arcanes, sure i'm not the only one who did this, now even if DE refund people back the materials they spent time to grind there would be no more stuff to use it on now being that they are very easy to obtain, small exception to cetus wisps. I am not saying that I want my materials that I used to craft those very arcanes back because I wouldn't have a use for them now. It's just sad to see the time me and many others have put to crafting said arcanes is now Wasted. Sure it's better that they are now much easier to obtain for newer players just do a few bounties etc... It just looks like I wasted my time and theres nothing to do but move on.

Surely if we complain enough on reddit on the time it takes to reach rank 30 with nightwave the grind will be halved down? 

Oh cool, Op make me realise that my Plague Star exodia arcanes that i never build change to full builded ones.😛

And about loosing stuff...

I bought some of my arcanes and so we can say "loose" things but if i think about the time i play them and the comfort they give me it's actually fine by me.

Things change and sometimes it's a little frustrating.

I finished to format my Chroma by the time the Chroma prime was out.

I get my hands on 2 full Saryn prime sets to sell by the time DE exceptionnally release relics for spira p, nikana p,and saryn p.

The prices drop by half. 😕

It's a shame but eventually everything can be waste of time if you consider the game like  a investement.

It's a game, a fun way to waste our time so just try not to waste this time by too frustrating way.

I dont want farm Garuda and Hyldrin on Orb vallis.

I can farm relics and plats and  buy them.

A choice.

The OP choose to farm arcanes. It was a choice.

And that the game become less frustrating by now is a good thing.

Edited by SgtHotPepper

On 2019-04-04 at 8:17 PM, -NightmareMoon- said:

be grateful that you no longer need to farm for those things.

I no longer need to farm those things because I spent 3 months killing eidolons and trudging back and forth looking for #*!%ing fish and mining nodes, not because DE suddenly decided to entirely remove that S#&$ty gameplay loop from the game.  It would have been fine to have added the thumper resource pinatas without also stripping the need for literally all of said resources.  

So yeah, I'm grateful to myself for having spent the absurd amount of time necessary to acquire the stuff.  But I'll be damned if I'm grateful to DE for cheapening my existing stock by making it tremendously easier to replicate.  A ton of time went into building those arcane sets, including all the plague star grinding, just to cash it in for gems.  Their market prices were tied to how absurdly painful they were to make.

This is the Hema debacle all over again, except way more players spent way more time doing this than the Hema crap, and the consideration for change came far far later.  Not only that, but a lot of the resources that were dumped into this S#&$ would have otherwise been dumped into plat sink alternatives like forma from plague star.

For DE to refuse to change the Hema grind, and then wipe out the entire POE economy without notice or recompense is careless and duplicitous.  But, we can't attribute to malice that which can easily be attributed to ignorance, can we?

Edited by Guest

This is going to involve a big Profit issue. DE is a game company, whose income source is player money charge. Then the major group of money charge players are those in the early and middle stages. So please these Charge money players as much as possible. It is already obvious to cut off the arcanes, giving up the Profit of the old players to please the former and middle players. This does not conflict with DE's Profit.

You can take a look at the article I published in China. I stood in the perspective of the loss of the old player's Profit and wrote my opinion. I was beaten by the early players and the mid-term players by more than 600 posts. They think the old players are disgusting businessmen. .

This is the address of the article

https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv2390995

Edited by soraorumi