Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hilariously overpriced rivens

YandereWaifu

The serious problem is why do people need to sell every riven they have at these prices?

Is it fun farming kuva and rolling? No!

Do you need so much plat to play for free? No!

Don't they use god riven theirself? No!

I am starting to think that a lot of people have multiple accounts and try to sell their plat and accounts to the black market...

• Like 2

There is no ripoff or overpricing, anyone can decide any price for better or for worse, a price does not offend anyone unless you are very picky and mind other players business to begin with, as if the other player's game is your responsibility somehow.

What some of you need to realize is that you are not in control, high prices are used for a variety of things as i said in my previous post, from filtering players as potential traders (some trades will place conduct before the trade itself, meaning the trade can be rejected even if you meet the price), aswell as decrease the chances of that so called fake platinum, usually players don't have much and usually the most they get is 4200, so by placing something substantially above that limit makes said players unable to transfer that plat to you, i'm not saying you should sell redirections at 4305 platinum, but when it comes to rivens, it's a nice defensive mechanism.

Altough high value transfers usually use rivens to disquise said transactions, it's easy to say "god riven" to support to justify a reason for an unban after the entire thing triggered several alarms, so going really high may also cause problems, that's why primed chamber is so dangerous to trade atm, having the platinum from selling one is pointless unless you use it, but if you use it, you risk a 200.000 platinum trade reversal, so you might place your account into a substantially negative value that is just impossible for most to buy back.

If you're going for high price rivens (again, not value) then make sure to let the platinum sit for some time, that's my recomendation

But yeah, high price is a nice filtering mechanism, trades are usually 3 to 4 nines of text, when you waste time lecturing or being lectured on the actual value, something is wrong, unless ofcourse you like arguing with a random player on the web

My personal sugestion is to buy the cheapest you can find and reroll until you find something you like, it's not the CC, CD, DMG thing that is going to make a difference in results, in some cases yes, but unless the weapon fits your gameplay, you won't go far, in fact improving gameplay is way more effective and cheaper (free) then buying any riven.

You might spent thousands of platinum on a riven, but unless you have the gameplay to back it up, it's pointless, you cannot buy better gameplay, not even with the best rivens

As for those that lack proper ethics when trading, stay out of trade chat pls, i decide my own prices and budgets and having someone's nose right beside my decisions is annoying, take care of your own game and don't insult, lecture and make jokes at someone else's pricing.

If you want to do that, to take trading as a joke and argue with the definitive correct price, it is way better to use clan chat, at your own responsibility

9 hours ago, KIREEK said:

There is no ripoff or overpricing, anyone can decide any price for better or for worse, a price does not offend anyone unless you are very picky and mind other players business to begin with, as if the other player's game is your responsibility somehow.

Oh there definitely are ripoffs and over pricing. We had a thread about someone who seemed pretty proud of his ability to convince gullible people to pay high prices for admittedly crappy rivens by misleading them into thinking that those stats are favourable. 

Your previous post talking about using high prices for filtering, was in my opinion, full of nonsense. A high price is as likely, if not more so, to attract a chargeback fraudster in search of a fast turnover. A lower price, that's more accessible to the general population would be more likely to find purchasers who have legitimate platinum, because there are more people with those sums. 

Yes you can decide to ask for any ridiculous prices you want, but you need to remember that everyone else is free to point out that the price you are asking for is ridiculous and tell anyone that is willing to listen to just not trade with people who are trying to overprice their wares until you start to offer realistic prices. 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977
  • Like 1

this is way of fast platinum farm and cost go high to the sky. I dont agree with this, some are wayyyy overprised and they should not be. I mean for 8-10k plat they should 1 shot enemy on reload in 10m radius. ppl do abuse cost of rivens for own benefit. 

it go like this: okkkk, lets sell rubico riven for 10k so I can spend on skins, rush, busters etc and have some spare.

do you ppl think that we should get "limit of payment" for rivens? or just do some roberyy on trade?

Edited by -HoB-AngelofRevenge

On 2019-04-06 at 7:48 AM, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

your talking gibberish mate, you read my last reply of course it wont make sense you need to combine all my replies to understand what im talking abt (get the full context)

you clever wannabe

I don't bother reading posts about how one bad experience with a poorly handled/managed market in one game instantly means it will become true for every game, despite genres and gameplay style differences.

You are literally arguing out of emotion, not considering the fact that on a daily basis, people are selling mediocre rivens for what amounts to hundreds of dollars to the gullible masses who do not or cannot acquire the information to make educated decisions. You think that just because an AH would exist, the prices would drop, and that's not how that works. Other people have explained to you how Supply/Demand works, and you keep going at it.

Let me put it this way, do you think Supply and Demand exists currently? Of course it does. It has to, because there is already a free market currently within warframe.

With that said, just because there are more rivens of a certain type of riven doesn't equate to those rivens necessarily lowering in price. You will still have god-tier rivens, because the stats on rivens are randomized. The only thing an AH will do is aggregate and allow easier, and quicker access to rivens, and allow players to see global trends to make good buying decisions.

You're entire argument is "A-H BAD", screaming it like an NPC, simply because some unrelated game, with unrelated items, did it and prices for items dropped. Here's the reason why that argument doesn't work: are those same items hold randomized stats? If so, I'd urge you to notice if there are any outliers that have insanely high prices.

We'll take Path of Exile, a game all about RNG. There are items that will sell for hundreds of dollars, despite having the same name and modifiers to them as their weaker counter-parts, and despite there being a massive amount of readily available weaker counterparts.

On 2019-04-07 at 2:02 PM, stormy505 said:

the issue with an auction house is. everyone is trying to undersell everyone else and it shows the lowest price available. in other words, all items in the game slowly lose value in plat, which as a free to play player sounds horrible. yes some items in the trade chat are overpriced but the prices on warframe market are underpriced as well.

Supply and Demand. Of course they will try to "attain" a more reasonable price-bracket to make a sale, when more avenues to purchase are available. However, that doesn't mean all rivens are made equal. That line of thought only applies when the items are exactly the same, and not different in any way. You will still have insane god-tier rivens with very few rolls on them, that will still command profitable prices.

And even then, you have to keep supplying rivens into that market flow, meaning players have to keep spinning the lottery wheel on sorties in hopes that they will achieve a riven for that specific item. It isn't like players have a non-timegated option to quickly achieve rivens, that would then flood the market place and drastically reduce the prices to nothing.

13 hours ago, KIREEK said:

What some of you need to realize is that you are not in control, high prices are used for a variety of things as i said in my previous post, from filtering players as potential traders (some trades will place conduct before the trade itself, meaning the trade can be rejected even if you meet the price), aswell as decrease the chances of that so called fake platinum, usually players don't have much and usually the most they get is 4200, so by placing something substantially above that limit makes said players unable to transfer that plat to you, i'm not saying you should sell redirections at 4305 platinum, but when it comes to rivens, it's a nice defensive mechanism.

Altough high value transfers usually use rivens to disquise said transactions, it's easy to say "god riven" to support to justify a reason for an unban after the entire thing triggered several alarms, so going really high may also cause problems, that's why primed chamber is so dangerous to trade atm, having the platinum from selling one is pointless unless you use it, but if you use it, you risk a 200.000 platinum trade reversal, so you might place your account into a substantially negative value that is just impossible for most to buy back.

If you're going for high price rivens (again, not value) then make sure to let the platinum sit for some time, that's my recomendation

But yeah, high price is a nice filtering mechanism, trades are usually 3 to 4 nines of text, when you waste time lecturing or being lectured on the actual value, something is wrong, unless ofcourse you like arguing with a random player on the web

My personal sugestion is to buy the cheapest you can find and reroll until you find something you like, it's not the CC, CD, DMG thing that is going to make a difference in results, in some cases yes, but unless the weapon fits your gameplay, you won't go far, in fact improving gameplay is way more effective and cheaper (free) then buying any riven.

You might spent thousands of platinum on a riven, but unless you have the gameplay to back it up, it's pointless, you cannot buy better gameplay, not even with the best rivens

As for those that lack proper ethics when trading, stay out of trade chat pls, i decide my own prices and budgets and having someone's nose right beside my decisions is annoying, take care of your own game and don't insult, lecture and make jokes at someone else's pricing.

If you want to do that, to take trading as a joke and argue with the definitive correct price, it is way better to use clan chat, at your own responsibility

sounds like someone doesnt like the concept of haggling but does enjoy trying to justify having items at ludicrous costs in relation to thier value also with that statement about primed chamber i guess the guy who sold the vectis for 60k to some idiot of a whale (or his friend just to make it look like people actually buy that at such prices like a certain other trader i once encountered did, pretty convenient it gets sold shortly before DE says they gonna post actual trade data for rivens) as for people with "bad ethics" criticizing your pricing and trying to get it for lower, thats really just haggling also given that these are the potential customers and this isnt your game either they are free to say whatever about your prices, but maybe if you dont like that just put in fair prices ie a value that is worth the stats on the item which is why folrens exists evaluate your stats and get a price range ez peasy plat without ripping people off or getting hashed for overpricing also if people didnt put in such high prices from greed there would be no suspicion or bans for such a high movement of plat though primed chamber itself is an abberation as there is a super limited supply of that mod unlike all others this low supply = high price. 

As for spending thousands of plat on a riven, well your an idiot to buy over priced garbage, highest ive ever bought was like 1.2k when plague krips were new, highest ive ever sold was 2k godly sybaris, cc cd damage harmless- i could have gotten even more but the person was so nice and was such a fan i honestly gave him a discount so in actually he only paid 1.5k for it. furthermore, lol what gameplay? game play in warframe 95% of the time is press (insert powerful ability) or click to shoot high powered weapon and bullet jump from point a to b to do it again till everythings dead, sounding like warframes some super complex game, thing is easy mode through out why do you think they made so much bosses with invul phases or breaks in combat to stretch out fights and add some difficulty albeit in an annoying way or why nullies and sapper ospreys became a thing (and the subsequent nerfs to mag and limbo whos powers could avoid nullies for a while though i guess octavias 1 not being affected unless a nullie actually covers it is fine, totally not unfair design DE). 

1 hour ago, SyBuhr said:

Supply and Demand. Of course they will try to "attain" a more reasonable price-bracket to make a sale, when more avenues to purchase are available. However, that doesn't mean all rivens are made equal. That line of thought only applies when the items are exactly the same, and not different in any way. You will still have insane god-tier rivens with very few rolls on them, that will still command profitable prices.

And even then, you have to keep supplying rivens into that market flow, meaning players have to keep spinning the lottery wheel on sorties in hopes that they will achieve a riven for that specific item. It isn't like players have a non-timegated option to quickly achieve rivens, that would then flood the market place and drastically reduce the prices to nothing.

not yet they were thinking of adding rivens to arbs in a dev stream at some point idk if they still wanna do it but what happens when you have people with identical rivens but one is selling thiers much much higher than the other but less people are aware of the cheaper one, the others gonna buy that cheap one and sell it super high or the cheap one gets sold to someone and make the buyer very happy. like look at that exergis, ive seen better stated and godtier ones in trade chat and elsewhere much cheaper so the question is why sell this good or great tier one much higher than the value its worth.

1 hour ago, SyBuhr said:

I don't bother reading posts about how one bad experience with a poorly handled/managed market in one game instantly means it will become true for every game, despite genres and gameplay style differences.

You are literally arguing out of emotion, not considering the fact that on a daily basis, people are selling mediocre rivens for what amounts to hundreds of dollars to the gullible masses who do not or cannot acquire the information to make educated decisions. You think that just because an AH would exist, the prices would drop, and that's not how that works. Other people have explained to you how Supply/Demand works, and you keep going at it.

Let me put it this way, do you think Supply and Demand exists currently? Of course it does. It has to, because there is already a free market currently within warframe.

With that said, just because there are more rivens of a certain type of riven doesn't equate to those rivens necessarily lowering in price. You will still have god-tier rivens, because the stats on rivens are randomized. The only thing an AH will do is aggregate and allow easier, and quicker access to rivens, and allow players to see global trends to make good buying decisions.

You're entire argument is "A-H BAD", screaming it like an NPC, simply because some unrelated game, with unrelated items, did it and prices for items dropped. Here's the reason why that argument doesn't work: are those same items hold randomized stats? If so, I'd urge you to notice if there are any outliers that have insanely high prices.

We'll take Path of Exile, a game all about RNG. There are items that will sell for hundreds of dollars, despite having the same name and modifiers to them as their weaker counter-parts, and despite there being a massive amount of readily available weaker counterparts.

well said ^v^

• Like 1

4 hours ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

this is way of fast platinum farm and cost go high to the sky. I dont agree with this, some are wayyyy overprised and they should not be. I mean for 8-10k plat they should 1 shot enemy on reload in 10m radius. ppl do abuse cost of rivens for own benefit. 

it go like this: okkkk, lets sell rubico riven for 10k so I can spend on skins, rush, busters etc and have some spare.

do you ppl think that we should get "limit of payment" for rivens? or just do some roberyy on trade?

legit one of the realest comment i seen in here 

• Like 2

On 2019-04-06 at 8:24 AM, KIREEK said:

There are a few reasons, 1st of all the seller can ask any price and you need to accept that fact and either accept to buy or or decline, what you're doing with "overpricing" is tied with poor trading conduct, you do not respect the sellers pricing, so out of you 2, he is doing something correctly, by specifying a price, you on the other hand, you're the kind that should be avoided, but again, other players might have lower standarts and trade with you.

• A common thing to do in the black market is to get 4200 platinum from another region, have someone do that for you or use other accounts to get a maximum delivery that can be purchased, so a price over 4200 essentially mitigates these problematic buyers , since they might not have the amount required even if they have 4200 ish platinum
  • The price is high to reveal players with poor trading conduct, it worked since this topic exist, you failed to remain respectfull and that is a good way to filter trade chat.
  • The ability to win a good amount of platinum, if the trade happens, a decent amount of platinum is earned

sure ill just put a stupidly high price to filter my trades and this split my pool of possibly customers making it harder and more time consuming to actually get a sale.

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh there definitely are ripoffs and over pricing. We had a thread about someone who seemed pretty proud of his ability to convince gullible people to pay high prices for admittedly crappy rivens by misleading them into thinking that those stats are favourable. 

Your previous post talking about using high prices for filtering, was in my opinion, full of nonsense. A high price is as likely, if not more so, to attract a chargeback fraudster in search of a fast turnover. A lower price, that's more accessible to the general population would be more likely to find purchasers who have legitimate platinum, because there are more people with those sums. 

Yes you can decide to ask for any ridiculous prices you want, but you need to remember that everyone else is free to point out that the price you are asking for is ridiculous and tell anyone that is willing to listen to just not trade with people who are trying to overprice their wares until you start to offer realistic prices. 

see this guy gets it ^

very good statement guz. 

Edited by YandereWaifu

23 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I do agree with this. well it could be put something like this: ppl tend to get riven than hope to pull off some rng troll to get some "dildo stat" who would troll enemy and dildo them, as well troll trade chat for buyer to dildo their pocket for platinum. and in return you rush enemy with troll riven, but not only that, you trolled yourself to let your pocket robbed and be happy about it.

yep, god riven... god of trolls and empty pocket

23 hours ago, YandereWaifu said:

not yet they were thinking of adding rivens to arbs in a dev stream at some point idk if they still wanna do it but what happens when you have people with identical rivens but one is selling thiers much much higher than the other but less people are aware of the cheaper one, the others gonna buy that cheap one and sell it super high or the cheap one gets sold to someone and make the buyer very happy. like look at that exergis, ive seen better stated and godtier ones in trade chat and elsewhere much cheaper so the question is why sell this good or great tier one much higher than the value its worth.

Right, but how many exergis rivens are in the flow of the market right now? And then how many of those have the same Modifiers? And then how many of those have Similar stats on those modifiers? At that point, it isn't the buyer's fault, but rather the free-market competition between two sellers. But you see, those sellers will never know if that is the case, as there is no information, for sellers or buyers, to see market trends at a readily reasonable rate. It's really unfortunate, because you do get situations like that.

As for pricing, or going back and selling it higher, that's just Business 101 at that point. As for selling something higher, that's called scalping. If you know the price isn't justifiable by the stats, or by the supply of said riven, then you probably shouldn't be selling it at an insane amount (i.e.: saw one for around 2.5k earlier in this week).

I don't know anything about Arbitrations. This is the first I've heard of Rivens being added to that. Now, that would ruin the Riven market, as you would have an secondary means to achieve a riven, which would then in-turn become a greater influx of available rivens, which then lowers the price-average.

On 2019-04-08 at 5:07 PM, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

https://riven.market/

Its a free market. people can be stupid on both ends. but that tool helps.

Couldn't stress how important this tool is enough in the current state of the market, as there is literally nothing else readily available. Just be mindful that sometimes scams (such as deceit about what the max stats will look like) sometimes occurs, though I've had it only happen once during my trades. It can also be difficult to conduct trades on there, as there can be a time-zone barrier (i.e.: different continents).

If they upped the amount of Kuva we can get from missions, or lowered the cost to reroll them, it would alleviate some of this... crap.

Scarcity is the only driving factor. If I could get a riven and reroll it a bunch of times without having to spend days to do it, I would be less inclined to pay these bs prices.

2 hours ago, SyBuhr said:

Right, but how many exergis rivens are in the flow of the market right now? And then how many of those have the same Modifiers? And then how many of those have Similar stats on those modifiers? At that point, it isn't the buyer's fault, but rather the free-market competition between two sellers. But you see, those sellers will never know if that is the case, as there is no information, for sellers or buyers, to see market trends at a readily reasonable rate. It's really unfortunate, because you do get situations like that.

well see we do have sites like riven.market (which i wasnt aware was back up and running till today), rivenmarket.com which is similar, Folrens which has a bot that shows the info in my pic at the start, unknown(to me) apps with paid versions (mentioned in riven mafia drama vids) that showed low priced rivens for people to snipe and jack up the price for resale (which only mostly riven sellers knew about and used) and now DEs own data so things can start changing, however before on most of these were in favour of the sellers be it by choice or design. regardless as of now we do know that in any case lets say with exergis rivens, DEs data showed that no one buys those for 8k with 1.25k being the highest recorded sale and as we know better stats= better price, would be safe to say then that top tier exergis rivens were going for 1.25k plat combine that with the folren analysis which graded it C+ and said its range is 6-8 hundred plat its easy to see its not ideal or top tier.

On 2019-04-07 at 11:54 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

https://www.smartickmethod.com/blog/math/learning-resources/decimal-separators/

Sound like a very common cultural difference that you would be likely to encounter if you ever travel to different countries. And for people who are in those countries, not using a comma as the radix point would be the questionable practice. For others, it'd take a moment to accustom ourselves to the syntax being used and nothing more. 

Again, if you think that people will commonly end up paying a thousand times the asking price for an item, that's not going to be a thing. If you think that a given individual will do so, it's possible, but they probably should be under intense supervision at all times anyway. 

the entire point of my comment (which you seemed to have skipped over so as to imply that im in favor of ludicrous prices and culturally uneducated)  is that there is no need to display data after the point where a comma or decimal point would be needed. 

Platinum is the lowest possible dividend. There are no fractions of platinum. The bot should round to the nearest whole number, because everything after the decimal is meaningless fluff data that has no informational value. It will change nothing on the operational scale of trading.

Edited by --Laughing-Soul--
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

the entire point of my comment (which you seemed to have skipped over so as to imply that im in favor of ludicrous prices and culturally uneducated)  is that there is no need to display data after the point where a comma or decimal point would be needed. 

Platinum is the lowest possible dividend. There are no fractions of platinum. The bot should round to the nearest whole number, because everything after the decimal is meaningless fluff data that has no informational value. It will change nothing on the operational scale of trading.

Nope. Not even close. 

Just because there's no need doesn't mean that you can't, or even shouldn't show the spaces after a radix point. You can't have less than a cent, but it's common for banks to display conversion rates to a large number of significant figures in the interest of clarity. Giving information to a higher degree of precision, does not ever decrease the accuracy of the data. The only way that the number displayed could possibly lead you astray is if you are unfamiliar with the syntax used in a large number of countries around the world. 

Again, it is beyond the realm of any reasonable possibility, that even if someone were ignorant of such syntax, merely displaying the values of the decimal will dupe/ripoff people into paying more for a riven, especially as the number displayed would represent a figure 1000x the average asking price for the riven. That's the issue I originally responded to. 

Put simply there is no issue with what they've done. 

Why are the players that often lecture other players on the correct price (aka poor trading conduct related) still posting in this topic? Players that anounce prices (a good standart in trading) haven't listened to you so far, i'm pretty sure among the many arguments you had in trade did nothing, so i wonder why you guys expect traders to even read what you're trying to say.

It's like you guys like wasting time arguing, to me the picture displayed at the start shows great conduct, he anounces a riven in detail and a price to go along with it, there is no flaming, insults, he doesn't impose the price onto buyers (aka it's the buyers that need to decide if it ok or not), i honestly do not see anything wrong.

I personally don't want the riven, but i'm not here to try and contact the seller and calling him a scammer, a ripoff and so on, since that is uncalled for, i do not want to go to that low tier trading conduct that many here seem to have.