The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should endless modes swap to a ABC rotation instead of the current AABC?

1 minute ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

I’d prefer it if the chances for rarer items grew the longer you remain in the mission.  People who stay in a survival for an hour deserve some kind of reward for the accomplishment.  Twenty minutes is hardly an accomplishment.  

The reward for staying is all the extra shots at extra rewards.

5 minutes ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

I’d prefer it if the chances for rarer items grew the longer you remain in the mission.  People who stay in a survival for an hour deserve some kind of reward for the accomplishment.  Twenty minutes is hardly an accomplishment.  

Nah man I love getting a 5k credit reward at the 5 hour mark of a mission, feels really rewarding.

8 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

The reward for staying is all the extra shots at extra rewards.

But if you're arguing purely on reward items, then that's bollocks.  The reward for staying longer than 20mins/20waves/4rounds is simply xp.  Otherwise you're putting in more theoretical effort for the exact same items, and that doesn't sound like a reward to me

Edited by Starfreak911

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Is there a point to having 2 A rotations in endless gamemodes now? Wouldn't it be a QOL to remove the the extra A rotation and allow people to reach the C rotation earlier?

As others have pointed out, that's a reward revamp not QoL. I thought awhile back about asking for such a revamp to encourage and incentivize endurance runs for endgame players by increasing the rewards. 

I was thinking AABC like normal, then ABC for the next 3 drops, then finally rolling randomly for the more desired rewards regardless of table. The current rewards are underwhelming to say the least. Other than loading screens it's easiest to reset and start again to get C rots than to stay.

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

Nah man I love getting a 5k credit reward at the 5 hour mark of a mission, feels really rewarding.

They should remove also the credit rewards from everything. They are "to bad try again" kind of reward. It feels worse than getting nothing...

They should be ABCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Considering how often rewards are repeated in each of the A B C list, it wouldn't change much besides in cases like pointed out that one desires the A rotation drop. What it is used for is to force 4 rotations per chance of desired drop. DE systematically places "the rewards" on rotation C in almost every case. What is particularly funny is it would be an easy numbers switch to maintain the same drop-rate even if you remove the extra A rotation. You would simply slightly reduce the chance of getting the desired drop by 8% of it's current value. Kind of hilariously it points out that since the drop-rate is often so preposterously low that this would make virtually no difference at all, positively or negatively for players, even if you kept the tables exactly the same. Now do I feel like it's a little weird that we are given such incredible incentive to leave at after round 4, if the mode is to be considered to some degree "endless". Now I don't think we need to return to 2 hour void runs but now that one can extract at any rotation in any endless mission, a large hurdle was removed from the consideration. I personally think ABCABC is more tidy, and I think players in general would prefer the setup in arbitrations whereby it's ABCCC. 

Kind of separate topic kind of thing but rewards in general from missions like this are all over the place. When one actually has to visit and study the wiki for any sort of knowwhatsup, it is fourth wall breaking. I honestly have a second device running like 5 wiki tabs at all times while playing, and I should know just about everything in this game. Knowing which endless to go to, to get which relic, to get which part, for which primed item. I mean Inception is truly proud dreamers.