Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

this is so lame man 15 wolf credit....

.Fire_Fly.

gotta say im super disappointed by only 15 wolf cred per tier aswell. its not even enough for the skins this week, its less than 1 catalyst/reactor , and barely enough for 2 of the helmets.. it feel like we are being punished for actually playing the game enough to complete all the nightwave levels

5 minutes ago, GamerSquish said:

gotta say im super disappointed by only 15 wolf cred per tier aswell. its not even enough for the skins this week, its less than 1 catalyst/reactor , and barely enough for 2 of the helmets.. it feel like we are being punished for actually playing the game enough to complete all the nightwave levels

Thats how i feel too i want to play but i want tp get a reward i can use

At only 15 wolf cred for level 31 and further (at least that what it looks like it will be) I really don't have a need to continue with the Wolf of Saturn Six except to help my clan mates finish there missions. I hope that the next series will be set up better.

On 2019-04-08 at 1:02 PM, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

but you sill post here? 

lets see: Paid game - pay once and no more money from that player.  Free game - some people pay and pay and pay buying every prime this and that, some people buy a little plat here and there again and again.. constant revenue (and many people spend much more than a one time AAA game costs).

in BOTH cases people quit the game and no one misses them when they're gone.  

They're not losing money.

not really i just waste their bandwidth while at work

Plus i play on console so when i do play i get all my tennogen for plat, i literally dont have to spend any money.

On 2019-04-08 at 6:55 PM, Dabnician said:

The most defiantly are losing money because i just up and quit playing when night what ever dropped. Same with my clan on PC and Xbox, To bad they want to pander to the fortnite kids, honestly i wish warframe as a Paid to play game,maybe it would be better and less "screw the player over unless they drop plat"

I log in to get my daily reward and thats about it.

What Fortnite kids? You are aware those people arent playing WF or games similar to it, they live, breath and eat BR, that is it. The actual Fortnite kids dont even touch Fortnite, they just play the S#&$ty BR mode.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

What Fortnite kids? You are aware those people arent playing WF or games similar to it, they live, breath and eat BR, that is it. The actual Fortnite kids dont even touch Fortnite, they just play the S#&$ty BR mode. 

because you have to actually pay to play save the world mode, stupid epic kept it paid only for the last 2 years.

Also my kids that play fortnite Br play warframe more then i do

Edited by Dabnician

On 2019-04-08 at 11:55 AM, Dabnician said:

The most defiantly are losing money because i just up and quit playing when night what ever dropped. Same with my clan on PC and Xbox, To bad they want to pander to the fortnite kids, honestly i wish warframe as a Paid to play game,maybe it would be better and less "screw the player over unless they drop plat"

I log in to get my daily reward and thats about it.

Just curious but why did you quit?

The longer nw has went on the more fed up I have become with it.  It's taken too long to get a reward they could have locked behind something exciting to do instead of what's turned into a chore.  I've hit rank 30, got all the rewards - most of which are useless - and have no desire to keep being told how to spend my play time for a paltry 15 credit per rank.  

And as for the wolf, where the hell is he?  I've seen him a grand total of 7 times and have noticed no increase in spawn rate what so ever.  If anything I've noticed the convicts seem to spawn less!  His drop table is completely broken, who needs the elemental mods?  Even for new players that is a totally useless drop as they will be unable to kill him and the mods drop like confetti in other places.  For vets who want to fight him they feel constantly frustrated at not meeting him.  The system is a mess.

• Like 1

Le 08/04/2019 à 14:42, Ver1dian a dit :

Woah.....hold on there.

Don't acknowledge that everything can't be custom tailored to meet demands, this type of information can't be processed by the majority and violence will ensue.

While you're at it, also ignore the fact that most of the people who make enough rep to prestige the Nightwave are the people who don't give two S#&$s about the creds rewards. 

And at the same time the people that do need cred rewards get far too little for their effprt, considering many of the challenges are a bit taxing for newer players. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

While you're at it, also ignore the fact that most of the people who make enough rep to prestige the Nightwave are the people who don't give two S#&$s about the creds rewards. 

And at the same time the people that do need cred rewards get far too little for their effprt, considering many of the challenges are a bit taxing for newer players. 

If you want everything to be instantly available to you, I've heard Fortnite can accomodate that.

il y a 54 minutes, Ver1dian a dit :

If you want everything to be instantly available to you, I've heard Fortnite can accomodate that.

If you want to assume stuff go right ahead mate, I've heard they got places to take you in. But then again, snarky comments that totally miss the point seem to be the standard nowadays around here, so why abstain? You can go right on, I'm sure that's gonna be valuable feedback. 

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I was surprised that the emblem doesn't add detail to it the higher your tier gets. This would at least be something exclusive for those players that really spent the time to reach the maximum tiers for this NW.

Then again, given how DE abandoned the Stratos emblem I guess it makes sense that they didn't.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

Perhaps a better complaint is that alerts were here all week, not finished in 2 days.    disgusting that they have chosen to go over to static content instead of operations and events like they did  a few years ago.

• Like 1

On 2019-04-08 at 8:22 AM, Chewarette said:

Did you expect them to give you 200 credits per rank ? You know that's still nearly one free Catalyst per week, which is already nice ?

That's not actually to far off from the previous Avg. Least if you had Discord bots tagged for them.

I imagine the bots are partially why they've lowered the Avg gains. They tried at least with the soft cap. I give them credit for that but the rate is a bit off. Either the potatoes cost too much or the gains should be more like 25 per 31+ rank. There's also the matter of Nitain which is certainly under the Avg. Needs tweaking.

8 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

If you want to assume stuff go right ahead mate, I've heard they got places to take you in. But then again, snarky comments that totally miss the point seem to be the standard nowadays around here, so why abstain? You can go right on, I'm sure that's gonna be valuable feedback

What point am I missing?

14 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

And at the same time the people that do need cred rewards get far too little for their effprt, considering many of the challenges are a bit taxing for newer players

You are not stating facts, you're stating assumptions.
Last I saw an example, a vet was doing NW with his newbie clanmates and he was surprised that most of them were ~R25 (that was last week).
Rarely challenges require you to be past TWW and this week any player before that point can do all but the 3 sorties.

Just a thought here, but maybe if Nightwave is both supposed to be newbie friendly and provide vets with some reason to play, it can't be leaning too much in any direction.

Last, the cred rewards are vastly exaggerated as most "examples" of how some design is bad.
A new player wouldn't place too much value on the cosmetics with debatable quality. Whether they were or were not free is irrelevant.
Also now instead of cosmetics you get slots and forma, better for new players.
Unlike the popular opinion, this game does not run on Nitain and most early-mid players wouldn't need it.
Of all the items and auras, of which very few have any actual use, not one can be considered crucial for player progression, beyond MR fodder.
What players would actually need is slots, forma, you get the idea.

Point being, all of the alert rewards apart from 3 auras and Nitain were just flavor. Nobody ever needed them, but the word sure is thrown around a lot.
That "need", in fact is just to justify their complaint, which in reality is "But they're not free now"
Ultimately this new system substitutes RNG for grind, as it is natural to expect from a F2P game.

The only issue I find is all those useless cosmetics that are given almost every rank.

il y a 38 minutes, Ver1dian a dit :

What point am I missing?

You are not stating facts, you're stating assumptions.
Last I saw an example, a vet was doing NW with his newbie clanmates and he was surprised that most of them were ~R25 (that was last week).
Rarely challenges require you to be past TWW and this week any player before that point can do all but the 3 sorties.

Just a thought here, but maybe if Nightwave is both supposed to be newbie friendly and provide vets with some reason to play, it can't be leaning too much in any direction.

Last, the cred rewards are vastly exaggerated as most "examples" of how some design is bad.
A new player wouldn't place too much value on the cosmetics with debatable quality. Whether they were or were not free is irrelevant.
Also now instead of cosmetics you get slots and forma, better for new players.
Unlike the popular opinion, this game does not run on Nitain and most early-mid players wouldn't need it.
Of all the items and auras, of which very few have any actual use, not one can be considered crucial for player progression, beyond MR fodder.
What players would actually need is slots, forma, you get the idea.

Point being, all of the alert rewards apart from 3 auras and Nitain were just flavor. Nobody ever needed them, but the word sure is thrown around a lot.
That "need", in fact is just to justify their complaint, which in reality is "But they're not free now"
Ultimately this new system substitutes RNG for grind, as it is natural to expect from a F2P game.

The only issue I find is all those useless cosmetics that are given almost every rank.

I'm glad i finally got you out of "snarky and sarcastic embellished oneliners" mode. 

You do have good points. If anything I agree that most of the needs i see thrown around are borderline ridiculous. That said, consider also that over a 10 ish week span you can get 2 potatoes and an aura if you don't buy anything else, which is just bad. 

That is just from the cred shop mind. Considering the rank up rewards you get up to 4 potatoes and a bunch of slots and a forma pack. The slots are a VERY good thing because finally this game can be actually free to play, otherwise new players get locked out of gear very early due to slot limitations. 

That said consider also this, old alesrts had at least 2 alerts with potatoes per week, considering timezones and business you're looking at 6-10 potatoes per 10 week span. The wolf cred economy imo needs to be revised heavily. To the point where i would personally swap around the prestige. I mean, you can have a smaller rank up scale that gives the stuff that's for newer guys, and when you're done with that you unlock the prestige ranks which give the kuva and cosmetics. That would make more sense, and also allpw DE to tailor the challenges for different groups. You could have the standard chalenges we have now for the first rank ups, and then use a bit more creativity and less laundry list chores for the prestige. 

The biggest problem with Nightwave is that it tries to find a mid point between two consumer groups that don't have one. You can shower me in slots and potatoes and I'll just meh my way out of it, cause they are no more precious than the 2000th morphic i drop. 

DE in general seems afraid to admit their playerbase has different needs and different power levels. 

39 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

I'm glad i finally got you out of "snarky and sarcastic embellished oneliners" mode. 

You do have good points. If anything I agree that most of the needs i see thrown around are borderline ridiculous. That said, consider also that over a 10 ish week span you can get 2 potatoes and an aura if you don't buy anything else, which is just bad. 

That is just from the cred shop mind. Considering the rank up rewards you get up to 4 potatoes and a bunch of slots and a forma pack. The slots are a VERY good thing because finally this game can be actually free to play, otherwise new players get locked out of gear very early due to slot limitations. 

That said consider also this, old alesrts had at least 2 alerts with potatoes per week, considering timezones and business you're looking at 6-10 potatoes per 10 week span. The wolf cred economy imo needs to be revised heavily. To the point where i would personally swap around the prestige. I mean, you can have a smaller rank up scale that gives the stuff that's for newer guys, and when you're done with that you unlock the prestige ranks which give the kuva and cosmetics. That would make more sense, and also allpw DE to tailor the challenges for different groups. You could have the standard chalenges we have now for the first rank ups, and then use a bit more creativity and less laundry list chores for the prestige. 

The biggest problem with Nightwave is that it tries to find a mid point between two consumer groups that don't have one. You can shower me in slots and potatoes and I'll just meh my way out of it, cause they are no more precious than the 2000th morphic i drop. 

DE in general seems afraid to admit their playerbase has different needs and different power levels. 

Apologies, it's my natural mechanism to cope with a lot of the comments on the forums.

I think the potato situation is a very complicated issue. You could theoretically end up with 20 in 10 weeks or with 0.

I do agree that changes are needed, but pinpointing balance is the hard part. Most people simply demand stuff, that's not reasonable. If any changes are made, they should be done in such a way, not to reduce the value of potatoes to that of Rubedo for example.
I'm worried your solution would cause the same backlash from people complaining that vets get the better treatment. While it does make more sense, you must know what the increase in grind for those rewards will lead to.
One simple solution might be, every rank that grants cosmetics to be a choice between that or 50 creds, that would mean 900 before prestige, but for this to happen, potatoes will probably have to see an increase to 125-150.

Well, it does try to cater to everyone, but unless they make the challenges... say kill 100*MR Eximus, kill 5*MR level enemy and rewards Forma*0.5*MR or something like that, there's really no way to make content that's appealing to all of the people all of the time and then there would be more reason for people to be unhappy that higher MRs are "treated better". 

I'm leaning towards more of them having a hard time to create content valuable and available to all in a progression game. Which at least I, haven't had the pleasure of encountering in all my years.

So I myself wouldn't mind a civil discussion in the feedback section about what can be improved, but that's not usually the case. Most beginn with "why do I have to..." it's not civil and it's not feedback 😕 
But hey, all I saw doing nightwave was a grind towards my Umbral Saryn, so maybe that's why I'm taking it better than most.

The problem imo is that DE has a great set of tools now to work with to give life to the more geared community and something to do in the long term, but they have squandered them on a regular basis. 

Arbitrations would be a great addition if only they did three somple things:

- across the board level buff and increased scaling speed

- rework of most of the modifiers to the missions, interception one is great and makes for a very fun experience, the others not so much

- disabling of all gear except for archgun launcher

ESO could take lessons from the uber lab from path of exile and do a weekly procedurally generated challenge pulling from nightmare and sortie modifiers each time, and intermingling the regular stages with a boss fight. Also, the efficiency mechanic imo is a bad additon, it shouldn't scale quite as fast tbh. So if could also fit a bit less into the aoe extreme killspam it is now. Also, archgun launchers imo should be allowed here as well. 

Nightwave could be use to create seasonal challenges thqt are actually interesting, instead by dumping the need of everyone into the same progression system you get a laundry list of chores. I find stuff like do x invasions / nightmare missions unbearable because that content offers nothing gameplay wise (it's so obnoxiously easy) and also reward wise to me i find myself hating every week of chores more and more, let alone for the fish/mine challenges right after we got bosses that drop that stuff in droves and at least are a combat encounter. 

EDIT ping missing @Ver1dian

Edited by Autongnosis

On 2019-04-09 at 12:54 AM, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

I have 45 arcane energize. why do I need another. they should remove that from nightwave.

I have 1mm kuva - they should remove kuva from nightwave - its a pointless reward for me.

I have 50 built formas and hundreds of BP's.  they should remove formas from nightwave.

There is always someone who doesn't need some mission rewards.   DE could also just make it so once you reach rank 30 in nightwave you're done for the season.

I don't like nightwave in general FOR ME, but its certainly not the worst thing DE's done and its probably good for many players.

If you don't like the rewards, don't do the missions. There, that wasn't so hard, was it?

"I think..."

"If you don't like XXXXX just don't play the damn game is it so hard for you"

DtiaeS6UwAApyOp.jpg

I don't have any idea how to spend the wolf cred I got from the first 30 tiers and they are going to give me more instead of something else

Edited by Marvelous_A

6 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

The problem imo is that DE has a great set of tools now to work with to give life to the more geared community and something to do in the long term, but they have squandered them on a regular basis

Arbitrations would be a great addition if only they did three somple things:

- across the board level buff and increased scaling speed 

- rework of most of the modifiers to the missions, interception one is great and makes for a very fun experience, the others not so much 

- disabling of all gear except for archgun launcher 

ESO could take lessons from the uber lab from path of exile and do a weekly procedurally generated challenge pulling from nightmare and sortie modifiers each time, and intermingling the regular stages with a boss fight. Also, the efficiency mechanic imo is a bad additon, it shouldn't scale quite as fast tbh. So if could also fit a bit less into the aoe extreme killspam it is now. Also, archgun launchers imo should be allowed here as well

Nightwave could be use to create seasonal challenges thqt are actually interesting, instead by dumping the need of everyone into the same progression system you get a laundry list of chores. I find stuff like do x invasions / nightmare missions unbearable because that content offers nothing gameplay wise (it's so obnoxiously easy) and also reward wise to me i find myself hating every week of chores more and more, let alone for the fish/mine challenges right after we got bosses that drop that stuff in droves and at least are a combat encounter.  

EDIT ping missing @Ver1dian

Because every time they release something one of the priorities is catering to casual players, so everything gets watered down after it's original concept.

I agree they really went in the opposite lane with Arbitrations. LV100+ comes after the 40m mark and doubling the required time/waves doesn't make it better. 😕 
I feel it was a counter meta to ESO, but that's not a good reason to make most frames irrelevant. I run Arbs rarely and if I do, its Valkyr, Nidus, Garuda or Inaros and little else, since even if we ignore the 1 death modifier, those drones would throw out any thought of using Volt, Nova or anything similar out the window. Hell, even Nidus after ~40 min, when drones spawn more than other mobs becomes a cumbersome experience.

ESO is fine, just fine, meaning it can be great and I like those ideas as a start.

Ultimately I believe Nighwave to be Mission Impossible 7.
It's either a glorified battle pass, which people dislike (FOMO, homework) or content through which the vets burn in a sitting and continue claiming lack of content.
The missions or challenges are too easy for some, too hard for others and they can't really get too player specific without angering one or the other for getting or doing more.
Then there's also the romanticized version of it's predecessor, which it's compared to that doesn't help it's case.
They should just stuff every rank with 100 Creds, limit items like forma, potatoes and umbral mods to N every N weeks/months, put challenges on shuffle, muffle Nora, add some half-assed upgradeable sigil every N levels and forever forget that it exists.
Then it will be pretty much like alerts, but less forgotten because of the occasional better rewards.

P.S. I managed to at least be neutral about every other Nightwave mission out there, because if it wasn't very interesting at least it was quick to complete, but that "complete 10 nightmare missions"...ugh.