The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unlikely Theories!

Floofy-Booper

Lately I've been thinking about some unsolved mysteries in Warframe, and as such have made connections where there probably aren't any! Regardless, I thought I should share my ideas!

1) Nora is somehow connected to Lotus?
With the introduction of Nightwave, so too have we been introduced to Nora - our mysterious radio talk-show hostess. The theory I've pulled out of a single connection is that Nora and Natah (aka Lotus) are somehow connected. The connection being that we have never seen their facial details above their mouth/nose. (Like I said, these theory's are probably terrible and based off of very little)

2) The Man in the Wall is the Tenno's Father?
I feel like this idea has slightly more possibility than the previous one... very slightly. Both The Man and the Tenno's father have been known to refer to you as "kiddo" (with the Tenno quoting something they remember their father telling them: "There's something out there kiddo, watching us.").

What are some of your harebrained theories? What do you think of mine? Will the next Warframe be a fish with legs?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AegiBlade said:

I feel like this idea has slightly more possibility than the previous one... very slightly. Both The Man and the Tenno's father have been known to refer to you as "kiddo" (with the Tenno quoting something they remember their father telling them: "There's something out there kiddo, watching us.").

as far as im aware, the thing that was out there watching us, was the man in the wall.

Bit of an old one, but back in the days when the bosses where just suped-up regular mobs, i theorized that the lotus was a baddie.
The Grineer aggression toward non-Grineer is caused by their genetic degradation.
When you started the Tyl Regor assassination mission the lotus would point out that Tyl Regor is seeking to undo the genetic degradation, and that we need to stop that.

Didn't Steve say that they made the lore up as they went along in a stream? 

My favorite part of the lore was how Warframe was connected to dark sector. Then they retcon'ed that. It was quite disappointing. All that's left is a few skins now.

I wish we could have a longer story mission concerning the orokin empire at its height. With the new war coming, I hope there is a lot to explore. I hope they make very Geiger enriched designs. 

32 minutes ago, AegiBlade said:

As of now I would think of Nora as yet another resistance-type character (along with Vox Solaris and Ostron). I have the feeling that DE might just retcon that into something else, but I doubt that she has a direct link to Lotus.

35 minutes ago, AegiBlade said:

It's been theorized that The Man in The Wall is an avatar of the Void. It's not very clear whether or not it is friendly with us, since it attacked us in Chains of Harrow. We also encountered memories of our parents in TWW iirc. So I very much doubt your theory.

5 hours ago, AegiBlade said:

Lately I've been thinking about some unsolved mysteries in Warframe, and as such have made connections where there probably aren't any! Regardless, I thought I should share my ideas!

With the introduction of Nightwave, so too have we been introduced to Nora - our mysterious radio talk-show hostess. The theory I've pulled out of a single connection is that Nora and Natah (aka Lotus) are somehow connected. The connection being that we have never seen their facial details above their mouth/nose. (Like I said, these theory's are probably terrible and based off of very little)

What are some of your harebrained theories? What do you think of mine? Will the next Warframe be a fish with legs?

1) Unlikely, from the 1% of lore we have from Nora, she used to date a Rail-agent (same job that LittleDuck has), so, in theory, she would have to have dated said person before her radio-show, which would link her to the Corpus faction, which fuels my theory that she is just a Corpus defector who is using their own tech against them.

2) Extra no, the Void Demon has been hinted at multiple times that it is a manifestation of the Void inside our mind, the more time goes by the more it grows like a parasite until it takes over us like it did whit Rell, the Void Demon is simply that, the Void, that "something" which was out there, watching us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

The Grineer aggression toward non-Grineer is caused by their genetic degradation.
When you started the Tyl Regor assassination mission the lotus would point out that Tyl Regor is seeking to undo the genetic degradation, and that we need to stop that.

This hasn't been 100% confirmed, only our Operator says that and we have seen thats a lie, since the Kavor and Steel Meridian Grineer still degrade despite not being hostile, what makes them aggression is probably genetic, since Grineer used to use Orokin templates to make the cloning, which might have passed the Orokin mindset that only their species is the right and everyone else is the wrong.

Plus, we cant call Grineer blindly aggressive either, many times have we sided whit Sargas Ruk and the Grineer helped us along side the Corpus to combat the infestation during an old event, so it kinda shows that in the presence of a common enemy, the 3 factions can easily come together, which kinda seems like what will happen in "The New War".

5 hours ago, Casey33 said:

I got very unlikely one DE listens to the community and stops adding stuff no one wanted 

The day DE listens to the community and implements their demands is the day the game implodes. 

Everyone will complain about something. Look how Scott ended up. 

He used to listen. Then Rhino happened. 

Now he's jaded. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Casey33 said:

I got very unlikely one DE listens to the community and stops adding stuff no one wanted 

LOL from edgy teens to heads on stomachs, I wonder where DE pulls these ideas from. But I am certainly not fond of em, it just grew on me

6 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

The day DE listens to the community and implements their demands is the day the game implodes. 

Everyone will complain about something. Look how Scott ended up. 

He used to listen. Then Rhino happened. 

Now he's jaded. 

Remind me, what happened?

Theory: The Wolf is actually pretty cowardly.  I see constant complaints about people leveling weapons, getting invaded by the Wolf, and ending up either aborting or taking 30 minutes to kill him because of bad gear.  Then there's me, just doing what I usually do with a full loadout, and he never bothers me.  What's the matter?  Should I start calling you the Chicken of Saturn Six?  Buk-buk-bukawk!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AegiBlade said:

The connection being that we have never seen their facial details above their mouth/nose. (Like I said, these theory's are probably terrible and based off of very little)

In the case of the Lotus, we did. And Nora's black, Lotus isn't.

15 hours ago, AegiBlade said:

That's a stretch, it's like saying my mother and Rebecca are the same person because they both call me a loser. The man in the wall calls the Tenno kiddo because their father called them that. There's something out there, watching us = the man in the wall, who was most likely listening to this and every other conversation on the Zariman.

My theory is we might have a playable Stalker frame.

He helps us fight in the new war defeating spacemom and Alad v gets hold of him and we need to go rescue him. In the process he gets cloned/warframe's.

After that we go fight salad v for the nth time he gives us the blueprint for stalkerframe.

On 2019-04-15 at 7:51 PM, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

This hasn't been 100% confirmed, only our Operator says that and we have seen thats a lie, since the Kavor and Steel Meridian Grineer still degrade despite not being hostile, what makes them aggression is probably genetic, since Grineer used to use Orokin templates to make the cloning, which might have passed the Orokin mindset that only their species is the right and everyone else is the wrong.

Plus, we cant call Grineer blindly aggressive either, many times have we sided whit Sargas Ruk and the Grineer helped us along side the Corpus to combat the infestation during an old event, so it kinda shows that in the presence of a common enemy, the 3 factions can easily come together, which kinda seems like what will happen in "The New War".

nah im talking about before operators, syndicates and such.

Back when Sargus Ruk was just looked like a bombard with a gorgon, and had shields that regenerated VERY fast.
Back when Tyl Regor was just an upside-down-faced guy with a skana.

On 2019-04-14 at 8:43 PM, AegiBlade said:

From Day 1, I have always considered "The Man in the Wall" to be the Void itself.  I would like to think the Void , all of the Void, has sentience.  It's some nebulous, formless consciousness that exists in the darkest parts of space, like a giant intelligent-cloud.  Perhaps some form of AI or Singularity from a long dead culture.  I think the Sentients are poisoned by the Void just as a virus poisons a computer.  It could even be inter-dimensional in some way.  That is my favorite idea.

My secondary, less favorite, idea is that some being with form is inside to Void-portions of space and simply reaching out to the Tenno telepathically using their shared connection to the Void.  

I would really like the Void to be something that we can't just bash with a sword (like 99.9% of all threats in Warframe).  Dealing with it should require a bit of unconventional intelligence.  I also don't really think every battle should be "winnable".  

Edited by Alaeacus

There are actually only a handful of Tenno that "exist", and the players are all the same one. 

*Twilight Zone theme*

Because of the weird, wacky, and plot convenient ways the Void works - creating "what if" pockets in Lua's spy vaults and spitting out relics that function like Schrödinger's cat's box - its possible that the Tenno Void corruption generates an effect where if a Tenno goes "out of sight" such that absolutely no one knows where specifically that Tenno is, maybe including the Tenno in question, all possible events occur. 

Spoiler

So we all get woken and captured by Vor because him disturbing the cryopods activated all possible Tenno, and we all fall out of the same long-sleep pod in the reservoir because no one knows which pod belongs to which Tenno, and the following quests are all experienced by all the millions of player Tenno because of the fluidity of possibilities caused by each potential Tenno being rendered in parallel in the universe. 

People in Cetus, Fortuna, and on, do not notice this because the events of quests only happen once for them, with the universe effectively leaving a blank field in their memories for the Tenno and their actions.  No one in the hubs notices how many of us are there because the universe only renders a few of us for them at the same time.  We all have Ordis and in the same condition because while there is only one of him, we all fill the same blank.  Outsiders wouldn't notice because the Tenno are shadowy mystic ninjas, and Ordis just assumes that, being glitchy, the other Tenno dedicated Cephalons are completely focused on their duties and don't have time to talk.  The Lotus and others can't perceive the weird volume of Tenno but can tell that jobs are getting done, and so don't worry. 

And bosses that you kill multiple times, you can explore multiple possible assassinations because. . . ah. . . well. . .

Maybe it's best not to overthink these things. 

On 2019-04-15 at 1:46 PM, evilChair said:

For me, it's that Nora is a descendant of Umbra's family.

The two are in no way connected given that umbra was around during the orokin reign, or at least for a while. Nora is likely human, and umbra outlives her for sure. Unlikely theory, with no evidence. I myself could be wrong, in which case someone will correct me. For now though, that theory is incredibly unlikely.

There were no kids on the Ten Zero. It was all adults (male, female, other) and some force used their reproduce dna to create children.

The deluxe skins are the first Warframes before they were streamlined and then made into Prime to tell the folks that these are "the first".

Nidus is the MASTER that all Warframes are based off of. He was the real first that was found and used to craft Excalibur until he fully woke up (kind of how Megatron was frozen and used by humans in that Michael Bay movie). When we meet his Deluxe, we will have a choice of either staying with the Void Demons or going our separate ways to unleash the next levels of power for our Warframe.

The canceled game the DE was making is going to be used as the Space Pirates talked about in the Baro K files as well as Nora Nights speeches. It will give players the option to use the Warframe or the First Person view people have always asked about.

The Man in the Wall is a personification of the void, the Tenno's new father. He's actually the good guy albeit creepy at times.

The Tenno are actually supposed to control the Infestation, but there is a secondary form of 'hive mind' that exists that prevents the influence.

The infested probably cause some form of post-secondary interference to sentients due to the nature of the virus. The Tau system will eventually be invaded by the Tenno, only to have a derelict ship ram straight into the system. The entirety of the Tau sentients desperately try to keep the derelict at bay, but the Tenno see this and use it to their advantage which turns the enormous derelict into essentially a gigantic missile. The Tau system is struck and infested leak out. At first it seems like it was just a distraction but multitudes of Tau Sentients fall victim to the virus and become a threat the likes of which the star system has never seen. This creates a new faction, the Amalgamate Infested, which later takes over the Tau system and uses it as a staging area to continuously assault the origin system.