Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hope the Ropalolyst isn't a joke.

(PSN)BenHeisennberg

On the one end of the spectrum, we have Eidolons.  Time gated, typically calls for premade squads with the ability to 1-shot the phases in order to farm before the timer runs out.  Challenging solo for many players, though doable, typically resulting in a 1x3.

In the other end, we have the Exploiter.  The Warframe doesn't matter, and unless it has movement abilities, the abilities won't see much use.  The Warframe is a platform for an AoE pistol that blasts through the miniscule health of the orb mother, turning the Exploiter fight into a point and click minigame punctuated by brief moments of quickly dispatching her tiny health pool.  Looks like we're bullying a defenseless robot who's just trying to cool off.

I know it might be a little late for any changes.  But the Ropalolyst, requiring completion of the entire questline, is "endgame" by a literal definition.  I sincerely hope there is a healthy balance between accessibility and difficulty for it.  I do not wish to see another cool looking boss turn out to be a fodder enemy.

I doubt it will be too difficult for anyone who has half decent gear, the quests aren't even close to end game so that's not much of an indicator and it's going to be a boss on Jupiter which is like half way through the star chart.

I wouldn't expect it to be on the same level as something like an eidolon or one of the orbs (and even they're not very hard).

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

I doubt it will be too difficult for anyone who has half decent gear, the quests aren't even close to end game so that's not much of an indicator and it's going to be a boss on Jupiter which is like half way through the star chart.

I wouldn't expect it to be on the same level as something like an eidolon or one of the orbs (and even they're not very hard).

Unfortunately probably true.

My guess at this point is that no boss will be designed to be a fun, challenging, engaging fight to someone that owns everything.  It would be nice if this will be that, but the points you raised + it drops a mediocre Warframe, probably means it'll be very easily farmed.

To be fair though, Eidolons are on Earth, and only require TWW iirc.

Edited by (PS4)BenHeisennberg

I think you are reading too much into its requirements. The last quests have not been hard at all and don't need your frame maxed out or anything. If anything, the fights have been the straight opposite, they let you have the encounter before even having the required things to finish the fight. You can already encounter the eidolons at night right after you start the game, same thing with the exploiter orb and you also got the wolf which can be almost impossible for new players.

• Like 2

Completing a quest is end-game now? This isn't a story driven game.

You will get either brute force sleep mode. Can't lose hidden timer sleep mode or trivial group task sleep mode.

There's no way DE can make a boss challenging and engaging in the current Damage system. Immune, Immune, throw numbers at it.

No idea why they keep trying.

Considering Wisp will be dropped and farmed from this boss, I sincerely doubt it will be any sort of challenge.

I still think tridolons have been the best "world boss" DE released so far. The only one that actually requires some sort of squad coordination, the one with the best rewards (arcanes) and the night cycle time gate component actually makes speedrunning them something of a challenge (getting to those 6x3 is not for everyone). 

Profit taker was too easy and dumbed down, exploiter orb was an interesting puzzle boss and refreshing to see something different, but again too easy. 

7 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Completing a quest is end-game now? This isn't a story driven game.

You will get either brute force sleep mode. Can't lose hidden timer sleep mode or trivial group task sleep mode.

There's no way DE can make a boss challenging and engaging in the current Damage system. Immune, Immune, throw numbers at it.

No idea why they keep trying.

It's really a no win situation for DE either way.  They make a tough enemy, then the forums complains about it being "too hard".  Then sooner or later you have forum talking about not enough challenge in the game.  While those same people who complain give no feedback on how to achieve this.  Or if they do, then the special snowflakes come in and say it wouldn't be new player friendly.  

Someone needs to make up their damn minds on what they really want.  

I'm all for DE ignoring the special snowflakes and just making what they want.  

10 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

It's really a no win situation for DE either way.  They make a tough enemy, then the forums complains about it being "too hard".  Then sooner or later you have forum talking about not enough challenge in the game.  While those same people who complain give no feedback on how to achieve this.  Or if they do, then the special snowflakes come in and say it wouldn't be new player friendly.  

Agreed.  "Think of the new players" shouldn't be a thing at the end of the storyline and requiring full star chart progression.  By that point, they're probably not a new player.

Honestly, I think "think of the new players" posts tend to be people hiding behind new players, when it's actually just someone who cannot use movement, cannot mod their gear, or wants to turn Warframe into a mobile fidget game.

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

True though DE themselves have created that no win situation.

They don't give easy access to more difficult content allowing the player to choose for themselves what experience they want and they don't reward effort for that experience. The effort in itself is horrendously broad because they don't balance correctly and so can't realistically reward players for more difficult content since said content could potentially be exploited. Instead everything has been set as a time investment where skill, knowledge or performance has little influence.

The special snowflake syndrome partially fixes itself when you allow the player to choose difficulty. Least from a gear perspective. There's still going to be those players who think they're amazing and often because they're over geared. Warframe has turned itself into that type of game willingly and created this egocentric play style where if the player dies if must be the game's fault. Not that dying means anything in Warframe anymore.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I keep seeing this argument, and, frankly, it's just really, really dumb - and no matter how many times you guys make it, it's not going to start getting smarter. 

It is *NOT* inconsistent for people to want hard content, but then complain when it's hard in a really annoying or frustrating way. It shouldn't have to be explicitly stated that when people want X they want it done well. 
Take the wolf, for example - he's just a giant ball of angry numbers. There's nothing interesting about that. 

There's a distinct difference between a well designed challenge and a poorly designed challenge, people who want a challenge, but don't want the latter, are not being at all inconsistent, as you seem to claim. 

But, yes, what was said earlier is completely true. It's almost impossible to make an actual decent challenge until they fix the completely broken damage system. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Yousho said:

I keep seeing this argument, and, frankly, it's just really, really dumb - and no matter how many times you guys make it, it's not going to start getting smarter. 

It is *NOT* inconsistent for people to want hard content, but then complain when it's hard in a really annoying or frustrating way. It shouldn't have to be explicitly stated that when people want X they want it done well. 
Take the wolf, for example - he's just a giant ball of angry numbers. There's nothing interesting about that. 

There's a distinct difference between a well designed challenge and a poorly designed challenge, people who want a challenge, but don't want the latter, are not being at all inconsistent, as you seem to claim.

I think they were more talking about a situation like the Orb of Vallis units where half players said they were too tough and the other half wanted them to be. Thankfully DE found a middle ground with their Elite versions. It of course means nothing in respects to the game if you fight normal or Elite units so they had no cares doing it.

Ironically they never bothered to fix the unanimously obnoxious bounce, CC, area denial spam the enemies produce which both sides hated.

Either way though they can't create a challenging enemy because there's no difficulty behind it. They could make a boss with all the craziest mechanics and skill shots they want and I could just stand there with 1.8 million eHP, ignore all the mechanics and shoot till I win. The only way to get those mechanics (challenge) to work is to raise the difficulty (make them punishing) and that's when you get the split between players who know how to get 1.8 million eHP Solo and those who don't.

On 2019-05-18 at 2:39 PM, --END--Rikutatis said:

Considering Wisp will be dropped and farmed from this boss, I sincerely doubt it will be any sort of challenge.

I still think tridolons have been the best "world boss" DE released so far. The only one that actually requires some sort of squad coordination, the one with the best rewards (arcanes) and the night cycle time gate component actually makes speedrunning them something of a challenge (getting to those 6x3 is not for everyone). 

Profit taker was too easy and dumbed down, exploiter orb was an interesting puzzle boss and refreshing to see something different, but again too easy. 

Exploiter wasn't a puzzle. It was a literal "Pick up rock, throw rock" design. Profit taker was more puzzle than that, requiring rotating between different damage types. Calling exploiter orb boss is a bit much.. its a patience test.

On 2019-05-17 at 4:53 PM, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

But the Ropalolyst, requiring completion of the entire questline, is "endgame" by a literal definition.  I sincerely hope there is a healthy balance between accessibility and difficulty for it.  I do not wish to see another cool looking boss turn out to be a fodder enemy.

From the Jovian Concord update description:

"Challenge the winged beast that makes the Gas City its home. Whether up close or at range, the Ropalolyst is a threat few can stand against alone. Complete The Chimera Prologue to unlock this dangerous boss fight."

There will be no "Endgame" in Warframe, but this new enemy can offer a challenge to players who play alone.

[ Ropalolyst is the Warframe equivalent to Mothra of Godzilla films.]