Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydron is an overrated exp farm node

55 minutes ago, F8ted said:

By far, yes it is. Don't worry, I've even gone about stealth farming. SO and ESO are still orders of magnitude faster.

I beg to differ. This was a fairly slow run btw, most are under 4 minutes. ESO is only faster for levelling primary weapons.
jJIcPaK.jpg

Edited by Zilchy

1 minute ago, Test-995 said:

dO iT sOlO!

Why? Nobody's doing it Solo in ESO or Hydron are they? I can level up a melee that fast solo but nobody is levelling frames or primaries solo in the other modes.

Edited by Zilchy

8 hours ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

So instead of saying which node is better for xp farm you give us one that is barely better, if ot worse? Even in hydron it is easy to kill enemies fast. Helene is barely faster if the team is not all undergeared.

Putting Wolf into the calculation is laughable. Funny how many people are so terrified of the boogeyman.

The best affinity farm is still SO.

I hate ESO and if i'm forced to resort to that as my only method for leveling, I would much rather bang my head against a wall

4 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

I'm still waiting for people to get good at spy missions and realize that they are the superior solo XP farm method.

Aside from stealth farming, of course.

Most players aren't capable of completing Spy missions in under 3 minutes or so though :)

Just now, Zilchy said:

Most players aren't capable of completing Spy missions in under 3 minutes or so though 🙂

Judging by all the times I've seen complaints about people not bringing stealth frames to public spy sorties (gross) I guess I'd have to agree.

9 hours ago, 844448 said:

wolf might be changed to scale with mission level

It is and also the chance of spawn is different above and blow level 20 missions.

9 hours ago, 844448 said:

Because the square root is taken of the enemy's level, the actual benefit of facing high-level enemies is minimal. For example, killing a level 100 Napalm would give 1213 Affinity, less than twice the Affinity you would get from a level 3 Napalm (623). Therefore, "farming" Affinity is easier when killing many low level enemies instead of withstanding very powerful ones.

That might be true but if some one can kill 3 level 100 as fast as you can kill 3 level 3 Napalms your argument is invalid. People go to Hydron in hopes someone will carry the group. If you not trying to bog down a group wanting relics then yes what you said is a better option for leveling. Either way without a booster the best I have seen to hit 30 (carry needed) is 25ish-30 mins for a frame and 6-10 min for a weapon

3 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

It is and also the chance of spawn is different above and blow level 20 missions.

That might be true but if some one can kill 3 level 100 as fast as you can kill 3 level 3 Napalms your argument is invalid. People go to Hydron in hopes someone will carry the group. If you not trying to bog down a group wanting relics then yes what you said is a better option for leveling. Either way without a booster the best I have seen to hit 30 (carry needed) is 25ish-30 mins for a frame and 6-10 min for a weapon

That's a ridiculously slow time for levelling something, I seriously wonder why people bother using Hydron at all.

3 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

That's a ridiculously slow time for levelling something, I seriously wonder why people bother using Hydron at all.

Those numbers aren't from Hydron. Hydron has set number of enemies. I have never seen anyone max a frame in hydron in 20 waves which is normally the max a group will do. You need endless to get those numbers. Something where they spawn like hot crazy. Still trying to find something better for frames but those are the best I have done from different spots.

3 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

Those numbers aren't from Hydron. Hydron has set number of enemies. I have never seen anyone max a frame in hydron in 20 waves which is normally the max a group will do. You need endless to get those numbers. Something where they spawn like hot crazy. Still trying to find something better for frames but those are the best I have done from different spots.

If you look at my picture I posted you'll see I maxed a frame from 0-30 in 4.5 mins.

Google stealth affinity farming. It works on any frame.

Edited by Zilchy

2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

If you look at my picture I posted you'll see I maxed a frame from 0-30 in 4.5 mins

I didn't read all the posts and missed that, my bad. What mission tho? And was the second person sleeping them?

Edited by Zelmen

50 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

I beg to differ. This was a fairly slow run btw, most are under 4 minutes. ESO is only faster for levelling primary weapons.
jJIcPaK.jpg

48 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Why? Nobody's doing it Solo in ESO or Hydron are they? I can level up a melee that fast solo but nobody is levelling frames or primaries solo in the other modes.

46 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Could do it in recruit chat probably, clan members are just more reliable.

39 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Most players aren't capable of completing Spy missions in under 3 minutes or so though :)

31 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

24 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Ugh, afk leechers for half n hour when they could simply put in 5 minutes of effort and be done. No wonder there's so many bad players out there.

Okay so I covered this in the: "Let me clarify about stealth farming. It's great if you plan on leveling anything solo. In such a case you can only provide meaningful experience to one item, what you use to kill. For solo play you cannot level your primary weapon by only using your melee, or not very fast at all as affinity bleeds at a very small rate." Also I stressed "Back to solo, stealth can in fact be decent under some pretty particular circumstances. You must be using the item you are to be leveling, you must get full stealth affinity bonus, and it must be fairly easy to do so." You have one person running the mission for you to absolutely no benefit to themselves, ccing every enemy but not attacking a single one, and you are actually running a spy mission you have to reset every 5 minutes. OP is talking about people running Hydron to level frames because they don't really care for any challenge and higher level players will straight run you through it because they want relics. You have answered your own cyclical logic by yourself. Remember what I said about stealth farming when you need to level a primary, a secondary, or hey, a melee weapon, as it looks like you using a lens up in there so a max out melee to achieve these results. Still, based off the focus gain, which is about the only way to tell, it is about a round worth or 2:30 in ESO. Twice as slow. 

45 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

Where can you level a frame to 30 in 5 min? And I am talking like Rhino where there is no nuking.

44 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

If you look at my picture I posted you'll see I maxed a frame from 0-30 in 4.5 mins.

Google stealth affinity farming. It works on any frame.

Oh and for the advice takers out there it's worth noting these numbers are with Affinity Booster activated. While many players may not realize it, this is relatively efficient for a veteran to keep up at just about all times. One perfect round of spy with someone wiping your butt the whole way, or couple rounds ESO trying to find an enemy to kill while they melt before your eyes. One levels up a frame, and assuming you have a high enough MR to near max mod a fresh weapon you can level one weapon too. The other levels up whatever you bring in to max, and requires you to move every two minutes. As always Warframe is a game of choices. Make your own, but make it informed.

2 hours ago, F8ted said:

Sanctuary Onslaught, Elite Sanctuary Onslaught /thread

Like seriously obviously the OP losing their mind over having to carry someone in any mission in this game like its difficult, but nothing comes close to bowing to Samiris. You, and anyone who cares to go right ahead and play whichever level you like. Go to Mot for all I care. Even that pales next to the sanctuary. Hydron is laughable too. I took exception with the thought that Helene was better for farming than Hydron, and then the OP goes to try and argue that one gets more affinity than the former. Not only is this untrue, but there are at least two locations better than Hydron will ever hope to be: Sanctuary Onslaught, and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. You ought to at least try it once to see what you are missing.  

The problem with Sanctuary Onslaught is that it only works if you have someone who can leech off of.... 

All too often I have seen people go in there and oops... theres no nuke Frame... and everything that follows after that is a S#&$ show where eventually effeciency drops and everybody has to leave.

This isn't an issue with Hydron/Helene/IO.... you can hop in there with whatever and whoever and as long as everyone pulls their own weight you can max weapons in 20 waves and Warframes in 2 20 wave Sets.... its pub friendly and more importantly its honest.... 

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

I always bring randoms in titan on saturn because there are more room for them to contribute even with unranked gears with nice amount of exp (250 exp per kill from elite lancers while not too hard to kill with unranked)

Again... neither are the guys in Hydron. Which is why people use Either that or Helene....

Again.... neither option compares to an organised Group.

• Like 1

2 часа назад, dwqrf сказал:

But ESO isn't a good place to farm xp. Don't spread stupidity.

ESO is a good place to SQUAT xp. Which is a disgrace.

If you go there with a dps frame, you won't get affinity on your weapon, so if you spread this information and people (which they already do) start going there to do nothing and wait until other people kill everything, well, it WONT work well.

It requires exactly ONE dps to kill, and if you have that one you're already doing nothing.

And theres BOUND to be at least one. So if you're a dps yourself going for focus and hate others, your best best is to play solo. Always had, always will be.

That said i literlaly NEVER saw anyone complaining about hybrid trinity, fast nova,buffer rhino and similar warframes in onslaught. Even when they dont rakk 2000+ kills. This idiotic cave man mentality that contribution only means da sweet kills in a horde pve game with buffer and support frames is the definition of ourdated and gross af. It brings back vietnam flashbacks of pvp games where idiots that typically were losing a round or game were calling supports leeches just because "they dont kill" anything. Good freaking god.

Цитата

The problem with Sanctuary Onslaught is that it only works if you have someone who can leech off of.... 

All too often I have seen people go in there and oops... theres no nuke Frame

Well theres always another game.

In all seriousness, in SO theres rarely dps frames. Because why? Thats right, because SO allows you to level frames.

ESO tho? The opposite. 3 Saryns is almost the norm. No one levels frames so shtton of dps frames there.

Also once again this is bs you cant playing SOLO, level warframe in ESO.Who designs this game I swear...

Edited by -Temp0-