Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't there have been a pop-up warning in-game about the end of nightwave, warning us to spend our wolf cred?...

(PSN)Wanderkrowe

Just now, Pohani_Herkules said:

It is ingame. There is a thing called "News feed" IT's bright white, in your orbiter, you can't miss it even if you wanted to. Are all you of you really that blind and lazy?

News feed isn't good place to show it, since not much of people would expect it to show *important* informations about game.

Better to show it on starchart, like any other alert and things.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pohani_Herkules said:

Ah, the old, it's DE's fault you cannot read, next thing you will want is for DE to personally call you when your foundry items are complete to remind you

Do not over generalize my argument without any constructive criticism they should have better updated the store so people wouldn’t have been this confused

this is a limited time event better clarity by just changing the text on the store would reach more people 

However like I said, I got a notification which is good however what I’m trying to point out is that the store itself was not clear on this message and was contradictory to any planning of an end

10 minutes ago, Pohani_Herkules said:

Show me one solid arugement in this post showing it's DE's fault people don't read anything. Just one. I beg you

Do you not see the image bro? It actively contradicts any news given. What am I suppose to listen to the fine print or thing in my face? What am I more likely to see?

Answer the other issue this, that you repeatedly gloss over.

8 minutes ago, -CoI-IAmNotMatthew said:

It's not DE's fault for you not paying attention to any of these sources. 

Than why not the launcher, the event screen, see image above, inbox? Again telling me your taking my money away in advance doesn't make doing so a good idea. We now have to wait upwards to a month to get mods, nitain, etc. Are you cool with that? They warned you right? What if I'm a new player, I would be #*!%ed. Stop glossing over legitimate problems this creates.

Edited by LoadedAK47
  • Like 2

Just now, Test-995 said:

News feed isn't good place to show it, since not much of people would expect it to show *important* informations about game.

Better to show it on starchart, like any other alert and things.

What? It's called "News Feed". It exists to show "important" information, ie news. If it was on the star chart, all of you would complain how it takes up too much space.

• Like 3

Just now, Pohani_Herkules said:

What? It's called "News Feed". It exists to show "important" information, ie news. If it was on the star chart, all of you would complain how it takes up too much space.

I won't, thanks.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

PC is in the same boat as console for all of those things - hence they are not neglecting consoles as you seem to think.

I do love how people complain about how consoles get neglected when PC gets things first and then people also complain about how consoles get neglected when they get things at the same time as PC.

You need to get your eyes checked, where in my post was i complaining about having a simultaneous release. I was stating that having NW release on all platforms at the same time did not work and thus had unintended consequences, hence why we have to wait for the release of act 2 to get fixes for issues that were introduce in act 1. This is something that DE_Steve himself talked about when he explained why they couldn't release a patch for Nightwave midway act 1. However, i do agree that yes PC is in the same boat as consoles for now, but unlike console they have a timeline for the next mainline update. This means that the content drought for console is going to be longer than that of PC which is to be expected hence why it was asinine for them to end act 1 on consoles this early as that limits new player progression.  

1 minute ago, LoadedAK47 said:

Do you not see the image bro? It actively contradicts any news given. What am I suppose to listen to the fine print or thing in my face? What am I more likely to see?

Answer the other issue this, that you repeatedly gloss over.

Than why not the launcher, the event screen, see image above, inbox? Again telling me your taking my money away in advance doesn't make doing so a good idea. We now have to wait upwards to a month to get mods, nitain, etc. Are you cool with that? They warned you right? What if I'm a new player, I would be #*!%ed. Stop glossing over legitimate problems this creates.

I will answer both of your claims with ; Get your lazy ass up and learn to read. I can read, so I stocked up on reactors, catalysts and nitain extract. Im sorry, but being a dumb ass is no reason to blame DE

22 hours ago, Test-995 said:

I won't, thanks.

Look, asking for an inbox mail, while a first, is valid feedback. Saying that this:

... is hard to miss is really, really not. Drop that argument. Everytime anyone tries to claim that the news feed isn't prominent or unclear, you're doing your goal a disservice.

11 minutes ago, Pohani_Herkules said:

That’s an irrelevant claim

I don’t check the news feed daily and even if I did my argument still stands if the wolf cred store was at least neutral this wouldn’t be as big of a problem I can’t 100% confirm my notification however it said new offerings will be refreshed the market was contradicting information

If everyone did get a notification like me then I can say the OP is to blame mostly 

stop trying to be a blind white knight and provide accurate feedback 

the market should have been updated there is no reason why it doesn’t have information on it’s own end date there is nothing more clear than that I hope it is implemented in season 2

Note: Also if he was still confused on the end date he should have checked the news feed i mean even I can say he should have done that he should know it exists by now

Edited by (PS4)CodyXSavageX
  • Like 1

vor 59 Minuten schrieb LoadedAK47:

Are you for real? It was communicated on SEVERAL OTHER PARTS inside and outside of the game. Not every part, especially for players who just log in and play. Why not an inbox? why not in the launcher?

Why not have a countdown in massive red numbers counting down to the point in time, where you whould loose your the Wolfcreds?

Why not have DE send E-Mails to the mail-adress you are using for logging in?

Why not have a chatbot whispering you daily that the Wolfcreds will be lost?

Why not have a voiceline for Ordis who told you every time you got into your Orbiter: "Hey! Listen! Wolfcreds will be lost at the ent od the event."

This isn't a question of whether DE has not used certain ways to communicate that the creds whould be lost.

The important question is, has DE clearly communicated that the Creds will be lost? And the answer is, yes. Yes they have.

DE can't protect people from their own stupidity. Nobody can.

At some point you have to draw a line. You can't childprove every aspect of life.

• Like 1

Just now, Test-995 said:

Neither you, DE is the one who decide to do things in the end.

I'm only talking for me and that's it.

Yea, no S#&$ Sherlock. See, you are learning things when you read. Good job

Edited by Pohani_Herkules

@Pohani_Herkules

You can't read either. COPY PASTA

11 minutes ago, LoadedAK47 said:

Do you not see the image bro? It actively contradicts any news given.

Okay, don't know how else to say it

11 minutes ago, LoadedAK47 said:

We now have to wait upwards to a month to get mods, nitain, etc. Are you cool with that? They warned you right? What if I'm a new player, I would be #*!%ed. Stop glossing over legitimate problems this creates.

Am i suppose to read to get nitain or potatoes now cool thanks for the advice. I will make sure and tell new players to read and this stuff will magically appear in their inventories.

@Ced23Ric

I agree I just wish people weren't so insulting about it, like why? You, not you directly many in the forum, just come as a dismissive #$&(%.

Edited by LoadedAK47

2 hours ago, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

I still had like 350 wolf creds saved up to spend at a time when I needed something and I really feel like this loss of wolf creds was not communicated to me, as a player, well enough.

edit: Or a message to our inbox about this. There were several ways to communicate this properly to the players.

edit 2: To everybpdy talking about the news console. That console is a hidden away little thing that I'm sure a lot of people forget even exists. That is not an adequate platform to communicate such an important thing. At the very least we should have gotten a direct message into our inbox about this.

Post it up in Feedback subforums. DE still checks General Discussion from time to time, but Feedback would be a better place. Think about what DE could do to resolve this issue so that you don't have this problem in the future, be it a pop-up when you sign in, or a banner running across the Nightwave Panel specifying an end-date, or a message in your inbox, etc. And then post up your suggestion in Feedback.

Edited by IntheCoconut
  • Like 2

@LoadedAK47

I'll be honest, it's a measure of input/output. Someone barrels into the place, has a good idea but frames it with insults and blame-shifting, gets called out, and reacts poorly, combative and shows no sign of reflection. At that point, sympathy goes out the window. I'll admit to a good idea, as I have throughout this mess of a thread, but I don't find any point or reason to offer sympathy for people that aren't willing to admit to their own shortcomings. It's heckin' easy to assume you're right and infallible and the mishaps of your existence are because of other people, but that's weak.

"Well, whoopsie-daisy, my bad, I guess I'll pay attention to the in-game news terminal informing me about the state of the game in the future." and "I'd have liked an inbox message." aren't mutually exclusive. But pairing that good idea with spineless blame-shifting and excuses just makes me that dismissive [expletive], because it's clear that the person in question isn't willing to take any responsibility or advice. People like that will always blame someone or something else on their problems, and no system in the world will stop some with that attitude to not admit their share of the issue, and keep blaming others. And that's a selfish, entitled, spineless behavior pattern that gets no love from me.

Again, there's good feedback among all this muck.

• Wolf Creds should have been honored until the beginning of Ep. 2.
  • The timer on the last week needs to say "Program ends in:" instead of new offerings.
  • An inbox message would have been a nice addition.
  • Subpoint: 7 days before, and on the weekend of, that is. Because you know if it's just 7 days, people on the weekend of will complain.

But feedback belongs in the feedback forum, and not into General Discussion. With these threads bereft of purpose, and the only remaining content to GD being that OP and some people are blaming DE for their inability to acknowledge the primary news outlet of the game, in the game, what remains is a tantrum thread of people that didn't pay attention. At that point, I can:

• Discuss
  • Ignore

the thread. The prior is the purpose of GD, the latter would leave falsehoods and that blame-shifting and lack of personal responsibility standing. Would that be nicer? Probably. Am I dismissive of such behavior? Very. If you got nothing nice to say, don't say anything, then? Well, then this thread wouldn't exist in the first place. Especially since we got a pop-up about the end of Nightwave, which I am now repeating for the third time - probably that's gonna be ignored just the same. Just like Ghoul Purges, we had a neat pop-up on the lower right, "NIGHTWAVE ENDS ON THE 19TH OF MAY!", but hey, that wasn't enough, either.

Edited by Ced23Ric

Also to answer OP there was a pop up notification, it was when you logged in

But also can someone find the end date for nightwave on the news feed or inbox because if not then yeah someone needs to write Nightwave ends at Month/Day in the store because I don’t see it anywhere...

was it removed?

@Pohani_Herkules

Insulting again I see, Its not a hard question that I asked. How do we get alert exclusive stuff now? Will it take a month to get it due to the break, grind etc.? If I am a new/returning player wouldn't this be terrible?

If you're having trouble answering, I'm here for you bro, no need to insult.

@Ced23Ric

Thank you, a voice of reason, I agree the blame is on the player here, but not entirely. I'm not going to bother a percentage of the blame as it is pointless. I see were you're coming from, I hardly if ever visit forums let alone active in any discussion so I personally don't share the sentiment, I like to hear people out even when they may initially offer nothing constructive. or majority of the post is nonsense. As accusing them puts them on the defensive and likely to ignore you, or at least in my experience.

12 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

Again, there's good feedback among all this muck.

• Wolf Creds should have been honored until the beginning of Ep. 2.
  • The timer on the last week needs to say "Program ends in:" instead of new offerings.
  • An inbox message would have been a nice addition.
  • Subpoint: 7 days before, and on the weekend of, that is. Because you know if it's just 7 days, people on the weekend of will complain.

Fantastic feedback suggestion to prevent all this from happening again

I do plan on posting on the feedback forum, not sure on the presentation yet tho so haven't. I also want to hear people opinion of my concern, reason for my thread and my posting here, but people, including me, keep playing the blame game.

@Diavoros

Read thread, instead of continuing blame game please, there is some, imo, valid problems this creates.

Edited by LoadedAK47

45 minutes ago, (XB1)Sprankton N said:

You need to get your eyes checked, where in my post was i complaining about having a simultaneous release. I was stating that having NW release on all platforms at the same time did not work and thus had unintended consequences

You answered your own question...

46 minutes ago, (XB1)Sprankton N said:

However, i do agree that yes PC is in the same boat as consoles for now, but unlike console they have a timeline for the next mainline update. This means that the content drought for console is going to be longer than that of PC which is to be expected hence why it was asinine for them to end act 1 on consoles this early as that limits new player progression.

But new player progression for PC players is in the same spot as console.  You're making no sense.  Console is neglected because we will get our mainline release later than PC, thus stopping new player progression more than PC even though we'll get NW S2 at the same time as PC, which is also stopping new player progression on PC...what?  This makes absolutely zero sense.

2 hours ago, Walkampf said:

There are 2 things quite frankly wrong in this statement.

1. Nothing was "changed" it was always known, that the Credits whould vanish when the series ended.

2. Nobody is talking about checking "daily", we are talking about "checking once in 13 weeks".

well i and many players as u see did not know that
and i would agree with u 100% but when we have mail notification for baro or ghuls about their comming and for ghuls we even have notification when they are gone which in all 3 cases u can just see as u enter star chart there is no good reason for not to have notification about something is ending and u gonna lose ur resources if u wont spend it before it happen

and yea its my fault and any1 else who didnt read all stuff and not even bother to check it
but simple warning in place we ALL visit which is star chart would not hurt any1

i dont care about creeds i dont need from wf nitains potatoes or anything else since i got many and i dont need to craft anything anymore
i just say it was stupid move to do to just cut it off without CLEAR notification like for baro or ghuls

u are free not to agree with me and keep defending this bs
but keep in mind i and many other players simply could be just not like u
so just u feel obligated to check everything does not mean every1 else feel the same

and as i mention above simple notification via mail or something every1 check would not hurt any1

39 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

You answered your own question...

But new player progression for PC players is in the same spot as console.  You're making no sense.  Console is neglected because we will get our mainline release later than PC, thus stopping new player progression more than PC even though we'll get NW S2 at the same time as PC, which is also stopping new player progression on PC...what?  This makes absolutely zero sense.

There was no question asked in my post.......smh. Since you can't read and/or understand the english language then don't expect a response after this one.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Sprankton N said:

There was no question asked in my post.......smh. Since you can't read and/or understand the english language then don't expect a response after this one.

Um...

...where in my post was i complaining about having a simultaneous release.

You put a period after it, but that is a question.  At least it follows the form of a question.

I get it.  You're upset because consoles have delayed releases from PC.  If it's really a problem, take it up with Sony, XB1, and Nintendo.  I'd argue it's a good thing though, in that we get more stable builds.  But, don't couch it in terms of DE neglecting consoles and screwing over new console players when that simply isn't true.

I asked elsewhere how expiring credits at the same time as missions was good game design. Some players found ways to insult other players as not being adequately attentive. They never answered how the game was better for having suddenly expiring credits. Can anyone make an argument that more players are happier with expiring credits than would be if credits lasted, at least for a few days after Nightwave missions ended? How is this good game design?

• Like 1