Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well, I got the Spectra Vandal and the Glaxion Vandal

KnossosTNC

Soloed it. Not too hard with a Slowva and a Catchmoon kitgun. Around 500-ish points per round, so it took 8 rounds.

I suppose after the uproar over the Opticor Vandal, DE decided to play it safe? As far as I could tell, they're both just stat upgrades on the base Spectra and Glaxion; a little more damage, more status and crit chances, bigger magazines and faster reload times. Maybe a little more range too, but kind of hard to tell. No beams jumping or enemies exploding on death or anything unique.

I suppose it's cool if you already like the base weapons? I was personally underwhelmed by both, so I'm not sure if these upgrades will convince me to use them, but it's early days. The best thing I can say about them are probably the crit chance increases, which makes slapping on Point Strike and PPG actually looks pretty viable. A little low on Formas right now, so they're just going to have to sit in cold storage for a while.

Anyway, pics, so it did happen:

2nqftb8.jpg

2moo001.jpg

Just gonna say, RIP all those people buying Rivens for these things for 30k right now. X'D

It takes, what, 4 minutes of number crunching and research to tell they're not anything Exponentially good? If you want a Riven, go ahead and get one, but please...just wait a month or so when the entire Market has calmed down and realized these new toys aren't the new Ultra-Meta, and the prices go back to Semi-Normal.

• Like 2

Beam weapons just feel so samey for the most part. I'm sure these vandals are probably statistically good, but they're not very interesting. It's particularly confusing that of all the weird corpus weapons, they picked two generic beams for this vandaling.

59 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Just gonna say, RIP all those people buying Rivens for these things for 30k right now. X'D

It takes, what, 4 minutes of number crunching and research to tell they're not anything Exponentially good? If you want a Riven, go ahead and get one, but please...just wait a month or so when the entire Market has calmed down and realized these new toys aren't the new Ultra-Meta, and the prices go back to Semi-Normal.

Haha, yeah, another day that makes me glad I'm not in the riven market - neither a buyer or a seller. I even currently have a veiled rifle riven I'm itching to just give away at any moment, such is how little I care about the whole thing.

Edited by KnossosTNC

As always the most important stat(for me) with beam weapons isn't shown...what is the range of those weapons? Have it been buffed or stayed the same? I'm at work right now so I haven't even had time to download the update. Can anyone check this out? You get a cookie from me...or a beer...what the hell lets make it cookie with beer!

32 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Haha, yeah, another day that makes me glad I'm not in the riven market - neither a buyer or a seller. I even currently have a veiled rifle riven I'm itching to just give away at any moment, such is how little I care about the whole thing.

if you're giving away veiled rivens ill happily take it off your hands if youre on PC

32 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well, it's definitely nice that Spectra and Glaxion got some love, finally. never cared all that much for Spectra, but Glaxion can be satisfying. either way, it's more MR.

The era of the best vandals ended a while ago. It feels like DE just made these two for the purpose of filling in more vandals. Pretty soon we’ll see the same thing happening with Wraiths - more being poured out for the sake of having more...

I like using the base forms.... more so for memey builds from rivens that are so dumb.... and i like using the vandals.... these will probably start seeing more use..... because i can meme with them haha (notting ive formaed the base spectra 5 times 😰 lol)

4 minutes ago, (XB1)A Excal Umbra said:

Pretty soon we’ll see the same thing happening with Wraiths -

we still have a few desirable Wraiths, like Ogris, Drakgoon, Kulstar and Zarr to go through before we start scraping the barrel. but yes, once Supra and Opticor got Vandalized, that was it. (no Lanka Vandal yet, but I doubt we'll get that for some time.)

These Vandals are quite mediocre, if not subpar. Mind you I also had a blast on my Slowva soloing to 4k. I enjoy Disruption and fighting Amalgams.

I totally didn't understand the Opticor V. uproar. it was an amazing side-grade. i think the new Vandals were straight up upgrades because the base weapons are terrible.

Edited by Ikyr0

I got a Glaxion riven ages ago from someone for free, because I was using the weapon in a random team and they had one they didn't want.  I'm not sure if they didn't have the weapon, had better Glaxion Riven already, or just considered it so worthless that they just wanted the Riven slot back.  I didn't ask, and for the longest time it was the only Riven I had.

I don't have the exact stats memorized, something like plus ammo capacity (not magazine size), increased firing speed, +225% damage, and a negative Critical Chance high enough to completely negate the ability to get critical hits with it.  It was "good enough," and I don't feel like spending a mountain of kuva spinning the wheel trying for something else.  Glaxion really isn't a "crit based" weapon anyway, so that seemed like a small loss for what seems to be better stats on the other traits.

16 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

These Vandals are quite mediocre, if not subpar. Mind you I also had a blast on my Slowva soloing to 4k. I enjoy Disruption and fighting Amalgams.

I totally didn't understand the Opticor V. uproar. it was an amazing side-grade. i think the new Vandals were straight up upgrades because the base weapons are terrible.

You don't understand that you can use one of the most powerful weapon with a "normal" charge time? Did you prefer am optico vandal with 10.00 damage and 10 seconds charge?

BTW these last weapons are just pure crap vandal, a waste of time. I had a riven for the spectra but i don't waste resources and time  on a such useless weapon.

Edited by bibmobello

4 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

I got a Glaxion riven ages ago from someone for free, because I was using the weapon in a random team and they had one they didn't want.  I'm not sure if they didn't have the weapon, had better Glaxion Riven already, or just considered it so worthless that they just wanted the Riven slot back.  I didn't ask, and for the longest time it was the only Riven I had.

I don't have the exact stats memorized, something like plus ammo capacity (not magazine size), increased firing speed, +225% damage, and a negative Critical Chance high enough to completely negate the ability to get critical hits with it.  It was "good enough," and I don't feel like spending a mountain of kuva spinning the wheel trying for something else.  Glaxion really isn't a "crit based" weapon anyway, so that seemed like a small loss for what seems to be better stats on the other traits.

It doesn't mean anything at all if it's a crit weapon or not because status depends on crits and  base damage and this weapon is crap at both. Cold is totally useless even for magnetic because for magnetic you want a big heavy weapon to get the magnetic  bonus but with such low damage you will deplete the shields and you will do nothing on health.

3 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

It doesn't mean anything at all if it's a crit weapon or not because status depends on crits and  base damage and this weapon is crap at both. Cold is totally useless even for magnetic because for magnetic you want a big heavy weapon to get the magnetic  bonus but with such low damage you will deplete the shields and you will do nothing on health.

If you say so.  I don't have the weapon mechanics memorized (mostly because I don't really care.)  I always assumed that status chance and critical chance had nothing to do with each other.  So it's news to me that status procs actually run off of critical chance.  I'll take your word for it.  I don't actually build the Glaxion for magnetic, I usually run it with corrosive and cold.  Because it's basically the Mr. Freeze gun, and I want to shoot things with an ice beam.  I play with damage floaters disabled, so I generally consider a weapon "good enough" if I don't have to reload to kill the average hall trash like Lancers and Chargers.

I honestly wish they’d stop making all of these Vandals and put out more Wraiths. For real, this is overwhelming. What also is kind of annoying is that most of the Vandals fall under the primary weapons category. What about melee, hello??? Glad spectra got some help for secondaries tho, it’s a step in the right direction. 

I suppose this is what happens when you have an overload of Corpus content (Fortuna + Jovian Concord). It’s gonna be a while before Grineer get anything going. 

Edited by (XB1)A Excal Umbra

i personally think that both vandals are pretty alright. glaxion vandal did good in both my tests and in my games, samr with spectra. they arent super meta breaking unless you are fighting with super high level enemies(glaxion is excellent at eliminating armor, spectra vandal has a lot of slash), but if you are fighting that kind of enemies i doubt you'd use these anyway.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)A Excal Umbra said:

I honestly wish they’d stop making all of these Vandals and put out more Wraiths. For real, this is overwhelming. What also is kind of annoying is that most of the Vandals fall under the primary weapons category. What about melee, hello??? Glad spectra got some help for secondaries tho, it’s a step in the right direction. 

I suppose this is what happens when you have an overload of Corpus content (Fortuna + Jovian Concord). It’s gonna be a while before Grineer get anything going. 

I suspect we are going to see a whole slew of infested stuff next before the grineer get a look at again.

1 hour ago, EmberStar said:

If you say so.  I don't have the weapon mechanics memorized (mostly because I don't really care.)  I always assumed that status chance and critical chance had nothing to do with each other.  So it's news to me that status procs actually run off of critical chance.  I'll take your word for it.  I don't actually build the Glaxion for magnetic, I usually run it with corrosive and cold.  Because it's basically the Mr. Freeze gun, and I want to shoot things with an ice beam.  I play with damage floaters disabled, so I generally consider a weapon "good enough" if I don't have to reload to kill the average hall trash like Lancers and Chargers.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Slash_Damage

and  it's the same for gas build.

this why a lot of people can't understand the true power of faction mods+madurai+arcane+crit...and use viral build on slash weapons following stupid tips by youtube partners...

BTW the spectra(vandal) damage is too low to be useful but for low level enemies.

Edited by bibmobello

That's Slash procs, not Status in general.  And maybe I'm not reading it correctly, but that just says that slash procs can scale based on critical hits (in addition to a number of other things.)  That's not the same thing as saying that *status* procs trigger off of critical hits.

But whatever, I'm probably not reading it correctly.  As I said, my 0% Critical Chance Glaxion Riven seems to work "well enough," and I don't feel like spending what would probably be a very huge amount of resources trying to roll something better.