Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE shouldn't have removed alerts away completely

SugoiSniper

I loved the Nightwave update and really enjoyed the new rewards system, it feels way more rewarding and cool than alerts were, but they also revealed a glaring issue.

Nightwaves take way more effort than regular alerts to pull, so every 10/11 weeks we have this hole where we can't earn anything an alert could reward.

Catalysts and Reactors and... Nitain Extract.

I want to progress through my syndicates to get my stuff and in between getting the required standing and the credits I was going to rank up the steel meridian and I was reminded with a slap in the nuts that I need catalysts to progress through any syndicate, and without nightwaves, gift of the lotus or a wish upon a star, I am dead in the water and can't progress. I am also working to get the fluctus for the orb mother fight and I can't get it cause I'm locked from getting it. I also can't put a catalyst on the imperator to try to bootleg a build but I need a catalyst to use it on the ground, BUT I DON'T HAVE A CATALYST!

What I mean by this whole complaint-fest is that these things are too valuable (for builds, progression etc...) to completely vanish every time a nightwave goes away. You could always just buy them for plat, but I don't think that's something DE wants to happen and neither do you. You can also get nitain from sabotage missions if you find all the caches and the 7 chaos emeralds and channel all their power to boost the drop rate by 1%, it's just not reliable.

Maybe just bring back alerts for nitain and catalyst only when nightwaves are offline; or add it to other places where it would not pollute the drop tables and still be reliable, maybe the secret rooms in jupiter (or any other tileset)?

• Like 5

Finally, a post that makes sense instead of mindlessly bashing NW.

I agree with the post in general, however

27 minutes ago, SugoiPotato said:

BUT I DON'T HAVE A CATALYST!

I'm not sure about you, but back in the day when I was struggling to get blue potatoes, I'd farm plat to buy them. So far I've heard this is pretty common practice, so maybe you should try that.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about you, but back in the day when I was struggling to get blue potatoes, I'd farm plat to buy them. So far I've heard this is pretty common practice, so maybe you should try that.

But you also need plat for slots and other crap, but it is also a fair point, the problem is that you have the free alternative just locked away every ten weeks. and farming plat for a catalyst or reactor is a really roundabout way of getting them.

Edited by SugoiPotato

Just now, SugoiPotato said:

But you also need plat for slots and other crap, but it is also a fair point, the problem is that you have the free alternative just locked away every ten weeks. and farming plat for a catalyst or reactor is a really roundabout way of getting them.

Yea, but even with the old alerts it was incredibly hard to get potatoes anyway. In fact, I don't remember getting a catalyst or reactor from an alert that isn't gift of the lotus.

On the other hand you still have the occasional invasion that gives potatoes, which is pretty rare too. But at least I remember getting potatoes from them.

Yea, but even with the old alerts it was incredibly hard to get potatoes anyway. In fact, I don't remember getting a catalyst or reactor from an alert that isn't gift of the lotus.

On the other hand you still have the occasional invasion that gives potatoes, which is pretty rare too. But at least I remember getting potatoes from them.

I'm not really saying I prefer the old system, I'm just saying the new one has a very big flaw the other didn't have, which is downtime. It might be rare to get potatoes but at least you know you're getting alerts all the time and the have the chance of being something useful, there were 4 nitain alerts a day.

All I really want is for DE to find some solution in case the downtime between nightwaves becomes habit.

il y a 40 minutes, SugoiPotato a dit :

-snip-

The thing is : it wasnt planed to have a break between S1 and S2 , so yeah i understand your feeling (and maybe DE too) but it's wasnt wanted like that.

Ofc the logic solution will be to bring back the "old alert system" while waiting S2 , but only DE have choice to do that.

1 minute ago, Dr_Shadox said:

The thing is : it wasnt planed to have a break between S1 and S2 , so yeah i understand your feeling (and maybe DE too) but it's wasnt wanted like that.

Ofc the logic solution will be to bring back the "old alert system" while waiting S2 , but only DE have choice to do that.

They don't need to bring the old system back, but it is what makes the most sense.

But even if DE doesn't plan for a break between nightwave seasons, it might do them some good to start planning for such eventualities for other aspects of the game.

It has been almost 3 weeks since nightwave ended (i think) and DE hasn't done anything to address this situation, the alert system is still functional, which can be seen form the gift of the lotus alerts.

It's why they put an alert with 10 nitain (after devstream) , after i can't say you why they are like ... waiting (like us)😕

After we also don't know if they work on a workaround or trying to "fix/balance" nightwave , i've read somewhere S2 will be back in the same time as v25 on console.

1 hour ago, SugoiPotato said:

I loved the Nightwave update and really enjoyed the new rewards system, it feels way more rewarding and cool than alerts were, but they also revealed a glaring issue.

Nightwaves take way more effort than regular alerts to pull, so every 10/11 weeks we have this hole where we can't earn anything an alert could reward.

I want to progress through my syndicates to get my stuff and in between getting the required standing and the credits I was going to rank up the steel meridian and I was reminded with a slap in the nuts that I need catalysts to progress through any syndicate, and without nightwaves, gift of the lotus or a wish upon a star, I am dead in the water and can't progress. I am also working to get the fluctus for the orb mother fight and I can't get it cause I'm locked from getting it. I also can't put a catalyst on the imperator to try to bootleg a build but I need a catalyst to use it on the ground, BUT I DON'T HAVE A CATALYST!

What I mean by this whole complaint-fest is that these things are too valuable (for builds, progression etc...) to completely vanish every time a nightwave goes away. You could always just buy them for plat, but I don't think that's something DE wants to happen and neither do you. You can also get nitain from sabotage missions if you find all the caches and the 7 chaos emeralds and channel all their power to boost the drop rate by 1%, it's just not reliable.

Maybe just bring back alerts for nitain and catalyst only when nightwaves are offline; or add it to other places where it would not pollute the drop tables and still be reliable, maybe the secret rooms in jupiter (or any other tileset)?

I guess you haven't progressed through all story quests since you have special missions for chance to get a catalyst daily but, maybe we can have alerts back, but as a daily alert/task to get them instead of only having them up for a few minutes to an hour

3 hours ago, 844448 said:

I guess you haven't progressed through all story quests since you have special missions for chance to get a catalyst daily but, maybe we can have alerts back, but as a daily alert/task to get them instead of only having them up for a few minutes to an hour

if i recall steve was talking either on the dev stream or his stream for jovian release about giving us nightwave like tasks for just something todo between seasons 

i recall it being said form where i haven't the foggiest 

They have been using Alerts during the break.

We still get Gifts of the Lotus, which have always been the primary source of free Catalysts/Reactors, and they've been running bonus gifts. We had the Hildyrn alt helmet just recently and before that there was a 10 Nitain alert. It was also mentioned that there will be gift alerts every weekend until NW season 2 is released.

My theory at this point is that the only reason we still don't have NW is because consoles need to be updated to have it (since DE wants NW to be active on all platforms simultaneously for some reason). And due to console certification costing both money and time they're probably waiting till Jovian Concord is ready for consoles (but NW might still be delayed until after the event ends on Console so they don't have to "manage" both the event and NW tasks at the same time).

Edited by trst

I think the only thing thats gone wrong with nightwave is this massive gap where we cant earn some of these consumables which are critical to some players progression. Knowing there might be a massive break between season one and season two (for whatever the reason may be) they should have done the decent thing and continue with season one for an extra two or three weeks to keep things ticking over.

9 minutes ago, trst said:

My theory at this point is that the only reason we still don't have NW is because consoles need to be updated to have it (since DE wants NW to be active on all platforms simultaneously for some reason). And due to console certification costing both money and time they're probably waiting till Jovian Concord is ready for consoles (but NW might still be delayed until after the event ends on Console so they don't have to "manage" both the event and NW tasks at the same time).

Also I doubt this is an issue as my son plays on the nintendo switch and he had access to nightwave season one so I am pretty sure nightwave was available on all platforms simultaneously. 

The only logical reason I've found for the removal of the Alert system was the use of bots.

The special alerts like Nightmare mods, Potatoes pr Exilus Adopters became a trivial fact of getting a ping on your phone or PC rather than encouraging people to play more. Yes they could and should have improved Alerts as a whole but they wouldn't have been able to remove the bot abuse that started to take place so they dumped it.

I don't think DE actually "planed" for a break between Nightwave either. They simply did what they always do. Come up short.

7 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

The only logical reason I've found for the removal of the Alert system was the use of bots.

It's not just that.  The Alert system was total RNG as to whatever got put up on alerts.  The problem with that is that for people who have limited play time there was a good chance that certain things were just unobtainable for them.  A great example is the Corrosive Projection aura, it's a super useful upgrade isn't it.  Well in the, oh I don't know, probably about a year that I was playing before Nightwave came out I was unable to obtain that aura because the RNG Alert for it only ever popped up when I was either at work or asleep.  Same for Vauban Systems.

After Nightwave I had all those things within two weeks.

So yeah, Nightwave is a great replacement for Alerts in every way.

Now, as for the downtime, yes it is a problem, yes there should be a way to get things like Potatoes and Nitain in the period between Nightwave seasons.  I'm sure DE are fully aware of this and I expect that there will be something to fix that for the period between Nightwave Season 2 & 3.  That thing should not be the return of the alert system.

Maybe something really simple like a couple of challenges in the Nightwave style that you can do X times that reward Nitain & Potatoes, not required, gets no standing or rep but gives you a way to earn those things in the downtime.

9 minutes ago, Uber.Munchkin said:

It's not just that.  The Alert system was total RNG as to whatever got put up on alerts.  The problem with that is that for people who have limited play time there was a good chance that certain things were just unobtainable for them.  A great example is the Corrosive Projection aura, it's a super useful upgrade isn't it.  Well in the, oh I don't know, probably about a year that I was playing before Nightwave came out I was unable to obtain that aura because the RNG Alert for it only ever popped up when I was either at work or asleep.  Same for Vauban Systems.

Vauban being on Alerts was dumb from the start just like being in nightwave is dumb.

Nightwave hurt Aura acquisition more than helped it. CP for one is very overrated but aside from that it spiked in purchase price to 40p at one point when the mod was pretty much free before hand. Players gave those Alert mods to other players because they were not of a limited supply as they are now. I had 10 Energy Siphons just sitting around that I sold for 35p a piece thanks to Nightwave. Would have had similar amount of CP but I gave them away.

You didn't really win anything from a Token system like Nightwave. Take out the RNG and invest twice the time. Thaty's how all token systems work. If someone didn't give you those Auras for free you could have done a few Vault runs in 30 min and bought all of them instead of the 2 weeks it took you to get them.

Potatoes are the same. If you had a bot to ping you compared to now the gains are roughly half. Not even counting the break. I have 90 Orokin Reactors just sitting around. This system was just designed to make everything limited and require the person to play instead of a quick 5 min log in and out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SugoiPotato said:

I don' really mind the nitain as much as I mind the catalysts and reactors, which is something I desperately need, but it feels S#&$ty to have to buy them.

Well Ninjas Play Free...but the game has to be paid for somehow...

Buying plat helps support DE and the game.

There is no good reason for the long delay between seasons. 

• As flawed as season 1 was, they could have made a few tweaks and let season 2 come out slightly less flawed - at least it would be something.
  • The alert code is still in game - certainly on xbox we still get alerts for either special items (like the ones after the last devstream) they could certainly have added back in regular alerts until season 2 is ready for release.
  • "the game has to paid for somehow" rings hollow when for 6 years they had an alert system that trickled out rewards and didn't bankrupt them.

I personally don't NEED any of the alert stuff, but I would be annoyed if I was a newer player.  But even I am getting short on Nitain I'm down to 31 or so left thanks to 12 Aura forma's burning through 120 of my reserves.  I rarely ran nitain alerts seeing as how having 150 seemed like a good stack given everything in the game prior to NW only required 170ish.

• Like 1

He vuelto hace poco a jugar con una cuenta nueva para vivir todos los cambios de primer momento introducidos llevo varios dias atascado con warframes y armas sin poder realizar por falta de nitan no me salen alertas como antiguamente que te ofrecia la oportunidad de conseguir 4 nitan por dia al igual que mods o cascos cosmeticos para warframes que ha pasado? Como se consiguen ahora? Esto en mi opinion arruina la experiencia de juego y el progreso de los tenno aparte informo hice la mison para el K-drive compre una tabla nueva y me desaparecio la de inicio. 

He reportado varias deficiencias en el juego por atascos y objetos desaparecidos no obtengo respuesta de hace una semana y con la otra cuenta 5 meses.

Dicen que hay sistema nuevo de alertas llevo dias jugando no veo nada Onda nocturna en mi opinion esta nueva version de adquirir objetos no deberia sustituir a las alertas pues estaba trabajando bien y de manera continua tendrian que a mi parecer trabajar las dos juntas o poner otra opcion eventos y ponen onda nocturna en eventos pero manteniendo las alertas sean un sistema independiente que ganas de estopear lo que ya funciona bien. La verdad que este sistema me enoja dan ganas de abandona el juego no puedes progresar en el el nitan es muy necesario para construir un monton de piezas ahora imposible. Mi consejo esta bien que mejoren y traigan contenido nuevo pero abstenganse de tocar lo que ya funciona y a echo de warframe un exito.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb SugoiPotato:

I don' really mind the nitain as much as I mind the catalysts and reactors, which is something I desperately need, but it feels S#&$ty to have to buy them.

You at least can buy what you need/want (catalysts, reactors). People like me that need over 30 Nitain to finish stuff are basically #*!%ed and have to wait

12 hours ago, SugoiPotato said:

Honestly, I figure that Nightwave shouldn't have awarded potatoes in the first place. I was happy to see them there because it meant easier potatoes for newbs and that's one of huge leaps in power. But I see now that it set up false expectations of ease, and they took up creds that would have been better spent elsewhere for the newbs. 

They should have been kept for GOTL rewards. 

It would suck for older players to have next to nothing to spend their creds on, but I understand now that when given free reins, people are prone to making bad decisions, and blaming others for the consequences of their poor choices. 

I have had a lot of reservations about Nightwaves, but it wasnt until now that I have had a problem. Don't get me wrong, Nora Night was a great addition, great aesthetic and a bit of nostalgia for me at least.

The Wolf of Saturn Six, while annoying at times when I was Leveling Up un-catalysted Weapons, he was a welcome challenge. Launching his cronies with Operator was pretty funny to do too.

but with all that good comes some bad. I knew from a development standpoint this was going to put more pressure on the artists and story board makers. Unlike Alerts which required little to no effort to maintain. These Nightwaves while vastly more engaging and entertaining involve an equal amount of work to make them so. So now we have little to no means of earning Nitain reliably.

"But you were warned far ahead of time that this would be the case" 

True, and while I personally saw none of these warnings I still responsibly planned ahead and bought up all the Nitain I could with my spare Wolf Creds before it ended. 

Then My Wife wanted to start Playing a week after it Ended. I thought to myself "Oh.. well shouldnt be a problem their gone as I've heard they should be back up a couple of weeks after they ended". She Progressed Fast, dedicating more time and effort than I expected from her, It made me proud of this game and especially of her. However now she wants to construct some things that require something she would have been able to at least farm once maybe twice a day if she was lucky had the Old Alert system been active. But because of the New way, she is still waiting for a Way to earn Nitain. 

I thought the Ghouls event would help, but as it turns out, and I admit this is a personal thing. She DID NOT like doing those Ghoul Bounties at all. And because of the time it came up and her progression. Among personal scheduling conflicts. And the fact that this was single handedly the fastest Ghouls invasion I have seen since it started(I can only Imagine why). she got No Nitain before it ended.

In the Future I recommend implementing the Old Alert system in the interim between Night Wave Seasons. Or something that helps alleviate the demand for Nitain. Even though I know this only Applies to VERY new players that start between them, I just want to make sure that the Devs are made aware that this issue has come up, and will very likely happen again if nothing is done.

You Do fantastic Work DE and I always look forward to what comes next. **Cough**Kirby Frame**Cough**

Edited by The_Mister