Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When do you call it quits on rerolling a Riven?

FemmeLxsbian

Question

So I've just recently gotten into Rivens and all of that stuff, and I've managed to get my hands on a Tombfinger riven, and a Dokrahm Zaw riven, my two favourite weapons.

Ideally I'd want something like CC/CD/DMG on the tombfinger, and AS/DMG/ on my Zaw since I don't have primed Fury. I'm mostly concerned with if I should stop rerolling my Tombfinger right now, imgur album with both rivens, or if it's a good enough roll to just keep it there and focus on rerolling my Zaw into what I'd like on that, even though the tombfinger one obviously isn't exactly what I want.

All help is much appreciated!

Sidenote, yes I know my tombfinger riven is for MR16, I'll be ranking up to that today.

16 answers to this question

It is up to you. Since they are modular I cant know the exact parts you have on and the stats, but I usually roll a riven with what I really need, obviously damage is always first and multishot too for guns, if the weapons can crit i would want to have cc or cd, usually Im fine with dmg cc/cd and a whatever possitive one like faction or even projectile speed, I want to get over 100% crit  on a crit weapons so it always trigger the crit damage, even at over 95% its still good crit chance. So if you plan to use the rivens andn ot sell them then tomb finger is fine for me, idk about the zaw as I only use plague ones so you gotta figure it out for yourself. if the weapons are usable then its fine not all weapons can melt everything they just need to enhance the stats and as long as they enhance the stats to more possitive values its okay, also it depends on what you plan to use, I see electricity on there whihch can be used for radiation which is a very commonly used dual elemental. If you feel like they need more rolling but are still usable somewhat as they are now they when you can get kuva roll them and hope for the best,

Don't ever go too hard into rolling a Riven. I will be the first to admit that some of my Rivens have brought me to literal Tears. It's important to just treat any given roll as another "Eh, let's try again", and don't invest too much emotionally into it. I'm not even joking there.

Remember. It's just a game. Games are suppose to be fun. If rolling a Riven is literally driving you into a Depression, then stop, take some time, and distance yourself from that Riven and any negative emotions tied into it for a little while. As long as you keep factors like that in check, you can Roll any given Riven as many times as you deem fit.

(The nice side effect of doing high rolls on a Riven mod though is its Endo returns go up as the rolls do, so if you're like me and roll a Pandero Riven, like, 90 times, eventually you have the option of giving up and cashing that thing in for, like 20k+ Endo.)

I usually stop rolling when I get a reasonable to good upgrade over other mod options.

I've gotten three perfect rolls in my time and sold two right away. Still have the third because I'm waiting on Melee Riven Disp changes. This is just my opinion but when the next best weapon is a patch or two away spending a lot of time rolling on a specific weapon feels wasteful. I would generally take the plat it's worth esp since Disposition changes are not parallel with a weapon's actual power and performance.

For me, it really depends on the price of the riven im rolling, and how in demand it is in the market. If i can buy an unrolled one cheaply, i will flip a riven with decent stats for a little plat, then buy another unrolled and start the cycle again.

Using this method of rolling and flipping, you can continuously roll rivens for your ever elusive god roll, all while increasing your plat in the process.

Its also wise to take the current roll into account. Think to yourself, what are the chances that you will get a better roll than you currently have. If those chances are slim, it might be wise to sell it, or simply settle for the current roll and use that if its a good enough upgrade over normal mods.

However, if the unrolled riven is very expensive, and / or i just get tired of sitting in trade chat trying to sell “good” rolls, i will keep rolling it until i get what i want.

Nowadays ive been getting more stubborn, thats for sure. For example, Ive rolled my Kohm rivens well over 300 times, im not giving up until i get what i want 🙂 

Edited by (PS4)SpIitSnake

I personally call quits on rolling a riven when it can replace 2 or 3 mods satisfactorily in my build.. like for example a riven with cd and attack speed will replace Organ shatter and primed fury.. freeing up one mod space ATLEAST, then I stop rolling it actively.

The only reason I'd roll it again is if I am in a rare position where I have nothing else to roll and got extra kuva (which is rare).. then I'll do some passive rolls to see if I can get improved stat numbers or something on it.. but thats not necessary :)

3 hours ago, Fellowearth said:

Ideally I'd want something like CC/CD/DMG on the tombfinger, and AS/DMG/ on my Zaw since I don't have primed Fury.

And theres your problem right there....

Don't aim for Perfect Roles.... only do that for your most absolute Favourite Weapons. 

For everything else I only suggest focusing on a single stat to make up for whatever that weapon os lacking.

In the case of Tombfinger just go for one of those things not all three... on mine all I wanted was Chance....

Im saving the frustrating perfect Roll for my Corinth Riven.

3 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

And theres your problem right there....

Don't aim for Perfect Roles.... only do that for your most absolute Favourite Weapons. 

The Dokrahm Zaw and the Tombfinger are both my favourite weapons, hence the 33 rerolls on my Dokrahm riven, with more to come for both of them.

I know I shouldn't be rerolling it over and over again in search of a minmaxed perfect roll, I just wanted to know if what I had already was good enough. If it's good, I won't waste Kuva trying to reroll it, and if it isn't I'll continue rerolling.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fellowearth said:

The Dokrahm Zaw and the Tombfinger are both my favourite weapons, hence the 33 rerolls on my Dokrahm riven, with more to come for both of them.

I know I shouldn't be rerolling it over and over again in search of a minmaxed perfect roll, I just wanted to know if what I had already was good enough. If it's good, I won't waste Kuva trying to reroll it, and if it isn't I'll continue rerolling.

Well then consider yourself lucky.... your Favourite weapons happen to be very strong....

My Corinth is Merely okay and I don't even have a riven for my Zakti 😞

Depends on how attached i am to the gun. IE i racked up 70 rolls on a kohm riven in under a week, some are even higher. Some i just stop as soon as i get something decent, like Scourge for instance. 

In general if i really like the gun i won't stop until i get the perfect roll I'm looking for with a harmless negative. Even if it takes 80/100 rolls or more. 

It also depends on what point of the game you're at. I can farm kuva with abandon cause that is the only thing i "need" so i dump kuva on rivens in 100k batches or so

Edited by Autongnosis

Well, my weapons fill a role, like a specific faction, a specific element for specific missions and so on.

I stop rerolling when the mod complements my goal, or i change the goal altogether depending on the stats as sometimes it may take way to long to make the weapon return to it's original goal.

For example, i used the rivens to try and balance arca plasmor into my gameplay, so i got more firerate, more ammo in the magazine and faster reload speed, all of that so that my gameplay doesn't halt, having damage is pointless if i can't shoot.

Again these are personal preferences, only the players that have both gameplay and learned the modding system will actually seek something usefull and this isn't always the case for all players, some lack gameplay and some never learned the modding system, in some rare cases, they lack both.

Ouch, that 99.9% Multishot instead of an even 100% disturbs me on a molecular level...

In seriousness, the CC/CD/MS and harmless negative is generally considered optimal for guns and melee rivens are kind of a wild card, but combo duration and range would be stuff I personally look for.

Overall I say these are perfectly viable rivens so unless you find Kuva farming fun, I wouldn't specifically grind kuva to reroll them.  Not to mention tomb finger might eat another riven nerf in a month or so.

Farm kuva - it becomes a habit. You forget about how much you have in stock/need.

If you roll - farm - roll - farm and have high hopes each time you roll, you literally setup yourself up for failure. Because those "God Rolls" are once in a blue moon.

For example this was my first riven - ever - in warframe. No rolls. https://imgur.com/qr5F42b

However I've been just as unlucky as some, about half of my rivens sit at a 'rolled' of 50. That's my 'limit'. Some players go into the hundreds, easily.