Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do people say Ash isn't a good invisibility frame?

OminousVortex

4 minutes ago, Toran said:

It all depends on what you want and what you got.

I use a a high duration/efficiency with Seeking Shuriken (strength don't matter for this) on Ash. It's a melee-heavy boss killer build with enough duration for convenient stealth.

Thanks to maxed out focus schools and void dashes, movement speed no longer matters to me.

For beginners however, Loki's still the best choice as you get similar stealth results at far lower costs in forma and mod levels.

When it comes to endgame (Fashion), Ash is my top choice.

43970271001_1568e6d0b3_h.jpg

Das nyce!  

What image hosting do you use.  I was an imgur guy but they are doing everything they can to stifle direct links.

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Its because Of Duration..... it always comes down to Duration.

Once you upgrade your Space Child with Naramon's mind Step it really doesn't matter.... He/She/It will travel faster than any Warframe....

In any case if being Invisible is literally the only criteria that matters then obviously Octavia wins in that regard.... she can stay inivisble Indefinitely..... 

I mean ivara can do the same thing with Cloak Arrow but for Octavia its just Simpler....

One way or another Both Loki and ash will have to Become visible again.... Octavia doesn't.

Although I will say in Ash's case it doesn't matter because Arcane Trickery was made specifically for Him...

Uhm.... you should try Ivara with Redeemer Prime.....

Bonus Stealth Damage....

Dang it.  I told you I had faith in you.  Thank you for not failing me.  😀

Only one small thing.  I think you meant Prowl instead of cloak arrow, but good post overall.  😎

There is also another aspect of Ivara using melee while in Prowl.  It's the headshot multiplier of Prowl.  And yes melee weapons can do headshots for those that didn't know. 

1 hour ago, OminousVortex said:

Which helmet is that?

Should be Tennogen Bai Hu.

Back to Original:

I actually think Ash's invisibility, if seen in a vacuum without Augments, is superior to Loki's - Loki's invis locks you out of many actions during its animation and it has a longer cast time. Ash can move when casting invis and fades faster. Their energy/sec of invis is basically the same on high eff builds anyway.

Loki's invis is only considered superior because it is on Loki, who has Decoy and Switch Teleport. Not to mention, a much more useful augment.

8 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Only one small thing.  I think you meant Prowl instead of cloak arrow, but good post overall.

Nope.... I mean Cloak Arrow....

To sustain Prowl you would have to use Energy Orbs or Sharpshooter.... neither of which are 100% Reliable from my experience for any war frame. Hence when you want Ivara to stay invisible.... Shoot Cloak Arrow.... deactavite Prowl then drop 5-7 Large Energy Pizzas..... 

8 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Nope.... I mean Cloak Arrow....

To sustain Prowl you would have to use Energy Orbs or Sharpshooter.... neither of which are 100% Reliable from my experience for any war frame. Hence when you want Ivara to stay invisible.... Shoot Cloak Arrow.... deactavite Prowl then drop 5-7 Large Energy Pizzas..... 

This is why high efficiency and large energy pool are important.  Getting the drain down to .25 and having energy pool of 744 (Primed Flow Hehe), and you can stay in Prowl for a full 30 to an hour (depending on how you play/move) without needing to top up again on energy.  

Of course this becomes a moot point when using the Rakta Cernos or other Rakta Weapons.  

Ash is probably the only other Stealth Frame that I like using.  This is because both him and Ivara are better at true stealth style gameplay than all the others. 

edit: He also has some awesome FashionFrame choices. 

Edited by DatDarkOne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

This is why high efficiency and large energy pool are important.  Getting the drain down to .25 and having energy pool of 744 (Primed Flow Hehe), and you can stay in Prowl for a full 30 to an hour (depending on how you play/move) without needing to top up again on energy.  

LoL.... and if Leech Eximus Enemies didn't exist that would be great. I've got Max Efficiency on My ivara.... it really doesn't last that long in practical scenarios.... especially if you want to use Artemis Bow....

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

Ash is probably the only other Stealth Frame that I like using.  This is because both him and Ivara are better at true stealth style gameplay than all the others. 

Oofff.... that Ash Farm.... can't believe I have to do that again.... 😞

15 hours ago, OminousVortex said:

Yes, when taking into consideration all the abilities, they are totally different frames with two different purposes. But I've heard a few reviewers comment that Loki's invisibility (specifically invisibility) was far superior to Ash. Strip away all the other abilities, there's very little difference between Smoke Screen and Loki's Invisibility.

A lot of people like loki's invisibility better because it lasts longer. It's that simple.

4 hours ago, Lutesque said:

LoL.... and if Leech Eximus Enemies didn't exist that would be great. I've got Max Efficiency on My ivara.... it really doesn't last that long in practical scenarios.... especially if you want to use Artemis Bow....

That's why you kill those mofos with extreme prejudice as soon as you see them.  

As for the Artemis and energy, that is one of the many reasons I don't like the Concentrated Arrow augment.  😀 

considering that Ash has Teleport and Fatal Teleport, Ash may very well be easier to use in a lethal Stealth situation, yes. while Loki more for avoiding Damage and applying CC.

i would rate Prowl as a functional replacement for Smokescreen or Invisibility if one is using the Infiltrate Augment. since you can go pretty fast with it.

without Infiltrate, your quick movement methods would be to mix Double Jumps, Rolling, Wall Jumps, and Aimgliding though, to be perfectly clear. the only things that are restricted is Sprinting and Bullet Jumping. definitely don't just spam Roll! that's a very slow way of moving. use all of the Parkour tools that aren't restricted!
outside of that, Dashwire is a useful Movement tool, depending on the shape of the Terrain.

17 hours ago, Aldain said:

Ash's invis is a bit more of an escape technique than a bypass one (Loki and Ivara) as it lacks the mods and utility effects of the others.

Smokescreen is literally the same thing as Invisibility, just with a shorter Duration, and Stuns Enemies within a tiny area around you.
the uh, Invisibility part of each, is literally the same.

so do tell, how one is an 'escape tool' or 'bypass tool', when the Abilities are almost identical.

4 hours ago, Lutesque said:

sounds like user error, as usual. i don't use Flow on Ivara, and i only use close to rather than max on the Efficiency curve and yet.... i can play a Survival and use Prowl & Artemis Bow w/ Concentrated Arrow the entire time and not run out of Energy.
well, both of them may get turned on and off here and there when i want to move faster (since i don't use Infiltrate and i feel neked without including Melee into Parkour). but that's more expensive than otherwise anyways since i then have to pay the Activation Costs again and again and again.

• Like 1

Stealth frames are one of the tumors of this game. Others being Mesa and Saryn of course. I have about 100 hours on Ivara. I find her extremely boring to play these days. Perma stealth completely takes away interaction with your environment, replacing it with avoidance. Aspects of Octavia and Ivara are horribly designed, which is why they hardly get any play despite being A+ tier. I'll see one of these frames every 30 or so public games. Most people just don't like hiding in a damn corner, perma-stealthed and afk. No surprises there.

Ash is much more interesting for endurance runs for his armor stripping. Ivara has to rely on weapons to strip armor. Overall Ash is probably the most interactive stealth frame, and very strong for endurance runs. I like his 4 as well, but I'm not sure how many people use him that way. 

Got an Ash cooking in the Foundry atm. I originally just wanted MR, but I might forma and potato him to have some fun.

Edited by Ikyr0

1 hour ago, Ikyr0 said:

Got an Ash cooking in the Foundry atm. I originally just wanted MR, but I might forma and potato him to have some fun.

He is worth it as a boss killer. One of the best for the job with seeking shuriken augment and 143% strength. An absolute beast now during Plague Star thanks to the extremely quick armor strip and the spammy/homing nature of his #1 to kill the trash.

I use Mag alot otherwise for most bosses but Ash is just far quicker when it comes to applying armor strip and you can do it while meleeing or shooting since it is one handed. And it comes with a nice bleed that can stack so very easily.

3 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

I'll see one of these frames every 30 or so public games.

Could be because they are mostly playing solo as to why you don't see them often.  😄

3 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

Ash is much more interesting for endurance runs for his armor stripping. Ivara has to rely on weapons to strip armor. Overall Ash is probably the most interactive stealth frame, and very strong for endurance runs. I like his 4 as well, but I'm not sure how many people use him that way.

You said the above and followed it with the following below.

3 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

Got an Ash cooking in the Foundry atm.

So my question is, how would you know that which I quoted if you don't even have him yet?  Hmmmm.

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Could be because they are mostly playing solo as to why you don't see them often.  😄

You said the above and followed it with the following below.

So my question is, how would you know that which I quoted if you don't even have him yet?  Hmmmm.

because it's common knowledge that's how he's played, smartass. I also looked up a bunch of builds and survival runs on the Youtubes.

46 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

because it's common knowledge that's how he's played, smartass. I also looked up a bunch of builds and survival runs on the Youtubes.

Seeing something being done is not the same as doing it yourself.  Saying you like doing something that you haven't tried yet is being disingenuous to yourself.   

20 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Seeing something being done is not the same as doing it yourself.  Saying you like doing something that you haven't tried yet is being disingenuous to yourself.   

completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Because people seem to forget that Abilities in this game doesn't have cooldowns so Ash can just literally recast his invis when it runs out. Plus if you use rolling guard on Ash, you can recast Smokescreen while being Invulnerable to damage.

Edited by (XB1)Angryspy101