Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Amps be mod-able?

Secondary Mods please.

I would love to slap my Primed Pistol Gambit and Primed Target Cracker on the Amp. Not to mention Lethal Torrent and Barrel Diffusion. Hornet Strike too.

Except DE will complain I deleted the Eidolon Shields even with no Void Strike.

So it's not gonna happen.

I would love that. Amp and operator modding actually, with dedicated mods.

The eidolon thing can be really easy to balance, just dont allow the eidolon to take modded damage from the amp and thats all, its not that hard TBH, just an if on the damage calculations for the eidolon.

If amps were modifiable, Warframes would have no reason to exist.  You could run around as an space wizard doing mountains of damage while teleporting and turning invisible.  If you happen to take enough damage to "kill you", you just teleport back to your frame and hit 1 button and are perfectly fine except for an unnoticeable debuff.

Amps  being moddable would probably defeat the purpose of them, which was to be able to throw in content where all of our weapons and potentially huge gaps in scaling/DPS are largely discarded in favor of a smaller sandbox, like the eidolon fights.

of course, amps and focus schools immediately revealed themselves to be WILDLY unbalanced against each other, so DE didn't exactly succeed very well on that front, either.

Yes, but absolutely no mods that increase DPS. Amp DPS is already fine as it is. Quality of life mods would be cool. Additionally, all the "convert 100% of Void damage into X elemental" Arcane Enhancements from Vox Solaris could all be converted to a mod.

Well, I'd love that DE may create mods specifically for Amp. But no damage Amp mod like base or elemental ones.

Instead, these mods should serve various utility for amp, for example Increasing Void projectile's flight speed and dmg fall-off range, further decreasing Amp energy drain, adding element (no damage bonus, but more damage type and status), decreasing self damage, increasing Operator's move speed while aiming, etc.

Amps are the most damaging weapons the game, if you look at their base damage.

Increasing that is pretty broken. But they should not be effected by multipliers like "Armor" or even "Cloned Flesh". The last one is particularly jarring.

Not exactly. They need to fix some really basic S#&$ first about Void damage before you think about modding.

A. Negative against cloned flesh (all grineer) and fossilized (iirc, ancients). I don't get this to this day and it's likely the most jarring and retarded S#&$ I've seen. Why not make all neutral. Void damage should perfectly be fitting to be true neutral. And the fact that it #*!%ing sucks when you start considering that, you know, grineer have ARMOR.

B. Arcane slots. And good god, why in the hell we have all these arcanes for 1 slot. Why in the god, damn, hell am i #*!%ing killing myself with my own amp if it's not doing void damage. AAAAAAAAHHHHH.

tldr; work on removing the retarded -50% on grineer, more arcane slot, and fix the #*!%ing bugs wont ya