Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just played my first Pursuit mission...What. Was. That.

Dawn_Hero

Question

Maxed my archgear with the mods I have (about 7 total). The ship was flying every and any direction it wanted. When it did finally stop I couldn't hold still enough to stop and shoot it. I finally catch up to it and get in front of it, stop boosting and turn around, but it zooms right past me again. What a nightmare. I'm just trying to level my archgear right now.

• Like 1

23 answers to this question

Just now, Dawn_Hero said:

Maxed my archgear with the mods I have (about 7 total). The ship was flying every and any direction it wanted. When it did finally stop I couldn't hold still enough to stop and shoot it. I finally catch up to it and get in front of it, stop boosting and turn around, but it zooms right past me again. What a nightmare. I'm just trying to level my archgear right now.

It gets easier with better gear/mods. the only reason to do the pursuit mission is to unlock the tile and never touch again. If you want to level Archwing and weapons better while also getting good mods, try the Arch-Mobile defense on either Neptune or Uranus. Usually you can find a Amesha user who can keep the points alive.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, (XB1)WhiteAngelWingz said:

Usually you can find a Amesha user who can keep the points alive.

Pfft. Amesha users. The fun is with Elytron. Got to drop them nukes!

OP, It gets better but this is truly forgotten content. The gear is primarily used for Profit Takers and open world.

OP that's the first of many dead content found around the star chart.

Worst part is there are some mods that are only available in those types of mission. (Rush & Pursuit)

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Apoleon_amarr said:

That mission is horrible, i hope railjack brings new life to archwing missions 

nothing is going to bring life into archwing mode at all. it just need a miracle and some good team focus on it.

Edited by ARAMN

Just forget about that experience. It’s the only pursuit node in the game. I’m at about 850 hours and never did that mode again after clearing it the first time. I like the other archwing missions, and it’s spectacular for use in open world maps, but pursuit is just an abomination. Best to merely pretend it never happened and move on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)SteveOMatic said:

That is hands down the worst mission in all of Warframe lol

I got some clanmates with good archwing gear to carry me through that and never touched it again.  I think I'm finally over the trauma now though to help others with it 🤣

Sadly this mission is not done with me yet.... It turns out this is one source for System Reroute and I need that mod for my Itzal.

1 hour ago, (PS4)SteveOMatic said:

That is hands down the worst mission in all of Warframe lol

Only by virtue of Archwing Corpus Defense being removed. As a fan of archwing (or rather, what potential archwing could have), that mission was nothing short of congealed failure

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Sadly this mission is not done with me yet.... It turns out this is one source for System Reroute and I need that mod for my Itzal.

That mod can also drop from Rush another... "interesting" archwing mission

On 2019-06-25 at 4:14 AM, Dawn_Hero said:

Most players have been there done that and know your pain.

Try to find / recruit a group, get friends to help, get clan mates to help.

For most players, once completed, that mission is rarely played again.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

On 2019-07-20 at 9:50 AM, Ham_Grenabe said:

Worst mission in the game. That’s what it was. 

DE better redo the entire archwing system before they introduce modular archwing. I forma most of my weapons and frame but never archwing or archweapon because all of those AW mission are horrible. Glide a modular archwing? yea right.

• Like 1

First time I did that mission I spent 30 minutes flying around it trying to stop it.

I finally gave up. One day I decide to hop into it again and this guy practically one shots it and ends the mission basically instantly.
Now I can do that as well.

If you're PC and need help you can message me. -_-

On 2019-06-24 at 9:18 PM, (XB1)WhiteAngelWingz said:

Usually you can find a Amesha user who can keep the points alive.

Wow was there ever a problem? Had a couple of missions on Salacia and never had an amesha in the squad, we were killing the mobs before they came to the defence objective.
I'm not trying to be cocky, just the first time I saw someone say that the mission can fail.Maybe I just got lucky with good teams.

Shoot the engine. the ship will stand still. once you done with that, shoot the small glowing parts to turn off the ships systems. Once you done with that protect it for a few minutes. Aand thats it

Keep in mind every archwing has a booster.

i don’t remember it to be as hard as what others mention

Edited by novalery

9 minutes ago, novalery said:

i don’t remember it to be as hard as what others mention

Well.... I mean. Did the Ship ever fly backwards for you ? Did it ever fly into an Asteroid and just stay there ? Preventing you from taking out its shields.....

Its not hard its just chock full of Bugs...

8 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Well.... I mean. Did the Ship ever fly backwards for you ? Did it ever fly into an Asteroid and just stay there ? Preventing you from taking out its shields.....

Its not hard its just chock full of Bugs...

I dunno. The ship usually didn’t fly very far when i played.

But i guess that could happen.

2 hours ago, novalery said:

I dunno. The ship usually didn’t fly very far when i played.

But i guess that could happen.

Yeah thats the best way to avoid all the bugs.... as soom as you load in Fly to the spawn point and take out the engine as soon as it shows up.... disabling it before its any where near any thing that could cause problems.