Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

thumpers...

Luciole77

Frankly, there is a lot more they can do on the plains. And if they had a kuva incursion between every ghouls. Fine by me. Though they really need to segment free roam from event roams.

Big nasty red striped thumper with hoses and the shields on its legs that only are down temporary with void damage.  Big chaingun on top manned by a jesters you temporarily disable. It could be quite a wild version. 

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 1

Eh don't keep your hope up. Even if they put Kuva in it, it's not gonna be an enjoyable run. These walking poops spawn randomly, are a nuisance to fight (if you tried famring Korrudo), buggy as hell (despawn suddenly when you're fighting it). And there is a timer between 2 thumpers spawn. No it's not gonna be a more efficient way to farm Kuva if that's what you're expecting.

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

- Go to PoE

- Equip AW

- Rush to the left

- Kill Thumper

- Go back to Cetus

- Repeat.

Takes like 3 minutes.

Don't forget Chroma, a sniper, Smeeta, a buddy on Nekros, and selecting a stage 5 bounty in Cetus to get the higher level Thumpers. 🙂 

Edited by Voltage

32 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Except it is a bounty reward.

I'll say it once more: Thumpers drops what you can find in the plains, kuva is not in the plains, bounty rewards are given by Konzu, not by the plains themselves

I would like Kuva survival to roam the planets as well...along side the normal Kuva missions  because I'm tired of the same map over and over again..with the exceptions of the Void and Jupiter, which even today six years later is still a joy to move around in...

As for the Thumpers..I'm not opposed to them tossing out some kuva unlike some on the forums who just say no to say no... just on the fact on how boring and uninspired the Kuva fortress is....Though If De doesn't add Kuva to its drop table I would still like larger and tougher variants bordering on day time eidolons dropping something of value beyond POE resources...But that's just on general principle that I feel large open world that have no real RPG elements should then instead be populated with massive beasts to be enjoyed in battle in the place of that lacking NPC/adventure content...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

42 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I'll say it once more: Thumpers drops what you can find in the plains, kuva is not in the plains, bounty rewards are given by Konzu, not by the plains themselves

You don't typically find kuva anywhere anyway. If it's a special thumper, and designated times, why not have a kuva flood type thing with a special thumper.

Kuva wise I just wish they would replace the Endo drops on the Kuva Fortress with Kuva. It makes as much sense that the Grineer there would be carrying Kuva around in their pockets as much as it makes sense that every enemy in the solar system would be carrying around the magical gel that is used for all mod leveling (Endo) around in their pockets so there is literally no logical reasoning why they shouldn't and it means I (and by proxy others) could play varying missions when the Kuva Alerts run out instead of being locked into Kuva Survival. 

As far as Thumpers go...... the only problem I have with those chuckle heccs is when you have blown all but one of their targets and it becomes a battle of who can circle strafe harder for like 5min of "LOL NO! my target is on the other side now~", I'm not the biggest fan of mechanics that make me audibly verbalize "Could you don't" at my screen. That said I got the weapon drop finally so at the very least I can go back to giving absoloutly zero heccs that they exist. 

Edited by Oreades

1 hour ago, Firetempest said:

You don't typically find kuva anywhere anyway. If it's a special thumper, and designated times, why not have a kuva flood type thing with a special thumper.

& why would kuva be on the plains in the first place? Kuva is used for the Queens, as far as I know the Queens don't really care about Earth :/

The only reason there's kuva on Earth is when they're harvesting it with the siphons, so unless they make a thumper that harvests kuva.., but why only one then when they already have plenty of Grineer troops in the area.., nah sorry but I don't think this will ever happen, knowing how DE works, even on a gameplay point

2 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

And there is a timer between 2 thumpers spawn

You mean the joke of a timer that ends by the time you finish the first one? If I had a nickel how many back to back thumpers I killed during Plague Star I would be rich.

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

& why would kuva be on the plains in the first place? Kuva is used for the Queens, as far as I know the Queens don't really care about Earth 😕

The only reason there's kuva on Earth is when they're harvesting it with the siphons, so unless they make a thumper that harvests kuva.., but why only one then when they already have plenty of Grineer troops in the area.., nah sorry but I don't think this will ever happen, knowing how DE works, even on a gameplay point

Logical correction, Kuva exists everywhere that's why they have to go to locations far and wide to harvest it and the reason it is there isn't because they are harvesting it, they are harvesting it because it is there. The Kuva exists in quantities first, the Grineer simply come in after the fact or at least that is the methodology that DE decided to roll with when they added the siphon missions. So they could technically put Kuva in virtually any drop table without violating the thematic rules that they set up for Kuva, as Kuva is literally everywhere. 

That said I kinda agree that it is unlikely that they would but again not for thematic reasons. Kuva is one of their last hooks and they want it to stay controllable which is why they haven't added it to drop tables. The methodology as to why the restricted it to missions with hard timer intervals is because they can control with much greater certainty the pace at which people accumulate Kuva. With both the Siphon Alerts and the Endless Survival there are hard limits on how much you can get over a fixed period of time. They can actually sit down and say "X is the maximum amount of Kuva all things considered (boosters, Kavats, etc) that any player can possibly get within Y time" they can't say that if they pushed it as an RNG drop. 

1 hour ago, Firetempest said:

11 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

& why would kuva be on the plains in the first place? Kuva is used for the Queens, as far as I know the Queens don't really care about Earth 😕

The Unum (the Tower) either produces its own Kuva or is just filled with it. It's the entire reason the Eidolons tried to attack the tower in the first place; they realized the Kuva could be used to restore their bodies.

It explains why bounty rewards include Kuva but wouldn't explain why the Grineer would have Tusks filled with it as their entire problem is that they can't enter the town or access the tower.

well we can't have the thumper dropping kuva they aren't from the earth, these kuva aren't in the soil for they are floating around in air, space, or on other planet because the Teshin believed that these orokin might be still alive looking for body to hosted on.

It is better for the dev up the reward for kuva fort survival for WE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE 200 KUVA ADDED MORE TO IT PLEASE!  I've discover farming kuva with in an 1 you'll get about 6k of kuva and not enough when we spend kuva like huge amount into 1 riven mod, even the double booster its still not enough for it as 12k.

Weird Logic:

Kuva siphon get more then air support that sucking the kuva (Wat?)

4 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Keep saying....dont make diference to me. You are not a developer. Simple isnt?