The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe CGI Trailer Discussion

10 minutes ago, 40PE said:

Hi,

Thx for info/correction.

Still it does looks like Eidolon to me, with some changes. It must be part of Earth, would be surprised if another planet in the same system. Or completely different solar system/galaxy.

So Dax soldiers are like Quill TESHIN just from Conclave? Don't see any reference on wiki for them specifically yet.

FTFY :d

1 hour ago, 40PE said:

Let's break the trailer down:

-Plains of Eidolon fighting.
-We see some unknown human female (Not a tenno thats for sure)
-We see Volt attacking a Quill for some reason. Also that part seems like all enemies are frozen in time, they don't move, while Volt moves fast and uses its skills
-Some big ship in the same Volt scene in the background (dunno what that, doesn't seem like a landing ship from Plains but I can be wrong)
UPDATE: -Grineer enemies, but I can't identify the enemy Grineer type at 0:09 Sec.

Anything else I'm missing?

IT does kinda look like a similar(ish) climate at least in the open area tho the Grineer definitely look like they are in some sort of swamp 

Like someone else pointed out it's definitely a Dax and I don't think the others are frozen I think that they are just shown as being really really slow because Volt is supposed to be going really really fast. 

Not sure about the ship I really can't make it out too much fuzz.

A lot of people seem to be leaning towards a reboot of Vors Prize because of the three statues of the starter Warframes, I still don't believe that because there would be a lot of redacting they would need to do to make that work. Not that DE isn't familiar with retcon but Vores Prize is a pretty solid quest and they would be dumping people into a lot of the lore of the game right off the bat when the shtick to this point has been *spooky noises* "piece together what's happening" 

Given the presence of the Dax (Unless DE is using them in some arts flashback to the Old War) my personal speculation is this is a Preview of the Plains of Drakiri or whatever the zone they where pitching a few devstreams ago that has the remnants of the Orokin in it. Because that is where I would think that you would find Dax troops in modern times. 

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

That was a Dax, of Teshin's Rank. The hat was concave on top, like a Kappa, not Convex like a Quills hat.

Guess the Quills were led astray, they forgot the Concave hats.

So a hat for Conclave isn't concave, and a hat for Quills always spills?

:clem:

Edited by DaftMeat

Actually now I've started to wonder, given all the Dax/Quill talk. 

If the Quills aren't just the Unums failed attempt to create new Dax soldiers and not having all of the "this is how it's done" user manuals that it should, nor the resources to propperly outfit them. So the Quills are just "daxing" as hard as they can with the resources they have on hand and whatever brain damage the tower has caused because it's just Daxing wrong. 

hace 2 horas, 40PE dijo:

Still it does looks like Eidolon to me, with some changes. It must be part of Earth, would be surprised if another planet in the same system. Or completely different solar system/galaxy.

Well, we have to remember this thing has to do with new player experience so it's definitely Earth, now yes it does seems like some kind of plains but is not from eidolon, because the grass is green and eidolon is more like brown i think and we are supposed to discover POE while we visit cetus, it wouldn't make much sense starting there.

hace 2 horas, 40PE dijo:

So Dax soldiers are like Quill just from Conclave? Don't see any reference on wiki for them specifically yet.

Don't know how much Dax soldiers have to do with Conclave, but if you are looking for Lore about them Simaris has some information, they are basically the army of the orokin, if you look close you will see that he has those golden legs of Tenshin, i saw 1 nikana and his hat is similar to isaac's hat (which he was a Dax soldier too).

Edited by (PS4)cazazombies245

The scene remind me of 'Ghouls' Comic... Although I don't remember if Volt being there or not... But IIRC Volt should not be there... Only Mag and Excalibur.

As for Dax Soidiers... IDK, but if Tenshin is still alive, I think there should be more... Or Grineer can clone Dax Soldiers now...

chit chat about got better view seeing which this guy was chatting about the movie warframe thing

So basically it seems that we see some dax soldier attacking excal and obvious we see the grineer shooting as always.  So I am guessing these dax soldiers are following someone order for its not so on stuff.  Another view of point is that lady who run up to the unmoving warframe which mag, volt and excal for it seems to be they are just frozen there in time which in theories while she run up to the frame she use some sort energy to revived the frame back some life in them for "guessing theory" by getting chance looking at it the grineer seems probably is chasing her because probably they wanted her to give energy power or some sort of source of power giving the grineer awaken abilities or for they believed or either they want her to try enslave the warframe as so on stuff.

This would explain lore that perspectives view for there is only few tennos and their own lore fitting in without alter the timeline they had must of thought of it 1st in guessing.  One thing I am surprised is why the lotus isn't there helping the lady who just gave the energy to the frames unless that is pose to be Lotus...or soon new Lotus...🤣

tenor.gif

if it is the dev is planning replace lotus with different one who will take up as lotus...well...I got no $##! to say for that would leave me speechless.  Anyway not to think about it, if this lady has the power to awaken warframe for just think about what she really can do with her power for it could be same as the tenno children.

9 minutes ago, Midas said:

how about no guides? Sick of being guided like I cannot already burn the house down with a touch of my keyboard.

Lotus always have to play a role or either wise its not how it goes.  Lotus always keep on blabbing about during the mission survival for there is someone is gathering/stealing stuff or getting stuff every flipping 5 min for its better to know who it is as we could figure out what is really going on.  I don't exspect our own fellow tennos do the extra side jobs while the main version remain diversion, so its better to see what the little movie they made and hopefully it will clearly the lore about wtf is going on.

I say its just a marketing thing which doesnt have to be in the lore, just hype hype hype and then go inside the game and you dont know what it ment. maybe will have answers next year quest or in a few or when lore means something in this game

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-07-05 at 8:23 PM, Lazarow said:

I say its just a marketing thing which doesnt have to be in the lore, just hype hype hype and then go inside the game and you dont know what it ment. maybe will have answers next year quest or in a few or when lore means something in this game

Well if u think about it a bit.....this is the new player cinematic, and from what i understand from this clip...this might be a flash back from "the old war" if u look the grineers have that orokin patern on theyr armor and that girl ofc is the operator and it dose look like PoE but from that time.

3 minutes ago, fataldmg said:

Well if u think about it a bit.....this is the new player cinematic, and from what i understand from this clip...this might be a flash back from "the old war" if u look the grineers have that orokin patern on theyr armor and that girl ofc is the operator and it dose look like PoE but from that time.

okay but if that girl is your operator and then make a guy then how does that fit in the lore, you think you a girl and then you can make whatever you want. The rst of the points do make logic

6 hours ago, Lazarow said:

okay but if that girl is your operator and then make a guy then how does that fit in the lore, you think you a girl and then you can make whatever you want. The rst of the points do make logic

Well i never said its your operator....may be is one of  the operators in the story there are more then 1 child with the power to control warframe.....the idea is new players don`t know what is with that girl...why she vanishes....why the warframe gets back to life for new players this will be just an awesome intro of the game later realizing what was this all about :). That`s just my opinion.

Edited by fataldmg

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else been seeing a shorter version of the cinematic intro being played as a youtube advert? It's basically a much shorter version of the cinematic and includes mainly the parts with excal mag and volt with "this is what you are" playing over the top? Or am I just imagining things?

14 minutes ago, Andy0432 said:

Has anyone else been seeing a shorter version of the cinematic intro being played as a youtube advert? It's basically a much shorter version of the cinematic and includes mainly the parts with excal mag and volt with "this is what you are" playing over the top? Or am I just imagining things?

No, I have too. Or I was, seems to have been rotated out by now.

9 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

No, I have too. Or I was, seems to have been rotated out by now.

Haha thought I was going crazy. Its been a while since I last saw it too but I can't that version anywhere!? The full cinematic intro was awesome but the shorter version seemed a lot more action-packed and got me hyped up every time I saw it... which is why I wanted to find it.