Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe CGI Trailer Discussion

8 minutes ago, Lemonade_Joe said:

How about posting it on internet so people all around world can watch it in decent quality and not just people in USA?!!!

Because they will show the full thing at tennocon anyways. So here your "people around the wold watch in decent quality", you will have to wait until saturday.

Also this is a marketing tactic to show their game to those who dont know of it.

Show it at the Internet, where only those that know about the game will see, or post it as one of the teasers in the Infinity Saga's Epilogue Film of the MCU that will have millions that are likely not part of your playerbase see and spark curiosity.

Edited by Kaotyke
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lemonade_Joe said:

How about posting it on internet so people all around world can watch it in decent quality and not just people in USA?!!!

Because it's going to be a Tennocon reveal Sooooo ya'll gets to watch it in not cellphone quality in 3 days. 

Also if you think I'm going to spend money to watch some lame spiderman movie because there is a Warframe ad I'm passingly interested in, you my friend are sadly mistaken 😛

Edit: Hmmm actually watching the trailer it has Mysterio.... might actually be semi decent, still gonna wait for Blueray. 

Edited by Oreades

8 hours ago, Logan_Burns2 said:

At first, I didn't understand why the Volt wiped out that Dax soldier AND THEN put a shield in front of him and electrified it, but now that I think about it, there are two possibilities.

1) This trailer showcases the beginning of the Tenno rebellion against the Orokin empire.

Or

2) That Volt was actually trying to save that Dax by immobilising him and shielding him from something like bullets, and if this is the case, then I believe this Dax might actually be Teshin.

Doesn't volts shield amplify damage, that is why he put the shield first, that is what I thought at first, idk 

4 hours ago, Dark_Lugia said:

are you referring to this trailer/teaser?

Reveal hidden contents

There are already a few discussions about it (using the search bar will show them to you)

I wish planis looked liked that it annoys me how some NPC say there are actual clades living in the plains but when you go there are only grineer and eidolons

Edited by prodi1600

On 2019-07-01 at 7:46 PM, Letter13 said:

Something from TennoCon is being shown in the previews. 

Previews in a movie theater.

Where previews are usually for upcoming movies.

... I wonder what this could mean.

HMMM. That would be crazy!

23 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

The trailer would matter if the game itself was anything like that trailer. But it isn't. It's just a cinematic trailer that doesn't accurately reflect the gameplay. And so, it has no bearing whatsoever on gameplay. This kind of effort doesn't actually improve the game. It's a waste of time.

More new players from ads = more money for DE = more content + longer lifespan

13 hours ago, Zerost said:

Volt fighiting a dax solider, is a reference to the OLD war 

Actually, the Tenno fough alongside the Orokin in the Old War.

This is likely The Colapse, when the Tenno rebeled against the Orokin.

Maybe that girl we saw in the trailer was Margulis, and she was running away from Orokin Execu-

Wait, hold on. *flips through giant Warframe lore book* That doesn't sound right.

Hmmm... Maybe she's the first Operator to successfully link with a Warframe surrogate, and she's escaping the experiments of the Orokin to test out her powers.

WAIT. If the Warframes aren't being iced to sleep in this trailer, then what happens to Defense missions? 

*flips some more* C'mon, there's gotta be something...

Damn, I've got nothing. 

HOLD ON. I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING. 

What if the statues are a memorial of the once great Warframes, and the game we're playing right now is the result of that Operator's dream? A dream where the Warframes are depicted as god-heroes, restoring balance to the Origin System?

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Actually, the Tenno fough alongside the Orokin in the Old War.

This is likely The Colapse, when the Tenno rebeled against the Orokin.

Maybe we will hear drums...perhaps the starter frames...are the survivors?

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

6 hours ago, clxrffdman said:

More new players from ads = more money for DE = more content + longer lifespan

Except DE has advertised for six years, has brought in more money and more players, and yet still hasn't improved core gameplay elements like core movement (running/sprinting/walking animations) and gunplay mechanics (how we shoot and how we move while shooting). And the best way for DE to do that is to bring on more talented developers who have skills in those areas. Some of the money they bring in could go towards that.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

10 часов назад, Kaotyke сказал:

Show it at the Internet, where only those that know about the game will see, or post it as one of the teasers in the Infinity Saga's Epilogue Film of the MCU that will have millions that are likely not part of your playerbase see and spark curiosity.

I suspect it is for the players who show up on big updates. Then, as you said, an attempt to attract new ones. And a “oh no, you can not see what Santa brought you, only on the morning” tease for the old players.

“Selected theaters” in USA.

Those who came to theaters, came to see the movie and WF teaser is just one of many advertisements. Pretty, but as informative as the game itself for a new player ;).

Moderators changed the name of this topic, merged the threads and yet, the link to the leak is still here. Hmm.

Or maybe it’s just me on 3 hours of sleep.

14 hours ago, carbman95 said:

Doesn't volts shield amplify damage, that is why he put the shield first, that is what I thought at first, idk 

Yeh but why put the shield in front of that Dax soldier and then jump away from the shield's cover? I also notice that the Excalibur next to the Dax was fighting ALONGSIDE the Dax, rather than against him, so I am thinking this Volt saved this Dax, and this is probably footage of the old war. Just my speculation, but it makes sense I think. 

13 minutes ago, Logan_Burns2 said:

Yeh but why put the shield in front of that Dax soldier and then jump away from the shield's cover? I also notice that the Excalibur next to the Dax was fighting ALONGSIDE the Dax, rather than against him, so I am thinking this Volt saved this Dax, and this is probably footage of the old war. Just my speculation, but it makes sense I think. 

Ofr the dax was going to attack Excalibur from behind.

I mean, this happens all the time with Power Fists, Prod Crewmen, infested...

Ofr the dax was going to attack Excalibur from behind.

I mean, this happens all the time with Power Fists, Prod Crewmen, infested...

There were multiple Dax in that shot, not just one. The other Dax didn't attack the Excalibur, but was behind him while he was using a Braton. Volt only immobilised and shielded one of the Dax in this shot. I think the Tenno were still fighting alongside Dax in that shot.

2 minutes ago, Logan_Burns2 said:

There were multiple Dax in that shot, not just one. The other Dax didn't attack the Excalibur, but was behind him while he was using a Braton. Volt only immobilised and shielded one of the Dax in this shot. I think the Tenno were still fighting alongside Dax in that shot.

Nothing was moving in that shot aside from Volt. And I said "Going to". We run around with our blades in their scabbards, Teshin's battle in TWW was the same, only taking the sword out of strike.

And great way to shield a person, by stripping them at Flash speeds so they do a 360º spin in the air, put a shield in front of him and shot lightining at him, which goes through said shield and amplifies damage. I'm sure he was using Shocking Touch and the tripping was just a prank.

Volt the Prankster, heh.

Other Dax: “WTF!”

Tripped Dax: “Ouch!”

Volt: “I thought he was a mimic, I swear!”

OD: “Ah, ok then.”

TD: “Keep that idiot away from me.”

Excalibro Mimic: “That was a c105e 1”.

Edit: Tripped Dax = TD = Teshin Dax

Edited by rand0mname

Nothing was moving in that shot aside from Volt. And I said "Going to". We run around with our blades in their scabbards, Teshin's battle in TWW was the same, only taking the sword out of strike.

And great way to shield a person, by stripping them at Flash speeds so they do a 360º spin in the air, put a shield in front of him and shot lightining at him, which goes through said shield and amplifies damage. I'm sure he was using Shocking Touch and the tripping was just a prank.

Ok, well a lot of things are very inaccurate to gameplay in this trailer, for instance, I don't think Volt's shock went through the shield in the trailer. I do know how the game works 😛

Volt tripped the Dax to immobilise him and then placed a shield in front of him. If Volt hadn't immobilised him, he would've ran through the shield into the oncoming hail of bullets before he realised. I'm not saying I KNOW for certain what's going on in the trailer, but I don't think this showcases the Tenno rebellion just yet.

This is a good step in the right direction when it comes to getting their game out in the public even more. (not that warframe needs it. I love this community  already) It would be cool to get like 5 minute long cgi mini movies with each major expansion. The old republic for example has always done this. Not to mention its just pure awesomeness!