Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1 Away from Eidolon Ephemera and Won't Get It

1 minute ago, (PS4)SkitterMcKitters said:

I came in late to Nightwave but still had a chance to get the Eidolon Ephemera. 

I did all catchup challenges and every weekly challenge since last week's, now I'm at 14/15 and can't get the Ephemera bc Nightwave resets tomorrow. RIP me, insert gargantuan sad face here. 

Try and run some missions and hope the Saturn Six Fugitives come running through.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)SkitterMcKitters said:

I came in late to Nightwave but still had a chance to get the Eidolon Ephemera. 

I did all catchup challenges and every weekly challenge since last week's, now I'm at 14/15 and can't get the Ephemera bc Nightwave resets tomorrow. RIP me, insert gargantuan sad face here. 

Nothing else is showing up?  I thought the catch up mechanic worked for all challenges from the start of the intermission. I was getting challenges from a couple weeks ago once I cleared everything. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Try and run some missions and hope the Saturn Six Fugitives come running through.

The Wolf of Saturn Six is long gone and over, there are no more fugitives randomly spawning in missions and the Wolf Creds is a different currency from Nora Creds so you can't use it in the current Nightwave shop.

As for OP, if it makes you feel better...the Eidolon Ephemera will be available again but no one knows how it will be attainable in the future 🙁
And I'm not sure how the "Catch Up" mechanic works but AFAIK if you completed all the challenges for this week, it will show you last week's challenges, clear those up and it will show you last, last weeks challenges, allowing you to pretty much do all of the season's challenges.

Recovery bounties are buggy at the moment, I'm stuck at rank 12 with 3 glitched recovery bounties marked as completed yet I never did them, with all three slots bugged it's impossible for me to rank up. Check your completed bounties and you'll probably find you ended up in the same situation. Support is aware of the issue and is working on it, but given the small window of time left it seems unlikely a fix will be ready. We'll probably have to wait either a few months or years for it to come around again.

59 minutes ago, Bioness said:

There will always be people who are close but won't have enough time or objectives done. It is unfortunate, but it is impossible to make something where this isn't the case.

Not impossible at all, just stop trying to make your playerbase jump through hoops with timed events.

Myself, not only did I miss plague star after waiting two years for it, but I also came back way too late to progress far enough into intermission.

In a game that’s starved for content, limited time modes are inappropriate.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Not impossible at all, just stop trying to make your playerbase jump through hoops with timed events.

Myself, not only did I miss plague star after waiting two years for it, but I also came back way too late to progress far enough into intermission.

In a game that’s starved for content, limited time modes are inappropriate.

This thinking works until you enter logic into the mix. Can you imagine the server space and level of maintenance required for having all events live at all times? Not to mention that it would likely overwhelm a lot of players.

This isn’t a paid game. It’s a free game that requires support through payments for rushing / cosmetics etc. If you don’t create hype and you don’t create scenarios whereby people feel rushed or time limited, you impact on profits. It’s timed events or hard to farm relics which push people to buy platinum to speed up or skip the process.

Ultimately these timed events are a necessary part of a free to play game. Without them and other factors, we’d all be either playing another game or having to pay a monthly subscription. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't worry about it too much, you will still have a chance to get the Eidolon Ephemera later. Nightwave rewards are never gone forever, the devs said they will add them at some point.

Also to be quite honest, the Eidolon Ephemera is nothing special, its actually my least favorite Ephemera. All it does is make the ground behind you glow a bit when you are walking or running. However it has no effect when your standing or bullet jumping, which means you won't be able to see it often unless your sprinting. 

If your just looking for a Ephemera, I personally think the Fae Path Ephemera is much better. Plus you get it for free if you enable Two-Factor Authentication.

Edited by WH1735S0W
I miss spelled "wouldn't"

9 minutes ago, WH1735S0W said:

I wouldn't worry about it too much, you will still have a chance to get the Eidolon Ephemera later. Nightwave rewards are never gone forever, the devs said they will add them at some point.

Yeah and either way, the announcement post for Intermission specifically asterisk'd the Eidolon Ephemera with a ( will not be exclusive to Intermission ) note. So I wouldn't worry too much about it OP.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mez999 said:

This thinking works until you enter logic into the mix. Can you imagine the server space and level of maintenance required for having all events live at all times? Not to mention that it would likely overwhelm a lot of players.

This isn’t a paid game. It’s a free game that requires support through payments for rushing / cosmetics etc. If you don’t create hype and you don’t create scenarios whereby people feel rushed or time limited, you impact on profits. It’s timed events or hard to farm relics which push people to buy platinum to speed up or skip the process.

Ultimately these timed events are a necessary part of a free to play game. Without them and other factors, we’d all be either playing another game or having to pay a monthly subscription. 

Or warframe would have a larger playerbase that wasn’t complaining about the lack of content.

• Like 1

Don’t worry about it as the Eidolon Ephemera is not exclusive to this exact Intermission. Step ephemeras aren’t even the “cherry on top” or “icing on the cake” of fashion frame. They’re literally underwhelming and you barely see them during gameplay. 

Why is there so much talking about this "catch-up mechanic" but everytime, people say they are not sure, or they don't quite know, etc...? Are we even sure there IS a catch-up mechanic? Are we even SURE this term has been said by DE, and we didn't invent it?

9 minutes ago, Pyromaniaque said:

Why is there so much talking about this "catch-up mechanic" but everytime, people say they are not sure, or they don't quite know, etc...? Are we even sure there IS a catch-up mechanic? Are we even SURE this term has been said by DE, and we didn't invent it?

• Nightwave: Intermission also brings a chunk of our planned Nightwave changes based on great feedback that were posted in the Dev Workshop, with the exception of ‘New Acts’, as we’re saving those for Series 2! The changes going live include:
  1. Playing Catch-Up: Stored, Missed Acts!
    1. When both Weekly and Elite Weekly Acts are completed for a week, a ‘missed’ Act, 3 at a time, from a previous week will be available to play and complete. Once you have completed all ‘missed’ Acts, they will no longer appear, only to be refreshed in the next week’s rotation.

Idek, seems pretty straightforward isnt it?

17 minutes ago, Pyromaniaque said:

Yes there is. I was able to finish this Intermission, although I only started this Monday. It let me do "weekly challenges" of the weeks before.

Seems like DE over complicated their catch-up mechanic, I kinda hope that before S2 comes out they take a long hard look at Fortnite. Cause while Epic might not be able to code a storefront to save their lives.... their weekly challenges just work. 

18 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Or warframe would have a larger playerbase that wasn’t complaining about the lack of content.

A permanent static event eventually becomes nothing. People only care about them specifically because they aren't around all the time. There's no reason to do them after you get what you want from them.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

A permanent static event eventually becomes nothing. People only care about them specifically because they aren't around all the time. There's no reason to do them after you get what you want from them.

Yeah you’re talking about a single event.

I’m talking about all of the timed events being worked into the game.

You have no right dictating what that would be like to me, because it’s unprecedented.

The consistent feedback you read about warframe is that there’s nothing to do, the game lacks content.

Seems beyond stupid that we HAVE a lot more content, but like with plague star we only open it up for a week every two years.

Just so arbitrary.