The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Passive Khora Dangle Domes....

Lutesque

So at first I thought it was just a one time thing but it happened again...

Khora player sets up multiple gigantic Domes in the enemies path..... and then... get this.... DOES NOTHING !!!

The enemies get caught in the domes.... just dangling there.... stalling the defense mission.... 😞

Khora... Please. WHIP YOUR GOD DAMN DOMES !!! 

from the wiki:

• Synergy: If at least one enemy captured by Strangledome is hit by Whipclaw130xDark.png Whipclaw, all other enemies in the same dome will each receive 50% total damage. Additionally, Whipclaw's Critical Chance and Status Chance will reroll on each enemy separately.

If you want il even drop some energy restores for if that helps things move along. 

• Like 4

Hmm, dropping them in the travel paths and forgetting them does get annoying, if I ever drop mine and leave them up I am normally dropping them on the defense pod and then moving around killing enemies that are not caught before returning to the dome to clean up stragglers that have been caught and not murdered with severe overkill by teammates.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

People actually use Strangle Dome when Accumulating Whipclaw build exists?

Sometimes. It's another tool in the toolbox. 

It's probably Khora's least useful skill, but it has a place and there are situations where deploying it is to her advantage. 

Khora mostly ranges around and simply kills stuff. Her usual schtick is "see enemy, whip enemy". This transitions to "see lots of enemies, ensnare, whip lots of enemies." It also is preferable when enemy level gets into three digits. 

Strangledome is usually something Khora will only use when an objective has to be defended and she has to be somewhere else. Sometimes Venari can be tapped to defend, but SD is hard CC and anything caught up in the 'dome isn't going to cause trouble. The goal is area denial, not damage output (even though it does buff damage). That's where this ability fits in. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (NSW)Lunavay said:

They may not have the energy to whip the enemies if it's build for high strength and range. But the enemies should die fast in this case even without whipping.

They don't though.... I've seen everything from Hyekka's to Heavy Gunners get yanked into a crevice by the dome and their health just remains fixed... then I have to kill them one at a time.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Well it did recently get an augment.... also you can only fit so many augments into one build 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ahniar said:

It's a skill that not many people actually understand... Maybe because we don't see that many Khora's running around... At least from my perspective.

Considering how difficult she is to earn in game, that is probably an accurate statement.

I play a lot of Khora and invested a lot of time and energy to min max her, let me tell you something, there are more than one way to play her, when properly built. 

The whipclaw dome synargy is great and if that's what you want to play and if that's how your build is made, more power to you. 

I am a lazy Khora, these days I focus more on doing less and less. I built my Khora keeping that in mind. I have very high range and strength but very low efficiency. So whipclawing isn't an option, but with that much damage, I kill everything in kuva surv upto 40mins at ease. 

Obviously if some low strength Khora keeps dangling enemies instead of killing then that can get annoying. You just need to play along and think shooting strangled enemies as a mini game

😄

Edited by MR9BCI

16 minutes ago, MR9BCI said:

I play a lot of Khora and invested a lot of time and energy to min max her, let me tell you something, there are more than one way to play her, when properly built. 

The whipclaw dome synargy is great and if that's what you want to play and if that's how your build is made, more power to you. 

I am a lazy Khora, these days I focus more on doing less and less. I built my Khora keeping that in mind. I have very high range and strength but very low efficiency. So whipclawing isn't an option, but with that much damage, I kill everything in kuva surv upto 40mins at ease. 

Obviously if some low strength Khora keeps dangling enemies instead of killing then that can get annoying. You just need to play along and think shooting strangled enemies as a mini game

😄

I agree with other builds. Whip, Dome. I use them occasionally. Rezzing and CC when a group is in the way.

I have maxed power as high as it can go. Low range and Energy cost are the pits. Venari only uses energy when I manually tell her to do something. Otherwise she is a force of destruction that rips through enemies with chain bindings. Has 3k health and 1k armor to take a pounding. I run through with a melee keeping her alive while she keeps me alive.

Dangle dome is annoying. Lost count of how many whirling enemies spin like they're tied to an airplane propeller. Blegh.

I have my Kitty of Destruction and I am happy.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Well it did recently get an augment.... also you can only fit so many augments into one build 

I would rather maximize my whipclaw killing potential, rather than hybridize my build for loot personally. Then again, I have people that I play with consistently who can run nekros if I wanted more loot. I can't even remember the last time I had to use my dome for anything, stuff is usually dead in one hit. 

Edited by TheGuyver
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Any Khora leaving behind their Domes and letting squadmates to clean up after them is a bad Khora.

It's as simple as that. It's just impolite. 

Speaking Of Which.... I think I did the same thing with Zephyr's 4.... 

But in my defense after activating I have to look for the tornados as they never spawn in the same place.... 

One time one of the tornados spawned in a door way holding up all the enenies.... it took a few seconds for me to find it...

The thing that I really dislike about the dome is how things will get caught in it, and then someone shoots at them, but doesn't kill them, and they end up orbiting their vertex at about 200mph making them awful to try and hit.

Secondarily the ones that just look like corpses on the ground because they got dragged into a ground level vertex.

• Like 2

Pretty much how most Khoras play. Extremely annoying in longer runs like Arbies when you actually need the mobs DED NAOW. Khora is probably in my top 5 annoying frames to play with. Any frame that delays killing in any way is trash to me. It's a looter shooter after all. Git it dun.

Edited by Ikyr0

Am 12.7.2019 um 19:30 schrieb (XB1)Thy Divinity:

Yep because I find it rather boring to turn my Khora into yet another one punch Atlas. 

26 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Really ? 

I think if you can fit atleast 2 of his Augments in a single build then he's better off solo than in a team....

Yes Nekros can go solo just fine, but I meant, if you are bringing a farming frame with team Nekros is a better choice than Khora. On the other hand, if I want to go farm, I'll rather take Khora than Nekros because Khora is less work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MR9BCI said:

Yes Nekros can go solo just fine, but I meant, if you are bringing a farming frame with team Nekros is a better choice than Khora. On the other hand, if I want to go farm, I'll rather take Khora than Nekros because Khora is less work.

Aaah.... Good Point.... and it makes sense considering how much of a hassle she is to build.

3 hours ago, Orblit said:

I am simple khora user, I see interception, I max range and cover 2 points solo. Whip for the masses, shotgun for the heavies.

Interception is fine.... after all killing enemies isn't going to reduce the time required to intercept the Data....