Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dumb things players have gotten mad in chat over?

I recount a couple of times that have me a quick laugh. 

First time, pug defense, this guy was bragging in chat about his "broken OP secret Mesa build" that no one will be able to figure out cause he's such a genius and ran the math himself. Well, skip to the 3rd wave of defense and he's flaming our Mag in chat for having top damage  and says "Mag can't do top damage, her abilities are S#&$,  you're a hacker. Reported." Imagine that with worse grammar and multiple lines. Anyways, I chime in and tell him Mag has a lot of damage because they're not standing on the objective pressing 4 and using a pizza every 5 seconds. They accuse me of being friends with "the hacker" and that I too, am reported. They mention having screenshots then left. I'm not permabanned, so I guess they were just learning what the internet is in kindergarten and wanted to fit in. 

Second time is not as funny. I'm playing sortie rescue, I'm a volt, we have a loki. Loki just says "kys volt" out of nowhere before we extracted. No idea what rustled them, mission went flawlessly. Just an out of the blue wtf moment. 

When I was low mr and was doing my one of my 1st fissures I saw harrow part dropped. It was colored purple so me knowing from all previous rpgs purple=epic drop I have marked it for the rest of the squad. Some high mr guy called me noob and stupid for marking such a common drop. Fun times.

17 hours ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

He called you FUN? That bastard!!!

Kansas City Kid 4Life!  “Nina!”  Flipped on the positive.

As to the thread, the one I remember most:

I was in a mission requesting we work together on said task and was told simply “GKY”...

Nice.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

1 hour ago, Sajochi said:

First time, pug defense, this guy was bragging in chat about his "broken OP secret Mesa build" that no one will be able to figure out cause he's such a genius and ran the math himself.

The secret op-ness of Warm Coat, Natural Talent and two Peculiar mods, plus all the EHP mods except armor on Mesa.

An elegant build from a more civilized age.

So last week before Tennocon I was leveling a lesion with my Saryn on Helene. While waiting for two other players host says:

Saryn? Hmmmm. How long you been playing Saryn?

(Me, not know this person from Adam, thinking maybe they were a clanmate or something other than the complete random they were):

Ever since the weekend wars drops, I farmed up two of her. She's actually my most used frame now.

Them: Oh, I just remember that you don't like to use your abilities.

Me: ? Maybe when I was new at MR 0 and didn't know all the controls.

Them: lol. Someone doesn't know how experience works (Stupid response because on that tileset we're never out of affinity range, so any DPS frames make the mission go quicker)

Me: Do you want me to leave?

Them: No, it's just that you're living your lesion (Like, WTF is this supposed to mean? That I'm a cancer because I like Saryn?)

Yeah... it seemed very much like they were trying to hurt my feelings or just troll or something. I was trying to be polite because I've learned that for some reason half the players hate Saryn so I offered to leave despite the fact there was no need to. In fact we blew through 20 rounds no problem. I don't even remember what frame they were using but they were basically AFK the whole time anyway, so...

It just really threw me off and made me feel unwanted and/or hated. I was having a great day before that. 

This isn't even rare, and my mind is always blown by this.  But trying to haggle trades, instantly get blocked by A LOT of people.

Sorry, but if 5-10 people try to sell me the same thing, I'm going to see if someone will drop it.  Supply and demand.  If my deal doesn't work, so be it, just say so.  But I get blocked probably 15-20% of the time.

um. well yeah. but it goes 50% frame 50% killing weapon. I have leveled many weapons this way in 15 rounds on average with a booster. I also don't usually spam Miasma as doing that is inefficient and I don't have operator arcanes yet so I need to be able to pop a Regenerative Molt from time to time. I spread Spores with Toxic Lash and Kill with whatever weapon I have on. And I try to be a good neighbor/squadmate. It just seemed really strange and out of place, as though he were trying to call me stupid or something. Maybe I didn't explain it well enough and I was going off memory, too. But dude was definitely needling me the entire defense with rude comments, so I just blocked him.

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

No. They was asking because if you kill all enemies with Saryn your Lesion will literally get 0 Affinity

22 hours ago, (PS4)deathwolfclaw666 said:

You should have told him to go watch 100 days of Warframe on YouTube.

I honestly should have, he probably would not understand it but it would still be good if he saw it. I personally think it should be the game's official intro video.

23 hours ago, kgabor said:

Going by past experiences i picture this as the type of player who randomly calls you a high MR noob for no reason while clearly struggling with the objective themselves.

The most obnoxious one i seen so far was in a Kuva mission, blaming me because he was failing the Syphon while i was doing Mobile Defense to speed up the mission, proving for me again that the most incompetent ones are always the loudest.

That is actually a pretty good assumption, It would not surprise me if that was the case. I just assumed he either did not know what bullet jumping is or he confused my Vauban Prime for a Volt.

Also how do you fail a Kuva Syphon, and why was he blaming you for failing it if you weren't even around it? I see no wrong doing on your part, I actually think it was clever to split the objectives.

1 minute ago, WH1735S0W said:

Also how do you fail a Kuva Syphon, and why was he blaming you for failing it if you weren't even around it? I see no wrong doing on your part, I actually think it was clever to split the objectives.

To be fair, he was probably new to the game mode and just ignored the clouds while focusing on Kuva Guardians or something similar, most Kuva farmers split the objective which is why they team up in the first place. (in other game modes, solo Ivara would be just as efficient)

But that's just even one less reason to be toxic about it as it's expectable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Indeed, though I think the dude should have asked you for advice if he was confused instead of blaming you.

There is really no shame in asking for help, even Ticker says we need it from time to time.

10 hours ago, (NSW)Badger said:

but it goes 50% frame 50% killing weapon.

Ahhh, I think I understand.

See, with your mission, particular build, and your particular intent to level the weapon, you were actually aware of how not to kill things with your abilities. Meanwhile the other person was thinking 'what kind of player would pick Saryn and not use her abilities to kill', because that person was completely incapable of believing that somebody else might know what they're doing enough to change up the play style on a frame to get a specific result.

Don't sweat it, they were just odd.

2 hours ago, kgabor said:

To be fair, he was probably new to the game mode and just ignored the clouds while focusing on Kuva Guardians or something similar, most Kuva farmers split the objective which is why they team up in the first place. (in other game modes, solo Ivara would be just as efficient)

Some people has no idea because someone else does or did that for them.

Yeah. Selling Sancti Tigris for 30p instead of 60p. Got scolded.

Some guy was kinda mad at me because I failed Vallis Spy mission. (Of course he also failed. And wanted to extract after that.)

And there was that old problem with kill stealing in the beginning. Ppl were so triggered if you were able to kill faster back then. XD

I have two,actually

someone got mad at me for levelling my melee weapon on hydron and started to call me stuff in chat. Then,after i wouldn’t revive him, he invited me to a party and started calling me a certain word that begins with p and ends with y 

another time some guy got mad at me for playing nidus because ‘i didn’t know how to play him’ when i had max stacks and 3x as many kills as him