Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

bring alerts back!

jojokaizer

9 minutes ago, Heiven said:

Pretty much every month before NW there was a at least one thread that was labeled "alert system needs a rework" or "the alert system needs to be improved". And in each of them most of the comments were of the type "it needs improving , they need to rework it" and that's it. No real explanation as to how that should happen or in what way, just those two words over and over again. Well there were some people with a function brain in there heads who had one proposal but one and just that one proposal "extend the alert timers to 12 hours or 24 hours".

False.

Bruh, between r/warframe and these forums, there is a metric ton of great detailed feedback on how to rework alerts. All you have todo is search it. 

• Like 1

As someone that has invested a fair bit of time into this game, I did not once come across an alert that rewarded an Orokin Catalyst or Reactor. I'm going to say it again for emphasis. Not. Once. When people were saying they could get them from the old Alert system I honestly thought they were joking or being sarcastic until I checked the wiki. 

So yeah, as someone that missed out on literally every Orokin Reactor/Catalyst alert, I am super happy with Nightwave right now.

Edited by IntheCoconut
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Heiven said:

Pretty much every month before NW there was a at least one thread that was labeled "alert system needs a rework" or "the alert system needs to be improved". And in each of them most of the comments were of the type "it needs improving , they need to rework it" and that's it. No real explanation as to how that should happen or in what way, just those two words over and over again. Well there were some people with a function brain in there heads who had one proposal but one and just that one proposal "extend the alert timers to 12 hours or 24 hours".

What's funny about this is... DE decided that giving us Daily Alerts that last for 3 days each, rotating out so that we always have 3 available, many of which can be completed in any mission at all. And then gave us 5 Weekly Alerts. Many of them are simply "Do any 3 Capture missions" which is quite a lot of freedom. And then gave us 2 Elite Weekly Alerts, which can be quite specific and difficult for a greater rewards.

Then they made it all a standing system with seasonal tiered rewards, and tossed in Cred (which, frankly, is rewarded way too sparingly, one of the Nightwave's flaws) to buy whatever we wanted of the old Alert rewards (well, it does cycle weekly, but we have way more choice than before), making it MUCH easier to get the rewards we wanted.

Oh, then they decided to call them Acts, instead of Alerts, and threw in a story-teller.

34 minutes ago, Heiven said:

Hahahhahahahahahhahahahahhha .... ahahahahahhahahahahahahha 🤣🤣🤣

This why i really like to read the nightwave threads! Peoples stupidity and ignorance never ceases to amuse me.

So we have "RamonLeeYJ" who Perfectly explains to you why your so wrong about NW at each of your arguments but in the end you act like a spoil brat that does the "nananana cant hear you" thing and brush everything with yet another easily debunked argument but his time as a main point as to why "RamonLeeYJ" is wrong! Good show my boy,good show.

"if you don't like doing an objective, it's not going to go away"

Sooo wait for the end of the week and challenges reset for the new ones or is it impossible for you to ignore it until then?

"warframe USED to be the game you want it to be, till grindwave came"

Mmmmmm let me tell you my experience with "grindwave". I skipped 2 challenges each week,one Elite and one simple weekly one,also a few daily here and there. And i reached the end of NW long before it was announced that they are extending it. After which i played the game without looking what the challenges required of me to do and played as much casually as possible. And guess how much surprised i was when at each first game session for the first day of the new challenges each week i COMPLETED HALF of them without knowing what they required of me to do!!!Well that was my experience with "grindwave" and i must say it was challenging but it was no where near grindy as you make it sound!

😑

BUT in the end DE did rework the alert system after all those years and guess what sunshine they reworked it into NW. But now people like you complain that they don't like the rework even if in the end you all don't really know in what way should the alert system be rework into.😕🙃

are you daft or can you not read? well, more likely is that you're a kid with unlimited time to play this game.  in between doing relics, sorties, arbitration, endo farming, and other stuff like leveling frames/weapons. you don't get much time to play grindwave, unless you dump 2+ hours everyday. guess what? not everyone has that amount of time to dump in to the game and you can't look to skip activities and know exactly that you'll have time next week to play catch up.  I did exactly what you suggested for the first night wave, wasn't even close to the end rewards. if you like grinding boring uneventful chores, be my guest.  I want an improved alert system back, it adds much more to the game than this garbage grindfest.

5 minutes ago, jojokaizer said:

you don't get much time to play grindwave, unless you dump 2+ hours everyday

More like 2 hours out of the entire week....

I know you didn't respond to me directly, but I'm a 32-year-old man with a JOB and a FAMILY and I STILL get my Nightwave done every week with little effort. I even *actively choose* to skip the Acts I don't care for, and *still* get to rank 30. You are vastly over-estimating the amount of effort Nightwave takes.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

19 hours ago, jojokaizer said:

seriously, two seasons of this nightwave is enough. I miss the days of logging on and seeing a cool alert that I need, or randomly carrying a friend or new player on some alerts they need. this grindwave is completely soul sucking. it's already making me not want to play cause of the forced activities. we already have riven challenges to bore you to death, do we need another mode to reward mediocre rewards locked behind a huge grind? been playing this game since the beginning, and saw this game improve every year. this is NOT the right direction, change please!

IF you think the alerts were better then you must be a real casual 30 min 2-3 days a week player.Do you think its fun with this "randomness" to get stuff you need?I farmed Vauban in 1 month.YES 1 month i needed to finaly be online and the alert to apear not to mention the usefull auras.Go and stay in your "bring alerts back! 👎" and let everyone enjoy a better system and actualy get what you want.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

As someone that has invested a fair bit of time into this game, I did not once come across an alert that rewarded an Orokin Catalyst or Reactor. I'm going to say it again for emphasis. Not. Once. When people were saying they could get them from the old Alert system I honestly thought they were joking or being sarcastic until I checked the wiki. 

So yeah, as someone that missed out on literally every Orokin Reactor/Catalyst alert, I am super happy with Nightwave right now.

Thats because they show up during invasions lol. There was one not too long ago.

Jojokaiser,

I agree with you. The dev team should come up with something that suits their game instead of copying others. This list of chores is just a turn off.

5 minutes ago, This_Machine said:

Thats because they show up during invasions lol. There was one not too long ago.

Jojokaiser,

I agree with you. The dev team should come up with something that suits their game instead of copying others. This list of chores is just a turn off.

What chores are you talking about?Doing a sortie?Killing eximus mobs or killing mobs?Getting kills with elemental dmg?Do an exterminate with some restrictions?Do a def/surv?

There are 1-2 random stuff each week that you usualy don't do like silver specters killed but other then that its something you do on a daily basis.If you enter the game and play for 30 minutes obv you will not do much and besides that except for 1-2 missions you can complete all of them in max 2 hours of gameplay.Id rather do 2-3 hours of "grind,even tho its realy easy" then to pray to RNG for an alert to come with nitain or something i need.

24 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

More like 2 hours out of the entire week....

I know you didn't respond to me directly, but I'm a 32-year-old man with a JOB and a FAMILY and I STILL get my Nightwave done every week with little effort. I even *actively choose* to skip the Acts I don't care for, and *still* get to rank 30. You are vastly over-estimating the amount of effort Nightwave takes.

what kind of drugs are you smoking? I log on to do sorties, farm endo, and a few arbitrations. I don't know if you have no sense of time or you don't realize how much you play a week.  one sorti is 30 mins+ one arbitration is on average 20 mins, you want to level guns or frames? another hour+ gone. that leaves you 10ish mins to do some none connected nightwave missions? and this isn't adding in events that randomly pop up or the 1 hour plus in a mode missions or fishing and mining ones that easily takes 30mins+.  in the end it's just pointless arbitrary grind that takes you away from what you want to do in the game. which is BAD.

Edited by jojokaizer

23 minutes ago, jojokaizer said:

what kind of drugs are you smoking? I log on to do sorties, farm endo, and a few arbitrations. I don't know if you have no sense of time or you don't realize how much you play a week.  one sorti is 30 mins+ one arbitration is on average 20 mins, you want to level guns or frames? another hour+ gone. that leaves you 10ish mins to do some none connected nightwave missions? and this isn't adding in events that randomly pop up or the 1 hour plus in a mode missions or fishing and mining ones that easily takes 30mins+.  in the end it's just pointless arbitrary grind that takes you away from what you want to do in the game. which is BAD.

If it takes you that long to do stuff then dude,gota be honest,you suck at this game like realy realy badly.Also 30min + for a sortie?dude......im doing the sorties in like 15 min tops depending on the missions.

1 hour ago, jojokaizer said:

what kind of drugs are you smoking?

I would ask you that. NOTHING from Nightwave takes longer than 20 minutes, except the ones telling you to spend 30 minutes in Survival. And a Sortie takes me 15 minutes at the most, depending on what type of missions it does. Usually way less, since Rescue, Capture, Exterminate take less than 5 minutes. I don't even do Sorties every day because I don't see a need to try that hard to get those rewards.

And why do you people keep talking about leveling frames like that actually takes time? I don't do go to a mission specifically to level my gear. I know y'all love your Hieracon, but I don't do that. I take my leveling gear wherever I am currently playing, unless it specifically requires good gear to complete (like Sorties requiring level 30 frames, but NOT level 30 weapons). It's something I do at the same time as the rest of the things I do. Being MR26 means I don't have to worry about leveling gear before I can put mods on it. (i know lower MR players don't get that luxury, but I would do that even at MR15 and still manage fine)

I also haven't done much with relics in the past few weeks. The new relics released for Wukong (and the previous batch for Equinox) will last for months. There's no need for me to hurry and rush them all out right now. I can get them at my leisure. Seriously, y'all gotta take a step back, take a deep breath, and stop FREAKING OUT about whether or not you'll get the things you want. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

I don't really mess with Arbitrations much right now. They feel too easy, and don't really reward anything I feel desperate to get. I've done it some, but... I just can't care about them.

What events? 1 hour plus? Seriously, ARE you on drugs?

And what the hell, it takes you HALF AN HOUR to get SIX rare gems/fish?! How bad are you at this game?! There's ONE cave where you can find like TEN of BOTH every time you zone in, and it takes 10 minutes to grab it all.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I play Capacitance Volt. I am telling you that not dying to the Wolf doesn't require mods.

It requires you to dodge his attacks, which is easy. I don't use the min-maxed mod builds either because I simply don't have those mods. Derelict vaults are not friendly to me.

That takes 5-10 minutes tops. There's a specific cave northwest of the Transit Depot that gets me all 6 of either mining or fishing, every time.

I get that your time is limited, but you're vastly over-estimating the amount of time it takes to do these tasks, or else you need to change your approach to doing them.

Alright, I should probably be more specific when talking about enemies. The minions were the ones killing me, and I did kill the Wolf himself, with Volt however I was standing on a ledge he couldn't reach, with an Inaros spectre tanking him. Was it cheap? Yes, but atleast I got it done, so theres that I guess.

As for the fishing, if I recall, the fish that spawn are different depending on the humidity, and while it may not take long for the temperature to change, it's very easy to miss the cycle that spawns the orokin fish. Or maybe it's just my luck, since I seemingly always get the short end of the RNG stick 😐

I did change my way of approaching these tasks, and it lead to me getting burnt out with game. So it's either an issues with the system, or it's an issue with me. And if a game wants me to change my way of playing, (simply to accommodate a system I'd rather not deal with) in order to have access to some of the basic necessities, then I think it's time for me to find a new game. Which sucks, because I really love this game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jojokaizer said:

I gotta say, you must be taking your time, cause sorties barely take 20 minutes to do, leveling stuff should barely take 10 minutes if you're doing it right, I don't where you're getting an hour. And you seem to be forgetting that you'll likely be doing at least ONE of the NW tasks while you're doing all that.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Because posts in feedback get completely ignored. When people want to share their opinion, they actually want to be heard.

Don't I have sad news for you. 

At least you'll get heard by the community, and ignored by the Devs in General Discussion. 

6 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Don't I have sad news for you. 

At least you'll get heard by the community, and ignored by the Devs in General Discussion. 

It’s not news for me at all, I was answering someone’s question.

Surely you have a new player to be abrasive and hostile towards?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

It’s not news for me at all, I was answering someone’s question.

Surely you have a new player to be abrasive and hostile towards?

If you feel my reply was abrasive and hostile, then welp. I'm sorry, but what more do you expect? 

Devs don't read GD. Your reply was misleading enough as it was. 

23 hours ago, jojokaizer said:

seriously, two seasons of this nightwave is enough. I miss the days of logging on and seeing a cool alert that I need, or randomly carrying a friend or new player on some alerts they need.

I can understand your position, but i disagree with it for a very significant reason.

I have the warframe app on my phone.  When i first started playing, two years ago, I set it up to make noise for alerts that i specifically needed: the cosmetic helmets, reactors, catalysts, Nitrain, etc.

Initially it was fine.  And then... I noted that the Nitrain alerts came exactly once every five hours, which meant that while i was at work, i would always miss two Nitain drops, and I'd probably miss one while sleeping, which means i could average one nitain a day, provided that I was logged on at EXACTLY THAT time.. two if i got lucky.

And then the first 4 AM alert for a reactor came in.  I had been asleep, in bed, but I needed that reactor, and i was not about to let it pass, so i dragged myself out of bed to play, and those alerts began to dictate more and more of how i spent my free time.

Most of the alerts were completely not worth my engagement.  Void traces?  Just crack a relic.  The credits?  I could dive into the index any time.  The 80 endo?  I get more than that by just dissolving the stack of Pressure Point mods in my inventory.  I might get more than that just running around as Nekros.  As a point of note, most of the alerts were objectively terrible.  but if i wanted to get certain very important things, i still had to live by their automated schedule.  During one weekend that i spent away from the game, I was caused a (non traumatic) fleeting moment of stress as a Gift of the Lotus Catalyst was offered, and i was helpless to do anything.

Nightwave means i get to play on My schedule.  I can check in as little as once every three days and just clear about 60% of the weeklies, and i'll still get the awesome cosmetics and more quality rewards with much lower stress.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)In54N3xeLeVeNn0 said:

Nightwave is a fun but flawed system.  having the alerts would be a great solution.  The system put in place to help new and casual players is restricting new and casual players.

Alerts are more flawed than Nightwave. No it is not a solution let alone great. NW has variable acts that does not restrict any players including MR, weapons, mods, warframes, age, gender, sex, race, religion, class, and culture

Edited by RamonLeeYJ
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jojokaizer said:

one sorti is 30 mins+

Nightwave Weekly Act: Complete 1 Sortie - 7500 Standing

Nightwave Elite Weekly Act: Complete 3 Sortie - 9000 Standing

one arbitration

Fully Socket 3 ayatan Sculptures - 7500 Standing.

you want to level guns or frames?

Nightwave Weekly Act: Complete 3 Capture/MobDef/Rescue/Spy/Exterminate etc. - 7500 Standing

Nightwave Elite Weekly Act: Complete a Defense Mission reaching at least 20 waves - 9000 standing

Complete 8 zones of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught - 9000 Standing

Survive over 30 minutes in Kuva Survival - 9000 Standing

Complete a Survival mission reaching at least 30 minutes - 9000 Standing

That's not counting a lot of other stuff that is most likely passive, like kill 1500 enemies or kill 150 Eximus. And since those repeat, I say you can complete a lot already.

3 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

If you feel my reply was abrasive and hostile, then welp. I'm sorry, but what more do you expect? 

Devs don't read GD. Your reply was misleading enough as it was. 

Not misleading at all, the reason people post feedback in GD is because feedback has such little traffic.

Every single thread there’s people asking why did you post this in GD. That’s the answer.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Not misleading at all, the reason people post feedback in GD is because feedback has such little traffic.

Every single thread there’s people asking why did you post this in GD. That’s the answer.

Misleading in the sense, given your reply gives the implied message that it will be heard. 

Heard yes, by the community. Not by the Devs. Which as we've seen for all the feedback posts we have in GD. Or rather, an expectation that the Devs will take note of a feedback post in GD. 

That, and well, the same old drivel does get boring.