Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We MAke Fashionframe More Of An Integrated Gameplay Mechanic?

SpydrXIII

Like a really easy way to rate people you see and maybe earn rewards for climbing up the fashion rankings.  maybe even a way for people to scroll through all your not currently used frames and rate them too.  fashion frame is why i keep playing the game for the most part, i think some feedback on my fashion and some rewards for it would be really fun and finally make me feel more justified in all the time i spend on fashion in game.

You want feedback then take some screenshots and post them somewhere for upvotes, I hear theres a few places for that nowadays. I am absolutely 200% against any in game rewards for fashionframing. You'll end up with groups of people mass upvoting their friends simply because they're friends, when another person who spent a ton of time, looks great, but doesnt have a ton of friends to upvote them, geting nothing. So no. No popularity contest rewards.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Giantconch said:

You want feedback then take some screenshots and post them somewhere for upvotes, I hear theres a few places for that nowadays. I am absolutely 200% against any in game rewards for fashionframing. You'll end up with groups of people mass upvoting their friends simply because they're friends, when another person who spent a ton of time, looks great, but doesnt have a ton of friends to upvote them, geting nothing. So no. No popularity contest rewards.

there's gotta be a way around that.  and i don't mean anything too amazing as rewards, just like a sigil or something.  maybe an ephemera, just small cosmetics.

No, thanks. Last thing I wanna see is people with black / red schemes climbing to the top and get rewards.

I never trust this edgy community's fashion taste. 

4 minutes ago, Giantconch said:

Also this ^.

Edited by Aeon94

3 minutes ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

"Fashion frame is endgame" is a meme.  Not actual gameplay.

In fact, fashion should take more of a backseat than it currently does to actual replayable content.

i know it's not gameplay, that's why i want to make it gameplay.  so much of the game funnels into cosmetics and hardly anyone doesn't pretty up their warframes.  people love showing off their fashion, go to any busy relay.  it's just a fact.  i say we spice it up a bit.  make it more fun and interactive.

1 minute ago, Aeon94 said:

No, thanks. Last thing I wanna see is people with black / red schemes climbing to the top and get rewards.

I never trust this edgy community's fashion taste. 

there could be ways around that, like instead of just numbers we can have many different categories, so there would be a black and red category or edgelord category.  something so not only one person gets the glory but all sorts of style can become number one.

2 minutes ago, SpydrXIII said:

there's gotta be a way around that.  and i don't mean anything too amazing as rewards, just like a sigil or something.  maybe an ephemera, just small cosmetics.

Since you mentioned cosmetics only I'll chew a little. So alright, lets think of a way around this then.

Randomized voting system, person opts into the "rate this frame" and submits a frame. Name is removed, voters can turn and move the frame they're rating. People would have no idea who it is. 1-5 star rating system.

Vote hapens once a week or once a month, at the end of the month if a person achieved 4 star or better average votes, free cosmetic item is theirs. New cosmetics don't always need to be added, game could just scrape their inventory and offer up some ephemera they don't have yet and award that. That or an all new rainbowfarts ephemera (ignore the name, I struggle sometimes, lol)

To appease your wanting feedback, people who vote could also be allowed a twitter-length response post that a person could view for the duration the vote is active.

I can poke holes in this still, trolls coming along and 1-starring everything to make sure nobody gets anything, but I'll just glance past that as I do have faith in the majority of this community to not be total knobnibblers.

If that were to happen, that would be far the worst change to have ever been implemented into the game.

That isn't even hyperbole, that is just a fact that turning "fashionframe" into an actual gameplay system would only end up being a negative.

There would end up only being little groups that would just increase the one  person next to them, and there is no way to prevent that, and it would be easy to discern who was who by using certain "fashion" methods (badges / sigils / colors). You wouldn't even need to see a username at that point.

Edited by Sean

if you want Community Contests or some other stuff that can offer Players stuff for fiddling with the Appearance in their Arsenal - well, those do already exist. :)

if you want to tie actual Gameplay to Cosmetics, i'm going to set you on fire. no offense.

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

if you want Community Contests or some other stuff that can offer Players stuff for fiddling with the Appearance in their Arsenal - well, those do already exist. :)

if you want to tie actual Gameplay to Cosmetics, i'm going to set you on fire. no offense.

:d

Cosmetic preference is completely based on personal opinions so I don't see how this would make turn into any great gameplay mechanic ever. It would also be extremely pay to win. Cosmetic are and should always stay optional.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

While I'd certainly love a space within Warframe where players could show off their fashionframe to the rest of the community, tying that to any sort of reward gets a hard no from me. Cosmetics in Warframe are a fun yet wholly optional part of the game, and I think one of the reasons why they work so well is precisely because there is no pressure at all to purchase them: in a game based around progression, there is no progression curve or reward scheme tied to cosmetics, so ultimately it does not matter which or how many cosmetics the player owns. The player only buys cosmetics if they want said cosmetics (or if they just want to support the game), not because they seek social validation from others or because they want to reach some extrinsic reward, and it's the game's current healthy approach to cosmetics that I think is vital to its success. Considering how increasingly many games pressure players to put money into cosmetics while denying the negative consequences (e.g. Fortnite and kids getting bullied by their peers into buying skins), I'd rather Warframe steered well clear of all that.

Adding any rewards to that is a bad idea, for reasons allready stated by others. I still like the idea of some sort of showcase, maybe a room in maroos bazar, where you can upload, view and rate captura shots.There will be a minority using it, but aslong as there aren't any rewards tied into it, it should work fine. And the demand kinda exists, people gather in the relays to view each others fashion, it is a thing and it would be a lovely inclusion of that part of the community.