The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The hidden cache challenge is... bad.

FalikosekPL

I have just spent 20 minutes in a sabotage mission to look for the 3rd cache. I had all maxed loot radar mods, I muted the background music so I could hear them more easily and I broke literally all containers. Couldn't find it even in all the secret spots I know. There are a few ways to... prevent such traumatic experiences from happening.

1, more related to hidden caches as a whole: Make the Lotus show you an area in which the caches are if you spend over 5 minutes after the objective is complete looking for them. This doesnt have to be very accurate, but would be a lot more helpful than looking for them on the entire map.
2, changing the loot radar a bit: Loot radar should increase on the Y axis too, because even when you have over 100 metres of radar you have to be on a similar height as the loot. It would help people who dont know about every single hidden place find stuff.
3, the nightwave act: Make the act say "find 9 caches in sabotage missions" instead. That way you wouldn't punish people for not finding the last cache and basically waste their time. And you would still reward people for getting all of them - 3 missions with all caches vs 9 missions with one cache

10 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Is there any NW challenge people don't complain about?

Nope. They find something to complain about in every challenge.

Next one will be ;

" Why does daily challenges of kills with X damage require 150 enemies ?! "

or

" Why do you force me to use the damage types that I don't care about ?! ".

Edited by Aeon94
  • Like 1

I would try Terminus, Mercury for this one. It is a pretty quick mission to run, and in my experience doesn't usually hide the caches too far out of the way or in places that require weird jumping to reach.

I run the Earth sabotage for this as there aren't many hidey spots other than the door in the middle of the two turbines (which you access via a vent to the side). I'm usually done in about 10 minutes hosing the place with an Ignis Wraith which just leaves the caches on my loot radar.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Shalath said:

I run the Earth sabotage for this as there aren't many hidey spots other than the door in the middle of the two turbines (which you access via a vent to the side). I'm usually done in about 10 minutes hosing the place with an Ignis Wraith which just leaves the caches on my loot radar.

Same, theres also the trap door on the injector room tile.

• Like 1

Compared to "Perfect captures" challenge its extremely easy for me.

In 90% cases i find all caches easily, rarely it happens to search for long for a cache.

But for perfect captures - i fail them in 95% cases since they made abilities to decrease capture quality.

Seriously, 60 min kuva survival is much easier for me than a perfect capture...

This was... easy. I don't see the reason why to complain.

No, really. I even raised EFFICIENCY :simaris: by pairing it with the vaults challenge.

went as nidus with all 4 dragon keys to derelict sabotage four times, found all three caches each time, then topped it off with a final capture run, and got both rewards, like, in ~40 minutes.

if you wanna get it over and done with fast you gotta ignore enemies too. you can do all the weeklies in a matter of maybe two hours if you become a clever little multitasking goblin to get EFFICIENT:simaris:.

On 2019-08-01 at 1:09 PM, chaotea said:

Its happened once or twice with me, but i usually just end the run and do it again, its much quicker.

Also, loot radar does have the Y axis. You get a little arrow showing its elevation above or below.

Y axis does not work as good as it should, its limited to about 10 meters or something to do with elevation on some tilesets, i ran around the whole of DESDEMONA, URANUS (which is HUGE (that junction quest is stupid)) with 100m radar and didnt find the last cache until i happened to hear it in a room on the way back to extraction point when i had given up, it was about 15-20m high in the roof, which any 1 of the mods i had would have shown it on the map, but didnt.

maybe there is a point something at a certain height becomes another level or tileset and the game/radar doesnt let you see stuff on that other tileset or level.
level being actual height in-game, not level being up/down stairs in-game.

Y axis appears to be broken compared to X axis, im not sure if its intentional or a bug

The challenge is fine, it's just the playerbase is too used to ignoring the hidden caches objective.

Caches have set spawn locations. Once you memorize them, you can find caches in your radar without even breaking containers (at which point, breaking containers just messes up your radar).

DE will probably change the challenge to "hidden caches found" tho, or move the challenge to elite.

If someone on PS4 needs help with the challenge, just PM me. We can tackle it in less than 15min.

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum

On 2019-08-02 at 2:54 PM, 5p33dy_01 said:

Y axis does not work as good as it should, its limited to about 10 meters or something to do with elevation on some tilesets, i ran around the whole of DESDEMONA, URANUS (which is HUGE (that junction quest is stupid)) with 100m radar and didnt find the last cache until i happened to hear it in a room on the way back to extraction point when i had given up, it was about 15-20m high in the roof, which any 1 of the mods i had would have shown it on the map, but didnt.

I think the point is more that loot radar isnt ment to be for finding all the things, but for just helping with loot pickups.

For the challenge, its best to do earth tiles. They're alot simpler, and the enemies are weaker so you can run it easier. I tend to do them solo.

I usually do this challenge on earth, Cervantes.

Take limbo with max range, put as much item radar as you can possibly find in the loadout and start popping caches with your ultimate.

It's super easy, and if you are lucky, you might get one of the link-mods that you can sell for a few plat.

• Like 1

On 2019-08-01 at 8:09 AM, chaotea said:

Its happened once or twice with me, but i usually just end the run and do it again, its much quicker.

Also, loot radar does have the Y axis. You get a little arrow showing its elevation above or below.

It doesn't increase it as much as on the x-axis. If loot radar increased on the y-axis as much as the x-axis people might actually learn where hidden stuff is on tiles rather than having to go to Youtube. Because everything in this game is un-intuitive.

10 hours ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

It doesn't increase it as much as on the x-axis. If loot radar increased on the y-axis as much as the x-axis people might actually learn where hidden stuff is on tiles rather than having to go to Youtube. Because everything in this game is un-intuitive.

Thats what you get when the games built over several years. Its easy for stuff to fall through the cracks.