Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 25.7.1

[DE]Megan

vor 1 Stunde schrieb kyori:

I think the lighting department has serious issue. Everything was ok other than the lighting above/on companion in the ship prior to this. Now the lighting above/on companion seems to be fixed... but everything in the ship has gone dull too. 

Not possible to tweak only the lighting at the companion part without jeopardizing the rest of the lighting? I'm sure there is a way.

its not just the lighting but also the metallic parts of the frames. now fashion frame is all messed up and yes...what once was shiny metallic now looks like some cheap knockoff from a toy store

Issue I found a few weeks ago that I don't think has been noticed.

When you access syndicate offerings in your orbiter, sometimes when you click esc to go back you get stuck with the background syndicate offerings screen. Only way I've found to get off that is to restart warframe

Don't have a screenshot but will take one if I experience the problem again.

What I've noticed this far from latest update:
I play with certain visual effects turned off, like excessive light and particles, since I do not have GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, or humor of DE. And all colors seem to have a tint of black added: on loading screen all ships now look the same: lifeless, cheap, generic, and I can clearly see all colors on palette choosing screen having a tint of black. It seems wrong? Or is it additional realism? Perhaps my visual settings are wrong to experience what DE intended for me to experience?
But, I absolutely understand, and kinda appreciate the new metallic idea. Adds tiny bit of realism. After update my chosen color for accent looked plain yellow. Luckily I found another color that resembles gold enough on new material. Sadly it still looks kinda wrong, since I cannot figure out if material is correct enough and/or any of the available colors represent true gold.
One major weirdness I noticed after the update is that lightning, like for e.g. Volt's #4, now looks like straight thin lines.
And of course, none of the issues existing previously got fixed what so ever. Because sadly majority of WF's player base have masters degree in arts and demand cosmetic updates instead of logic.

Will there be a fix for color and reflective surfaces ?

What was previously matte(or close to it) is now glossy and certain things(mostly metallic prime parts and metallic attachment parts) which were previously glossy look matte now.

Also colors look more bleak and ligther in tone. Nearly all of my appereance loadouts look different and worse.

So, let me get this straight: not only has feedback on how melee is no longer fun gone ignored for seven months; despite players' repeated statements that it isn't enjoyable if you can't "lock" into melee mode; not only have we lost control of our own stupid blocking ever since February; not only are Exalteds still bugged and constantly interrupted by the ranged weapons WE DO NOT WANT TO GO INTO MID-WOLVERINE-RAMPAGE AS VALKYR, FOR VERY PERSONAL INSTANCE; not only are the "updated" element FX still made of obnoxiously bubbling fuzz clots; but in addition, to compound the mess, you've managed to mess up graphics that were fairly pretty into something that makes every metallic look like stale butter or BIONICLE plastic. 

Nice job. My eyes are already hurting from over-bright energy effects, now they're flat out saddened whenever I look at something metal. 

Why were the frames color swapped? Please revert these, fashion is a big part of warfame since half the time you're looking at your frame.

before the update I had my frame the way I wanted it, after the update all the colors have been switched, yellow parts were now red, random parts are streaked with colors that weren't there. Im considering requesting for a refund, I didn't buy things to have them screwed up a few days later.

No one seems to enjoy the new visuals, everything was pretty good before the update.

As others have said, the lighting and metallic effects are completely broken now.  This is such a shame since I watched Steve talk about it with such love and passion on stream yesterday.  They seem to have put so much work into it so I don't understand why these changes were not obvious on their computers.

1 hour ago, ESYLD said:

As others have said, the lighting and metallic effects are completely broken now.  This is such a shame since I watched Steve talk about it with such love and passion on stream yesterday.  They seem to have put so much work into it so I don't understand why these changes were not obvious on their computers.

Same! Steve was super excited.

I'm thinking it must be some kind of mistake when they 'baked' it into the final update? IDK how coding works tho.

Because it's not like you have to equip a certain frame, then go to a certain mission to see it. It's so instantly noticeable. All you have to do is 1.) Load Warframe and 2.) Immediately go "WTF."

I just don't see how you could miss it.

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hotfix 25.7.1

Changes:

• Tweaked lighting/exposure in the Orbiter to alleviate reports of overly bright metal. The Orbiter will now appear close to what it was pre-Update 25.7.0.
  • Temporarily removed Companion Weapon Rivens from Simaris’ Offerings due to being unveiled for the incorrect weapon type. They will be added back once we make a permanent fix. 
    • We’re working on a script to refund the Simaris Standing to those who were able to purchase the Rivens. Script has completed! Please relog if you don't see the refunded Simaris Standing.
  • Reverted change that allowed for you to use the Shawzin Decoration for Skins while placed as a Decoration in your Orbiter due to it causing a crash.
    • While we attempt to fix this, if you want to change how your Shawzin looks while playing, refrain from placing the decoration in your Orbiter
  • Removed unintentional Railjack bindings in the Control options. 

Fixes:

• Fixes towards crashing when attempting to play the Profit Taker fight.
  • Fixed a directx10 startup crash.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred in the Grineer Settlement.
  • Fixed Simaris’ Inbox messages missing an icon.
  • Fixed a black textured Corpus door.

Known Issue fixed in next Hotfix:

• Spamming Look Links too quickly in Chat locks up your UI.

Awsome update and nice Hotfix!What i don't like one bit from all of this is the new render thing you guiz did.Everything looks so bad now...the prisma skins lost the prisma like effect and dear god....the Argon Pegmatite Decoration looks horrible now dear god...

5 hours ago, eversonbarros said:

Has anyone else noticed that the electricity effects of the Volt's Discharge are strange? Like lines instead of arcs. Much simpler. It doesn't look like electricity.

Agreed. Volt's Speed also looks like some weird lines going around him. Just looks oversimplified and plain silly to me.

lots of stuff got way too bright and lots got way too dark. even the true black used on an orbiter is grey at best. every single time you mess with colors it ruins A LOT of shades. switching back to the frame from transference has too much inertia, you don't land where you want as before.

Archived