Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes as their own character

mega_lova_nia

I was wondering

if Warframe is like Overwatch or DOTA, what quotes would warframes have?

Even better

who would voice which warframe?

I thought it would be interesting to see the creativity of this community and come up with some head canon VAs if warframes were individual hero typed characters and not just suit of armor.

Any ideas, headcanons, or even suggestions?

I think it'd be something super cool to see honestly, but with the amount of frames out, that's a lot of voice actors (or few voice actors with different voices). I mean, if we're talking like none of that mattered and they were all voiced, would the operator matter then or would the voice change to the frame? Male operator just switching over to female voice lines from the frame would throw my ass for a loop but would be super entertaining lmao.

Unless you gave them their own mind and personality even, that S#&$ would be wild. Having a frame input their own ideas and stories into the game would be wild. Voice actors can really make or break a game sometimes, my heart still aches over Ghost from Destiny switching from Peter Dinklage. That was a weird one to adjust to.

4 minutes ago, HumanitysLastBreath said:

I think it'd be something super cool to see honestly, but with the amount of frames out, that's a lot of voice actors (or few voice actors with different voices). I mean, if we're talking like none of that mattered and they were all voiced, would the operator matter then or would the voice change to the frame? Male operator just switching over to female voice lines from the frame would throw my ass for a loop but would be super entertaining lmao.

Unless you gave them their own mind and personality even, that S#&$ would be wild. Having a frame input their own ideas and stories into the game would be wild. Voice actors can really make or break a game sometimes, my heart still aches over Ghost from Destiny switching from Peter Dinklage. That was a weird one to adjust to.

The second statement is what we're trying to aim for here. Trying to give each warframes it's own personalities, making them individual characters like super heroes!

13 minutes ago, mega_lova_nia said:

I was wondering

if Warframe is like Overwatch or DOTA, what quotes would warframes have?

Even better

who would voice which warframe?

I thought it would be interesting to see the creativity of this community and come up with some head canon VAs if warframes were individual hero typed characters and not just suit of armor.

Any ideas, headcanons, or even suggestions?

Plz no. I would hate to see that happen.
Would be like first time seeing transformers, with my hopes up, and then they started to talk....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mega_lova_nia said:

Trying to give each warframes it's own personalities, making them individual characters like super heroes!

I thought the whole point of them was that they were supposed to be mindless war machines which were designed for one factor which is to kill, I just feel that giving them a personality could perhaps break this identity

Edited by (XB1)xBLADEPANTHERx
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, (XB1)xBLADEPANTHERx said:

I thought the whole point of them was that they were supposed to be mindless war machines which were designed for one factor which is to kill, I just feel that giving them a personality could perhaps break this identity

I agree. I'd prefer if operators had more voice lines and we had any control over what they say.

1 minute ago, Genitive said:

I agree. I'd prefer if operators had more voice lines and we had any control over what they say.

they used to have voice lines at the beginning of missions, I'm not sure if it's still a thing though but it would still be nice to get voice lines similar to how the hostage does, maybe you can also waypoint certain enemies and your operator will inform everyone of the threat level so people are aware it needs to be taken down pronto.

1 minute ago, (XB1)xBLADEPANTHERx said:

they used to have voice lines at the beginning of missions, I'm not sure if it's still a thing though but it would still be nice to get voice lines similar to how the hostage does, maybe you can also waypoint certain enemies and your operator will inform everyone of the threat level so people are aware it needs to be taken down pronto.

They still have, you can just turn them off.  I don't like them because I can't choose what they say and most of it is bad. A ping system for operators would be nice and might be actually useful for railjack.

1 minute ago, Genitive said:

They still have, you can just turn them off.  I don't like them because I can't choose what they say and most of it is bad. A ping system for operators would be nice and might be actually useful for railjack.

I just hope that people don't spam it constantly to the point where it loses its original purpose and causes people to mute allied operators

Just now, CoolDudeMcCool said:

I'd love to at least have different Operator personalities and a few more reactions to things. Stuff like Juggernaut roars and mid-mission objective changes would be neat to have a response to, it wouldn't get more stale than what lines we already have for them.

Try muting them, problem solved.

Now you make the voice lines.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnTheMango said:

Guy/gals, guys/gals, you are all missing the opportunity to turn all warframe into pokemon

Rhino: Rhino Rhino

Sayrn Prime: Saryn Saryn

Vauban: Vauban Vauban

And just for all those people irritated about Gauss

Gauss: Gauss Gauss

Wait... so they would be Pokemons?

2 hours ago, JohnTheMango said:

Guy/gals, guys/gals, you are all missing the opportunity to turn all warframe into pokemon

Rhino: Rhino Rhino

Sayrn Prime: Saryn Saryn

Vauban: Vauban Vauban

And just for all those people irritated about Gauss

Clem is a Pokémon confirmed.

Limbo would HAVE to be voiced by Nick Cage.

"I LOST MY HAT. I LOST MY GUN. RHINO HAS HIS HAT. RHINO HAS HIS GUN. YOU WANT ME TO TAKE MY BLUEPRINTS, PUT IT AWAY, AND FORGET IT?!"

Or, in the movie "The Sentient's Kiss", Limbo Deluxe running down the street screaming "I'M A SENTIENT. I'M A SENTIENT. I'M A SENTIENT. I'M A SENTIENT. I'M A SENTIENT. I'M A SENTIENT. I'M A SENTIENT. "

Edited by VocalMagic
  • Like 1

The frames do have an individual personality and distinct identity. No need for them to be voiced for it to be true.

6 hours ago, (XB1)xBLADEPANTHERx said:

If you looked at the story pieces so far, they have never been totally mindless.

8 hours ago, JohnTheMango said:

The question is though, would he pronounce it the same both times?

Anyways I could see Valkyr mimicing Goliaths from borderlands with their helmet blown of "I'm so goddamn angry right now!!!!!", or a "It's PMS time!" and maybe alternatively "You should have caught me on another day this month!". Sorry ladies, I know those are bad.

Then I guess Rev would just go "ooOOOOoooo!" and "BooOOOoooo!".

Gauss would definently need to sound like Nutty from Happy Tree Friends.