Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey DE, will this new Vampire Kavat force transform any Kavat? [UPDATE] Dev 132: Vaccine confirmed!

Jarriaga

21 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Or it will be some sort of Nidus type thing, where, Kitty gets Infected, Cure it or Leave it to become Vampire-Kitty. 

Oh god I hope not..... that would just be irritating. Just like the Cysts but actually worse somehow which would be admittedly borderline impressive. 

On 2019-10-07 at 2:54 PM, Miser_able said:

So you want to never to be able to bring your kavat to the plains lest it become a vampire? 

No, what I want is a mechanic for securing the new Kavat that doesn't involve some sort of inane infection shtick.

Edited by Oreades

On 2019-10-06 at 9:58 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

Didn't they mention it would be similar to how you did helminth charger? 

Maybe you need to scan it a few (hundred) times and hope it drops its Vampiric DNA. 

Yea they mentioned it would be like my chargers on devstream

On 2019-10-07 at 4:58 PM, XRosenkreuz said:

I did get that right. That's why I said 'if you count the Charger.' Personally, I do because it uses the same skeleton/animations, and is itself made from a kubrow, but I understand that not everyone thinks this way.

Please don't correct me when I'm not wrong.

1. can you equip helminth charger mods on a kubrow?

2. can you equip kubrow mods on a charger?

3. would you say that lanka and snipetron are the same weapon? or warframes? because you know, most share model, skeleton and animations. this is how the game was made.

4. it is ok to be wrong sometimes, but i see that admitting it takes more balls. you don't have to reply 🙂 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tzadquiel said:

3. would you say that lanka and snipetron are the same weapon? or warframes? because you know, most share model, skeleton and animations. this is how the game was made.

4. it is ok to be wrong sometimes, but i see that admitting it takes more balls. you don't have to reply 🙂 

1 and 2. You can't equip each breeds' precepts on each other, either, so I'm not really sure what you're getting at here. I already said I understand other people don't think the same way as I do on this, so I'm also not sure why you're still harping on it.

3. In point of fact, the Lanka and the Snipetron are essentially the same weapon. The Snipetron was the original, but when DE realized that having a bullet-based sniper rifle didn't fit with the Corpus' theme of energy weapons, they retired it- only to bring it back later, granted- and released the Lanka in its place. As for Warframes, yes they are absolutely the same 'type' of thing, read the lore ffs. At their core, they're all

Spoiler

humans that were infected with a special breed of the technocyte infestation.

The fact that they have different abilities is exactly the same thing as the kubrow/kavat breeds having different precepts.

4. Even harder than admitting when you're wrong is realizing that someone else having a different opinion to yours doesn't make them wrong. I'm sorry you're still having so much trouble coming to terms with that.

Edited by XRosenkreuz
  • Like 4

On 2019-10-10 at 8:54 AM, tzadquiel said:

1. Helminth copies mods from two other breeds- Sunika Unleashed and Huras Hunt. Really look at them... Both especially Hunt work the exact same way as Helminth's Trample. If you also did your homework they even put all Kubrow breeds together- Huras, Raksa, Sahasa, Sunika, Chesa and Helminth- whatever made you think it was entirely separate?

2. All Beast mods are useable on -any- Beast companion including Bite, Maul, Link (x)... Helminth has their own set but as it is a Kubrow can use any non-breed specific mods so you cannot use Dig for instance but then nothing can bar the Sahasa; really did you spend any time with your Kubrows at all? This is basic stuff here....

If Helminths were totally unique, separate from the Kubrows we breed them from; Kubrow armor could not be applied but; mysteriously... my Helminth Ryoko is wearing his cute Kubrow Umbra armor.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Kavats don't even have a lotus fur pattern to chase after

I love my space cat-foxes most, yet confused how my Smeeta Vaquaera can gain +40 Affinity opening boxes with a max Scavenge; yet all my other companions including my Adarza Caliope only gain +20.... totally baffles me. Will test Cali to see if its due to Vaquaera having been polarised though shouldn't make a difference; I think?

9 minutes ago, (PS4)corpusbonds said:

Hence why I said pattern. They just have the one.

We can get:-

Hyacinth (through breeding)

Hyekka, Deaeira (Player-made), Nesyr and Krest from the Market

Moonless (through Plains of Eidolon resources with Tesonai)

So more than one pattern. Body type, yes and they are half the size of Venari which given her origin; makes sense. I think the Moonless could do with being one singular price not fluctuating as it infuriatingly does.... 

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

We can get:-

Hyacinth (through breeding)

Hyekka, Deaeira (Player-made), Nesyr and Krest from the Market

Moonless (through Plains of Eidolon resources with Tesonai)

So more than one pattern. Body type, yes and they are half the size of Venari which given her origin; makes sense. I think the Moonless could do with being one singular price not fluctuating as it infuriatingly does.... 

No. They don’t have any skins BREEDABLE aside from Kubrow.

I didn’t mean skins to buy. 
Kubrow have: Lotus, Merle, Hound, Patchy, Striped, Domino. 

Kavats have: Hyacinth.

So, no, Kavats don’t have different patterns that you can breed. 😉 Thr buyable ones don’t count 🙂 

Anyway, Kavats definitely need more love than Kubrow right now and need way more skins/sizes/breeds.

Edited by (PS4)corpusbonds
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)corpusbonds said:

No. They don’t have any skins BREEDABLE aside from Kubrow.

I didn’t mean skins to buy. 
Kubrow have: Lotus, Merle, Hound, Patchy, Striped, Domino. 

Kavats have: Hyacinth.

So, no, Kavats don’t have different patterns that you can breed. 😉 Thr buyable ones don’t count 🙂 

Anyway, Kavats definitely need more love than Kubrow right now and need way more skins/sizes/breeds.

With you 😋. Is it just the Smeeta with the +40 Affinity on opening containers? As even at level 23 my Adarza still gets only 20 like every other Beast companion... If not, what is giving Vaquaera that double value, what you think is causing it? I love my cat-foxes so much, really looking forwards to hunting down a vampire kitty 😋

3 hours ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

With you 😋. Is it just the Smeeta with the +40 Affinity on opening containers? As even at level 23 my Adarza still gets only 20 like every other Beast companion... If not, what is giving Vaquaera that double value, what you think is causing it? I love my cat-foxes so much, really looking forwards to hunting down a vampire kitty 😋

Smeeta Kavats do have a lot of qualities to them. Affinity, double resources, granting you rare resources of the area, crit, weapon quick reload and more. So Smeeta is probably helping you there.

19 hours ago, (PS4)corpusbonds said:

Smeeta Kavats do have a lot of qualities to them. Affinity, double resources, granting you rare resources of the area, crit, weapon quick reload and more. So Smeeta is probably helping you there.

Caliope has gained 23 Affinity on opening Containers, so it is definitely a Kavat-side perk as none of my Kubrows have had it higher than 20 and all use a maxed Scavenge precept. Very strange stuff....

On 10/10/2019 at 4:04 AM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Can we all just agree they should stop adding crap the "community" suggests...   Those stupid masks,  now a stupid kavat,  stupid bat ephymra.    Rebb says its not her fault but it totally is.  Her legion of butt kissers make all this stuff for her.  

I'm trying to see the harm in this fluff that is added...I just dont see it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SayikVindal said:

I'm trying to see the harm in this fluff that is added...I just dont see it.

we need more floof, yup *nods* as I see my Kavats as floofy not those plushies xD. They weird me out those plushie floofs, really... I'd have to give one to Vaquaera to nom on while I transmute Mods xD