Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Delete conservation from nigthwave

Valgaarv

36 minutes ago, ADM-Ntek said:

what makes me mad about conservation is that it doesn't count properly. just tired that counted the first 3 vermink no prop. but then it was like nope no longer counts despide the game saying it was a perfect capture WTF.

6 different species perfect captures.  You can't just do 6 perfect captures on only kubrodon incarnadine, you need different sub species and each species as a whole has just 3 species types.  

i'd rather remove the ones that are about just Killing some Enemies, regardless of what conditions exist on top of that.

that's way more boring if you ask me.
really i think what sits as the problem is that the Tasks are primarily aimed at "being easy" or if not that far, at the very least "being not hard so that everybody can do everything". and thus, many of the Tasks are mundane and do not feel rewarding to complete, more like homework.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We understand certain parts of the game aren't for everyone, which is why plenty of challenges are optional. You can ignore this one in favour of other challenges that are more your style.

I'm sure I'll trigger some people but look at how Destiny is doing their season pass because it's so much more enjoyable. Always progressed, you choose what kind of bounties you want. You can catch up any time but make solid progress just doing dailies and weeklies. It synergizes with playing no matter how you play. 

Nightwave feels like chores. 

• Like 1

personally  from my perspective, if you are behind other players because of a point difference then its isolating you from others & subconsciously pressuring you to try to do it. I dislike the open maps and doing ANY bounty or nw related to them. i choose to not do them myself if i can help it.  I get the "push the players out of their comfort zone" bit, but if you dislike doing something you shouldnt be pressured to do something that you dont find fun, when the intent of the game and event is to entice players to play and have fun earning stuff. 

its become a list of weekly chores to do, unlike alerts which gave rewards per mission (item or cosmetic) that were time sensitive and random appearances. you have to do chores to earn things per week and of those use tokens to buy things like BP and nitian you CANT get normally beyond that , that is content gating players plain and simple.

the cosmetics and items are nice but only reason i get stuff is due to time extent of event, otherwise i wouldnt be able to earn them skipping the content chores i dislike. I usually am very behind others if i do that. 

an easy implementation would be a weekly limit based on the normal total bounty points we currently can earn. thus not placing any new limits via the bounties to that score "total" but offer 3x or more # of the nw bounties to give players more variety of choice to select and cap their weekly quota without causing negativity. i realize you cant appease everyone, but an actual bounty board  witht he ability to pick and choose from a variety of choices without having it hurt your total weekly quota wouldn't be a bad thing . as we cap out if we do all the weekly nw bounties anyway, why not give people more choices and keep it simple ?

its an opinion , but seems like a decent solution to the issues with what i see as an easy fix

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

1 hour ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

I'm sure I'll trigger some people but look at how Destiny is doing their season pass because it's so much more enjoyable. Always progressed, you choose what kind of bounties you want. You can catch up any time but make solid progress just doing dailies and weeklies. It synergizes with playing no matter how you play. 

Nightwave feels like chores. 

destiny also has 100 levels where after 5 you're basically inching your way forward and will have to devote significant time to to get to 100. where nightwave I did weeks before the end at a leisurely pace. so no I wouldn't want them to do it like Destiny 2 especially if they're going to do 2 tracks where you'll need to buy the premium one which has all the good stuff. also it really cuts down on how many engrams you can get with 19 out of the season where in that 10 week period you could get 90 engrams.

conservation is peaceful and relaxing imo, a nice break from the running and gunning gameplay and requires next to no skill

you don't have to do all 6 in one session. you could do a bounty for any relics or loot you need, leave the squad, do a capture, extract and come back later

• Like 1

On 2019-10-09 at 7:28 AM, Valgaarv said:

In my opinion conservation is by far the most boring, tedious and useless filler activity on warframe, and begin to be forced to do it in order to progress nigthwave is awfull. Please delete it.

It's not something I would normally do, but it's literally my favorite thing to see as a challenge because it's pretty fun IMO and a nice change of pace. I think DE did a good job with it, but it's just not my normal cup of tea. Anyways, just do what you want. You don't need to do everything. 

I didnt have problem with conservation challanges in the past, at first I was worried about it, since I honestly ignored conservation completly, but I got good at it and I actually started to have fun with it, but then since a while ago something changed about it, dunno if devs changed how detection worked or is it a bug but some of the animal(mainly BoraLora)s started to detect me on impossible ranges even if wind didnt blow from my direction toward it.

Other then that conservation become a buggy mess, like animal spawning too close to call point immediately running away, or spawning further away and somehow detecting me(and then running away) before it even showed up on my map(it was kubrodon) while I had all  possible mods that increase range of detecting enemies.

I had also multiple times where perfect capture didnt count for nightwave challange...

I wouldnt have problem with conservation if it worked as well as it did in the past but currently its pretty damn bad, in the past I could finish whole challange in 15-20 min easily,  during last challenge instead of spending 15 min on it It turned into HOUR and a HALF nightmare, because of bugs after bugs after bugs, plus unreliable animal detection.

Edited by Culaio