Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Melee Rework Phase 2: TECHNIQUE

SilverBones

il y a 44 minutes, (PS4)Dyin-Kyo a dit :

Baruuk currently uses the combo counter and excal uses the combo counter if you hit them with the actual sword

My point wasnt from hitting with an actual sword. It was hitting with the exalted like Valkyr and WUkong does..

So I've only skimmed most of the thread for the one topic I'm still concerned about, and have only seen it mentioned a few times without much follow-up- so heavy attacks are done via pressing alt-fire with melee in hand? That's extremely impractical on controllers where I already avoid any alt-fire that isn't a mode shift, as I hate using stick buttons for anything that isn't functionally a toggle, they're so clunky.

Are charge attacks where you hold down the button still a thing? Mod changes makes it sound like no, if so, wouldn't that be a better option? I also heard someone else upthread recommend the reload button while melee weapons are in hand for heavy attacks, that would be good too.

(Also R1/right bumper while holding L2/left trigger to aim down sights would be a nice optional binding for alt fire, just saying)

4 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

I mean, you're arguing with people that freaks out before even saying the actual numbers and the impact on gameplay. We have here heroes who are already saying that "melee will not kill anything, melee will not scale anymore" etc... before they even know the actual impact of the rework. And they can't even read properly what is stated on page 1 for the most part.

How are we even supposed to reason like this ? How does it works ?
Did DE specifically says they will nerf melee ? No. They say they will nerf Maiming Strike because it's absurdly strong and turn the whole game into a joke. They literally NEVER said they will nerf CO and BR, they will just change how they works.

With CO, at least, I think it will be a nerf. Right now you can get up to 6 statuses on an enemy. Right? With 60% for 6 statuses, you can get 360% damage. After update, it will only stack up to 3 times, for whatever percentage they will end up with. Unless they make it 120%, it will be a potential nerf. Only potential though, since they said they are planning on having it higher than 60%, it will be a buff for lower level content. BUT, I'm not good at math, and I'm not a theory crafter, or whatever they call it. It sounds like it will be nerfed but... whatever, ya know?

On 2019-10-19 at 3:42 AM, CodeUltimate said:

I do not agree with the nerf to condition overload. Now you won't need to have a status weapon to pair it with your melee so that will make weapons like the cyanex to be utterly useless. xd

I don’t either.

But just to reply to everyone who say condition overload is flat out bad now: it is not. Worst case scenario, the percentiles aren’t changed but the math is: it’s still a 68% increase after primed pressure point. That’s still substantial, especially if you have more than one elemental mod in your build. Now best case scenario where math is untouched and multiplier is now +100%: 8x damage. (No multi changes still mean 4.10x extra damage) Not quite 6/status levels of tomfoolery but still equal to 4 of them. Yes it’s going to slow down demolyst killing a little, but I think that it’s not really going to be relevant until endurance levels and we have frames for that. I’ll have to wait, but the worst things that could happen would likely be to people who use single target proc secondaries. (Like me). 
Still don’t agree with it but it looks decent even if it’s worst case scenario.

17 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

You guys must secretly be working on a mobile version of WF...cause everything you do seems to be focused on short missions...

It's almost like DE have stated many, many times that endurance runs are not something they wish to encourage let alone balance their game around...

1 minute ago, Lapideus said:

It's almost like DE have stated many, many times that endurance runs are not something they wish to encourage let alone balance their game around...

It's almost like people have been asking for more veteran focused content and endurance runs are the only things that even remotely come close to a challenge...
But hey, it doesn't matter anymore now ey...the vast majority of them are gone anyway.

22 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

You guys must secretly be working on a mobile version of WF...cause everything you do seems to be focused on short missions...

Again, again, again, and again, what are you basing your assumption on ?

Did you read the thread properly ?

Or are you just having a kneejerk reaction before seeing any real number and impact on gameplay ?

Just now, -AxHx-Vile said:

Did you?

I did. And beside Maiming Strike absolutely deserved nerf, literally nothing says your melee will be less effective than before. And nothing say they will scale worse than before.

We don't have any idea of new weapon damage, we don't know how CO and BR will change and at what percentage. But you and other people immediately switched to whining mode.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb sorcer3r:

If this works against high valuable targets like demolysts then it will be fun.

But in typical horde situations I am not sure how this slow attacking should be an alternative for fast spin attacks. ( or where in all this melee rework is the alternative for spin attacks?)

Despite the suspected melee damage nerf I hope  warfame is the right game for such slow and single target focused attacks ...

We all know it isn't. Why spent 5 seconds slicing up a single trooper (while his buddies are still shooting you!) if you can walk through hallways holding M1 on an Ignis Wraith? (Or on an Amprex, or a Braton Prime, or a Quanta, or whatever doesn't get nerfed after this LOL)

6 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

And beside Maiming Strike absolutely deserved nerf

Ah, you're one of these...ok kiddo. 

6 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

we don't know how CO and BR will change and at what percentage. But you and other people immediately switched to whining mode.

We get a pretty good idea from the post and how things are written.

And yeah I wonder why...probably because all faith in DE has gone over the years. One of those awkward love the game don't like the devs kind of situations.

Mastery Rank - Weapons will be reviewed to make sure their function and power are aligned with an appropriate Mastery Rank, similar to passes made on Primary and Secondary weapons. Full details will be in the Update Notes! 

ok so again with this Mastery since im rank 15 (i got 1000+ hours of gameplay and am at 415+ log in days so keep that "look low lvl must be new/newb" S#&$ to yourselfs ok thnx)

there is a chance that some of my weapons wich i allrdy got or want will be locked ? why rly WHY do you guys keep insisting with this mastery crap i have been playing since you guys launched so why am i only rank 15 cuz i dont play all (lvl) warframes or weapons i love this game but if your gona lock everything behind Mastery your gona rly make it hard for me to keep loving it

look i get it when your randoms are lvl 9 you think they suck but they dont have to and if you cap MR at 15 it is high enough to understand the core mechanics of the game

or give us "veteran" (a veteran is not a MR 25+ but one thats been here from launch) players a log in reward or like 1000+ days played an option to buy an item or such wich removes the MR with Plat

anyways thnx for the huge update ( and Grendel finaly a thicc boi :D ) future will tell if we are parting ways or not :)

On 2019-10-18 at 4:28 PM, (PS4)Oracle-Raven said:

"Reach / Primed Reach - long-range weapons were getting too much of a benefit"

No, DE.
Just NO.

This nerf alone to melee range is enough to make me lose all hope in the upcoming melee changes and make me want to quit Warframe altogether.
There is no way nerfing range on long-range melee weapons can be any fun, and at this point you're just forcing me to use Mesa if I want to have a moderately good time.
Not good.

you need Mesa to have a good time? She is the most boring Warframe

Overall i will ahve to play to judge, but small remark as an avid Valkyr player: if heavy attacks will just heal anyone, and anyone will have this tactical currency often, then Valkyr Hysteria lost a lot of its uniqness and appeal, with its 5% life steal. Please think about buffing up hysteria somehow.

1 minute ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Ah, you're one of these...ok kiddo. 

Yes, I'm one of these. Seeing a player with Atterax and Maiming Strike going spin2win around the whole map, destroying everything without even trying was completely ruining my fun. It is/was completely silly, broken, and frankly not needed (and will never be needed) at the level I'm mostly playing at (1 hour arbitration mostly).

I have a Gram Prime Riven with a 100%crit chance with slide attack. Combined with the spin2win stance and Berserker it's completely STUPID. There's literally no reason to play any other weapon or even any frame ability. Which is why I don't play it.

Maiming Strike deserved to disappear as it was. It's not a "warframe" gameplay.

1 minute ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Yes, I'm one of these. Seeing a player with Atterax and Maiming Strike going spin2win around the whole map, destroying everything without even trying was completely ruining my fun. It is/was completely silly, broken, and frankly not needed (and will never be needed) at the level I'm mostly playing at (1 hour arbitration mostly).

I have a Gram Prime Riven with a 100%crit chance with slide attack. Combined with the spin2win stance and Berserker it's completely STUPID. There's literally no reason to play any other weapon or even any frame ability. Which is why I don't play it.

Maiming Strike deserved to disappear as it was. It's not a "warframe" gameplay.

"Maiming strike ruined my fun"

"I have a gram riven with crit on slide"

Flawless logic

2 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

"Maiming strike ruined my fun"

"I have a gram riven with crit on slide"

Flawless logic

"which is why I don't play it".

Read everything properly would you ? I got that Riven, tried it, dismissed it as completely silly, never touched the weapon again (because Gram is equally broken tbh).

But if I never used it, you probably would have answered as "you don't use Maiming strike so you don't know anything". I guess ?

What argumentation.

And that shows again that you only cherry pick what you believe instead of reading everything properly. "Muh melee nerf, I don't know how any of this will change but melee will never scale again".

1 minute ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

"which is why I don't play it".

Read properly would you ? I got that Riven, tried it, dismissed it as completely silly, never touched the weapon again (because Gram is equally broken tbh).

But if I never used it, you probably would have answered as "you don't use Maiming strike so you don't know anything". I guess ?

What argumentation.

Then why even own it? Why even try it if maiming already ruined your fun?

2 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Then why even own it? Why even try it if maiming already ruined your fun?

Because that's a riven I rolled ? I always try whatever riven I get to see for myself how they work on whatever weapon ?

Can you believe people actually try things instead of always using the same weapon ?

And I believe you're derailing the thread now.

2 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Because that's a riven I rolled ? I always try whatever riven I get to see for myself how they work on whatever weapon ?

Can you believe people actually try things instead of always using the same weapon ?

I can believe it if they don't "whine" about it before that sure...

Gonna stop wasting time with you / on here now...have fun with getting more things you already know you don't enjoy to 'try them'...

"Whiskey gives me headaches...let's try another whiskey though" 

3 hours ago, HolySeraphin said:

Wait a minute, will charge attacks still be a thing? (holding the melee button), are heavy attacks a separate thing? Because currently we only hold the melee button to perform combos or to use the charge attack, which will become redundant with heavy attacks, except for glaives, since you can throw them. Hm...damn it glaives, you're the ONE thing that ruins my idea. We could use the charged attack to perform finishers, but that would make glaives unable to thrown. Unles you can make it so that by tapping the secondary ttack button you use the heavy attack, and holding it throws the glaive as normal.

Amalgam OS was changed to be for Heavy attacks instead of Charge, so they're gone.

Sorry if this was mentioned. 

I know they mentioned Forma, Affinity, legendary cores to help compensate for the change.  What about focus lens? Depending on how some weapons change I might not want to have place the lens on them anymore, and I find them more annoying to farm than forma or affinity. 

Archived