Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catchmoon is being nerfed...

Psianide73

5 hours ago, (XB1)Th3BelovedSaint said:

Again, crippling yet another weapon is not providing balance. It is a knee-jerk lazy response because it is quick and easy to do and it lets them pretend they are addressing some game balance issue. This is a snake eating its tail. People play it because it is fun. If the driving focus among DE is cripple anything that is fun, then they have entered a death spiral. When WF gets to be no fun, They will lose their paying player base. As to them having to do this, no, they really didnt. They need to fix real bugs in the game. But again, that takes a real programmer. Seems none of their devs knows how to do a focused code trace, but whooooweee! They sure know how to find those weapon parameter tables!!!! Yes, Sir! Pablo knows right where they are! They will eventually trash every good weapon in the game. I continue to play for now but I see the handwriting on the wall. They either cannot or will not fix the long standing bugs in the game. But they have all the time in the world to wreck weapons people have invested time and money on. Yes, i spent platinum to tune my Catchmoon and that translates to real money. Since the weapon will now bear only cosmetic resemblance to what I built, I perceive my weapon has been stolen.

How did you spend plat to tailor your weapon I’m seriously interested for one. 

But again. It’s fun yet over performing. Ash and his blade storm press 4 to win was fun but it was over performing and needed to be looked at. Excals three that didn’t respect LOS was fun but needed to be looked at. Same with the catchmoon. It shouldn’t have released at the state it was in but being that they messed up and did so it’s also their job to fix it. A nerf was in line. As well as proper balancing for the game being long overdue. As an ash main who loves ash how did I feel when they nerfed ash 4? Very upset but realizing that the ability was broken in Essence it’s fair. I’m not a fan of all modular weapons because they are some of the best weps in game and stat wise why should I use something else. Why when these weapons can outperform in most of not all cases. I think they are trying to fix that. And again by all means not every Secondary is mr fodder a lot and ALOT are useful and good just really not for endurance runs but really how many players run those according to the backlash people get for mentioning endgame. Most secondaries can and will do good in the star chart. Its okay to have nerfs and balance in a game doods

In the Prime Time they said "from 60 to 10". Not "from 100". They meant percentage of damage.

3 часа назад, LuceusW сказал:

Catcmoon has min damage percentage of 62.5% so after the nerf after the 16 meters it will do only 62.5% of damage but still it does not answer my question what does the 100 to 10 mean

So, according to this, Catchmoon deals ~60% (current minimal value) damage to the furthest target and after update it will deal 10% (upcoming minimal value).

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I've rewatched the video, they say "From 100"...

Then I don't know XD

Edited by bl1te

19 minutes ago, bl1te said:

In the Prime Time they said "from 60 to 10". Not "from 100". They meant percentage of damage.

So, according to this, Catchmoon deals ~60% (current minimal value) damage to the furthest target and after update it will deal 10% (upcoming minimal value).

OK ty so now catchmoon really is complete garbage thx to DE

11 минут назад, LuceusW сказал:

OK ty so now catchmoon really is complete garbage thx to DE

No, wait, unmark my message lol. I've rewatched the video and got confused as well. I don't know where did I get "From 60" phrase.

Ooorr... "Catcmoon has min damage percentage of 62.5%" <- this is wrong and Catchmoon damage doesn't fall with range LOL.

Edited by bl1te

6 minutes ago, bl1te said:

No, wait, unmark my message lol. I've rewatched the video and got confused as well. I don't know where did I get "From 60" phrase.

Ooorr... "Catcmoon has min damage percentage of 62.5%" <- this is wrong and Catchmoon damage doesn't fall with range LOL.

The wiki says it has a min damage percentage of 62.5% so not sure if 100% true and after testing myself I can safely say catchmoon does have falloff damage 

Edited by LuceusW

so it'll be 100% damage from 0m to 8m and damage reduction down to 10% at 16m; am I right ?

My issue with this "range nerf" is that at close quarter the catchmoon is not really useable, it feels like it has a minimum range... so I wonder how it'll handle now.

On a side note "catching the moon" for a gun that has now 8m of range is kinda sarcastic.

1 minute ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

so it'll be 100% damage from 0m to 8m and damage reduction down to 10% at 16m; am I right ?

My issue with this "range nerf" is that at close quarter the catchmoon is not really useable, it feels like it has a minimum range... so I wonder how it'll handle now.

On a side note "catching the moon" for a gun that has now 8m of range is kinda sarcastic.

It will reduce the range from 40 to 20 meters and not 8 meters but still yeah it's a joke

And maybe you're right about percentage it would be logic if it was this

it's anyones' guess what the words are supposed to mean.
all that really matters is instead of 20-35 Meters for Falloff, from 100% to 37.5%... it will be 8-16 Meters, from 100% to 10%. and then i guess a Range of 20? seeing as they got the current Range wrong i'm not sure if it'll have the same Percentage delta as it does now regarding that.
(which if so would be 23.75 probably)

1 hour ago, Arkennstar said:

it didnt have a 100 mt range before did it?

no, not even close. 47.5 Meters.

2 hours ago, LuceusW said:
  • Decreased fall off damage from 100 to 10.
  • Decreased range of projectile from 40m to 20m and fall off range from 20-30m to 8-16m

New Catchmoon range will be 8m(dealt 100% dmg) to 16m(dealt 10% dmg from this range beyond)

I don't care about Catchmoon itself since I agree with OP.

But I hate how disgusting Pablo's speech was. Like it is players who are guilty for using the only comfortable weapon and which can carry you through endurance runs. Like devs are not guilty for such design, LOL.

14 minutes ago, bl1te said:

I don't care about Catchmoon itself since I agree with OP.

But I hate how disgusting Pablo's speech was. Like it is players who are guilty for using the only comfortable weapon and which can carry you through endurance runs. Like devs are not guilty for such design, LOL.

Serious players doing "long" endurance don't carry a catchmoon. That' a weapon good for people like "i paid 1000$ on warframe, i want an OP weapon to kill everything during level 30 missions"...

The 98% of players in warframe have never seen an enemy over level 100 and  most of these complaints about  nerfs come from these persons...

Edited by bibmobello

2 hours ago, bl1te said:

But I hate how disgusting Pablo's speech was

Perhaps it might wake some people up to the fact that Pablo is not a "based awesome guy", but instead a fairly biased solo-only* player, who buffs only the things he likes to play himself and only in the ways he likes to play (pretty obvious from his frame reworks).

*He has personally confirmed he only playtests in solo mode. Guess why Saryn isn't team-friendly.

Edited by HugintheCrow

6 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Perhaps it might wake some people up to the fact that Pablo is not a "based awesome guy", but instead a fairly biased solo-only* player, who buffs only the things he likes to play himself and only in the ways he likes to play (pretty obvious from his frame reworks).

*He has personally confirmed he only playtests in solo mode. Guess why Saryn isn't team-friendly.

There is a clear need for a true software quality program at DE. Detailed test plans, test as you play. Testing against end game content as well as star chart. Hold the developers accountable for finding and fixing existing bugs.

23 hours ago, TheGreatJackalope said:

everyone says 50% of the players are using it.. but it's not.. it's 50% of top MR are using it.. those are also the people doing hour long end game survivals etc where enemies have infinitely scaling armor making the need for that nuke weapon obvious...  if you want us to use other weapons.. do a better job of enemy scaling

Actually, from the Prime Time the numbers are:

MR 10: 7.53%

MR 11: 10.17%

MR 12: 16.34%

MR 13: 19.35%

MR 14: 25.22% (This means that it is very likely to find at least 1 person using Catchmoon in a full squad at this MR range)

MR: 15: 29.96%

MR 16: 36.12%

MR 17: 37.50%

MR 20: 40%

MR 27: 51%

So yeah, too many people were using it, even at medium MRs. Just for you to have a comparison, Tombfinger (a great secondary) is in second place, with 2.46% usage at MR 12 and around 5% at MR27

Most MR 12-16 are still farming items, weapons and prime equipment, therefore they're not doing 2h survivals and the like, they're doing lvl30-40 missions with the occasional hard mission like the Fortuna spider fights.

Edited by HolySeraphin
  • Like 1

On 2019-10-26 at 3:18 PM, (XB1)Th3BelovedSaint said:

Oh, I dont know, maybe because people just like it? Maybe it makes the game fun for them? Maybe some people just leave it equipped and dont use it? This is where have a real Data Analyst on the DE payroll might keep them from making a lot of their paying players mad for a stupid, knee-jerk reaction to a number on a spreadsheet.

It is a worrying trend that instead of spending time to develop new contents, DE is using the time to study the spread sheet to determine what to nerf next and to take away fun and time investment/efforts of players. It’s discouraging players to spend time and efforts in the game since whatever is the most fun, most powerful or efficient will be nerfed to the ground soon. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HolySeraphin said:

Actually, from the Prime Time the numbers are:

MR 10: 7.53%

MR 11: 10.17%

MR 12: 16.34%

MR 13: 19.35%

MR 14: 25.22% (This means that it is very likely to find at least 1 person using Catchmoon in a full squad at this MR range)

MR: 15: 29.96%

MR 16: 36.12%

MR 17: 37.50%

MR 20: 40%

MR 27: 51%

So yeah, too many people were using it, even at medium MRs 

Wow...that ramps up at an alarming rate the difference between 10 and 14 MR is almost 20%, and by 20 it is just about 3.5 times higher.

Edited by Aldain
Math Error

40 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

It is a worrying trend that instead of spending time to develop new contents, DE is using the time to study the spread sheet to determine what to nerf next and to take away fun and time investment/efforts of players. It’s discouraging players to spend time and efforts in the game since whatever is the most fun, most powerful or efficient will be nerfed to the ground soon. 

It’s probably better that they work on all aspects of the game at once, even if you don’t like what they make. 

ive seen complaints that DE just fires and forgets content without ever going back and tuning things.

Edited by (NSW)Sk0rp1on
Typo

Just now, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

It’s probably better that they work in all aspects of the game at once, even if you don’t like what they make. 

ive seen complaints that DE just fires and forgets content without ever going back and tuning things.

Rebecca said that Melee 2.9 is the their start at balancing the game, especially the damage, so it is nice to see it finally happen. Weapon damage is currently too high, which in turn forces veterans to spend over 2 hours to start getting some challenge, instead of getting  a decent difficulty at 40min mark. People asking for lvl500 missions is quite dumb, in my opinion, when DE can nerf weapons so you get the same challenge at lvl 150-200 without getting one-hit killed by a Heavy Gunner. Most modes (except disruption) don't give us extra rewards for staying 4h+ anyway. The closest is fissure missions, but they're still on a small loop.

Edited by HolySeraphin
  • Like 2