Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Everyone of you who panics about losing resources to liches needs to see this single screen and feel bad

HugintheCrow

3 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

Hold on. What would be the point of ever bothering to run that territory then?

I imagine you'd first have to recover all the territory that your Lich has coonquered before being given the opportunity to kill it. Otherwise, if you can just kill it by running a MobDef, that'd be silly.

I watch the devstreams for information. When did the prime times start containing more development information than the devstreams? I thought prime times were supposed to be Reb + Guest playing Warframe. Now it turns out devstreams are Reb playing Warframe and Prime times have all the important incoming patch info? What happened?

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 4

Just now, Skaleek said:

I watch the devstreams for information. When did the prime times start containing more development information than the devstreams?

I think they did this this time due to them saying the update was coming last week, and it didn't, and they wanted to address items that needed more clarification that they didn't want to do a whole devstream for. Not a normal thing.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

I watch the devstreams for information. When did the prime times start containing more development information then the devstreams?

Since very recently, I was also confused about a lot of the stuff until I saw the PT. 

Guess the Devs are like "screw it, you want info? Here, now let me work and don't call me for any dumb streams or ask until I am done with it, the less I spend on that the faster I will get this S#&$ done" 

16 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

"ABLOO ABLOO I don't wanna lose muh resources!"

Then don't play the Lich mission. It's 100% optional to engage in those missions.

Also, instead of asking people (or even me) questions, just watch the goddamn prime time.

I think some people are concerned that rare drops like mods could be stolen by the Lich, and then since the devs have said that "some" of your rewards would be returned, as opposed to "all" of it, they would hate to see some rare mod reward they've been farming forever vanish just because a Lich stole it and the rule of the game is that you don't get everything back.

That said, I think even if resources and materials and credits aren't 100% returned, by the time you take the Lich down, you'll get a big glut of reward back when you finally take it down. Especially if you don't have the right Requiem mods yet, they'll just keep accumulating reward before you take them down, so...it's still worth doing, in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)cardinalphoenix said:

I think some people are concerned that rare drops like mods could be stolen by the Lich, and then since the devs have said that "some" of your rewards would be returned, as opposed to "all" of it, they would hate to see some rare mod reward they've been farming forever vanish just because a Lich stole it and the rule of the game is that you don't get everything back.

That said, I think even if resources and materials and credits aren't 100% returned, by the time you take the Lich down, you'll get a big glut of reward back when you finally take it down. Especially if you don't have the right Requiem mods yet, they'll just keep accumulating reward before you take them down, so...it's still worth doing, in my opinion.

It'd be amusing if you could turn liches into unwitting piggy banks, begging to be cracked open. 😛

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

It'd be amusing if you could turn liches into unwitting piggy banks, begging to be cracked open. 😛

I mean, at current...seems like a strategy. Essentially, taking in less rewards in the short term for a massive payoff in the long term.

I imagine that might be the reason you get "some" of the rewards back, not "all," so that the thing doesn't stay around forever, but I have no idea. It would be cool if the Lich, creating a bigger and bigger empire upon every death, they use your credits and rewards to build that empire, then taking that empire down yields MORE rewards in the end...essentially "interest," 😄 

3 minutes ago, Vyra said:

Well i wish i had time to watch streams, but then i look at my crafting list which tells me i need to farm...or need to complete NW tasks, Sorties, Arbitration, trade, farm eidolon cores... 

Pfft, what a noob. 

Watching streams is where the real game is at.

(thats a joke if you don't get it, as I seem to be unable to convey sarcasm correctly as per other inputs I recieved.)

48 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

2019-10-28_15_16_59-2_Warframe___Prime_T

"ABLOO ABLOO I don't wanna lose muh resources!"

Then don't play the Lich mission. It's 100% optional to engage in those missions.

Also, instead of asking people (or even me) questions, just watch the goddamn prime time.

it is the Dev build much like how the kuva lichs had a PH generator button it could be for the sole fact of testing the lich mission node and might be gone when the thing releases 

I'm out of the house for 12 hours a day working, when I get home, watching primetime isn't high on the priority list.  I'd rather get a little playtime.  So you can stop being all "feel bad", because that says more about your character than anyone else's. That said, thank you for the information. I can post on the forum here and there while at work, I can't sit and watch hours of video.  Well hope it stays that way in live, although I wonder if it will because it seems the ability to bypass the lich would defeat the purpose of all the work they're putting into it

Edited by DesertEagle1280

26 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Wait. I just noticed, isn't this meta complaining?

meta complaining is complaining about people complaining this is more a call out then a complaint

Unless one of the Devs said its opinonal to engage the lich on territory they have control of (how does that even make sense saying that aloud) its most likely a PH opinional mission for testing purposes   and OP is using that to do stir something up 

Just now, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I'm pretty sure this'll get locked >_>

It does have the air of take this photo at face value and not with the ideas that the words PH (placeHolder) have on the devbuild and feel bad for your previous complaining if any was Done

36 minutes ago, (PS4)cardinalphoenix said:

I mean, at current...seems like a strategy. Essentially, taking in less rewards in the short term for a massive payoff in the long term.

I imagine that might be the reason you get "some" of the rewards back, not "all," so that the thing doesn't stay around forever, but I have no idea. It would be cool if the Lich, creating a bigger and bigger empire upon every death, they use your credits and rewards to build that empire, then taking that empire down yields MORE rewards in the end...essentially "interest," 😄 

I can see a greater risk/reward feature coming into play here. If you choose not to kill/convert the lich immediately, they'll continue to accumulate resources stolen from you and after certain thresholds, they "level up" and get stronger and faster, and their influence spreads. Perhaps higher levels even give them other unique bonuses like extra immunities, Sentient-like damage resistance, some of their attacks causing special effects to the player like nullifying defense powers, gaining a heavy attack that stuns you, etc. When you do finally take care of them, not only will they return the resources taken, but you'll get bonus amounts depending on how high ranking they were.

If extra resources aren't good enough, perhaps their kuva weapons have better chances of rolling higher stats the more ranks they gain if you kill them, or you can keep their bonuses on them if converted. That would be one terrifyingly powerful ally.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 2

Get a load of OP, everybody.

We should feel bad for being concerned that the DE went with this particular idea over the many others they might have discussed and tested. We should feel bad for being concerned that DE often miscalculates a bit in their initial implementations.

I don't see any reason why I should change my opinion over a single screenshot taken primarily for the purpose of being petty. There's plenty of that to find on twitter already.

OP's reactionary outrage is unpersuasive, and the best thing about these little impotent paroxysms of puffery is that none of us are obligated to pay any attention to them. OP is entitled to their opinion, but we are under no obligation to care about it. Pay no heed to high-grounders chasing a momentary dopamine hit.

I hope everyone continues voicing their concerns to DE, and maybe they will take another look at alternative concepts. Personally, I still think the idea of a magical resource yoink is hacky and needless.

Edited by notlamprey

People are exaggerating what the whole thing also implies. The wording is that the nodes will have a reward tax. That probably means that a certain percentage of loot gathered will simply be lost i.e you'll have a loot debuff on those nodes. People need to stop thinking that this will apply to mods, specifically those we already own.

Those nodes will be balanced in that way when it comes to loot, so in the end you'll get less normal loot but you will also get unique weapons etc. plus part of the lost loot aswell.

23 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

blah blah blah

"presents screenshof of official DE material"

"That's just your opinion"

No, it isn't. It's a factual information, based on official actions of the developers. You could remain an armchair psychologist and make up petty insults about me to feel better and fuel the dunning kruger. Or you could accept that you were wrong, and the rampant fearmongering based on unconfirmed rumours was, well, baseless in the face of facts.

2 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

"presents screenshof of official DE material"

"That's just your opinion"

No, it isn't. It's a factual information, based on official actions of the developers. 

What's factual is that a player can choose to not perform missions on a node where a Lich has influence, and thus lose a fraction of their rewards. And depending on how much resource or credits they have, and the difference in what they don't get, yes, they MAY want to not engage in the Lich influenced mission, and instead the non-influenced one.

That said...depending on how the Lich node actually works, if they can take that influence away by completing it, or if the Lich himself/herself can appear and be defeated and made stronger before their final stand off, and other factors we don't know, it doesn't seem like an appealing option to NOT do the Lich influenced mission when the option is there. They may steal rewards, but if you don't engage them, they can't be defeated.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)cardinalphoenix said:

What's factual is that a player can choose to not perform missions on a node where a Lich has influence, and thus lose a fraction of their rewards. And depending on how much resource or credits they have, and the difference in what they don't get, yes, they MAY want to not engage in the Lich influenced mission, and instead the non-influenced one.

As someone pointed out - you do want to keep in mind that they may have thigns we don't since they're playing a dev build not live.  In the devstream there was a button to reroll the lich over and over.  I could screenshot that and post it - do you think we'll have that button when it comes out too, so we can reroll our lich?  I somehow doubt it.  Doesn't mean you're wrong, necessarily, but it doesn't mean it's fact either.

• Like 1

What's the point of running those missions then?

Also, if you can just choose to "not fight the Lich" what's the point of it being here if you basically have the option to not fight it? Seems counterintuitive 

One last thing, OP, you don't have to be a d*ck when you say it

• Like 2