Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requiem Mods will supposedly have 'charges' and will be consumed after a few uses. What is your opinion on that?

AnOldAlias

4 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

I thought there are two stats:

1. The base stats of the Kuva weapons (stuff like fire rate, reload, Punch Through etc.), which never changes.
  2. The elemental bonus stat.

So you're not getting RNG on the base stats, but on the elemental bonus stat, both for element type and the +% elemental damage.

Yes but are you telling me that you'd be happy with a toxin tonkor of 24% when your buddy next to you is rocking an 80%? That kind of variance is just too high for my liking. Should be like +~ 20% from median max. something like 60-80%, or 40-60%, etc. Rivens already have enough of a variance to cause some rolls to be ineffective. Ie status chance on Detron rivens.

Edited by Skaleek

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Yes but are you telling me that you'd be happy with a toxin tonkor of 24% when your buddy next to you is rocking an 80%? That kind of variance is just too high for my liking. Should be like +~ 20% from median max. something like 60-80%, or 40-60%, etc.

You know, I had a thought about that just now. What if those elemental stat bonuses are tied to Riven Disposition somehow? Would kind of make more sense to have some sort of structure to base the values on.

59 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Assuming DE doesn't go the route of old Kubrow eggs and make it so you can only hold one of each mod until you use it up.

Which actually has a small chance of happening because DE is famous for making players go "Yes...Yes!...YES!....OH LORD NO" with some design decisions.

Rebecca said: 

"Post Stream note: Requiem Mods are earned with charges, that are only consumed on a successful vanquishing of a Lich. Repeat Requiem Mods in your collection will eventually go to good use, so getting duplicates won't be disappointing if you are using Requiem Relics to acquire things like Riven Fragments, Weapon Adapters, and more!"

12 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

You know, I had a thought about that just now. What if those elemental stat bonuses are tied to Riven Disposition somehow? Would kind of make more sense to have some sort of structure to base the values on.

Mostly speculation based on what I've seen from the screenshots. Being tied to disposition would be fine in my books, as long as the variance isnt like +-100%.

Mostly speculation based on what I've seen from the screenshots. Being tied to disposition would be fine in my books, as long as the variance isnt like +-100%.

Well, Riven stats tends to have tighter ranges the lower the disposition, and the range definitely isn't 100% between lowest and highest (think the highest range is approximately 35% for disposition of >1.5), so it wouldn't be that demoralizing if what I said is true.

47 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Are the common/rare rewards from the t5 relics going to be worthwhile?

You tell me all their rewards are almost the same

• Common: 1,200 kuva, ayatan amber star, riven fragments (taking 10 of these to iron wake red veil lady from chains of harrow will net you a free riven a week) 
  • Uncommon: 2 of the 8 requim mods
  • rare: weapon exilus adapter  

the only different thing in them is 2 requiem mods 

10 minutes ago, No1NParticular31 said:

I just want to know if we are expected to spend Endo upgrading these "disposable" mods.

If their going off a charge system and the charges only go down when you win against a lich via kill/convert senario i doubt we will need to put endo into them since they are disposable

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seprent said:

If their going off a charge system and the charges only go down when you win against a lich via kill/convert senario i doubt we will need to put endo into them since they are disposable

I was hoping that was the case. Spending Endo on mods is fine, but to then have those mods disappear would be stupid.

13 minutes ago, seprent said:

You tell me all their rewards are almost the same

• Common: 1,200 kuva, ayatan amber star, riven fragments (taking 10 of these to iron wake red veil lady from chains of harrow will net you a free riven a week) 
  • Uncommon: 2 of the 8 requim mods
  • rare: weapon exilus adapter  

the only different thing in them is 2 requiem mods 

Hrm. Okay. The amber star is pretty crap. Riven fragments? Not bad. Kuva? Well okay, i guess. The amber star needs to go but the other two are acceptable.

Weapon exilus adapter or Weapon exilus adapter blueprint? Because if is a blueprint its probably gonna be a bunch of forma/nitain/other important stuff to build that nets us a loss if we dont just buy it with platinum. See: aura forma, regular exilus adapters.

Edited by Skaleek

Hrm. Okay. The amber star is pretty crap. Riven fragments? Not bad. Kuva? Well okay, i guess. The amber star needs to go but the other two are acceptable.

Weapon exilus adapter or Weapon exilus adapter blueprint? Because if is a blueprint its probably gonna be a bunch a forma/nitain/other important stuff to build that nets us a loss if we dont just buy it with platinum. See: aura forma, regular exilus adapters.

Prime time that showed it off showed it was a blueprint as the components it needs to be build has not been seen so that's up for speculation 

My issue is less with them depleting, but with the overall work to get one.
I mean 30% chance on Kuva syphons to get a relic, which also means only 25% of that 30% chance to be the one you need, and then you have at best a 40% chance of getting one mod, which the is a 50% chance of getting the one you want.
All that together, if i'm not forgetting my probabilities, means you have around 1,5% chance of being able to replenish a mod you need. Which, is standard DE wanting us to farm content they're not sure will be compelling. Because lets face it, this is just another fissure type event...
But yeah, this whole patch has the good old DE "we don't know how to make this content interesting, so lets gate some important stuff behind it, so that the Registered Losers have to farm it"... I mean, Grendel will be gated behind Arbitrations, which they still haven't made that compelling to play, even with all the stuff locked behind them. And now we'll have a consumable mod hidden behind a RNG Wall, hidden behind just another fissure event.

I mean, i hope i'm wrong, i really do, but doesn't seem that likely...
So yeah, expect a ton of fixes and reworks on this, and by 2021 it should be slightly better.

Edited by ReaverKane

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Rebecca said: 

"Post Stream note: Requiem Mods are earned with charges, that are only consumed on a successful vanquishing of a Lich. Repeat Requiem Mods in your collection will eventually go to good use, so getting duplicates won't be disappointing if you are using Requiem Relics to acquire things like Riven Fragments, Weapon Adapters, and more!"

Thank you for laying that concern to rest for me.

Consumables are always terrible regardless of how it's implemented.

No one wants throw away gear/mods. 

Another example of "o crap we need to pad this update list and we ran out of cosmetics to sell". 

Sounds like another cheap and lazy timesink/distraction from the lack of meaningful content. Sorry too busy micromanaging charges on my mods ......

Edited by IIDMOII

4 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

Yes, except as the near-totality of our resources show, this grind risks ending up being largely incidental, which defeats its very purpose.

I think it will just be a system where players can decide which path to take. Stock up heavily early on, or grind as needed in between liches. People just seem to think Liches are the only reason to run fissures and forget about riven fragments and all other things.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I think it will just be a system where players can decide which path to take. Stock up heavily early on, or grind as needed in between liches. People just seem to think Liches are the only reason to run fissures and forget about riven fragments and all other things.

Unless we have to run a specific mission type for the sole purpose of obtaining Requiem mods, without any other incentive to run those missions, we are going to end up accumulating those mods simply by doing other things. Even if Requiem mods are the only reward worth having, the very fact that we can stock up on them is going to mean that any update to the Liches will just have us use our pre-accumulated duplicate mods to power through to them immediately. Again, as current resource systems have shown, this does not offer much in the way of long-term replayability, certainly not as much as if each Lich instead gave us things to do exclusively against them.

41 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

Unless we have to run a specific mission type for the sole purpose of obtaining Requiem mods, without any other incentive to run those missions, we are going to end up accumulating those mods simply by doing other things. Even if Requiem mods are the only reward worth having, the very fact that we can stock up on them is going to mean that any update to the Liches will just have us use our pre-accumulated duplicate mods to power through to them immediately. Again, as current resource systems have shown, this does not offer much in the way of long-term replayability, certainly not as much as if each Lich instead gave us things to do exclusively against them.

Specific missions will be it in the shape of a specific type of fissures. Out of the rewards the mods will only be part of it.

Fissures for the mods, riven fragments and other stuff, then Lich hunting with mods in order to get the weapons or the Lich itself. It is very possible that after a while the Lich hunt will only be a bonus as people are more in it to hunt down more rivens outside of sorties. So the system may very well be there so people dont overgrind liches right from the start.

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

Specific missions will be it in the shape of a specific type of fissures. Out of the rewards the mods will only be part of it.

Fissures for the mods, riven fragments and other stuff, then Lich hunting with mods in order to get the weapons or the Lich itself. It is very possible that after a while the Lich hunt will only be a bonus as people are more in it to hunt down more rivens outside of sorties. So the system may very well be there so people dont overgrind liches right from the start.

What this simply means is that Requiem mods will be a natural byproduct of Riven mod farming, effectively guaranteeing that high-end players will have many more duplicates than they will ever need. If the only obstacle to "overgrinding" is the complete lack of incentive to grind any further, then once again, the feature loses its long-term replay value.

1 minute ago, Teridax68 said:

What this simply means is that Requiem mods will be a natural byproduct of Riven mod farming, effectively guaranteeing that high-end players will have many more duplicates than they will ever need. If the only obstacle to "overgrinding" is the complete lack of incentive to grind any further, then once again, the feature loses its long-term replay value.

Everything loses its long-time replay value in every game. The mods are not what will make that happen though. People will hunt liches until they get the weapons they want, after that possibly until they have a small army of lich buddies aswell. And there is more to the mode than just getting mods and killing the lich.

We also dont know if the mod charges will get consumed on every single vanquish i.e every time you beat a lich on a node, or just when you actually finaly kill him to get the weapon. We already know that we will beat them back over and over to get the right key word sequence, each of those times we technically vanquish them. We'll just have to wait and see how the whole system will work. So far we know of one little thing, the mods.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

Everything loses its long-time replay value in every game. The mods are not what will make that happen though. People will hunt liches until they get the weapons they want, after that possibly until they have a small army of lich buddies aswell. And there is more to the mode than just getting mods and killing the lich.

Okay, but what this says is that the grind wall is irrelevant to the replayability of Kuva Liches in the long-term, and therefore unnecessary. It does not matter if the charges consume on every kill or every final defeat (though signs seem to point to the latter), the feature remains an additional layer of grind that will only hold players up for a short while before we start stockpiling Requiem mods like any other resource. QED.