The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It only took 2 weeks for people to lose interest in Kuva Lich gameplay

White_Matter

20 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

some mechanical advantage to reaching level 40, and some flavor?  

Thats warframe in a nutshell lately.

Lots of missed opportunities, lots of nice packages with nothing inside. 

edit

3 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Pacing and self control, many people don't have it. They play the heck out of the new thing and then get tired of it fast and wind up wanting the next new thing.

Especially if the "new thing" doesn't have much substance to it. Case in point. Running regular star chart missions became boring years ago. 

The fish soup logic can only take you this far.

Grind isn't content.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)omegakillermods said:

On my grand master founder account on pc I got all 13 weapons back to back with a 60% radiation buff

Lies.

Edited by White_Matter

Just now, (XB1)omegakillermods said:

I got all 13 weapons back to back with a 60% radiation buff

Pics or it didn't happen.
Lets see that kuva lich history screen and images of all of the liches with their bonus, and have it all "back to back".

Shouldn't be too hard for you to upload them to imgur.

15 hours ago, Avienas said:

As for the Kuva?

Quite literally the only thing that honestly relates to them, thar weapons might as well just be regular weapons who got kuva slapped on them to evolve into some mutant variant weapon. Plus they all involve RNG-sus factors anyway and since we are getting around 13 `kuva weapons, with about 3-4 of them being new weapons and plenty of them, kind of making nearly 10 old weapons into interest again, it basically hypes up getting riven mods for them. So it only makes sense for people to have the difficult content, which brings out a method to get extra riven mods, kuva and new variant weapons and is bloody themed after kuva as its entire dang story schmick and have very high level enemies attached to it, that one should get SIZEABLE loot and if D.E. cant multiply the loot you get back from the kuva lich based on its level when you finally kill it, Then the only other alternative would be kuva as an extra static reward on top of that random weapon which is the ONLY thing you ultimately get when you kill a lich.

Yeah it would be nice for DE to give us some actual loot upon killing the boss.  As it stands we get one weapon...and nothing else for a 2-4 hour grind.
Ooooh, I get my 50 endo back....that I already earned...that the game just took from me for reasons and I'll never notice...

To say that the rewards for beating the liches, especially if they have a duplicate weapon, are lack-luster would be an understatement.

Just now, White_Matter said:

Thats warframe in a nutshell lately.

Lots of missed opportunities, lots of nice packages with nothing inside. 

Sadly have to agree here.
The lich system does have promise, and it could be amazing...but DE really botched the implementation of the system.
Likewise they could have done something with the kuva weapons to make the level 40 less obviously "Burn all of your stockpiled forma please!"

Feels like they massively rushed this bit of content just to give us something to placate us until empyreon...and didn't expect it to blow up like it did.

• Like 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb peterc3:

The game is not finished. You did not buy the game. Expect an experience commensurate with those facts.

Are you saying they shouldn't hotfix the game?

No you understand me wrong. Every software has bugs and it is essential to fix them. But what DE is doing isn't about bug fixing. They are releasing new features that are broken/bad designed and uses hotfixes to fix them. Normally you do this on a test branch and not on a the live branch. I think the reason for this is that they take on too much what they are able to do and now they have a lack of time. The game is not unfinished! It is a stable release and is only getting extended with new content. Saying that it is kind of an alpha/beta/unfinished version is delusional and an attempt to excuse everything. People need to stop protecting them. There are a lot of software (even lager and more critical) projects that have the same problems (new features, old bugs, legacy code, deadlines) and getting the job done better. They need to improve their project management a lot and concentrate on stuff that the people really love. How long are we waiting for them to make old broken stuff better ? (archwing, melee is still not 3.0, conclave, kuva lichs is still a mess even after a few updates) Of cause, empyrean looks cool and is nice to have but what are the chances that it will result in the same way as conclave, archwing, etc... I have a bad feeling about it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Reading a forum post I do agree that I find it baffling that DE has been so silent about the main issue on the lich system.  How do you feel like they are handling it?

I think they are aware that the update wasn't very well executed(and conceptualized for that matter), but I also think that they didn't expect the amount of blacklash they got. They were caught off guard a bit apparently. And I think they are waiting on it until they can find a way to improve. It is a PR move, don't call the customer back unless you have anything positive to say.

Whether they can improve the system or not is unknown because I think it is inherently flawed, you can't just "patch" and say it is fine now. But hopefully they'll take critical issues seriously and at least work on those to make the Kuva lich gameplay more meaningful and bearable. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Aldain said:

Which is why I will not be making a Lich or partaking in the system when it drops on the Switch version.

If there is no way around bad design for content, I simply won't deal with that content.

Thankfully DE gave an opt out option to the console patch to start with.

I'm with you! I'm not taking any part in this broken system. If by some broken chance I get a lich. I will not be stabbing it... Ever.

On 2019-11-18 at 2:56 AM, iNemeq said:

While I 100% agree that this needs to be changed, I also think that until that is done people that do not want to kill their liches should stick to solo so they don't block spawns from others who do want to stab theirs (and might be looking for help from a public group to do so). If you don't intend to fight your lich you do not need the extra help public provides.

I agree. Play solo if you don’t want to move the game forward in a public match. Selfish and team play don’t work as well together. 

19 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Farming mumurs playing in a public setting etc. There are plenty of benefits for not stabbing as to stabbing as well. Again both sides are not wrong. Where you are wrong is expecting or telling someone how to play in a public setting. You don't go to a playground and tell a child he has to slide a certain way because the other kids want to slide that way. May I also add that if youre all bout helping each other and each person's lich is on a different planet what's the issue of your lich not spawning while helping someone else in a match made setting then going to your planet to finish?

But if you’re at the play ground and someone’s holding the water fountain hostage then they ought to move and share or face the ridicule. 

3 minutes ago, Softballbryan said:

I agree. Play solo if you don’t want to move the game forward in a public match. Selfish and team play don’t work as well together. 

and yet you are selfish by saying to someone other how he should play it if he dont want same way as you with not to mention "go play solo" we can say also to you as for solo play to stab your lich is more efficient than solo farming thralls without stabbing lich and with it your opinion was again blaming normal players who just want to play how they want on flawed system instead of acknowledging problem in it and blaming DE for introducing it how its now and seeking solution to this

1 minute ago, Ikserdok said:

and yet you are selfish by saying to someone other how he should play it if he dont want same way as you with not to mention "go play solo" we can say also to you as for solo play to stab your lich is more efficient than solo farming thralls without stabbing lich and with it your opinion was again blaming normal players who just want to play how they want on flawed system instead of acknowledging problem in it and blaming DE for introducing it how its now and seeking solution to this

I play solo a lot. But when I play pubs, I’m gonna down my lich. The experience gained is worth it. DE needs to tweak the missions but until then, play together or play solo. 

3 minutes ago, Softballbryan said:

I play solo a lot. But when I play pubs, I’m gonna down my lich. The experience gained is worth it. DE needs to tweak the missions but until then, play together or play solo. 

Your opinion. In a public group there will be people who don't agree. You are so sure you're right, but there is another view. When I am in a public group, I don't mind if you kill your lich or if you don't. No issue for me either way. At the worst, people who don't kill their lich are costing you roughly ten thralls. Run another mission and you will get that back.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Softballbryan said:

so good for you 🙂 but unfortunately not for everyone and not always 10 murmur for stabbing not ready lich is worth - the only thing which you get in recompensate for not only death loss but also losing lich's rage as high chance to spawn and as we have this currenrly working this is biggest main reason why we have such problems with it - for many 10 murmurs seems like heaven to them for stabbing their lich - for many other players even those 10 murmurs are nothing worth at all from suicide on lich

• Like 1

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

I think they are aware that the update wasn't very well executed(and conceptualized for that matter), but I also think that they didn't expect the amount of blacklash they got. They were caught off guard a bit apparently. And I think they are waiting on it until they can find a way to improve. It is a PR move, don't call the customer back unless you have anything positive to say.

Whether they can improve the system or not is unknown because I think it is inherently flawed, you can't just "patch" and say it is fine now. But hopefully they'll take critical issues seriously and at least work on those to make the Kuva lich gameplay more meaningful and bearable. 

I truly truly hope that turns out to be the case but I'm still dreading Friday. 

If someone in my party dont wanna kill his/her lich I'm ok with that, everyone has its own strategy, I wouldnt like to be push to do anything I dont want to. Lets just be respectful, this issue has spread a lot of toxicity in the last weeks, we dont want that, right?

• Like 4

How about you at least attempt it and let your Lich kill you instead of running away with your tails between your legs? You get more murmur progress from failed attempts.and more influenced nodes on the Star Chart when a Lich ranks up.

It's not like Liches appear randomly like the Stalker or Syndicate Eximus squads do. So why are people surprised when they show up?

Yup I don't care about dying, I don't care about losing affinity. I DO care about losing his anger, I DO care about making future missions a slog due to more dmg spongy enemies (not harder, just more time-consuming), I DO care about making future battles with my lich take longer (again, not harder, just longer).  The bone they throw of giving a few murmurs, something I can easily get in just running 1 extra mission, does not come close to making the cons outweigh the small sliver of reward.  I only stab when I have actual info to gain, or the final sequence locked, and I play pubs for increased thrall spawns while farming those. Once I have a guaranteed kill, I solo.  It sucks for my teammates sometimes, but blame DE for not giving a better incentive (a lot more murmurs, increasing the ele % of the weapon, etc - something truly meaningful beyond a tiny amount of progress on murmurs) not me for wanting to play the most time efficient way I can within the system they designed

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DesertEagle1280 said:

Yup I don't care about dying, I don't care about losing affinity. I DO care about losing his anger, I DO care about making future missions a slog due to more dmg spongy enemies (not harder, just more time-consuming), I DO care about making future battles with my lich take longer (again, not harder, just longer).  The bone they throw of giving a few murmurs, something I can easily get in just running 1 extra mission, does not come close to making the cons outweigh the small sliver of reward.  I only stab when I have actual info to gain, or the final sequence locked, and I play pubs for increased thrall spawns while farming those. Once I have a guaranteed kill, I solo.  It sucks for my teammates sometimes, but blame DE for not giving a better incentive (a lot more murmurs, increasing the ele % of the weapon, etc - something truly meaningful beyond a tiny amount of progress on murmurs) not me for wanting to play the most time efficient way I can within the system they designed

So you play public for maximizing murmur gain while preventing your teammates from maximizing murmur gain.

Seems fair.

Just now, PhoenixFury said:

I don't get it.  You can't brute-force a cipher without attacking it as often as possible.

Maybe because brute-forcing the cipher is suuuuper inefficient and suuuuuper inconvinient. 

Inefficient because, well duh and Inconvenient because all that extra ketchup across the starchart means more planets you can't play on without losing your rewards. This is the point where someone attempts to counter that with "Well you get them back when you kill your Lich" as if that is motivation to lose them in the first place... I'd rather be able to play my Sortie (for probably ~20-30min) without having my Riven stolen and the super fun of being forced to grind another hour or three to get it back for literally no reward. 

I mean there are the Kuva weapons if those were worth it and IMHO because of the Forma mechanic they employ coupled with the RNG Elemental and Valance systems .... they aren't. Tho any way you slice it getting your rewards from other missions back, IS NOT A REWARD. -1 + 1 = 0 

Now this is the point where someone chimes in with "well if you hate it so much just don't do it", which is both super low effort and self defeatist but have I got news for you~ I'm not. I stopped on the third day and logged out for two weeks, finally broke down and logged back in to clear my first Lich because hecc that noise and refuse to spawn another until the Lich system and Kuva weapons are fixed. That however does not preclude me from recognizing broken aspect(s) of the current system and that those are not the fault of the players.