Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR9 Test To Difficult Now?

PhyrLyt

During the third segment, you'll need to wait until all three of the first set of guards move to the furthest point from the others patrol paths.  (IE: they move to where you 'enter'.)  Then kill all three.  The bodies are outside the visual range of the remaining 3, which you can pick off at your leisure.

On 2019-11-17 at 5:30 PM, schilds said:

I don't think this game has sufficient basic stealth mechanics for the test to be random (to prevent learning a routine) while still being pass/fail. Most stealth games have stuff like dark and light areas, some ability to manipulate enemy routines (e.g. creating distractions), ability to move/hide bodies, ability to hide in the environment, multiple alert levels and better indicators for those levels, telegraphing (or an ability to reveal/scout) enemy routines on the fly, etc.

Actually, WF had all of this.  It's just that DE has been slowly nerfing stealth mechanics into the ground.  And now with channeling gone, the only frame that can still do all of that is Ivara with an Arca Plasmor.  I say the Plasmor because it does destroy bodies.  

On 2019-11-17 at 5:51 PM, Pizzarugi said:

Since you need to rely on stealth, my advice is to try using a frame capable of destroying bodies, such as Nekros' Desecrate. The other option is to run stealth frames like Loki. Loki with a glaive was how I did MR9 a long time ago.

If i recall you are not allowed to use frame abilities and its melee only.

The updates have made this and rank 19 much harder.

It is still possible however to cheese them with banshees passive and any gunblade.  Stay at a vantage point snd dnipe everything from a distance well crouching.

That should still work.

In case you are still struggling (or anyone else having issues with MR9), here's how I cheesed it. 

- Install Enemy Detection on my warframe, which allowed to know where the enemies are and which way they were facing, without having to peek around walls.

- Build the Kestrel (throwing weapon), as the blueprint is available at the market, with not toot hard to get resource requirements

- Installed the mod Whirlwind on Kestrel and maxed that out. The mod will greatly increse both the throwing speed and the travel distance. No need to get anywhere near the enemy, just insta hit them from across the tileset!

Getting the Whirlwind will be the only grind or plat expenditure, but it can be acquired on the cheap. Imo, it was worth it as my other options were to git gud, or stop warframing.

I played this game for 4 years and only now know that channeling had that effect....

for stealth mission, ivara and loki always my first and second choice, well back then I don’t really remember having problem with body leave behind, but maybe that just how it works back then.

Le 18/11/2019 à 01:51, -CdG-Zilchy a dit :

DE annoys me when they do things like this and make no effort to fix it so I made a step by step video for players to follow. This will always work, the enemy movements are scripted and the pattern I use limits their chance of seeing a corpse and in the 2 spots that they can(both are mentioned) it is easy to adjust and still complete it. As for weapons, frames etc, take what the hell you want, I've gone for stealth as you can see with a nice noisy, chunky Rhino. I also removed my riven and Primed Reach pff my Guandao to put myself in the shoes of a newer player. 

https://youtu.be/IR-67fx4Hco

DE annoys you when they do what ? Making a challenge that is not the breezest of breeze ?

Obviously, people are not dead stuck at mr9, it just takes some practice (which you'd expect, it's a test).

Nothing is broken, nothing needs fixing, some players needing to retry a few times is not a problem, this should be the case for all mr tests really.

A game's normal functionnal state is not "the players wins everything by vertue of having a functionnal computer", it's " the player win by vertue of their skill". It's not necesseraly an issue if a game is easy, but that's not the benchmark for a game to need fixing...

Just now, Fallen77 said:

DE annoys you when they do what ? Making a challenge that is not the breezest of breeze ?

Obviously, people are not dead stuck at mr9, it just takes some practice (which you'd expect, it's a test).

Nothing is broken, nothing needs fixing, some players needing to retry a few times is not a problem, this should be the case for all mr tests really.

A game's normal functionnal state is not "the players wins everything by vertue of having a functionnal computer", it's " the player win by vertue of their skill". It's not necesseraly an issue if a game is easy, but that's not the benchmark for a game to need fixing...

No when they accidentally increased the grineer spotting range by a huge amount and inadvertently altered the test. It was all in the name of removing Ivara noise arrow cheese but it affected other things like Adaro levelling for example. And if you think I want the game to be easy you need to have a look at some of my other posts lol.

il y a 9 minutes, -CdG-Zilchy a dit :

No when they accidentally increased the grineer spotting range by a huge amount and inadvertently altered the test. It was all in the name of removing Ivara noise arrow cheese but it affected other things like Adaro levelling for example. And if you think I want the game to be easy you need to have a look at some of my other posts lol.

So what ? Is it still doable ? (Yes it is)

Have you ever considered that maybe they decided to not change it back.

They changed stealth mechanics, it did not happen magicaly by night, no, they decided that it's what they want stealth to be now. Why would it be accidental ? Because you said so ?

And even if the game coded itself magically over night... Like op showed us, it is doable => it works => nothing to be fixed

I'm not saying it's a good state of things, but there is a huge difference between not agreeing with a design and a design beeing actually not functionnal.

16 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

So what ? Is it still doable ? (Yes it is)

Have you ever considered that maybe they decided to not change it back.

They changed stealth mechanics, it did not happen magicaly by night, no, they decided that it's what they want stealth to be now. Why would it be accidental ? Because you said so ?

And even if the game coded itself magically over night... Like op showed us, it is doable => it works => nothing to be fixed

I'm not saying it's a good state of things, but there is a huge difference between not agreeing with a design and a design beeing actually not functionnal.

Quite possible but I know that they intended to prevent cheesing with Ivara  they didn't intend to affect everything else. Did they just decide it was better? Maybe. Or maybe they just have better things to focus on. Personally I'm more frustrated that it affected Adaro runs but I do not think they intended it to alter the MR test because if they wanted to do that, they could've easily done it ages ago at any time. It sure as hell made the Tavier Corsair Adaro challenge much harder lol.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 1

On 2019-11-17 at 9:34 PM, TheKianL said:

Not gonna lie, I struggled a little with this one too (mr17 now) - took me two attempts (I didn't know I could go into practice back then, rip my time)

My friend (who is now mr11) struggled with it too, and I did it for him pretty easily. Try the Skiajati (the nikana you get from The Sacrifice) as it has a passive that allows you to go invisible for a pretty decent amount of time after stealth kills. And as you probably know, most (if not all) of your kills will probably be stealth ones. 

I know it doesn't fix the issue with the bodies, but as another person said, try Nekros. If you don't have him, just give the Skiajati a shot. Trust me, it makes the mr9 test a cakewalk. 

Good luck dude. That test is stupid. 

That is ehat i was thinking about. Skiajaty

Il y a 14 heures, -CdG-Zilchy a dit :

Quite possible but I know that they intended to prevent cheesing with Ivara  they didn't intend to affect everything else. Did they just decide it was better? Maybe. Or maybe they just have better things to focus on. Personally I'm more frustrated that it affected Adaro runs but I do not think they intended it to alter the MR test because if they wanted to do that, they could've easily done it ages ago at any time. It sure as hell made the Tavier Corsair Adaro challenge much harder lol.

But yeah, one way or another, we agree that it's really not the best as it is right now...

Admittedly, that one took me a while, but only because I had to learn pathing. I didn't use channeling to complete it - I just stealth attacked the normal way with my Dex Dakra, back when that was my favorite melee weapon.

The Operator tests are waaaay harder. There's one that's simply bugged badly in the 20+ range (I think it was 23, but can't remember) which probably still is not fixed.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

3 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Admittedly, that one took me a while, but only because I had to learn pathing. I didn't use channeling to complete it - I just stealth attacked the normal way with my Dex Dakra, back when that was my favorite melee weapon.

The Operator tests are waaaay harder. There's one that's simply bugged badly in the 20+ range (I think it was 23, but can't remember) which probably still is not fixed.

I completed that a few times in the simulacrum with my Orthos Prime. Then I try the actual test and a Grineer from 2 blocks away breaks their pattern and come stare at me for 5 minutes without flinching. The moment I move some laser sight catches me between 3 columns and starts shooting. 

Not impossible by all means, but after 3 days of failure, the game was no longer fun. It's my belief that games should  be designed from the ground up for stealth, otherwise it's awkward and frustrating.

4 minutes ago, oreom said:

I completed that a few times in the simulacrum with my Orthos Prime. Then I try the actual test and a Grineer from 2 blocks away breaks their pattern and come stare at me for 5 minutes without flinching. The moment I move some laser sight catches me between 3 columns and starts shooting. 

Huh. Sounding like it's bugged, to me.

• 1 month later...

This is a game quitting test for me. It's just so dumb. Rest of the game is so different. Now these grunts can spot you from across the map. 

(And honestly,  if you beat mr9 before the patch you really have no place whiteknighting these "tests".)

I hate this game because of it and really won't play it due to being so frustrating and unnecessary. Failed like 20 times. 

Really don't even want to play it anymore...kicker is I built a MR9 boss weapon that I'll probably never see. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-12-28 at 3:55 PM, TARINunit9 said:

Try Banshee + Redeemer or Sarpa. Her passive works on gunblades, and enemies in stealth tests used to only have 1hp

They don't have 1 HP anymore. They have more than that. And Redeemers drop off is such that it's entirely possible to aim/shoot at one of the bastards, hit and damage him, not kill him, and when he turns to look at you his detection range is longer than your goddamned bullet can shoot to kill.

This is the epitome of absolutely broke-$&*^ bullS#&$. Apparently bullets have a less travel distance than what the AI  can detect you at.  I'll try the test again, for the 20th+ time, tomorrow, but I'm a hair away from giving away the plat and any decent mods I have and uninstalling this garbage. And the only other game I've ever rage uninstalled was Dark Souls: Prepare to Die.

It would be more understandable if: one, it was actually gatekeeping you behind a skill level required to do content with a group (ie, without the skills this test tests, you will be a hindrance and not an asset); two, if it was further on, and you could still unlock all the weapons the game has to offer and missions the game has to offer. As it stands, neither of these is the case, and it's just a case of incompetently fixing an issue with no awareness or attention paid to the new issues it causes. and shoving their head in the sand once the new issues are brought to their attention.

Edited by Mr-Pyre

The first 2 sets of guys you can run up and melee stealth kill them just have to learn the walking patterns.

At present however. The final platform i had to cheese by jumping back a platform and using the ramp to hide. As i slowly sniped them with their backs turned with a gunblade.

Even then it can act weird and they mite see you. But if u use the ramp uou can hide better.

It is bs that this is much harder then it should be.  But after practicing 10 times. I did the actual test and only failed 1 time. This was on my fresher pc account that has less gear mods etc.

On 2019-11-22 at 6:19 AM, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

If i recall you are not allowed to use frame abilities and its melee only.

The updates have made this and rank 19 much harder.

It is still possible however to cheese them with banshees passive and any gunblade.  Stay at a vantage point snd dnipe everything from a distance well crouching.

That should still work.

Tried twice on xbox n failed. 

Is this the same issue with MR19?

A few people have pointed out that the stealth tests have been somewhat nerfed in terms of what you are able to use, for example the body not vanishing, but the sight-range of each hostile is way to far then it should be possible, getting spotted 30-40m away. where it should only be 5m? 

5 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

Wisp and melee did the job for me when I did this (same when I did mr 19 a few weeks back).

Take advantage of her passive and use motus signal for more air time

Wisp is great for this, but as of the lastest issue, the second you make contact with the floor you can be spotted