Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Giant wisp

axlar2

The sphere is interesting as anything in there will show up on the dry dock skybox. So in theory it is possible to create a custom skybox for the dry dock....

There's only one slight problem though, you can't place decorations directly inside it...

11 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Go outside in decoration mode, then turn back & follow the side of the room

Under it you'll find a little sphere, that's the skybox

Hide contents

unknown.png

Nice, I love fun things like this in game after already farming everything in game

57 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

*snip*

Neat, thanks!

47 minutes ago, axlar2 said:

The sphere is interesting as anything in there will show up on the dry dock skybox. So in theory it is possible to create a custom skybox for the dry dock....

There's only one slight problem though, you can't place decorations directly inside it...

Yeah, weird that they'd specifically disallow that. They did the same for orbiters, used to be you could glitch the camera out, then find the skybox and place things in it. Then they fixed kludged it by teleporting the camera back inside the moment you glitch it outside, so you can't do that anymore. Then, in this recent orbiter interior update, they repositioned the ships within the skyboxes, so if you had placed any decorations into the skybox previously, they're not visible anymore.

*sigh* No fun allowed.

Edited by SordidDreams

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

Yeah, weird that they'd specifically disallow that. They did the same for orbiters, used to be you could glitch the camera out, then find the skybox and place things in it. Then they fixed kludged it by teleporting the camera back inside the moment you glitch it outside, so you can't do that anymore. Then, in this recent orbiter interior update, they repositioned the ships within the skyboxes, so if you had placed any decorations into the skybox previously, they're not visible anymore.

They didn’t fix it, they just made it harder to do. Unfortunately, people keep reporting the bugs and asking for them to be fixed, so the methods are kept pretty secret now.

6 minutes ago, swiftasacoursing said:

They didn’t fix it, they just made it harder to do. Unfortunately, people keep reporting the bugs and asking for them to be fixed, so the methods are kept pretty secret now.

So is it still possible to place things inside of the orbiter skybox, and where is this skybox located?

The only secret thing I have found outside of the orbiter was a secret room with nothing in it...

3 minutes ago, axlar2 said:

So is it still possible to place things inside of the orbiter skybox, and where is this skybox located?

The only secret thing I have found outside of the orbiter was a secret room with nothing in it...

If you think of the front of the orbiter as north, then the skybox is very far to the east (usually), and yes it’s still possible to place things out there.

and that secret room you mentioned is a test room for textures/lighting

Edited by swiftasacoursing

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

So how do you get the camera out, then? I couldn't figure it out.

You need to be in decoration mode and find a "special" corner, then just press the camera against the wall and wiggle like crazy.

As for the orbiter skybox..... you can still place things in it, but it's kinda useless as the sky box changes for every planet that you visit.

10 hours ago, axlar2 said:

You need to be in decoration mode and find a "special" corner, then just press the camera against the wall and wiggle like crazy.

As for the orbiter skybox..... you can still place things in it, but it's kinda useless as the sky box changes for every planet that you visit.

So there is a spot where the camera won't get teleported back in? Cool! Where is it?

Well yeah, you have to place decorations for each planet if that's what you want to do. I can't be bothered anymore, I'm more interested in recovering the decorations that have been stranded out there and made pointless by DE's repositioning of the ships within the skyboxes.