Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean co-op...


Samhel
 Share

Recommended Posts

I know it's a co-op game and everything but, what should i do if i don't want to have randoms on my railjack (toxicity, and no i don't want to bother kicking out players, i've had enough of toxic players back when i played league of legends years ago) and my clanmates don't have time to play when i'm able to play (latenight mostly)?
I don't even like eidolon hunts and i'm trying to just buy everything with platinum because so many randoms become toxic just because they can't do 5x3... (wtf guys), because most players are just impatient douchbags in public... 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm fairly certain there will be stealth fields and automated turret systems for the Railjack, among other things.  Having an actual NPC crew might remedy a few problems on its own.

It will be solo viable, just not initially balanced around solo play.  They're in a for a shock if they hardline "co-op strongly recommended."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

For some strange reason people think that is only either solo the stuff or get matched with random players in pubs, it's almost as premade squads don't exist, no friends, no clan squads.

Hm, that depends on the person. Some people don't like looking for others over the recruit chat, or, as is also at me, I had several people playing in our ghost clan, but now I am left with only one person and we are not the biggest fans of the RNG that is randoms/recruit chat.

Of course joining a new clan would also waste all our ressources we invested in all we have, so that is also an issue for us. Offering the open spots could work, but then, who would want to join a ghost clan with only 2 people in it, an weird looking dojo, etc etc?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not everyone can be a social butterfly, and not all "cope" well with being random people from the Public matchmaking. I myself don't like joining up in matchmaking since I know I am not a player that oneshots eidolons and such, and I can't help but feel like that is demanded if I join up for even basic eidolon bounty.

Going by that, I personally will rather fly in my duo where I can mess up piloting, than hosting and expecting immediate criticism when I bump into a stone I didn't see to my right.

But then, not all are like me or my friend. Of course there are people who would want Railjack missions of 8 or 16 or more people, and others, who will refuse ever switching away from the solo setting. Most can only hope that the Crew skill wont take too long, but how the Holiday season is ahead of us... Might be my duo will be open sometimes, so please be kind if you see us then.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Oh, that's all, huh? Wow you're a genius......

 

Easier said than done.

So you are saying you have never met a non toxic player? Wow PS4 must be a nightmare.

I have a group I learnt to do Eidolon hunts with, we all started about the same time. It was very simple, if you get on with someone in public, send a friend request (right click, add friend). Then you can invite them to your own hunts when you are online, and they will message you to see if you're interested. The same could be said with any other content, it could be farming or relics, toroids, whatever. Just try recruit chat, find the people you get on with and send a friend request. 

If someone turns out to be toxic, you can unfriend them.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Samhel said:

I know it's a co-op game and everything but, what should i do if i don't want to have randoms on my railjack (toxicity, and no i don't want to bother kicking out players, i've had enough of toxic players back when i played league of legends years ago) and my clanmates don't have time to play when i'm able to play (latenight mostly)?
I don't even like eidolon hunts and i'm trying to just buy everything with platinum because so many randoms become toxic just because they can't do 5x3... (wtf guys), because most players are just impatient douchbags in public... 

You can try to recruit people to your clan that are in your time zone maybe? Or just go at it solo even? Succeeding in Railjack isn't hard locked to group play, and frankly everyone is getting ahead of themselves with this whole difficulty curve deal when we've yet experience it, DE on their own can't be trusted to gauge the difficulty of this games content because they've just historically had a bad track of understanding that part of the game, and just because they think it'll be hard by their standards that hardly means it'll translate the same to any moderately geared/experience player. could be a cake walk, will probably be a cake walk. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

You can try to recruit people to your clan that are in your time zone maybe? Or just go at it solo even? Succeeding in Railjack isn't hard locked to group play, and frankly everyone is getting ahead of themselves with this whole difficulty curve deal when we've yet experience it, DE on their own can't be trusted to gauge the difficulty of this games content because they've just historically had a bad track of understanding that part of the game, and just because they think it'll be hard by their standards that hardly means it'll translate the same to any moderately geared/experience player. could be a cake walk, will probably be a cake walk. 

Hell, [DE]Sheldon has said himself in the devstream that he soloed it a few times to check how difficult it can get for players when compared to co-op, so I really won't be surprised if players quickly learns how to solo it with ease.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Hell, [DE]Sheldon has said himself in the devstream that he soloed it a few times to check how difficult it can get for players when compared to co-op, so I really won't be surprised if players quickly learns how to solo it with ease.

by cheesing it using stealth on the railjack & just using archwing instead.
basically the railjack is just a giant movable defense target at that point and you constantly have to babysit it or fail the mission.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HowDenKing said:

by cheesing it using stealth on the railjack & just using archwing instead.
basically the railjack is just a giant movable defense target at that point and you constantly have to babysit it or fail the mission.

did he talked about using specters to manage the railjack? i would love to see specters be used to substitute players when going solo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HowDenKing said:

by cheesing it using stealth on the railjack & just using archwing instead.
basically the railjack is just a giant movable defense target at that point and you constantly have to babysit it or fail the mission.

Seems like it. Unless they make it such that enemy fighter attacks/detection deal extreme amount of damage so small archwings can't handle it for long periods, players would just hide the railjack behind some asteroid and make do with that,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Toppien said:

did he talked about using specters to manage the railjack? i would love to see specters be used to substitute players when going solo

Specters don't interact w/ anything other than shooting enemies,  
best case scenario you can use one to protect your ship from boarding parties - worst case it just teleports into the next area you're in (boarding enemy ships, derelict, etc)  

Just now, Aadi880 said:

Seems like it. Unless they make it such that enemy fighter attacks/detection deal extreme amount of damage so small archwings can't handle it for long periods, players would just hide the railjack behind some asteroid and make do with that,

Exactly, either it's completely unbalanced to the point where archwing is useless (using it on the plains/orb vallis w/o it getting shot off of you at 100% health?) or it's going to be better to just leave the railjack behind and do it all in AW mode.
Even if they were on equal footing, I'd still just use AW, as if I die in AW, I can just revive, if my railjack dies, the mission is failed.

Edited by HowDenKing
Added 2nd Quote
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Aadi880 said:

Hell, [DE]Sheldon has said himself in the devstream that he soloed it a few times to check how difficult it can get for players when compared to co-op, so I really won't be surprised if players quickly learns how to solo it with ease.

Hope it will be around the difficulty as managing to solo Profit-Taker was for me then (I know it doesnt mean much as everyone has their own learning experiences with it, but i will just say my corvas wasn't formad and I lacked the mods to have the orbs weakness element, all because I just decided to try it for the NW mission), that would be do-able still. But yeah, gotta wait till it's out to properly gauge difficulty, since the Devstream was simply a smackdown on the squad saved only by Godmode

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HowDenKing said:

Specters don't interact w/ anything other than shooting enemies,  
best case scenario you can use one to protect your ship from boarding parties - worst case it just teleports into the next area you're in (boarding enemy ships, derelict, etc)

well obviously they could modify their behavior for raijack game-play, i mean add functions like assign specters to turrets in case there's no players around, or assign others to defend the interior or even put internal turrets and traps on the railjack, sort of what rails already had for defense assigning specter squads and turrets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Toppien said:

well obviously they could modify their behavior for raijack game-play, i mean add functions like assign specters to turrets in case there's no players around, or assign others to defend the interior or even put internal turrets and traps on the railjack, sort of what rails already had for defense assigning specter squads and turrets.

What you're looking for is the CREW that is coming whenever after empyrian releases, but probably won't be as feature rich as we want it.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Samhel said:

I know it's a co-op game and everything but, what should i do if i don't want to have randoms on my railjack (toxicity, and no i don't want to bother kicking out players, i've had enough of toxic players back when i played league of legends years ago) and my clanmates don't have time to play when i'm able to play (latenight mostly)?
I don't even like eidolon hunts and i'm trying to just buy everything with platinum because so many randoms become toxic just because they can't do 5x3... (wtf guys), because most players are just impatient douchbags in public... 

DE has stated that as you get later into the railjack progress you will have easyier time doing solo as they wont be releasing railjack right away with commander skill an npc crew.
along with clans will have research for the railjack part upgrades so even if you go solo day one your gonna pretty much have 0 luck at completing a mission all by yourself.

once we have the commander skill with the npc crew option playing solo will actually be easy cause you will have the npc team that you picked out to do other things on your ship that you wont have to be micromanaging all on your own. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...