Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spoilered!

(PSN)SkroderSkrodz

I just played the game for over a month ago. I'm MR7 now but with only a few hours in- 60+ in game hours. Lately this week I've been playing Coba on Earth in the Public realm.

One game this morning, I noticed this MR18 Inaros doing some fantastic ninja acrobatics when suddenly I saw a small, lanky person come in and out of Inaros. This happened a lot of times during the game, and I've captured multiple screenshots of this small person. I researched further online and discovered about Operators. Further googling showed on the initial search results about how operators are the ones controlling Warframes. And this should be revealed when I finish the Second Dream Quest. I know I should be doing that quest already, as I've been delaying Natah for weeks now as I feel I'm very underpowered on Europa. 

To be honest, it crushed me to know that Warframes are just sort of pseudo-armors or whatever and someone's controlling them from the inside.

I know that this game is pretty old (6-7 years) and I think I know that I should know about operators already, but is it too much to ask the vets and high MR players to not use operators while with low MR players like myself? I may be called out here for being entitled for whining about spoilers for a 7-year old game, but I feel pretty much spoilered and it bummed me out about the Warframes I'm collecting as of the moment. 

*sad Tenno face* 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

Yes, spoilers are a bad thing that can happen, but at MR7 you should have expected something to happen. It was only a time before it happened. 

Try going through the questline, there are very many details that you're missing.

I tried finishing Natah but I don't have enough mods or endo yet to upgrade my gameplay. But I'll try to finish the quests this weekend. 

vor 9 Minuten schrieb (PS4)SkroderSkrodz:

I know that this game is pretty old (6-7 years) and I think I know that I should know about operators already, but is it too much to ask the vets and high MR players to not use operators while with low MR players like myself? I may be called out here for being entitled for whining about spoilers for a 7-year old game, but I feel pretty much spoilered and it bummed me out about the Warframes I'm collecting as of the moment. 

*sad Tenno face* 

so you mean everyone who already had finished the questline (which isn't that much to play) should everytime he playes check the profiles of anybody if they already finished and then maybe use his operator? ... 

Edited by (PS4)NewcastleDisease
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

so you mean everyone who already had finished the questline (which isn't that much to play) should everytime he playes check the profiles of anybody if they already finished and then maybe use his operator? ... 

I mean if those who finished the quest should refrain from using the operator in the presence of low-level players on low-level nodes? I'm not talking about for myself but for those below players below MR5. I was just saying if it was too much to ask. If it is, then me being bummed out is unreasonable then. 

Ha yeah the second dream. Technicly even if you have some intel just play the quest as fast as you can without getting more spoilers and believe me its totaly worth it.

From Soundtrack to cinematics.

What are you still doing here ? Still reading ? NO ! GO ! Do the second dream quest ^.^ youll thank me later ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

Requesting that players not play the game the way it was meant to be played just because you're late to the game. It's not a spoiler anymore. You're just late. Yes, it is absolutely too much to ask that vets not bring out their operators. They shouldn't have to limit their gameplay just because you're new. Also, that shouldn't bum you out about getting warframes. The Warframes have always been armor for the Tenno, with the Tenno inside. That has never not been the case. And TSD kinda reveals something different anyway.

Edited by TheGildedOni
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

To be honest, it crushed me to know that Warframes are just sort of pseudo-armors or whatever and someone's controlling them from the inside.

*sad Tenno face* 

keep playing the main questline, youll find out you're wrong 🙂

Can understand the pain of the spoiler. Played with a friend who was a tiny bit ahead of me and my gf, so one day he went "guys, look at this" and spoils what would've been a cool twist. Even worse since up to that point only played as a trio so never had the possibility of being spoiled by other.

It should be an option that, if you didn't finish the quest, you can't see operator. Sure, it will look like that rando MR22 is t-posing for a moment as they use energizing dash.

• Like 2

When I first started the game last year, I honestly thought these lanky fellows were some sort of cosmetic (they are usually decorative). I never saw them used much and certainly never saw them do anything other than pop out sometimes.

• Like 1

I try to avoid using my Operator when there are newbies present but my muscle memory often gets the best of me.

Edited by Guest

32 minutes ago, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

is it too much to ask the vets and high MR players to not use operators while with low MR players like myself?

I'm MR 27 and I always avoid using my operator with low MR people on the team. The issue is that my cut off is about MR 6 since you have had time to do that quest. Otherwise how far do I go? I consider anything below MR 20 low these days since you can get about that far in a month. Lol 

So I hate to say you're past the reasonably point of people helping avoid that spoiler unfortunately. 

il y a 43 minutes, (PS4)NewcastleDisease a dit :

Funny enough; that's exactly what I'm doing already & what I ask to the new members of my clan "try to avoid spoilers".

I do believe that if you do meet low-MR you are most likely equiped to deal with the mission without your operator (except for the Gift of the Lotus with high-level mission accessible to new-ish players 😄 ).

Edited by Umbriellan

il y a 49 minutes, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz a dit :

is it too much to ask the vets and high MR players to not use operators

Yes it is. Especially when the game itself doesnt care about spoiler. Previous nightwave had operator cosmetic you can click on them and see whats going on, go in your foundry check the arcanes and you ll see everything about operator.

Also its a reflex to use the operator, most of players ll do it whitout thinking and most players ll not even look at whos in the party.

And like you said its old, it doesnt matter.

Another spoiler for you, warframe lore is a joke.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

I just played the game for over a month ago. I'm MR7 now but with only a few hours in- 60+ in game hours. Lately this week I've been playing Coba on Earth in the Public realm.

One game this morning, I noticed this MR18 Inaros doing some fantastic ninja acrobatics when suddenly I saw a small, lanky person come in and out of Inaros. This happened a lot of times during the game, and I've captured multiple screenshots of this small person. I researched further online and discovered about Operators. Further googling showed on the initial search results about how operators are the ones controlling Warframes. And this should be revealed when I finish the Second Dream Quest. I know I should be doing that quest already, as I've been delaying Natah for weeks now as I feel I'm very underpowered on Europa. 

*sad Tenno face* 

This is why when I help new players I do not use operator and if I do it is off to a secluded room away from them. Also note the spoiler is less about that we have operators and more about the lore behind them.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

but is it too much to ask the vets and high MR players to not use operators while with low MR players like myself?

Its a fair shout, but as a high MR player, i feel I should share some points.

Firstly, the community was very good about not spoiling the second dream for months after its release. However, this far on its been generally excepted as a relaxed thing.

Secondly, do considder that many peoples oporators are part of peoples builds now. Many pop into oporator to activate thier abilities without really thinking it these days.

Lastly, I dont know about some people, but i never really look at mastery levels too much. Unless its at or below MR3 (the requirment for doing second dream) in which case I wont use oporators if i can help it. In your case you were twice the level required for compleating the second dream.

55 minutes ago, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

Just saying, but arnt all armors controlled from the inside?

JK

Anyway, this concept gets way more interesting down the line. Get to the sacrifice for more!

• Like 1

To be honest you spoiled it yourself by researching it online, every time there is mentioning of operators, it is tagged as spoilers.

And by the way they are not really inside, you still have huge brain #*!%up coming up in the Sacrifice quest.

• Like 1

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Umbriellan:

Funny enough; that's exactly what I'm doing already & what I ask to the new members of my clan "try to avoid spoilers".

totally ok if you know the players.. but on public missions i simply have not the time to klick on every profil, waiting for loaded screen, searching for the predictions to know if someone has finished the quest line and switch to the next.. i would stay about 10 minutes in a mission while doing this - most missions are already done in 10 Minutes.

if you go public with a low level char you should be aware, that some player are way beyond you're experience so they will have more and other options then you. that's the same in every game... 

and right after he got spoilered and did some research about it, he didn't even scratch the real surface of what warframes are.. so i don't think that this is so dramatically?

Edited by (PS4)NewcastleDisease
typo

44 minutes ago, SECURATYYY said:

Not quite.

Exactly. That's actually the original lore of Warframe, and what we thought about the Warframes before The Second Dream. We started questioning that when they released Nekros, and that ultimately led to what DE did with TSD.

• Like 1

That's not much of a spoiler, also Ordis calls you operator right from the start and every one else tenno scoom 😄  Also there is that new player trailer, all the devstreams etc. If they really wanted to hide it they should have made it invisible for players not finished the quests.
Also that Inaros was not very good at hiding his op... and on low level missions why do you need and op at all and with an inaros non the less 😄 

Edited by vegetosayajin
  • Like 1