Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spoilered!

(PSN)SkroderSkrodz

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XB1)Demon Intellect:

So you're the guy who goes to earth sees MR 1 and 2's and goes 'let's spoil a major reveal for these guys.' 

and again, thats not what i've wrote. but thats what you want to think because you can blame someone then, hm?

may you should read again what i've wrote. i'd explain clearly (i think) why noone would think a MR7 don't know operators. and beside that other details. i've absolut have no idea how you come up with MR1 or 2.

1 minute ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

and again, thats not what i've wrote. but thats what you want to think because you can blame someone then, hm?

may you should read again what i've wrote. i'd explain clearly (i think) why noone would think a MR7 don't know operators. and beside that other details. i've absolut have no idea how you come up with MR1 or 2.

MR 7 isnt very high and you can get stuck on earlier planets. One guy in this very thread said theyd been putting off Natah because they felt too weak.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Demon Intellect:

MR 7 isnt very high and you can get stuck on earlier planets. One guy in this very thread said theyd been putting off Natah because they felt too weak.

the second dream has a requirement of MR3, and its locked behind uranus(natah) and neptune junction which isn't that far. yeah you can play it with a much higher ranks but normally most player play the storyline first. with your assumtion you would never make use of your operator, because you would never know if someone knows them or not. or do we have to wait for a group of MR27 to use them?

i don't use my operator that much aside from kuva and eidolon, mainly to heal others in higher lvl (60+). but i can understand that most player don't have time to check everything in order to play a quick mission. this game should be fun, not work...

may the suggestion to make them invisible for these players would be helpful, but that's nothing player can do. also as already told (by someone else) in this thread either, you get so many hints about operators - just get to the market and look at cosmetics, look in the codex, or give baro a visit. or quills and vox solaris. and so on....

Edited by (PS4)NewcastleDisease
add some...

The devs pretty much pulled the plug on this being some kind of secret when they made operators more important to gameplay. It used to be that most people would pop out of their operator once per round to get their passive buff, but now there's reason to pop in and out near constantly for some of the focus trees.

Don't judge people by MR. If you do, assume the worst case scenario.

Some people want to complete the storyline ("beat the game") as fast as possible.
Other people want to highest rank ("beat the game") as fast as possible.
Some just want to try everything before they decide what's their favorite loadout.

I like how the glyph looks at MR16/17/18 and I'm using it as a cosmetic for my Warframe. I have MR19 test waiting for a while now. Maybe even more tests queued after that one.

20 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

That's not much of a spoiler, also Ordis calls you operator right from the start and every one else tenno scoom 😄  Also there is that new player trailer, all the devstreams etc. If they really wanted to hide it they should have made it invisible for players not finished the quests.
Also that Inaros was not very good at hiding his op... and on low level missions why do you need and op at all and with an inaros non the less 😄 

Good point. That recent new trailer is gonna spoil it for every new player if they put it in the game. Maybe not spoil spoil, but they will be like "so thats who that was". I wonder if many of them will assume it is the lotus. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

totally ok if you know the players.. but on public missions i simply have not the time to klick on every profil, waiting for loaded screen, searching for the predictions to know if someone has finished the quest line and switch to the next.. i would stay about 10 minutes in a mission while doing this - most missions are already done in 10 Minutes.

if you go public with a low level char you should be aware, that some player are way beyond you're experience so they will have more and other options then you. that's the same in every game... 

and right after he got spoilered and did some research about it, he didn't even scratch the real surface of what warframes are.. so i don't think that this is so dramatically?

Creator mode exists for a reason, if you haven't completed the quests. Turn that on if you don't like spoilers. Turn it off when you're ready for some.

21 hours ago, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

I just played the game for over a month ago. I'm MR7 now but with only a few hours in- 60+ in game hours. Lately this week I've been playing Coba on Earth in the Public realm.

One game this morning, I noticed this MR18 Inaros doing some fantastic ninja acrobatics when suddenly I saw a small, lanky person come in and out of Inaros. This happened a lot of times during the game, and I've captured multiple screenshots of this small person. I researched further online and discovered about Operators. Further googling showed on the initial search results about how operators are the ones controlling Warframes. And this should be revealed when I finish the Second Dream Quest. I know I should be doing that quest already, as I've been delaying Natah for weeks now as I feel I'm very underpowered on Europa. 

To be honest, it crushed me to know that Warframes are just sort of pseudo-armors or whatever and someone's controlling them from the inside.

I know that this game is pretty old (6-7 years) and I think I know that I should know about operators already, but is it too much to ask the vets and high MR players to not use operators while with low MR players like myself? I may be called out here for being entitled for whining about spoilers for a 7-year old game, but I feel pretty much spoilered and it bummed me out about the Warframes I'm collecting as of the moment. 

*sad Tenno face* 

In this case, you can convince the newbie tenno that it is the aspect of the tenno - that is a spiritual form of your avatar - and you can summon it. Although it is not true, but at least it is not so far from the truth either and you may hide the truth behind of The Second Dream without much guilty feelings. After all you need to hide the spoiler, but you can say what you can without breach spoiler alerts.

Just now, DroopingPuppy said:

In this case, you can convince the newbie tenno that it is the aspect of the tenno - that is a spiritual form of your avatar - and you can summon it. Although it is not true, but at least it is not so far from the truth either and you may hide the truth behind of The Second Dream without much guilty feelings. After all you need to hide the spoiler, but you can say what you can without breach spoiler alerts.

That's also a spoiler. Even though it's a lie, they'll feel the story is spoiled for them.

1 minute ago, Uthael said:

That's also a spoiler. Even though it's a lie, they'll feel the story is spoiled for them.

But we can say that it is only a game feature, while keep the secrets of the story arc beneath it. A game feature is hard to conceal, after all. Then, it is better to have some lies to them and protect them from the spoilers, until they are ready to face the truth.

I think that it is something like the presence of Kesheg, Zaar, (Broken) War, and Broken Scepter. We can't unequip them when we saw a newbie without complete The Second Dream and/or The War Within in a public matchmaking, in the first place. All we can say to them are 'this is a quest item' or 'you can make it after finish some quests', but it doesn't have grave spoilers within. I think that the operator is same. It may viewed as some kind of weird specter, isn't?

That's why I think that it is more effective to say a false and vague information to the someone that doesn't know the truth - and the way that someone knows it thinks that it is an intended false information to protect them from the spoilers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Why would you be using an operator on earth (aside from eidolon hunts)? That sounds like someone was trying to spoil people.

Rushing missions for Nightwave? Farming Vaykor Hek for Orokin Cells so you can build railjack? Fighting your lich? Rushing lith relics? Farming Nightmare mods? These are just some examples.

Imma be frank with you, if I'm talking about Star Wars the Force Awakens with my friends and you happen to overhear and get spoiled, I'm not going to feel too sorry for you. That was a movie from 2015, you had a chance to watch it between then and now.

If I happen to instinctively pop into operator and you then go "what's that" and go and Google it and get spoiled I'm not going to feel too sorry for you. That was a quest from 2015 that came out in *a free to play game*, you had a chance to play it between then and now.

6 hours ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Rushing missions for Nightwave? Farming Vaykor Hek for Orokin Cells so you can build railjack? Fighting your lich? Rushing lith relics? Farming Nightmare mods? These are just some examples.

Imma be frank with you, if I'm talking about Star Wars the Force Awakens with my friends and you happen to overhear and get spoiled, I'm not going to feel too sorry for you. That was a movie from 2015, you had a chance to watch it between then and now.

If I happen to instinctively pop into operator and you then go "what's that" and go and Google it and get spoiled I'm not going to feel too sorry for you. That was a quest from 2015 that came out in *a free to play game*, you had a chance to play it between then and now.

All of those examples are crap. Rush missions on earth solo, why even involve other people? Who farms vay hek for orokin cells? Why would a low MR be doing a lich mission since they need TWW complete to be able to do them? Do you not look at the other relics people have? If you do then you know that the person's MR is displayed, so it wouldnt even be out of the way. Also no what you're talking about would be like posting spoilers for the movie on a random place. Just sounds like you are lazy.

Edited by (XB1)Demon Intellect
  • Like 1

I think you were just unlucky to meet that guy, most people usually just pop out their operator to dash and back to their frame, it happens in less than a second (two at most) making it look like a frame ability rather than another playable character.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

All of those examples are crap. Rush missions on earth solo, why even involve other people? Who farms vay hek for orokin cells? Why would a low MR be doing a lich mission since they need TWW complete to be able to do them? Do you not look at the other relics people have? If you do then you know that the person's MR is displayed, so it wouldnt even be out of the way. Also no what you're talking about would be like posting spoilers for the movie on a random place. Just sounds like you are lazy.

A) you didn't ask for example of why you'd play with operator on Earth with new players, you asked for why you'd play with operator on Earth.

B) I farm Vay Hek for Orokin Cells because then I can listen to his sultry voice.

C) no I don't look at the relics other people have. That would require I play with other people. Even when I play pubs, why would I care what relic other people are using? All that matters is who gets a better Reward at the end.

D) I said talking. Like to my friend. Like in real life. I even explicitly mentioned you overhearing it. That is the closest analogy. I'm not using my Operator for you, to spoil you. I'm using it to do my job and you just happen to be there.

E) if a low MR player sees me in operator form that does literally nothing to spoil them since it comes with absolutely 0 context or clarification on what operator form is. I've had clanmates assume it's a specter or a cosmetic (yay for Warframe's inconsistent art style) or any number of other things. The only time it would actually spoil them is if they either ask somebody else (since I don't talk in missions), or go Google it. In either case they're going out of their way to get spoiled.

23 hours ago, BDMblue said:

If some one catches you operating you can try to BS and tell them it’s that Warframe a power. Just say it’s lore is it’s bound to a kid. 

You know, a new player shouldn't even properly comprehend a brief explanation... I asked my clan "How do you beat the Teralyst?" and someone said "press 5". I thought this person was making fun of me because I knew '4' was a frame's ultimate ability.

So you saw something you didn't know about, you googled into it (presumably knowing you'll find stuff you don't know about, a.k.a. spoilers) and now you're sad you spoiled yourself a quest you could've done at MR3?

Sorry mate but we're too far along and operators are a major part of most people's every-mission experience. Personally, if paired with a low MR I'll check their profile for operators and if they don't have it I try to use them somewhere they can't see me. That said, I only do this with people MR5 and lower, anything higher I just assume they have/know about it already.

Edited by TheRealShade
  • Like 2

On 2019-12-10 at 9:37 AM, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

I just played the game for over a month ago. I'm MR7 now but with only a few hours in- 60+ in game hours. Lately this week I've been playing Coba on Earth in the Public realm.

One game this morning, I noticed this MR18 Inaros doing some fantastic ninja acrobatics when suddenly I saw a small, lanky person come in and out of Inaros. This happened a lot of times during the game, and I've captured multiple screenshots of this small person. I researched further online and discovered about Operators. Further googling showed on the initial search results about how operators are the ones controlling Warframes. And this should be revealed when I finish the Second Dream Quest. I know I should be doing that quest already, as I've been delaying Natah for weeks now as I feel I'm very underpowered on Europa. 

To be honest, it crushed me to know that Warframes are just sort of pseudo-armors or whatever and someone's controlling them from the inside.

I know that this game is pretty old (6-7 years) and I think I know that I should know about operators already, but is it too much to ask the vets and high MR players to not use operators while with low MR players like myself? I may be called out here for being entitled for whining about spoilers for a 7-year old game, but I feel pretty much spoilered and it bummed me out about the Warframes I'm collecting as of the moment. 

*sad Tenno face* 

Warframes are a bit more complex than that, not just psuedo-armor. The way they're controlled will still be a bit of a surprise for you. As well as what's actually inside them. 

Edited by Nickolai1

On 2019-12-10 at 10:37 PM, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

I've captured multiple screenshots of this small person. I researched further online and discovered about Operators. Further googling showed on the initial search results about how operators are the ones controlling Warframes.

You literally are the one spoiling yourself.

If you are that sensitive to spoiler.  You shouldn't have googled it or look on wiki.

On 2019-12-10 at 7:05 PM, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

So you mean MR7 is not newbie territory anymore? I feel like I still don't know what I'm doing.

I was running around lua and pluto, doing sorties and some stratos event thing at the time I had just hit MR5. This is just my experience but basically MR means little to me beyond just annoying artificial gate keeping, like, oh, I have this cool riven I can't use or this blueprint for new stuff I can't use yet. Once I was MR16 I basically lost all incentive to rank MR up further since all rivens are now available to me and I haven't seen anything require a higher MR yet.

On 2019-12-10 at 10:37 PM, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

I researched further online and discovered about Operators.

Thats the mistake you made TS... you should haven't dig deeper.  This almost happened to me during pre-War Within era when I saw an Operator jump out.  Got curious and asked the player but he was nice enough to just inform me that I should finish Second Dream to know more. 

This warned me that I'm stepping into spoiler territory so I just leave it at that.

EDIT: There's an unspoken rule that veterans won't spoil the Second Dream to new player so you'll probably get a similar answer if you asked the guy youre running with

Edited by Coldie93

I do feel that there should be a seperate map pre and post second dream - or atleast a match check.

Although i do try to take new players under consideration muscle memory at times betrays me and i end up finishing the mission without thinking much.

also one of the reasons i avoid low level missions, Getting 0% damage while trying to reach the end of the mission with legs that are not used to bullet jumping can frustrate people (both that are doing the running and those that are doing the waiting).

• Like 1