Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spoilered!

(PSN)SkroderSkrodz

So, you saw people going into operator form several times and when you searched for it you found articles tagged with "spoilers" you still chose to read and spoiled yourself.... Not really the high mr players fault. Also, you'll eventually find out the operator is essential to gameplay, and not using it just to avoid getting new players spoiled in a 4 year old quest is a bit.... ridiculous. You also said so yourself, you had no clue who those tiny guys were until you decided to research it.

• Like 3

I check if people with me are mr9 or lower when in lower level missions (including opening Lith and Meso relics). If I want to go into Operator mode, I avoid letting anyone see it. Like a ninja xD

As for the pseudo-armors... Ehhh... I don't want to spoil it further, but you're not really right.

And an advice for ANY game, to ANY of you reading this: Don't look stuff up online except if it's only math or statistics like drop rates. It's like "pay to skip content", but you're not even paying. It just takes away the fun.

• Like 1

i seen that too but unlike you i specifically paid zero attention and basically ignored all the players and focused on my guy. thus when i finished the quest everything was still new and surprising and made sense with what i have seen. idk why you would research it like that

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I'm MR 27 and I always avoid using my operator with low MR people on the team. The issue is that my cut off is about MR 6 since you have had time to do that quest. Otherwise how far do I go? I consider anything below MR 20 low these days since you can get about that far in a month. Lol 

So I hate to say you're past the reasonably point of people helping avoid that spoiler unfortunately. 

So you mean MR7 is not newbie territory anymore? I feel like I still don't know what I'm doing.

2 hours ago, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

Warframes are just sort of pseudo-armors or whatever and someone's controlling them from the inside

Oh ho ho ho, no, not quite. You'll see.

I do agree the game should handle it better and conceal operators from new players somehow, but expecting players to refrain from using them is completely unrealistic.

Edited by SordidDreams

2 hours ago, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

I tried finishing Natah but I don't have enough mods or endo yet to upgrade my gameplay. But I'll try to finish the quests this weekend. 

To be honest, you don't really need much power to beat the questline. Enemies mostly shot projectiles.
Keep moving and they'll have hard time hitting you. Let that be your defense.
Also, shoot for the heads. Or the batteries (rear) in case of Moas. Even if melee. Let that be your offense.

No need to force getting stronger. Seen the anime One Punch Man? The feelings of the main protagonist there - that's what it feels like late-game 😛

• Like 1

I typically try not to use it at all when near MR5 or below while MR9 and below I try to be sneaky about it. The community was phenomenal about keeping it hidden for... years? Probably about 2 years ago they finally basically said, okay, yeah, it's been long enough, just be subtle from now on.

honestly you are still way behind, i had operator on pc before mr5 and unlocked tww, the sacrifice at MR5  

your also wrong about frames if you complete "the sacrifice" quest you will learn more about them and what they really are/were 

1 hour ago, BDMblue said:

The general rule about operator use is if some one in the party is under MR 5 don’t use it. If your 7 it’s just assumed you have done it.

^this , its an unspoken rule though ive seen  some mr 10s or lower try to spoil it which irks me 

I take extreme care when in public matches. I personally will never use my operator if I see a MR6 or lower. And even then, unless I see someone use operator first, I will only use mine for a split second to try and avoid detection. The Second Dream opens up the entire game, completely changes the feel of Warframe. I very much respect the notion of leaving things unspoiled for newer warframe players.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

Really? Because the next Natah quest is up on Uranus and I've been having some problems with the nodes on Europa. But thanks. I'll try the next quest asap 🤞

It might help to learn about enemy weaknesses and resistances. Scan some common enemies a few times and check the Codex about them. You'll see that shields are very resistant to radiation and puncture but weak to impact, cold and especially magnetic. Optionally, you can buy a Codex Scanner with infinite charges from Simaris.

Another good thing about this game - failures cost you nothing. Except in public spy missons, though. That just makes some people angry. You just don't progress if you don't try.

Edited by Uthael
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Uthael said:

Scan some common enemies a few times and check the Codex about them.

Honestly I've only used codex scanners for cephalon fragments. I didn't know that you can scan enemies too, ala Breath of the Wild?

Regarding resistances, I have a basic idea about them but I severely lack mods to get the combined elemental damage types, like radiation, corrosive, etc.

1 minute ago, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

Honestly I've only used codex scanners for cephalon fragments. I didn't know that you can scan enemies too, ala Breath of the Wild?

Regarding resistances, I have a basic idea about them but I severely lack mods to get the combined elemental damage types, like radiation, corrosive, etc.

You can get the 60/60 series of mods from spy missions tier one spy missions do the fire and cold melee ones and tier two does rime rounds and shattering inferno which can be useful. If your felling up to it gear wise tier three spy missions start on Uranus and drop some more of them. The drop chances are high as well between 10-5% for gold mods. You can also get other non 60/60 status mods from spy missions 

Bosses drop some mods often. Not necessarily elemental, though. But Lieutenant Lech Kril (on Mars) has a good chance to drop Molten Impact and Cryo Rounds.

"Easy" Nightmare missions (on Mars and before) drop some elemental mods REALLY often.

Some Augments (I use Shock Trooper on Volt) also give elemental damage, stronger than any weapon mod and to all the weapons you have equipped. You can buy those at Syndicates if you've been good with them for a long while.

And don't forget to recycle your duplicate mods into endo if you have a bunch.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

Build Helios. He's expensive, but he's worth it. He will scan everything for you (including fragments)! You can get him in the Energy Lab at your dojo.

3 hours ago, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

I just played the game for over a month ago. I'm MR7 now but with only a few hours in- 60+ in game hours. Lately this week I've been playing Coba on Earth in the Public realm.

One game this morning, I noticed this MR18 Inaros doing some fantastic ninja acrobatics when suddenly I saw a small, lanky person come in and out of Inaros. This happened a lot of times during the game, and I've captured multiple screenshots of this small person. I researched further online and discovered about Operators. Further googling showed on the initial search results about how operators are the ones controlling Warframes. And this should be revealed when I finish the Second Dream Quest. I know I should be doing that quest already, as I've been delaying Natah for weeks now as I feel I'm very underpowered on Europa. 

To be honest, it crushed me to know that Warframes are just sort of pseudo-armors or whatever and someone's controlling them from the inside.

I know that this game is pretty old (6-7 years) and I think I know that I should know about operators already, but is it too much to ask the vets and high MR players to not use operators while with low MR players like myself? I may be called out here for being entitled for whining about spoilers for a 7-year old game, but I feel pretty much spoilered and it bummed me out about the Warframes I'm collecting as of the moment. 

*sad Tenno face* 

What If I told you that little tweenage murder hobo will trivialize the entire rest of the game?

It’d be nice if you spawned as an undefined vaguely humanoid void energy blur to people who haven’t done the quest already, though I’m not sure if such a thing would put pressure on the engine or not. 

It'd be the equivalent of an intentional placeholder graphic.

1 hour ago, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

So you mean MR7 is not newbie territory anymore? I feel like I still don't know what I'm doing.

It's definitely still newbie territory. But it's also within the space of being able to have completed that quest and beyond. 

A lot of the utility that comes with Operators can heavily affect the way you mod your gear and can make you dependent on using them in some regards, even if only briefly. The flaw here is with DE always forcing veteran players back into low level content with the poor lowbies that have to look upon in horror as we blow through their missions without their contribution.

3 hours ago, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

I mean if those who finished the quest should refrain from using the operator in the presence of low-level players on low-level nodes? I'm not talking about for myself but for those below players below MR5. I was just saying if it was too much to ask. If it is, then me being bummed out is unreasonable then. 

I always hide my operator usage if I'm in a squad with someone less than MR 6. Since by then, they've either done the quest or already been spoiled.