Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Intrinsics Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

overall rail jack system is good but archwing should have its own intrinsic and not be added into other fields. having great fun playing rail jack, but it feels like I keep loosing the odd half of an intrinsic from one mission to the next, ie. at the end of a mission I had 3.5 intrinsic rewarded but next mission start from zero again. 

4 hours ago, Borg1611 said:

Just curious, what was your method of farming intrinsics and how many did you tend to get per mission? 

Chaining first mission, all day long, geting something between 2 and 3 intrinsics each time, It's hard to tell because there is no points like for affinity. Leave the group if they show sign of gathering resources. sometime I find a captain farming zetki bulkhead with an overpowered ship, and I stay as long as he continue.

Edited by Innuen_Doe
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)camwyn-xenos said:

suggestion move or make intrinsic upgrade available for none rail jack owners at the middle console in the hanger, the one where you interact with cepholon cy during rising tide. 

But....why?

Also, Intrinsict upgrades should totally be changeable within the Arsenal, at least the one in the Railjack.  Also, please open up the Arsenal after a mission is completed, and not just at the Dock.  I think during combat is a bit much, but after combat would be great.

• Like 1

Intristics upgrades absolutely need to be accessible while in Drydock,  Currently they are not and you have to return to orbiter.   For those who do not have a ship yet we have to drop group back to orbiter.  Either give access to the console in the Dojo or just give access to the profile menu while in dock.

21 minutes ago, Filanwizard said:

Intristics upgrades absolutely need to be accessible while in Drydock,  Currently they are not and you have to return to orbiter.   For those who do not have a ship yet we have to drop group back to orbiter.  Either give access to the console in the Dojo or just give access to the profile menu while in dock.

More reason to have access to that than just Intrinsics.  If you cap out on dropped weapons/gear, it will auto crap the rest.  And you have no way of being able to choose what to scrap unless you have access to that console.

QoL changes:

Intrinsic rank text should be clearer and made consistent across all parts of Railjack. Using the same keyword in multiple places (intrinsic, avionics, components, armaments, and UI prompts) would make it easier to understand what affects what. I had trouble figuring out what the forward artillery cannon was and what ammo it uses since they had slight differences.

Suggestion for maxed intrinsic:

In a couple months, once we maxed our all 4-5 intrinsic trees, we'll likely have leftover intrinsic points that won't be useful anywhere. I would suggest minor ranks to each tree. After maxing (10 ranks) a tree, you are able to put more points into it for these minor ranks that provide minor stat bonuses. These stats could be something like +1% turret damage, +1% turret heat capacity, -1% heat recharge delay for the gunnery tree (maybe 200 intrinsic per rank). This will still allow you to focus on a tree after maxing everything else out. The major/minor ranks would be something like 10+5 (rank 10 gunnery + 5 minor ranks). If future intrinsic ranks are ever added, you would be forced to rank up the major rank first before being able to rank up the minor rank again, but you would still retain the minor rank bonuses.

17 minutes ago, DeathshotSE said:

Suggestion for maxed intrinsic:

In a couple months, once we maxed our all 4-5 intrinsic trees, we'll likely have leftover intrinsic points that won't be useful anywhere. I would suggest minor ranks to each tree. After maxing (10 ranks) a tree, you are able to put more points into it for these minor ranks that provide minor stat bonuses. These stats could be something like +1% turret damage, +1% turret heat capacity, -1% heat recharge delay for the gunnery tree (maybe 200 intrinsic per rank). This will still allow you to focus on a tree after maxing everything else out. The major/minor ranks would be something like 10+5 (rank 10 gunnery + 5 minor ranks). If future intrinsic ranks are ever added, you would be forced to rank up the major rank first before being able to rank up the minor rank again, but you would still retain the minor rank bonuses.

Talking prestige/paragon levels?

I'd be for that. 

PS4 player 4-4-5-4 

----------------------------------------------

Tactical... I havent used yet.   I kinda wanna try giving commands to a crew of players when im piloting my own ship.... but can I even open that screen while im on a gun? You cant chat when your on a gun....   Only reason I got tactical was to be able to recall to the railjack after taking out a crew ship... 

Piloting..The biggest job of a pilot is to pick up loot, and line up slingshots/artillery.   Most of the time we are dog fighting tho.  I feel like this skill needs an ability fairly early on that highlights/outlines EVERY piece of loot in space and or breakable object.   fighting and crew ships are blowing up all around while your busy trying to kill stuff yourself and so most of it doesnt even get picked up.  You sure as hell cant see loot unless its right there in your face.   Thrusters are a quick evasive move,  Boosters is for longer duration...  Boosters need to accelerate a railjack alot more and for alot longer by default.  I know basic railjack is slow as dirt and nothing helps.   I have +15 to my engine so it oes around 390m/s and its still slow.   I think boost should be like blink.   A short hyper jump.  But definately we need to see visual info for when boost is full/rdy. 

Gunnery... Let me tell you how this goes...  crew ships show up.. you hop in slingshot to take it out...pilot is to busy dog fighting to line up a shot AND/OR the ship is to far away.  But hey they can hammer your railjack to pieces and dump tons of boarding parties on you.    Slingshot should have double base range.   And the sling cannon is a cool concept but we need to be able to aim it 360 degree.  (dont show us getting fired out of it,  just show the few seconds of us rushing towards our target.)  Or maybe put up in giant red letters in the pilots view that the slingshot cannon is loaded and rdy to be fired.      Several ranks of gunnery should let you specialize in crits or status(have to choose)

Engineer... There should be several increments of speeding up repairs, making it cost lost to repair stuff,  letting you forge more from the same amount,  letting you forge stuff for less,  letting your forge hold more cargo,  letting you get more loot from refining(im not rank 7 so I dont know how good that 20% bump is).   

So Rank 1 Engineering is really great for patching hull breaches but I've noticed it being as much a hindrance as a help for dealing with fires, electrical shortages and frozen doors because of the size of the target for quick repair doesn't change but the gauge fills a heck of a lot faster, particularly near the start. Landing a quick repair in the first half, or two-thirds if you get a particularly narrow window, of the gauge is not really worth going for and just riding it out to the end or just tap clicking till you force the rng to give you a reasonable target is just more effective. Could we get a bit of tweaking/reworking for how Applied Omni works for those three hazards?

• Like 1

I had some feedback around intinsrics, especially Tactical and Engineering, because I think there is a lot of potential for some cool dynamics.

Engineering

I think it would be much more interesting to instead of a bunch of ranks just unlocking or improving in-combat manufacturing to instead give side effects to repairing kinds of hazards, as well as a little bit more for making repairs easier

• Electrical Hazard - Increases shield recharge rate and removes shield recharge delay for a small time (aka, Arcane Aegis like effect)
  • Minor Hull Breach - Increases armor and repairs more of the hull over time for a small time
  • Fire Hazard - Increases all resistances for a short time
  • Increase "sweet spot" box size on hazard repair

The primary motivation for this is to incentivize an engineer to repair non-major-hull-breaches, and letting the engineer feel like they're actively helping during combat instead of just being able to make more revolite faster. I am also not saying whether those should all be individual perks or not; just that those are separate bonuses I think would, at least for me, make me feel like I'm contributing more during missions as an engineer.

Tactical

I think replacing a few of the current bonuses with effects for leaving & boarding would be more compelling

• Entering space as archwing - Shield for a few seconds
  • Entering ships/areas as a warframe - Invisibility for a short time

Essentially makes transitioning safer, giving you a leg up to do what you need to do.

All

I think it would be interesting if each intrinsic at a high or the highest level provided a minor loot buff of some kind. In Engineering's case, this would replace the refinement bonus since resources are usually needed inversely compared to the time spent playing. 

• Tactical - Improved Loot Quality from enemies when boarding / invading areas 
  • Engineering - Improved Loot Quality from end-of-mission rewards
  • Gunnery - Improved Loot Quality from space enemies
  • Piloting - Improved Luck on item stats

Improved loot quality is effectively just like refining a void relic; it skews the drop chance towards the uncommon / rare options/
Improved luck on item stats effectively increases the chance the RNG component of a system or weapon is not on the low end.

I'm definitely not trying to bring crazy high percentages to any of these, but I think they would be nice long-term bonuses when you start needing to hunt for perfect rolls or rare gear, especially for putting the time in to max or almost max an intrinsic. I also don't believe these bonuses would stack in multiplayer.

Edited by kailaasa

On 2019-12-14 at 11:40 PM, Klaleara said:

Rank 10 Engineer - Anastasis

PLEASE CHANGE THIS.  This will ruin Railjack for most engineers.  Most of the fun comes from running around patching stuff up on the ship like a chicken with their head cut off!  If you remove that ability, and make it so the meta is standing in one place, remotely patching something, then just jumping back on the gun, it takes so much away from being an engineer.

So I beg you DE, please change this to something else.  Maybe spend some resources to fortify the hull to reduce the amount of breaks or something, idk.  Just not remote repairs.

No way! I want my Holo-desk from wich i can control fire systems, release clouds of nano-machines to seal cracks in the hull, activate heating elements on doors to melt ice, etc etc etc

JARVIS.png

Edited by JC-Denton-DX

having played a little while with railjack, currently ranked 5575 overall running in 2,3,4 tenno squads I have a  few ideas of changes for intrinsic's

archwing have it own intrinsic buffs skill tree. you have a good set of skills just in wrong skill tree

additions

GUNNERY mark target or object, seeing elite units and crew ships from side guns and swapping to main dome you sometimes loose the target your asking the pilot to line up on. this also applys to loot objects if rare parts drop that fellow archwing crew maybe not seeing, because there to far away or on a different vector. using gunfire or rockets to make targets atm

ENGINEER reduce forge cool down 50%

TACTICAL after mission loot radar 10k metre range this would help resource farming and loot detecting. 10k may seem execceifive but I've been checking my range from railjack when farming loot after mission in achwing

PILOT after mission (cosmic crush vacuum fetch) ability NON offencenvie

ARCHWING an ability to synergies with other skill tree IE. the above loot radar.

LOOT atm you have to nearly stand on it to pick it up 10m range using amesha as its the only one that can help defend railjack in smaller squads 9or get near crewships

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:13 PM, Klaleara said:

But....why?

Also, Intrinsict upgrades should totally be changeable within the Arsenal, at least the one in the Railjack.  Also, please open up the Arsenal after a mission is completed, and not just at the Dock.  I think during combat is a bit much, but after combat would be great.

sound idea until the host/railrack owner leaves. Most squads return to hanger to bank and adjust ship then go out again. having a console non railjack owners can get to easy is essential not buried in option profile intrinsic as it is now, (an option that still needs to be there as well). the arsenal is baffling enough for new players without adding skills there. ATM most of my clans squads form in the hanger before entering the railjack so another reason for dockside access. KEEP it simple to much is getting buried in UI layers 

I rather like the new Intrinsic System as it resembles crew rolls and skill sets on an actual ship. After spending a bit of time with the Railjack and the various systems associated with it there are two areas within the Intrinsic System that could be improved and lead to a better experience overall. 

1. Provide additional bonuses that encourage one role, similar to focus schools. Having access to the bonuses across each intrinsic category are overall incredibly useful, but it would be nice to have a specific bonus or set of bonuses when performing your given role while on board. They could function similar to Focus Schools with additional school specific passives while still providing the benefits of all the other Intrinsic categories. 

An example would be additional heat capacity and armor while you’re in a turret with the Gunnery Intrinsic as your primary focus. It might also be an added bonus to have a any extra skills function similar to Aura mods in which the Intrinsic category selected, provides a stackable bonus to all members. 

Another option would be to allow for specific presets of Intrinsics across the board similar to mod capacity with a set amount of space for bonuses. 

2. The inclusion of Archwing bonuses within specific Intrinsic categories is a welcome addition, but feels like an afterthought. It would be even better to provide a separate Intrinsic category specifically for Archwing. (Another related question is: where are the Archwing mission related enemy types?) As it stands now, one might think that the Intrinsics for Archwings are simply a band-aid which only can only hint at one conclusion moving forward. 

Will there be an Intrinsic option for my Warframes and weapons tied to Mastery Rank to provide additional bonuses across the board in the future to streamline (read: “band-aid) the Warframe experience? Warframe has desperately needed a passive stat-boost function to round off a few edges for every piece of gear as well as provide a purpose for Mastery Rank to actually impact the game more than beginning mod capacity and bragging rights. Why not have the option (beyond Operators and Focus Schools) to fully integrate the Warframe experience? 

Edited by (XB1)ZenithLord 42
Archwing...

3 hours ago, (XB1)ZenithLord 42 said:

Provide additional bonuses that encourage one role, similar to focus schools.

How about this idea?

Each Intrinsic has the first few levels dedicated to core functions, then goes into numerical bonuses that are accentuated when you select that 'class'.

Example:

Engineering

1. Applied Omni

2. Flux crafting

3. Munitions crafting

4. Dome charge crafting

5. Anastasis (Long cooldown)

6. Forge yields +25%

7. Forge cooldown -20%

8. Health restore on patch up +20%

9. Archwing defense aura, +20% to all defensive stats

10. Resource drops +10%

Then if the engineer is selected as the active role, all of the percentages are doubled.

I'm not a fan of the Gunner capstone (max level) ability.

In its current form it's terrible. Having my aim briefly snap to lead indicator is only gonna throw me off.

On the other hand if it was a true aimbot then I don't want to get it because I hate the idea of the ultimate expensive ability in a tree entirely invalidating most of my skill. At that that point you might as well make the turret automatic and save me the trouble of holding two buttons.

Either way I will actively avoid getting the ability.

Instead the ultimate ability for gunner 10 should be to link turrets from the other gunner station (if no one is using it) and hence have 4 guns maybe at a slight heat build up increase. Also, as it is now there's pretty much never two dedicated gunners on a team. Most teams are pilot+gunner/engineer+2x away team, even dedicated engineers are rare unless the ship takes a lot of beating and boarders (which decent gunner+pilot will prevent). So the second gunner station goes unused rather often.

Meawhile the pilot should get some limited control over the artillery gun from his station as one of the perks. Preferably replacing the 10% damage reduction at lvl 9 which is currently pretty useless. I know that the idea is to make people work together but think of the time you might want to use the artillery cannon. You can't use it when pilot is dogfighting since you will not be able to hit a thing. The ship has to either be still or accelerating in pretty much a straight line towards the target. So if the cannon is pretty much unusable unless the pilot does nothing then it renders the teamwork aspect pointless. Might as well give the pilot some control over the gun.

Edited by LocoWithGun