Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Bug Report Megathread

SilverBones

Finished a mission in the void (and got the pennant bp). When everyone got on board the ship, none of the controls worked. We couldn't navigate, pilot, gun, not leave the ship. Wally wouldn't talk to us either.

After the host left, we regained control of the ship. We tried returning to dry dock, but the journey took forever. The second host left.

After the second host left, we were stuck in the inky black void. That's where we are now.

It would be cool that upon migration, if the game could detect that it was in a bad state to just successfully return us to drydock.

Edited by Swamarian
thought we had additional crew, didn't.

Immunodes in the anomaly are supposed to have a set of three holders around them, forming a tear drop shape. Those holders are only visible to the host while only the immunode is visible to clients, making them a little harder to spot at a distance or against a dark background. 

Host migrations in railjack are still likely to turn the ship into a default 1000 1000 ship with no avionics, which is very bad in Veil Proxima and can be a total run killer. 

In the notes for update 27.0.6.1 it states that points of interest and crewships that spawn ramsleds will only do so four times. In recent games I've noticed that crewships only spawn one ramsled each, which is fine, while points of interest that launch ramsleds seem to do so infinitely as long as your ship is in range. Or at the very least it seems like they're infinite since many points of interest launch two sleds at once, so if it really is four launches that's 8 pods sent two at a time. It makes it a bit difficult when you happen to spawn in really close to the point of interest.

Sometimes squad status icons don't spawn. Not really gamebreaking but it makes keeping track of your crew as a pilot harder.

Sometimes the hud disappears when using the forge. 

• Like 1

Hi.

Very often when a host migration happens in a railjack mission - I get stuck there without means to complete the mission and get all the reward, because navigation console becomes uninteractible and even if you can complete or already completed the objectives - you cannot leave the mission.

This is superbad assuming how much time certain railjack mission take.

Simultaneous transition issues resulting in non-game response/black screen

Version: Present since Empyrean initial release - 27.0.12.1.

Severity: High - potential game breaking

Reproducible? in normal gameplay rare, however requires precise coordination from two or more players to potentially recreate

Description: If two players transition from two different play area to two other different play areas at the same time, one player can potentially be warped to the area that the previous player had just exited and then has a high chance of ending up in a black screen situation... e.g. Player 1 exits railjack into space near railjack, Player 2 enters Ship killer platform far far away from railjack, Player 1 instead of being immediately outside of the railjack may find themselves right next to the ship killer platform...Black screen for player 1 will occur if Player 2 has just exited a exploding crewship at the very last minute and player 1 ends up transitioning into the exploding crewship... Other conditions along with the simultaneous transitions will cause black screen but I've not seen any consistency over what they may be...

Other info

Most of the UI interface will remain intact, you can still chat, but nothing else will work...  The radar map will not appear until you are actually dead..unknown.png

Occasionally when faced with the black screen after entering operator mode, exiting operator mode will restore the black screen to normal...only applicable if black screen  is a result of entering operator mode

Edited by Skye_Archer
Additional info

As of 27.0.12, controllers in Railjack still have a couple issues:

• Still no keybind for tactical map, although the controller now at least works once it's opened with the keyboard
  • LB can't be rebound (gives an error that it has a "melee stance action" bound to it)
  • Move Down/Dodge/Blink share a keybind (default LB), which causes issues with the drift maneuver when piloting; although it works after the recent patch, it means you have downward momentum anytime you use the drift.
  • Also some weirdness where if you bind Move Down/Dodge/Blink to a different button, it also appears on LB in the control scheme as well as the new binding, but the drift only works on the most recent manual assignment, even if controls are reset. (Eg. If you manually bind it to Y, the controls list Move Down/Dodge/Blink on both LB and Y, but the drift only works when pressing Y. After resetting controls, Y still triggers the drift and LB does not [with the downward momentum mentioned earlier], even though it says N/A n the control scheme).
  • Probably not a big deal, but swapping between controller and mouse when piloting/on a turret does not work properly, the sensitivity is all over the place and the reticle "snapping back to center" behavior for controller does not change.

every time i try to take out a ship killing platform after hacking the first terminal and exiting to blow up the first core after the core is dead and i re-enter the platform to hack the terminal for the second core there is no quest objective icon to lead me to the second terminal i even checked every terminal and none were hackable i left and er entered the platform multiple times but still no quest icon some one else has to enter the platform and then the quest objective icon shows up and they have to finish the rest of the terminal hacking and this bug hits me with out fail every run.

at least the black screen when entering the crewsships only happens some times at least the mod disabling bug when entering crews ships only happne some times at least the arkwing looking like its flying sideways after exiting crewsships is ignorable and only happens some times  at least the random teleportation back into the railjack after falling off into the darkness insiden an assination tile set was a one time thing.

Crewships target their missiles on the front artillery window of the railjack, so that anyone using the turret is going to be blinded by each missile barrage and can only target the turret by looking at UI elements. Since crewships produce a barrage in what feels like seconds, the window is constantly flashing white from the missile impact effects.

Ruse War field:

The derelict section keeps me puzzled with it's function, every time.
Usually, it contains nothing, save for infested and some crates.

My last visit suddenly pointed towards a hacking station (which never appeared before).
After hacking, cephalon Cy mentions, that 'this will interest the crew'.
Yet the objective marker leads back out, resulting in nothing worthwhile to be found.

When flying nearby with your railjack, Cy mentions incomming missiles.
You can even hear them launch, seemingly coming from the tower.
But nowhere, is any trace to be found, of projectiles being fired (no fx trails, nothing).

This keeps happening non-stop.
Hearing the cephalon warn you, every minute or so.
Untill you move far away enough, from the derelict, with the railjack.

Supposedly, this tower behaves like a grineer installment (luckily no ramsleds).
But I do not recall Orokin towers, being outfitted with a grineer arsenal of missiles.
And not that anyone onboard (intelligent infested?), would even know, how to operate these.

Furthermore, grineer fighters love to attack the entrance, like their life depends on it.

Shipkiller platforms:

Attack their own ships, when a railjack is not within range.
Effectively taking aim at crewships, and frying their health away.

Update (2020/01/29) - video material added:

Spoiler

After destruction, the dish likes to follow any ship, manouvering nearby.
Having no men left to operate the thing, makes this creepily weird.

And much like every other grineer installation.
This platform still loves to send ramsleds, after having been made completely inopperable.

It provides extra unnecessary obstacles for any railjack team.
Since the objective markers disappear.
Making accidental approaches to ramsled-happy- dead bases, a nasty hindrance.

The following video displays these related issues:

Spoiler

Displaying as bonus, a way to clip outside the platform.
Allowing entry to an area, where enemy behaviours can be exploited.

Cannon Batteries:

Still respawn, after having been destroyed.

Merely leave the area, a good 5000m+ away.
Then come back, to discover a new cannon.
Edit: It also appears to be based on a timer.
Immediately returning, doesn't yield granted results.

It has the possibility to be exploited (pickups).
And causes slight aggravation, after having made that section secure.

Furthermore, some like to stack upon one another.
And more than too often, will a respawned battery, have an incorrect alignment to the surface.
Being rotated 90 degrees along an axis, hugging the surface with their entire length.

Video update:

The following video, shows turrets respawning (remember the locations these are on, as I fly back and forth).
Allowing fresh loots every time as well.
Also be sure to watch at least the end as well.
Where a 90° rotated turret is seen.

Spoiler

Video Update 2:

Finally found a few cannon batteries, stacked upon one another.
Of which I made the following footage.
These most likely occur, when discovering some batteries, but not destroying them yet.
Return later, and it will spawn a new one, over the existing turret.

Spoiler

Missile launch detected:

As mentioned under the Ruse War field section.
These incomming projectiles, are actually completely useless, when it comes to galleons/asteroid bases.

Cy will keep warning you at ludicrous safe distances.
While the missiles themselves, only travel for a brief period.
Shortly dissapating afterwards.

So if you don't want the cephalon, to repeat the same sentence for some time,
A team will be forced to leave the railjack at distances of over 10,000m.
Then use their archwing to board the galleon/asteroid base (the latter, still being invisible).

Black screen bug and other railjack hijinks (Newly added today):

Spoiler

Black screen bug.
Which has been mentioned earlier.
Affecting the host first, who then was forced to migrate.
Then it crawled over to me.

Using the omni warp, somehow made it all disappear, luckily.
But not everyone may be as fortunate.
People are often still struck, by a permanent one.

But more weird bugs followed.
Like the other, -also earlier mentioned-, repair spots.
Where you can just swish your omni over, and nothing happens.

As a bonus, I've had this occur to me once:
Sinking through the railjack, next to the life pod.

Edited by Guest
Videos added + bonus section

My issues with Railjack so far have been you can't use your navigation. Not like it's not letting but it still shows the X prompt, but more so it not prompting for either party members and we can't continue to repeat the mission. Other things as well as watching the Railjack eat dome charges I've seen this happen a lot and your position in artillery bugs out as well. I notice it eating dome charges when getting into artillery.

There is even when it's not letting me use tactical abilities and or Railjack set avionics abilities when things bug out bad. Most of the time it happens when you do multiple missions or de-sync issues occurs. I really think Empyrean should have came out later and had been not so rushed, I know people need content. There is some clear issues with this update that really feel rushed. I really hope things get fixed as soon as they can.  

Here's my issue with artillery.
929CA72F670C683A702366609DB26985516957F9

Here's my issue with Navigation not letting me do anything and no prompt.
AC23D1391A4C3E4C8D21634C01CEC5737F656465

Edited by Wolfhider

Seems that the wing turret orientation still needs some work, as players still spawn outside the ship when manning one of the chairs: 797CB744D05AC3D8B14C80560EB382D8DB756E74

A3DFD24E525ECB6B519741242B57E04B64D08EFB

And the turrets can still clip inside the ship:

A7450C51A1F83FF9E4F5907229E2AB8D58C7131D

092975D8987694F0C7298CCA4E5A09D47D5507BBAlso, the wing gunner chairs STILL doesn't stay where it should:

27D3EE0C5513CAA23C5EC33BFB2BBCF18B5B2962And the skybox is still broken when aiming a certain direction while operating the wing turrets:

4CB4A269ABA8C19CBDC1BF2056D64FE2B04D922DB84CD85FD784EF3B9F13AD59DC950CC65C7B9662

Edited by PAK1988

Games lock you at the end of the railjack mission if you try to enter a crewship before it disappear and it disappear exactly while in the entering animation (can't escape or recall to railjack even if the host navigate to dojo and wait for timer you are still locked in place, you can see the reward screen but can't do anything beside abort mission)

When exiting the Pulse Turbine via the main entrance, if you hit Space Bar the game asks you if you want to Skip Cinematic, 

If you accept, you are left in a circular room with no exit.

uH1o1VM.jpg

uFQcpAx.jpg

/unstuck seems to be able to get you out np

I dind't mean to skip the Cinematic, I just keep resting my hand on the mechanical keyboard lol

So I don't know if this is an issue with any other structure.

EDIT: I just started a new mission, I tried this while exiting a Crewship, I spawned inside the same room, inside the walls of another Pulse Turbine structure that was 12,000m away lol

Edited by 0meg4x

The Maxima avionic is unaffected by the bonus shields from your equipped shield generator. It applies a bonus to the base shields only, and final shielding is calculated as 1000*(1+Maxima)+EquippedShield, where it should be (1000+EquippedShield)*(1+Maxima).

Ivara losing prowl (at random) when on any railjack mission, regardless of maxed out hush or supress mods.  Doesn't matter if she is on-deck, out an air-lock, or yeeted out the slingshot.

I've lost so much affinity (equaling intrinsic points) by being one shotted by the bullet-sponge grineer any-time this bug pops up.

FIX IT!

P.S.; tell the drone in the other forum posts to knock it off with the stealth deletes.
You people have screwed up, though yes, you ARE patching things... but erasing actual content that points out EXACTLY what needs to be done to make Railjack work is a diservice to your community and reflects very very very VERY badly on the company.
stop it.
now,

Solo mission.  Destroyed final crewship while a hull breach was outstanding on my RJ.  Omni'd back to RJ with 20 seconds outstanding on the breach.  Cy acknowledged completion as my (solo) frame was running to the breach.  Screen then faded to black.  I could press Escape to abort the mission, or I could press T to interact with the chat window: "/unstuck" did nothing.  No other commands seemed to do anything.  Waited for five minutes afk to see if something would time out.  Eventually had to Alt-F4-- perhaps I should have used Escape/Abort mission instead.

Weapon Related:

• While activating the Archwing Launcher with Shedu equipped in open world areas, you will be unable to switch to a secondary weapon or gear items, such as the Tranquilizer Rifle.
  • If the player is downed while Shedu is equipped during the reload animation with an empty ammo pool, the player will be unable to shoot with it or switch to a secondary weapon.
  • Shedu prevents switching to equippable gear items, requiring the player to switch to a secondary or melee weapon before attempting to use a gear item, such as the Omni or the Archgun Deployer.

Gameplay Related:

• If enemies die too quickly in fissures from a Warframe ability or augment (such as Mirages' Sleight of Hand augment Explosive Legerdemain), they will not drop reactant, making it possible to inadvertently sabotage the mission.
  • Rarely, if you attempt to revive a teammate at the same time as they die/revive themselves, your character will be stuck and unable to act until you press X again. (/unstuck doesn't do anything)

Warframe Related:

• When using Inaros' Devour ability, if the targeted enemy is stuck on terrain, the ability will not cancel and will continue until the player releases the held button.

Pet/Sentinel Related:

• Helios is able to scan enemies in Sanctuary Onslaught/Elite Sanctuary Onslaught despite gear items not being allowed. Unsure if this is a bug, or intended.
  • Occasionally, Helios will scan the same enemy multiple times. This usually occurs with larger enemies such as Lephantis, Profit-Taker, Eidolons, etc.

Using the Railjack's slingshot to enter a crewship while it's in the process of blowing up will put you outside of the map, it'll disable every item in the gear wheel (so no teleporting back to the Railjack using the Omni Tool), and it will even disable the ESC menu, so you end up having to kill the Warframe process to exit the game.