The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenebrous Ephemera [Outdated]

Lullypumpsie

1 hour ago, Vaeldious said:

I wonder how many are upset that the ephemera is fairly easy to get now, yet were advocating reactor changes.

Same here tbh. During the whole time i was playing the Anomaly, i had a Captura, Umbra Forma, Captura, Captura, Captura, Captura, Captura from the red winged Containers and yellow ones. Most of the Capturas i found was from the yellow one and one of them from the red one so the 15 Anomaly Shards is the only way i was able to get myself the Tenebrous Ephemera.

Edit: What i don't get is i didn't get to farm Tenebrous Ephemera from Reinforced Sentient Containers but i get this as a End Mission Reward:

SXY1GuG.jpg

Edited by GPrime96

45 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Do we get the Anomaly Shard if we remain in the ship (aka doing the mission) or do we have to be in the Anomaly ?

Unsure

It's a shared Reward so you can both do Mission and Anomaly if your Team decided to split up

• Like 1

how are you guys getting 8 shards in cycle?  Don't you have to finish the whole mission? which takes about 10-15min each?  and then i also see some people leaving as soon as the anomaly mission is done without finishing the whole RJ mission, whats up with that?

Edited by foxydadee

8 часов назад, (XB1)The Neko Otaku сказал:

Whole thread wants better farm method for ephemera , we get a better way to get it. And 2 entitled people are now crying that they can't be special. Rest of thread 9270e9b99b355d5f27554e3fbafdb08f.jpg

Mmm tears.

I can't understand the sense of entitlement because you lucked out in the worst rng reward in this games history so far. And now that people have easier way to get it that respects their time you start throwing tanturms? Are you a boomer? Cause this whole it was hard for me so it should hard for you mentality reeks of boomer mentality and fragile egos. It's a video game who cares.

Ok, boomer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, foxydadee said:

how are you guys getting 8 shards in cycle? Don't you have to finish the whole mission? 

This is how I get a bunch of runs into a single cycle.  Best run so far is 7 runs, with a booster makes 14 shards total. I'm sure more efficient teams can pull off 10+ runs in a single cycle.

Also, some people are just looking for Umbra Forma/Shedu Parts, and if none drop, they leave after looking through the anomaly.

Edited by Vaeldious

On 2020-01-23 at 10:10 AM, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Imagine being okay with not even earning a pretty awesome ephemera, but instead being able to get it easier than even Fae Path

Imagine thinking that rolling a dice over and over is "earning" something. If you ever gained something by pure luck, it was not earned.

You're just mad that other people actually are able to earn it now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Imagine thinking that rolling a dice over and over is "earning" something. If you ever gained something by pure luck, it was not earned.

You're just mad that other people actually are able to earn it now. 

I'm mad that it's as cheap as it is now.

Imagine sucking your thumb to help yourself sleep at night, after being stuck on the fallible concept that those who disagree with this change do not disagree about it not being RNG anymore.

Edited by Hawk_of_the_Reborn

3 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I'm mad that it's as cheap as it is now.

Imagine sucking your thumb to help yourself sleep at night, after being stuck on the fallible concept that those who disagree with this change do not disagree about it not being RNG anymore.

Why are you mad?

Why are you angry that something which was rare, but not merit-based, and that which you didn't even HAVE is now available in a far less obtuse format. This isn't Halo 5's Heloskrill fiasco - you didn't acquire the Ephemera through an act of great skill - in Halo 5's case, having beaten every game on the Master Chief collection on Legendary, whilst linked to 5 of course, before it was accidentally added to the lootbox pool. Everyone had the same chance to get it - that chance was just ridiculously low and harshly time-gated. All that mattered was how often you rolled the dice. Somebody could literally get it the first time they loaded into the Anomaly - less effort than now. Going back to Halo 5 - Helioskrill, after the change, became like the Tenebrous Ephemera - valueless, because getting it said nothing about you other than your willingness or ability to roll dice. 

Tenebrous was never valuable in any meaningful fashion. It was never a symbol of any kind of achievement. All that's changed is that it now has a time investment that matches its actual value.

• Like 1

So anyone wants to do the terrible farm again but this time for umbra forma? Hit me up in game if you do I'd be up for it(I'll be honest I really didn't feel bad doing those 400+ runs to find a cache) so if anyone else feels the same way well I'd be up for farming together

Edited by CephalonSkii
Um bra for ma

This thread is becoming so salty.

I did 700+ runs without achieving it. Sure it hurts that I did those runs for literally nothing but this is a game.

I don't care if everyone can farm it, I don't care if everyone has it -- The point is that now I can have it. (the more, the merrier  -ideology)

This is a cosmetic and a cosmetic should NOT be locked behind many layers of RNG walls.

Everyone who's "mad" about the ephemera being "cheap", don't.

Take a small break. Breathe. Inhale and exhale. Relax.

After all this is just a game...

Edited by Daziri
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CephalonSkii said:

So anyone wants to do the terrible farm again but this time for umbra forma? Hit me up in game if you do I'd be up for it(I'll be honest I really didn't feel bad doing those 400+ runs to find a cache) so if anyone else feels the same way well I'd be up for farming together

Lol and then the next thing u know DE will make those available also from little duck for 250 shards xD in another hotfix 

On 2020-01-25 at 1:12 AM, Vaeldious said:

I wonder how many are upset that the ephemera is fairly easy to get now, yet were advocating reactor changes.

They shouldn't have made it so hard to get in the first place. THEN removing it from the drops temporarily to bring it back in a super easy way is just disrespectful to the few who did luck out. I say we let them keep the og version and we can have the "updated model"

35 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

They shouldn't have made it so hard to get in the first place. THEN removing it from the drops temporarily to bring it back in a super easy way is just disrespectful to the few who did luck out. I say we let them keep the og version and we can have the "updated model"

Having lucked out can't be any kind of achievement. Trust me I got the ephemera before hotfix too after 700+ runs.. And i suffered so i dint want others to get through the same hell like we did.. So its better for everyone to have a balanced  progression based system to get it.. It doesn't matter actually.. The ephemera is still unique, acquisition method can't decide its rarity imo.. 

What u are enjoying, other players have the right too to enjoy it as well.. Cosmetics like these should not be locked behind so many RNG layers.. If it was a direct rng method then its fine like exploiter drops shocking step (5% drop chance) 

Edited by EzioTheEagle

8 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Having the ephemera is the only claim they have to pretending that they're special at something. Fragile egos are fun watching crumble.

It's not anyone being special but they grinded and got the emphera after it was removed from the drop table it was a huge sucker punch and DE themselves made it seem exclusive by doing such. The should've never implemented the emphera through such grind from square one but they did I say let the Lads have the og one and let us farm the new one 

• Like 1

BTW, my first (ninth as total) got rare-containerlyst was yerrow with no drop stuffs after scene/ephemera remove patch released. welp I'm wondering if only drops umbra forma BP or also nothing when spawning the red-containerlyst atm. I'll keep grinding this mission till get next one.

QcOuRrx.jpg

6WjzlAn.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Why are you mad?

Why are you angry that something which was rare, but not merit-based, and that which you didn't even HAVE is now available in a far less obtuse format. This isn't Halo 5's Heloskrill fiasco - you didn't acquire the Ephemera through an act of great skill - in Halo 5's case, having beaten every game on the Master Chief collection on Legendary, whilst linked to 5 of course, before it was accidentally added to the lootbox pool. Everyone had the same chance to get it - that chance was just ridiculously low and harshly time-gated. All that mattered was how often you rolled the dice. Somebody could literally get it the first time they loaded into the Anomaly - less effort than now. Going back to Halo 5 - Helioskrill, after the change, became like the Tenebrous Ephemera - valueless, because getting it said nothing about you other than your willingness or ability to roll dice. 

Tenebrous was never valuable in any meaningful fashion. It was never a symbol of any kind of achievement. All that's changed is that it now has a time investment that matches its actual value.

If you couldn't read, then you shouldn't ask what was already answered