Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenebrous Ephemera [Outdated]

Lullypumpsie

Lets talk about new Tenebrous Ephemera. (Screenshots: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Now this ephemera can be bought Little Duck, to farm 15 anomaly shards, I think it will not be difficult, so that the crybaby can now calm down.
The rarity of this ephemera is now equated to the rarity of the Bleeding Body ephemera, LOL.

My condolences to all those who spent a month on the grind, thinking that they got something really rare. 😞

Outdated information:

Спойлер

Now ephemera has been removed from the drop list.

Ephemera abruptly turns from a rare curiosity into a cheap trinket that every casual player will have (like event/nightseries ephemeras)

В 16.01.2020 в 18:44, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

Another note for a short term fix for a bigger issue. All Platforms will receive this very soon since it's a Data fix:

Tenebrous Ephemera Removal and Future Acquisition:
We will TEMPORARILY remove the Tenebrous Ephemera as a drop from Reinforced Sentient Containers aboard the Sentient Anomaly in Veil Proxima. The drop method is causing numerous issues in terms of connectivity stability and player frustration. We’re going to be changing the acquisition method that won’t involve a direct drop rate in a near future Hotfix/Update, and will instead be closer to a token system (complete X Anomaly missions to buy Ephemera from a vendor).
The Tenebrous Ephemera will be coming back as soon as possible in a better acquisition method

And therefore, I have a question: What will those who looted this ephemera grit their teeth? 🙂

Some people tryhard to grind this ephemera, and some of some of them still dosent get is, so did they spend their own time wasted? Because the farm of red-winged chests is a very energy-morally spent action. Also, ephemera use to be RARIEST thing, also this is just COSMETIC, it rly pisses me off.

Also, from the red-winged crates, the Umbra form drops, but for some reason I do not see people who whine because of its rarity, although the Umbra form more affects the gameplay than the ephemera.

I am really sorry for the people who completed 800 runs, did not receive the ephemera, but now they will get it without any pleasure from receiving it. What is the meaning of grind of rare wonders then?

In my opinion, the game should be something so complex and rare that it can only be obtained by quite patient, successful and goal-oriented players, and not the players who immediately started to resent the RNG or the players who: “I want to have everything in this game without any effort"

I do not want to panic that the ephemera will be easier to receive in the update. Perhaps, by the way, obtaining ephemera will be much more difficult and longer than from red-chested chests, but it will not have RNG, its will be fair.

This is my opinion and I believe that it was not necessary to follow the lead of incompetent players, who believe that they should have all the rarest, without putting effort into it.

Outdated information:

Спойлер

This Ephemera can be looted from RARE chests in Sentient Ship Anomaly on Veil RailJack missions.

1st player who confirmed find it: Landaros

People, who has already 2 ephemera (wierd flex messege): kivals (screendarkyoukon (screen)

People, who has 3 ephemeras (dunno y they still do it)Inqie (screen)

So, what we know?

• 1st thing: Landaros loot it from RED-wing chest (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)  VIDEO where player loot it from this chest. I think it is Reinforced-like chest (T4

In general, these screenshots show 6 rooms when Red chest has spawn point, some more often, some less often.

Room #1 Room #2 Room #3 Room #4 Room #5 Room #6

Most likely Red-wing spawned behind brick-walls, or long end-room.

Be careful if u want invite ur friends when u find RED-wing, bc this chest is ONE SHOTIBLE. Also enemies can destroy chest too.

Anyway u need ~50% RNG to get ROOMs when this chest has spawn point, than u need ~<1% RNG to SPAWN red chest, AND THAN u need ~?% RNG for drop ephemera. 

• 2nd thing: Also on ship can spawn Yellow-wing chest (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19) This is looks like T3 chest. Ephemera drop from that not confirmed.

Both this chest contains some scenes for Captura.

The point of this topic is collect all the observations for these chest in one place, so, pls, write your guesses, screenshots and tips about farm ephemera. Most welcome screenshots with RED-wing chests and their location on the map. The information that you are a loot from a rare chest is also important.

This will help the community, I think.

Thank Landaros for describing his experience in Discord.

This whole sentient ship is like a bug. I doubt that we MUST have met with him at the initial stage of Empyrean. But devs worked on it and gave it to us, because too many players noticed him.

All that is written here is just speculation and observation, there is no reliable information yet.

Warning: all attempts to obtain an ephemera can most often be described with this quote:

В 28.12.2019 в 13:23, Shockness сказал:

My happiness was quickly transformed into pure sadness. Instead of an awesome cosmetic ephemera, I got a ******** capture scene. 

Funny VIDEO how GazTTV open RED-wing and than he GOT...

Edited by Lollipumpsie
Update
  • Like 15

il y a 15 minutes, ChaosSabre a dit :

Hey remember when DE said ephemeras would be challenges that you need to work for and not just a RNG drop?

I remember it, did a post about it, got taking down because it was too sensitive i guess, people tell me it's okay that it's RNG based, yay we love rng, we love either playing for 48 hours straight with unlucky bs to not get something you want, or you being so skilled to get an ephemera in 1 run in less than 10 minutes. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

I remember it, did a post about it, got taking down because it was too sensitive i guess, people tell me it's okay that it's RNG based, yay we love rng, we love either playing for 48 hours straight with unlucky bs to not get something you want, or you being so skilled to get an ephemera in 1 run in less than 10 minutes. 

“We love Rng”

*looks at vengeful ephemeras being sold for 100+ plat*

<_<

6 minutes ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

I still cant figure why Eidolon Ephemera was a Nightwave reward at all. I guess nora does eidolon huntings or has a secret lore that De dont wanna explain 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

I still cant figure why Eidolon Ephemera was a Nightwave reward at all. I guess nora does eidolon huntings or has a secret lore that De dont wanna explain 

DE wanted to tie that ephemera to eidolon hunts but a lot of folk literally snort those for breakfast so the ephemera will end up basically given away for free. So DE just time gated it in Nightwave. all there is to it.

20191224150438_1.jpg?width=2427&height=1

20191224150434_1.jpg?width=2427&height=1

20191224150846_1.jpg?width=2427&height=120191224151106_1.jpg?width=2427&height=1

Little chit chat with the lottery winner.

I can see some bugging on the operator + I have discovered that

It drops in the form of a blueprint like a lich ephemera.

It is not tradeable.

The description "Walk wreath in sentient unlight"

I have discovered that the colors also do not change,

this may be because Tenebrae means dark in latin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

I agree with the people who talked you down. Complaining about a free cosmetic is ocd and you need to stop.

its fine for them to change ideas they are not set in stone if they say something once. Maybe it was not worth the dev time to put a condition on every single one?

• Like 2

Every ingame ephemera that isn't off nightwave or some other guaranteed drop has been RNG, this is not new.  Many people don't have the ephemera from ESO because hey it's a 1.01% drop chance on rot c only.  

I haven't seen a winged chest in any of my sentient tile walkthroughs sadly.  Probably a really low spawn rate overall like .25% or something small like that.  

• Like 1

1 минуту назад, (XB1)COA Altair сказал:

Every ingame ephemera that isn't off nightwave or some other guaranteed drop has been RNG, this is not new.  Many people don't have the ephemera from ESO because hey it's a 1.01% drop chance on rot c only.  

I haven't seen a winged chest in any of my sentient tile walkthroughs sadly.  Probably a really low spawn rate overall like .25% or something small like that.  

I run sent ship 5 day, and i see 2 yellow-winged chest only TODAY. Never see Red btw.

• Like 2

6 минут назад, MollAgdeduba сказал:

Just a question half related with the topic... sometimes you encounter some wall on vail sentient ship with some chest behind, how to destroy that wall?

Operator, void DMG. If u cant, u can unequip AMP and try destroy it by standard ray of void

6 minutes ago, Lollipumpsie said:

Operator, void DMG. If u cant, u can unequip AMP and try destroy it by standard ray of void

Trying and failing that several times now, I saw that the wiki says using the paracesis and sure enough, a slam attack with it gets rid of the walls.

8 minutes ago, Irhyo said:

Trying and failing that several times now, I saw that the wiki says using the paracesis and sure enough, a slam attack with it gets rid of the walls.

There’s also issues with it glitches. Ran four times last night with rare chests, and neither Void nor Paracesis did the trick. Had to leave them there.

Just now, (PS4)corpusbonds said:

There’s also issues with it glitches. Ran four times last night with rare chests, and neither Void nor Paracesis did the trick. Had to leave them there.

Get a weapon with a large aoe or use a frame with one that can break containers (like Equinox's maim) Vacuum should be long enough to pick up all the loot from infront of the door, or on the walkway above them.

1 hour ago, More-L said:

Get a weapon with a large aoe or use a frame with one that can break containers (like Equinox's maim) Vacuum should be long enough to pick up all the loot from infront of the door, or on the walkway above them.

I bring Valkyr and her paralysis is usually enough. Still, we shouldn’t have to do that all the time. I’m sure it’ll get fixed but boy it’s frustrating.

Mmm... ok. Some people claiming they are getting rare chests frequently. I've done 137 sentient runs for the sole purposes of rare caches. I got a yellow rare chest on my first run, dropped captura scene. Since then... nothing.

Please note there are common and uncommon chests as well.

Edited by Skaleek

5 hours ago, Midas said:

20191224150438_1.jpg?width=2427&height=1

20191224150434_1.jpg?width=2427&height=1

20191224150846_1.jpg?width=2427&height=120191224151106_1.jpg?width=2427&height=1

Little chit chat with the lottery winner.

I can see some bugging on the operator + I have discovered that

It drops in the form of a blueprint like a lich ephemera.

It is not tradeable.

The description "Walk wreath in sentient unlight"

I have discovered that the colors also do not change,

this may be because Tenebrae means dark in latin.

they look like they're gettin Thanos snapped

me - manage to do 6 runs in 30 min. About 100-130 runs total. Not even 1 gold or red chest. Playing a lot. Invest money in the game.

My clan mate who play 1 hour in the week. Find red chest in second run.

Love rng in this game. Fair system.

10 minutes ago, Gasau said:

me - manage to do 6 runs in 30 min. About 100-130 runs total. Not even 1 gold or red chest. Playing a lot. Invest money in the game.

My clan mate who play 1 hour in the week. Find red chest in second run.

Love rng in this game. Fair system.

Yup this sums up my experience.

• Like 1